Weight Management Counseling
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Kora Method Slimming Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sandeep Jassal to be well-reasoned. Thanks a ton for responding. I have tried all those things had Cheston Cold tablet, Ginger tea, Honey with Hot water... Nothing worked out. I am afraid whether I am having tonsils or not
Dr. Sandeep Jassal provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks
H S Sangha
A caring doctor diagnosing patient with full responsibility and less expenses . Thanks
Home remedy for dry chapped lips:
· Drink plenty of water everyday
. Cut fine slices of cucumber and rub on lips
. Apply aloe vera gel on your lips
· Apply neem leaves extract on your lips
I am working in police department yesterday I check my blood the result of blood tryglicide value is 1748 and vldl value not recognise. Blood sugar and cholesterol sgpt sgot values are normal. Pls help me.
Believe me, it's so easy to pile up the kilos during winter…courtesy comforting fried foods (primarily paranthas/परांठा), sugar laden tea or coffee and even the tempting gur-gachak (गुड़गचक) and mom’s pinnies (पिन्नी).
It’s the perfect time to think about wise food choices and portion control. Winter binging may easily cost you a weight gain of three to five kilos. The main reasons for weight gain are less physical activity during winter and of course increased consumption of heavier foods.
Tips to prevent winter weight gain:
1. Get enough sun-shine
A short pre or post lunch-time walk can provide sunlight which is good for your vitamin D status.
2. Limit fatty foods
Foods such as fried snacks, puddings, pinnies and chocolates can be limited to just once or twice a week.
3. Fill yourself up with fiber
Fill your plate or tiffin with lots of filling vegetableshave soup before your dinneradd oats, barley and dals (दाल) to help keep you fuller for longer.
4. Don’t skip workouts
Don’t skip the gym. Fix days for workouts and try to follow it as well.
5. Weigh yourself every day
Get on the scale frequently to make you conscious if you are putting on weight. Maintain record of weight and inches as well.
6. Indulge in healthy drinking
Have at least 2-3 cups of green tea or green coffee. Have light soups and broths.
I am 59 male with controlled BP with medicine and border line sugar without medicine. Regarding health MILK. What should the MILK and healthy quantity at one time? What is the best time to take it? Can one take it continuously without break for a longer period?
My age 16 my weight 74 my height 5.6 how much should I decrease in weight and am in obesity if I want decrease please sat my det chart.
I have multiple fractures on both my legs, femur, I had vitamin d deficiency, but now its normal, is there any treatment to get replace old weak fractured heal bones with new bones. Any therapy or treatment, please help me, I am living miserable life, I lost all teeth and have abnormal face, I feel inferior, I do not want to get suicide, I have done mba, bba with 83% but it does not make me happy, I can not walk outside and alone.
I am married and having a son of age 3. My physique is ok. Except my hands and tummy. These bth parts r fat. Nt able to wear any sleeveless dresses as my hands r fatty and belly fat. Can you please help me?
Hi I have a doubt. Is drinking detox drink lemon honey and ginger is good for health? Please give a suggestion.
Hello I am 24 years old Nd my height is 6" 2 and weight is 100 kg now I want to loss some weight Nd then join gym, please tell me way to loss weight and a proper diet for loss weight without harm my body.
I want to reduce my weight by 10 ng. Currently I am 85 kg I want to be 75 kg. Also want to reduce my belly fat can you tell me diet according to that.
I am 20 years old .and I am skinny .what should I do to gain a weight so that I will look as healthy boy.
Diabetes occurs in all age groups, right from infants to the elderly. The greatest incidence of occurrences happen in the middle or older aged people. 80-85% cases belong to people of 45 years of age or older.
Whatever be your age, following lifestyle changes can ensure that you stay free of any complications.
1. Select your carbs carefully - Choose carbohydrates that break down in the body slowly, providing steady energy. Reach for whole grains, beans, nuts, and fresh vegetables and fruits. Yes, you can eat fruit even though it's sweet. It's about eating the right amounts of carbohydrates at each meal.
2. Lose weight - It'll help lower your blood sugar and improve your blood pressure and blood fats. You'll also have more energy. To begin with, try cutting excess fat, sugar, and calories from your diet.
3. Get enough sleep - Getting too much or too little sleep can increase your appetite and cravings for high-carb foods. That can lead to weight gain, increasing your risk for complications such as heart disease. Go for 7 or 8 hours of sleep every night. If you have sleep apnea, treating it can improve your sleep and lower your blood sugar levels.
4. Check your blood sugar periodically - Keep a track of your sugar levels can help you avoid diabetes complications, like nerve pain, or keep them from getting worse. Checking it can also help you see how foods and activities affect you, Your doctor can help you set a target glucose level range. The closer you get to your target, the better you'll feel.
5. Manage the stress effectively - Stress can cause your blood glucose levels to rise. Get rid of whatever physical or mental stress you have. Relaxation techniques such as breathing exercises, yoga, and meditation may be effective to control type 2 diabetes.
6. Salt - Reduce the salt in your diet. It may help lower blood pressure and protect your kidneys. Not salting the food on your plate may not be enough. Adults age 51 and older, and individuals with high blood pressure, diabetes, or chronic kidney disease should talk with their doctor about how much to reduce their sodium intake. In general, people with diabetes should decrease to less than 2,300 mgs per day, however, your doctor may recommend lower amounts.
7. Remove the risk of heart disease - Heart disease can be a serious diabetes complication. Keep an eye on your risk by getting these ABCs checked:
A1C level. This is a measure of your average blood sugar control for the last 2-3 months. You may need it checked two or more times a year. Talk to your doctor about setting a goal.
Blood pressure. Goal: below 140/80 mm Hg.
Cholesterol. Goal: LDL to 100 mg/d or less; HDL above 40 mg/dl in men and greater than 50 in women; and triglycerides below 150 mg/dl.
8. Take care of cuts and wounds - Diabetes raises your risk of infection and slows healing, so treat even simple cuts and scrapes quickly. Properly clean your wound and use an antibiotic cream and sterile bandage. See a doctor if it's not better in a few days. Check your feet every day for blisters, cuts, sores, redness, or swelling. Moisturize them to prevent cracks.
9. Mind your smoking habit - People with diabetes who smoke are two times more likely to die prematurely than those who don't. Quitting helps your heart and lungs. It lowers your blood pressure and risk of stroke, heart attack, nerve damage, and kidney disease.
10. Get your diet right! - Here's what is ideal:
- Upon waking : Bitter Gourd (karela) juice, and a glass of lukewarm water with half a freshly - squeezed lime.
- Breakfast: Any fresh fruit with the exception of bananas. A small quantity of wholemeal bread with butter and fresh milk.
- Lunch: A bowl of freshly prepared steamed vegetable, one or two whole wheat chapattis, and a glass of buttermilk.
- Mid afternoon: A glass of fresh fruit or vegetable juice
- Dinner: A large bowl of raw vegetable salad, with lime juice dressing, sprouted mung beans, and cottage cheese.
- Bedtime snack: A glass of fresh milk or fresh fruit
11. Doctor visit - Expect to see your doctor two to four times a year. If you take insulin or need help balancing your blood sugar levels, you may need to visit more often. Also, get a yearly physical and eye exam. You should be screened for eye, nerve, and kidney damage, and other complications. See a dentist twice a year.
- Exercise and yogic asanas. And Meditation
- Body massage and steam bath once a week
- Hot fomentation to lower back.
And be sure to tell all healthcare providers that you have diabetes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist and ask a free question.
I am suffering from cold last few month I have take medicine but no cure after that I consult to ent he recognise me and give monocef 200 antibiotic for increased my tonsillitis.
With reduced physical activity & less time to exercise these days, gaining weight is becoming inevitable lifestyle problem. It does not need to be mentioned how being overweight makes us prone to a gamut of diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, stroke, arthritis and much more. How about some simple foods from your kitchen which can help you burn fat? We bring to you below the 5 such foods which you should try to consume if you want to lose the extra flab.
Cinnamon can give a boost to metabolism by 20%. If you are consuming more food than required, your body gets excess sugar, the liver will converts this sugar into fatty acids or fat. Cinnamon helps to break down sugar for absorption into the body as energy and fastens up the sugar metabolism which may result in less fatty acids production for the body to store. Cinnamon can also help stabilize blood-sugar levels.
Cinnamon can be added to smoothies, yogurt, sprinkled on breakfast cereals or in coffee for added sweetness without many additional calories.
An egg provides about 85 calories but is a powerhouse protein, zinc, iron and vitamins A, D, E, and B12. Eggs help you stay full for a long time and keep up the metabolism high as compared to cereals. An omelet or a vegetable sandwich topped with hard-boiled egg and scrambled egg are all great options to start your day with a sumptuous breakfast.
Please do understand that eating mustard will not make you achieve your weight loss goals, but adding mustard to a diet that is already full of healthy, low-calorie and low-fat foods can give your metabolism an extra fat burning boost. Just one teaspoon of mustard seeds can help you to burn 20-25% more calories almost instantly,
Also, it has to be kept in mind that spicy foods can cause or aggravate some conditions as acid reflux, GERD, gastritis or ulcers. Please consult your doctor before consuming spicy mustard if you have any of these conditions.
Ginger, one of the most used flavorsome root contains acids that stimulate gastric enzymes that can boost your metabolism significantly .Ginger has appetite suppressant properties , so is ideal for weight watchers or for those in whom food cravings make all the dieting efforts fail. Ginger has also cholesterol lowering properties.
One medium sized tomato has only about 20-30 calories but is a storehouse of nutrients, like Iron, Magnesium, Beta-carotene, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, B Vitamins, Lycopene, and Phosphorus.Tomatoes are one of the best foods to give quantity to a meal, provide fullness and satiety afterward.