Customised Diet Chart
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Sexual Therapy Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Submit a review for LiveLifeMore Diet & Wellness ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sandeep Jassal to be well-reasoned. Thanks a ton for responding. I have tried all those things had Cheston Cold tablet, Ginger tea, Honey with Hot water... Nothing worked out. I am afraid whether I am having tonsils or not
The Aromatherapygiven to me by dr Sandeep Jaiswal brought lots of benefit in me. It gave lot of improvement in my health. I could manage my household work efficiently now. He can be visited at LiveLifeMore Diet & Wellness Clinic in Chandigarh.
Dr. Sandeep Jassal provides answers that are professional, very helpful, knowledgeable, inspiring and practical. Thanks for your instant reply, now my mother will stop eating tablets and start exercising after thus review.
P Vinod Menon
Dr. Sandeep Jassal provides answers that are very helpful, well-reasoned, inspiring, professional and practical. Useful information.vinod.Thanks.
Dr. Sandeep Jassal provides answers that are very helpful. Had some knowledge after doctor suggestion
H S Sangha
A caring doctor diagnosing patient with full responsibility and less expenses . Thanks
Dr. Sandeep Jassal provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks
I have twins baby boy and girl .both sleep on one side boy on back and girl on left side so their head on particular side have become flat. They are in their 5th month. What can be done.
I used to rub aloe vera daily morning on my face. Hope it will not cause any side effects on my face.
To feel cool in the scorching sun we all need to rehydrate & refresh our senses. The green soft tree-nuts ‘COCONUTS’ have cropped up everywhere.
These are undoubtedly a tender, green, nutritious water- filled nature’s gift. We all know about the benefits of its consumption, but are we all aware of few limitations of it. The reason could be –
- High Potassium.(2.5g / 1000g).
- Calorie density as per volume consumed. or
- Low sodium content(252mg/ cup).
Healthy Tips About Coconut Water!
NOT THE IDEAL ‘ENERGY DRINK’ FOR ALL
When it comes to rehydrating oneself after a moderate workout of less than an hour, then, considering coconut water is a good alternative to other energy drinks. But after a vigorous practice, the high Potassium and low sodium content of coconut water do not make it a suitable drink to replenish the depleted store. As sodium is equally required to rehydrate. Isn’t it! So, Instead, going for plain water will be a wiser option.
- DAILY EXCESS INTAKE CAN RESULT IN WEIGHT GAIN
1cup of it contains 46 calories, although lesser than those in energy drinks or fruit juice, an intake as per volume must be watched, take care of total calories for managing the reduction diet in connection to other foods of a day’s plan.
- NOT GOOD FOR DIABETICS
The natural sugar of coconut water impacts on blood sugar levels & reduces the insulin production. On an average, 1000 ml serving has 26.10 g of sugar. So watch out if you are diabetic.
- EXCESS INTAKE CAN LEAD TO ELECTROLYTE IMBALANCE
Again due to high Potassium content the excess intake of coconut water can lead to the symptoms of hyperkalemia, which include weakness, lightheadedness, the effect on kidneys, heart rhythms etc.
- MAY LOWERSBLOOD PRESSURE
Esp. Those on medication routine for high b.p. must drink it in moderation.
- IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO ANY EATABLES,
then the excess of coconut water can lead to sensitivity, as it is also one of the kinds of tree nut.
In moderate amounts this property of coconut water will help soothes your system, but in excess, it will force you to visit loo for a number of times.
- NOT IDEAL FOR FRIZZY OR COLD TEMPERATURE BODY TYPES.
One or two of Coconut are enough for a day, to keep your body healthy & safe.
Many times you must have met a child, with symptoms of discomfort after consuming dairy. Sometimes, these signs are seen within a year of birth or at adolescence. But do you know that Lactose Intolerance and Milk Allergy are two different types of conditions with the similar symptoms that one may be suffering from? Let’s know more
– Lactose intolerance
– Milk allergy
|LACTOSE INTOLERANCE||MILK ALLERGY|
|Involves enzymatic disorder.||Results due to impaired immune system.|
|The component responsible for discomfort is “MILK SUGAR- LACTOSE.”||The milk portion responsible is “MILK PROTEIN – CASEIN”.
|The gut lacks enzyme- LACTASE, for digesting lactose.||Body’s immune system treats CASEIN as a foreign element and starts working against it.|
|The undigested lactose results in the production of gases, & thus, the symptoms.||In response to CASEIN intake, the immune system starts producing HISTAMINE, & thus, the symptoms.|
|Can occur at any age.||Mostly encountered, within first 3 years of age.|
|One can tolerate dairy products to a certain quantity.||The body cannot accept even traces of milk proteins, in any form.|
|Could not be fatal.||Is fatal as can produce life-threatening reactions such as anaphylaxis.|
|SYMPTOMS include- Nausea, bloating, loose stools, watery diarrhea or gas.||SYMPTOMS include- Rashes, stomach upset, vomiting & diarrhea.|
As one has to be restricted or taken off from dairy, this two micro-nutrients CALCIUM & VITAMIN D, must be provided from non – dairy or supplemental sources.
Although unlike milk allergy, a person with lactose tolerance can have a limited quantity of milk or products, depending upon body’s capacity, but adequate amounts of non–dairy rich stuff has to be incorporated in both cases to meet the demands. Few examples are:
- Bone broth
- Fish with bones, oysters
- Dark green veggies low in oxalic acid like kale, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.
- Figs, banana, apple.
- Almond or soy milk.
- Sesame seeds.
- Egg yolks.
- Fortified juices.
So, having Lactose Intolerance Or Milk Allergy is not end of the road for those who are suffering because of either of these. There are several options in diet & nutrition available to make up for the nutrients which one has to miss because of being allergic to them.
Keto diet foods are very much in trend today. We at Live Life More Diet Clinic, have tried to suggest few Keto diets plans, especially keto diet for Indians, who are majorly vegetarians. These foods are the meal plans that set our body into the state of “ketosis”.
A diet with low carbohydrates, moderate proteins & high-fat content, has been proved to be very helpful in various conditions from epileptic treatment to anti-obesity or weight loss. It is believed that while on ketogenic or low-carb high-fat diet plan, our metabolism sets our body into the fat burning furnace, resulting in weight loss. More ketone bodies are produced which act as fuel for the brain and also improves the physical performance, thus, are used for athletes to provide them with more stamina for practice.
WHAT IS KETO DIET?
As it is also referred to be a low carb diet plan, thus, precisely, a diet routine using fats as a major source of energy for the body is called a ketogenic diet. There are a number of forms of KETO diets like Atkins, Paleo etc. But in strict sense to set the body in ketosis following must be the macro composition-
- Carbohydrates – 5 percent.
- Proteins – (20-25) percent.
- Fats – 70 percent.
Thus, for 1600 kcal KETO diet:
- Carbohydrates – 20 g/ day.
- Proteins – 80 g/ day.
- Fats – 130 g/ day.
How does KETO plan work as anti- obesity diet, which helps in weight loss?
KETO plan feeds lesser carbohydrates in a day.
- Using fat as a fuel, letting body enter the state of ketosis.
- Ketosis is breaking down of stored fat in the liver to produce energy. Thus, the stored fat will be used and you lose weight.
- As the fat will not be deposited in the body, you will become leaner and healthier.
- Finally, with a lesser fat deposit in the body, you will be saved from many other harmful conditions like heart diseases, diabetes, cholesterol levels etc.
KETOGENIC DIET AND WEIGHT LOSS
A number of times we scroll on the web in search of the food plan that can help us understand that what foods can be used in KETO plan. But mostly that we get into our vision are the products that we Indians are not using in our diets. So, here is a sample of some useful tips that can help you choose wisely from the variety of eatables to get benefitted by the Indianized KETO foods for vegetarians (as veg eaters consume more carbs then non- vegetarians).
GOOD DIET FOODS FOR KETO:
|Protein sources||Fat & oil sources||Low carbs
|Pumpkin, Chia Seeds||Coconut oil
|Tofu||Flax seed oil||Spinach||Hard full fat cheese||Avocado|
(whipped & sour)
|Pista, Cashew||Cocoa butter||Onion||Yogurt|
|Almond flour||Peanut oil||Tomato||Cream cheese|
|Soya flour||Ghee||Broccoli||Coconut butter|
Sample Keto Diet Meal Plan
- Paneer or Soya Patties -2.
- Tofu salad – Toss 3 cups of lettuce, crumbled tofu, tomato with 2 tbsp. Mayo.
- Yogurt with chia seeds.
- Strawberries smoothie with whipped cream.
- Baked broccoli & pepper with 2 tbsp. of olive oil with soya roti coated with ghee.
Diabetes is a very common lifestyle disease, which happens when your body is not able to produce the insulin hormone or does not know how to use it in the right way. In such a scenario the glucose remains in the blood, and causes your blood sugar level to shoot up. It is a common knowledge that diabetes is a home for other diseases. Therefore managing it or preventing it is of utmost importance and in order to the same, one has to focus on the overall health and fitness of your body.
But managing diabetes is a challenge that most patients face every day. This is because there are so many aspects to be kept in mind right from workout to food to stress and general health, all of which work together to help you maintain the right blood sugar levels.
Here goes a holistic approach to aid you manage diabetes:
- Keep a record of the food you consume: When you are learning to control the level of blood sugar in your body, it would be very helpful if you maintain a journal of what food items you are eating every day. This will make it easier for you to monitor your diet and even if you indulge in some delicious savory, you can easily bring about a balance by eating the right amount of healthy fruits & vegetables for the following days.
- Exercise daily: Make exercise a part of your daily routine and empower yourself to fight diabetes. Types of exercises you can follow are brisk walking, basic weight training to boost your strength, swimming and yoga. Yoga postures which are highly beneficial in managing diabetes are Pranayam (deep breathing exercises), vajrasana, chakrasana, etc. which either enhance the insulin secretion or glucose utilisation.
- Be careful about your feet: Diabetes can lead to neuropathy and in the worst case, it may cause injuries in feet that go in-noticed because low pain sensation. Therefore, proper foot care is critical. You should wash your feet regularly with cold water and pat dry with a clean, dry towel & do make it a point to inspect the feet in front of a mirror. If there is a nerve damage along with numbness, you may notice blisters, sores, bruising, swelling, calluses or skin breakage. Thus, you will have to be very careful while inspecting your feet every day.
- Get rid of extra belly fat to reduce insulin resistance: It is a vicious circle, as extra belly fat can eventually lead to insulin resistance and insulin resistance can eventually lead to weight gain, but in order to manage and control diabetes it is important that this chain must be broken. Therefore, daily exercise of minimum 20 - 30 mins is very much required. to help you get rid of belly fat and control diabetes.
- Control Blood Pressure & Cholesterol if high: Diabetes is a host of diseases and diabetic people will eventually suffer from high blood pressure and cholesterol problem. Diabetes is a major reason of artery damage, which in turn leads to high blood pressure. In order to, maintain a healthy heart and to prevent yourself against any cardiovascular diseases it is important that you keep you cholesterol and blood pressure in check.
- Get the right treatment for sleep apnea and sleepiness during the day: Sleep apnea refers to a condition that causes breathing interruptions numerous times in a day. It is triggered by faulty signals coming from your brain or due to blocking of the airway by soft tissues present in your throat. People affected with sleep apnea are more likely to have this disorder, which leads to insulin resistance and may also be called a roadblock for controlling diabetes.
- Brush and floss on a daily basis: When you are not able to control your diabetes level, it can lead to high level of glucose in the blood. Also, it can increase the level of glucose in the saliva, which in turn paves the way for a surge in tooth decay. Also, having diabetes makes it difficult for an infection to heal and thus, if you develop a gum disease, it may become very hard for you to get rid of it. So, if you make a habit of brushing and flossing regularly, you would be able to maintain good oral hygiene and save your teeth and gums from developing any disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Protein is the key for muscle building, this will help you gain weight. Help yourself with nuts and dairy products.
Meri mom ko migrane ki problem h .wo iska tratment approx 1 year kra chuki h phir v unko dard rehta h sr me. To Dr. .ne Naxdom 500 khane k liye bola h .iska koi permanent ilaj h ki nhi .unka pain ok ho jaye .plz reply kre. Unko kbhi right ,kbhi left me pain rehta h.
I am a mother of 3 month old baby. My stomach however got reduced in size but looks saggy after delivery. What I need to do to reduce and tighten my stomach as before. My sister is very lean. Is there any weight gaining supplements which is safe to use without any side effects. Please suggest.
Few things have the potential to impact the health of a person as much as his or her weight. Taking this into account, rather than having one’s weight up and down, would it not be interesting to learn ways to maintain a controlled weight over a long time?
Most people emphasise on losing weight, but once they are successful in their efforts, they become complacent. In the long term, weight definitely stays off, if a person changes the relationship he or she has with food.
It does seem quite awful when it is made to appear that a person is condemned to near tasteless food so as to stay healthy, doesn’t it? Well, the good news is that this really does not have to be the case, especially if an effort is made into incorporating the right food into the diet.
For instance, a strategy which allows for fruit such as watermelon, along with some others, for breakfast is more likely to work in the long run as compared to the one which insists that the individual must eat oats for breakfast! This is also true with other meals as there are different ways to prepare items like salmon to make sure they stay interesting.
Many people shrug off the responsibility of eating mindfully when they are consuming a meal. They think that they do not have the time to do so. However, if they concentrate on the food that they eat, they would not normally need as much time in order to maintain a high level of fitness.
Every person who wants to maintain or get to long-term weight loss should make it a point to eat in a mindful way. After all, who doesn’t want to receive the benefits of eating less without feeling hungry, by any measure?
A successful battle against weight gain does not need to be hard. Some simple steps can really set one on their way:
- Eating slowly and thinking about the food leads to less needless food consumed, beyond the point of satiation.
- Reducing the size of dining plates does go a long way, as a person is less likely to go back for another serving at a meal.
- Having your breakfast daily is a must as it is such an important meal and helps in successful long-term weight management.
Apart from a controlled diet, one must engage oneself in regular exercises and walks. Burning your calories play a critical role in maintaining your weight. Also drinking sufficient water (preferably 8 glasses a day) helps you stay hydrated and thereby improves your metabolism. Practice these tips, keep a track of your weight and see some positive results within a few months’ time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I have pain in my carfs, and can see the veins coming out, Dr. said external varicose veins, but no treatment, and I have a lot of pain, please suggest something for pain.
It is a common notion that fats are the major culprits that lead to all the weight problems and that cutting them off entirely from the diet can be a helpful solution. There’s no need to freak out with this information because there is more explanation to it. The truth is we actually cannot live without fats. This is because fats play an important role in a healthy diet. Fatty acids from fats are essential for a healthy skin. Fats also deliver fat-soluble vitamins and are great sources of energy. This is where the part about good fats and bad fats is important, and it is essential to know which fats should be avoided and which are the ones that should be included as a part of your diet. It is also important to know the amount of fat consumption and ways to avoid trans-fats (bad fats) that cause artery clogging. Let’s make a clear classification of the good and the bad fats.
The unsaturated fats are basically the good guys and these include polyunsaturated fatty acids and monounsaturated fatty acids. Both, when eaten in moderation, can help in lowering the risk of heart diseases as the cholesterol levels are reduced.
Polyunsaturated fats can be found mostly in vegetable oils and when substituted for saturated fats, these help in lowering the triglycerides and cholesterol levels in the blood. One such type of polyunsaturated fat with potential heart benefits is omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 is present in fish like trout, salmon, catfish etc. They are also found in walnuts and flaxseeds.
Monounsaturated fats also help in reducing heart diseases and a lot of these are consumed by Mediterranean people. These are found in olives, almonds, cashews, avocados, hazelnuts, peanut oil, canola, sesame seeds etc.
There are essentially two kinds of bad fats, saturated fats and trans fatty acids. Both can cause artery clogs and heart risks because they increase cholesterol content in the blood.
Saturated fats can be found in animal products like high-fat dairy, eggs, meat, poultry skin, vegetable fats like coconut and palm oils etc. There are a number of evidences, which suggest that saturated fats increase the risk of colon and prostate cancer. It is better to consume these in limited quantities to keep your cholesterol levels under check.
Trans fatty acids or trans fats may be naturally occurring fats, which are found in dairy and meat or the artificial ones, which are found in liquid oils that have been hardened into partially hydrogenated fats. The actual worry here are the artificial trans fats. These are used extensively in all sorts of junk food.
This is just the basic understanding about the fats, the ones which are unhealthy and the ones that are healthy for the body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Hello doctors I am Ishan 24 yers old. I want to reduce ma weight Kindly help me. Wot is d procedure What I hav to skip and what I hav to take to loose ma weight.
Sir tell me which fruits help for weight loss and taking only fruits at night lead to weight loss or not.
I want to lose weight of lower body around my hips and thighs? Please suggest exercise or diet to lose weight around my lower body.
Breathing is inhalation and exhalation, where oxygen is inhaled into and carbon dioxide is released from the body. Air passes through the nose, which has fine hair and mucus to filter out suspended particles in the air like pollen. When the person’s immunity is weakened or is highly reactive, the mucosa reacts to many substances which are generally present. This is known as allergic rhinitis.
Types: Depending on the occurrence, it can be:
- Seasonal: For instance, in spring when there is too much pollen in the air; known as hay fever. This is an acute rhinitis and subsides with a change in weather.
- Chronic: This is when the body reacts to some normal substances like eggs, animal dander, extreme cold, dust, mites, etc. via an allergic reaction.
Causes of allergic rhinitis as per Ayurveda
- Mandagni – low digestion strength
- Kapha vruddhi – increase of Kapha dosha
- Allergens – external factors such as pollen, dust etc
- Residing with pet animals
- Exposure to humidity, dust, cold
- Virudh aahara – wrong food combinations
- Long term intake of drugs like aspirin, leading to depleted immunity and making the person prone to dust allergies.
- Runny nose for prolonged periods of time
- Chronic congestion
- Persistent sneezing
- Teary eyes
- Fever and headache
Ayurveda believes that this is due to excessive kapha dosha. So, in order to manage allergic rhinitis, two approaches should be taken. Foods which increase kapha should be avoided, and elimination of kapha from the body should be targeted.
Non-medical ways to combat allergic rhinitis:
Prevention has a big role to play in managing allergic rhinitis.
- Whether it is animal dander, eggs, tomatoes, or extreme cold, if you know it could cause an attack, stay away from it.
- Chew foods properly to ensure through absorption of vitamins and minerals, which are essential for immunity
- Boil water with a spoonful of turmeric and a pinch of salt and drink it regularly
- Basil and mint leaves can be boiled in water and consumed for improving allergic rhinitis
- Clove and pepper can be chewed to get immediate relief
- A mixture of crushed clove and pepper mixed with turmeric and honey works wonders for allergic rhinitis
- Eat seasonal fruits and vegetables. They are more likely to be chemical-free, are cheaper, fresher, and definitely more nutritious.
- Carrots eaten with a bit of fat produce the best defense against allergic rhinitis, as the beta-carotene in it is fat soluble.
- Whole grains, green leafy vegetables, seasonal fruits and vegetables, and dairy products, contain a number of vitamins and minerals which help in fighting allergic rhinitis
- Ayurvedic remedies like shilajit and guduchi boost immunity function
- Neem, Ashwagandha, liquorice, cinnamon, tulsi, and curcumin are proven remedies for allergic rhinitis.
- Panchakarma specifically aimed at rhinitis include Nasya, Dhoomapana (medicated smoking) and emesis (vaman ). This helps in eliminating kapha which is believed to cause allergic rhinitis.
Though allergic rhinitis is a very common condition, the treatment is also easy and many home remedies help in managing the condition.
- Always keep cloves and black peppers with you. Immediately keep two pieces of it in mouth when you feel of attack.
- At the pre attack or attack rub Nilgiri oil , Mint oil, or pain balm on chest and get fomentation.
- Keep watch on the elements that causes irritation for you and stay away from this.
- Use mask while driving vehicle or going through public places.
- Always take warm water bath.
- Do not expose to hot sunrays.
- Regularly take inhalation of steam.
- Regularly go for morning walk in warm weather.
- Do sufficient exercise.
- Do not reside in dark or dump places. Get fresh air.
- Do not get sleep at day time or immediate after dinner.
- Take sufficient rest. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Navratras are believed to be the most powerful and auspicious days in the Hindu religion. In order to empower oneself with the blessings of Devi Durga, devotees stick to certain strict fasting & yet feasting rules for full length of 9 days period. I consider them to be the best time to purify & detoxify the body as well as the soul.
This article may help you in understanding the real benefits that can be derived by your body by following the healthy dietary options. Also, to get aware about the positivity of Navratri days on health, as well as life. Thus, eradicating the mood-forced concept of adding extra kilos at the end of 9 days period.
‘Navratri Diet’ For Keeping Watch Over Weight
If a good less fat diet, with least frying method is preferred, then the NAVRATRI days could be called as CLEAN-DETOX diet days. This regimen of eating can surely be the best way achieve health in Navratras.
An example for diet plan (1100-1200 kcal):
Morning: Milk (1 cup) + Soaked almond (6 nos.)
Milk and Fruit Shake and 50 g paneer
Mid-day: Fruit Yogurt (1 Katori) OR Vegetable and Fruit Chat
Lunch: Buckwheat Rotis – 2/Swank Rice + Ghiya vegetable + 1K Curd
Evening: Tea – 1 cup
Roasted makhana – A fistful
Dinner: Sabudana chaat – 1 bowl
Before retiring – 1 Milk -1 cup (without sugar).
IMPORTANT: Do Keep Yourself Hydrated With Lemonade, Coconut Water, Or Plain Water.