Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Alternative Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Alternative Medicine Specialists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Alternative Medicine Specialists online in Chandigarh and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Sexual Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Kora Method Slimming Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep JassalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Thanks to him I am totally satisfied with the results of his gain weight treatment. The staff was very attentive to my needs. One of my neighbour's recommended this Dr.Sandeep Jassal. I was quite concerned, as my health was degrading day by day, but due to my Sandeep Jassal and the gain weight treatment I didn't lose hope. The LiveLifeMore Diet & Wellness Clinic is designed in such a way that every patient feels at ease. He is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. Sandeep Jassal has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sandeep Jassal to be well-reasoned. Thanks a ton for responding. I have tried all those things had Cheston Cold tablet, Ginger tea, Honey with Hot water... Nothing worked out. I am afraid whether I am having tonsils or not
The Aromatherapygiven to me by dr Sandeep Jaiswal brought lots of benefit in me. It gave lot of improvement in my health. I could manage my household work efficiently now. He can be visited at LiveLifeMore Diet & Wellness Clinic in Chandigarh.
Dr. Sandeep Jassal provides answers that are professional, very helpful, knowledgeable, inspiring and practical. Thanks for your instant reply, now my mother will stop eating tablets and start exercising after thus review.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sandeep Jassal to be caring. Yes. My information was inadequate for the dic to answer. I propose to take a blood test and post.
P Vinod Menon
Dr. Sandeep Jassal provides answers that are very helpful, well-reasoned, inspiring, professional and practical. Useful information.vinod.Thanks.
Dr. Sandeep Jassal provides answers that are very helpful. Had some knowledge after doctor suggestion
H S Sangha
A caring doctor diagnosing patient with full responsibility and less expenses . Thanks
Dr. Sandeep Jassal provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks
I am planning to lose weight since I am prediabetes, can I use protien powder like nutrilite or protinex for the same. How to deal with this issue.
Many times you must have met a child, with symptoms of discomfort after consuming dairy. Sometimes, these signs are seen within a year of birth or at adolescence. But do you know that Lactose Intolerance and Milk Allergy are two different types of conditions with the similar symptoms that one may be suffering from? Let’s know more
– Lactose intolerance
– Milk allergy
|LACTOSE INTOLERANCE||MILK ALLERGY|
|Involves enzymatic disorder.||Results due to impaired immune system.|
|The component responsible for discomfort is “MILK SUGAR- LACTOSE.”||The milk portion responsible is “MILK PROTEIN – CASEIN”.
|The gut lacks enzyme- LACTASE, for digesting lactose.||Body’s immune system treats CASEIN as a foreign element and starts working against it.|
|The undigested lactose results in the production of gases, & thus, the symptoms.||In response to CASEIN intake, the immune system starts producing HISTAMINE, & thus, the symptoms.|
|Can occur at any age.||Mostly encountered, within first 3 years of age.|
|One can tolerate dairy products to a certain quantity.||The body cannot accept even traces of milk proteins, in any form.|
|Could not be fatal.||Is fatal as can produce life-threatening reactions such as anaphylaxis.|
|SYMPTOMS include- Nausea, bloating, loose stools, watery diarrhea or gas.||SYMPTOMS include- Rashes, stomach upset, vomiting & diarrhea.|
As one has to be restricted or taken off from dairy, this two micro-nutrients CALCIUM & VITAMIN D, must be provided from non – dairy or supplemental sources.
Although unlike milk allergy, a person with lactose tolerance can have a limited quantity of milk or products, depending upon body’s capacity, but adequate amounts of non–dairy rich stuff has to be incorporated in both cases to meet the demands. Few examples are:
- Bone broth
- Fish with bones, oysters
- Dark green veggies low in oxalic acid like kale, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.
- Figs, banana, apple.
- Almond or soy milk.
- Sesame seeds.
- Egg yolks.
- Fortified juices.
So, having Lactose Intolerance Or Milk Allergy is not end of the road for those who are suffering because of either of these. There are several options in diet & nutrition available to make up for the nutrients which one has to miss because of being allergic to them.
Diabetes is a very common lifestyle disease, which happens when your body is not able to produce the insulin hormone or does not know how to use it in the right way. In such a scenario the glucose remains in the blood, and causes your blood sugar level to shoot up. It is a common knowledge that diabetes is a home for other diseases. Therefore managing it or preventing it is of utmost importance and in order to the same, one has to focus on the overall health and fitness of your body.
But managing diabetes is a challenge that most patients face every day. This is because there are so many aspects to be kept in mind right from workout to food to stress and general health, all of which work together to help you maintain the right blood sugar levels.
Here goes a holistic approach to aid you manage diabetes:
- Keep a record of the food you consume: When you are learning to control the level of blood sugar in your body, it would be very helpful if you maintain a journal of what food items you are eating every day. This will make it easier for you to monitor your diet and even if you indulge in some delicious savory, you can easily bring about a balance by eating the right amount of healthy fruits & vegetables for the following days.
- Exercise daily: Make exercise a part of your daily routine and empower yourself to fight diabetes. Types of exercises you can follow are brisk walking, basic weight training to boost your strength, swimming and yoga. Yoga postures which are highly beneficial in managing diabetes are Pranayam (deep breathing exercises), vajrasana, chakrasana, etc. which either enhance the insulin secretion or glucose utilisation.
- Be careful about your feet: Diabetes can lead to neuropathy and in the worst case, it may cause injuries in feet that go in-noticed because low pain sensation. Therefore, proper foot care is critical. You should wash your feet regularly with cold water and pat dry with a clean, dry towel & do make it a point to inspect the feet in front of a mirror. If there is a nerve damage along with numbness, you may notice blisters, sores, bruising, swelling, calluses or skin breakage. Thus, you will have to be very careful while inspecting your feet every day.
- Get rid of extra belly fat to reduce insulin resistance: It is a vicious circle, as extra belly fat can eventually lead to insulin resistance and insulin resistance can eventually lead to weight gain, but in order to manage and control diabetes it is important that this chain must be broken. Therefore, daily exercise of minimum 20 - 30 mins is very much required. to help you get rid of belly fat and control diabetes.
- Control Blood Pressure & Cholesterol if high: Diabetes is a host of diseases and diabetic people will eventually suffer from high blood pressure and cholesterol problem. Diabetes is a major reason of artery damage, which in turn leads to high blood pressure. In order to, maintain a healthy heart and to prevent yourself against any cardiovascular diseases it is important that you keep you cholesterol and blood pressure in check.
- Get the right treatment for sleep apnea and sleepiness during the day: Sleep apnea refers to a condition that causes breathing interruptions numerous times in a day. It is triggered by faulty signals coming from your brain or due to blocking of the airway by soft tissues present in your throat. People affected with sleep apnea are more likely to have this disorder, which leads to insulin resistance and may also be called a roadblock for controlling diabetes.
- Brush and floss on a daily basis: When you are not able to control your diabetes level, it can lead to high level of glucose in the blood. Also, it can increase the level of glucose in the saliva, which in turn paves the way for a surge in tooth decay. Also, having diabetes makes it difficult for an infection to heal and thus, if you develop a gum disease, it may become very hard for you to get rid of it. So, if you make a habit of brushing and flossing regularly, you would be able to maintain good oral hygiene and save your teeth and gums from developing any disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Meri mom ko migrane ki problem h .wo iska tratment approx 1 year kra chuki h phir v unko dard rehta h sr me. To Dr. .ne Naxdom 500 khane k liye bola h .iska koi permanent ilaj h ki nhi .unka pain ok ho jaye .plz reply kre. Unko kbhi right ,kbhi left me pain rehta h.
I am a mother of 3 month old baby. My stomach however got reduced in size but looks saggy after delivery. What I need to do to reduce and tighten my stomach as before. My sister is very lean. Is there any weight gaining supplements which is safe to use without any side effects. Please suggest.
Few things have the potential to impact the health of a person as much as his or her weight. Taking this into account, rather than having one’s weight up and down, would it not be interesting to learn ways to maintain a controlled weight over a long time?
Most people emphasise on losing weight, but once they are successful in their efforts, they become complacent. In the long term, weight definitely stays off, if a person changes the relationship he or she has with food.
It does seem quite awful when it is made to appear that a person is condemned to near tasteless food so as to stay healthy, doesn’t it? Well, the good news is that this really does not have to be the case, especially if an effort is made into incorporating the right food into the diet.
For instance, a strategy which allows for fruit such as watermelon, along with some others, for breakfast is more likely to work in the long run as compared to the one which insists that the individual must eat oats for breakfast! This is also true with other meals as there are different ways to prepare items like salmon to make sure they stay interesting.
Many people shrug off the responsibility of eating mindfully when they are consuming a meal. They think that they do not have the time to do so. However, if they concentrate on the food that they eat, they would not normally need as much time in order to maintain a high level of fitness.
Every person who wants to maintain or get to long-term weight loss should make it a point to eat in a mindful way. After all, who doesn’t want to receive the benefits of eating less without feeling hungry, by any measure?
A successful battle against weight gain does not need to be hard. Some simple steps can really set one on their way:
- Eating slowly and thinking about the food leads to less needless food consumed, beyond the point of satiation.
- Reducing the size of dining plates does go a long way, as a person is less likely to go back for another serving at a meal.
- Having your breakfast daily is a must as it is such an important meal and helps in successful long-term weight management.
Apart from a controlled diet, one must engage oneself in regular exercises and walks. Burning your calories play a critical role in maintaining your weight. Also drinking sufficient water (preferably 8 glasses a day) helps you stay hydrated and thereby improves your metabolism. Practice these tips, keep a track of your weight and see some positive results within a few months’ time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I have pain in my carfs, and can see the veins coming out, Dr. said external varicose veins, but no treatment, and I have a lot of pain, please suggest something for pain.
It is a common notion that fats are the major culprits that lead to all the weight problems and that cutting them off entirely from the diet can be a helpful solution. There’s no need to freak out with this information because there is more explanation to it. The truth is we actually cannot live without fats. This is because fats play an important role in a healthy diet. Fatty acids from fats are essential for a healthy skin. Fats also deliver fat-soluble vitamins and are great sources of energy. This is where the part about good fats and bad fats is important, and it is essential to know which fats should be avoided and which are the ones that should be included as a part of your diet. It is also important to know the amount of fat consumption and ways to avoid trans-fats (bad fats) that cause artery clogging. Let’s make a clear classification of the good and the bad fats.
The unsaturated fats are basically the good guys and these include polyunsaturated fatty acids and monounsaturated fatty acids. Both, when eaten in moderation, can help in lowering the risk of heart diseases as the cholesterol levels are reduced.
Polyunsaturated fats can be found mostly in vegetable oils and when substituted for saturated fats, these help in lowering the triglycerides and cholesterol levels in the blood. One such type of polyunsaturated fat with potential heart benefits is omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 is present in fish like trout, salmon, catfish etc. They are also found in walnuts and flaxseeds.
Monounsaturated fats also help in reducing heart diseases and a lot of these are consumed by Mediterranean people. These are found in olives, almonds, cashews, avocados, hazelnuts, peanut oil, canola, sesame seeds etc.
There are essentially two kinds of bad fats, saturated fats and trans fatty acids. Both can cause artery clogs and heart risks because they increase cholesterol content in the blood.
Saturated fats can be found in animal products like high-fat dairy, eggs, meat, poultry skin, vegetable fats like coconut and palm oils etc. There are a number of evidences, which suggest that saturated fats increase the risk of colon and prostate cancer. It is better to consume these in limited quantities to keep your cholesterol levels under check.
Trans fatty acids or trans fats may be naturally occurring fats, which are found in dairy and meat or the artificial ones, which are found in liquid oils that have been hardened into partially hydrogenated fats. The actual worry here are the artificial trans fats. These are used extensively in all sorts of junk food.
This is just the basic understanding about the fats, the ones which are unhealthy and the ones that are healthy for the body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Hello doctors I am Ishan 24 yers old. I want to reduce ma weight Kindly help me. Wot is d procedure What I hav to skip and what I hav to take to loose ma weight.
Sir tell me which fruits help for weight loss and taking only fruits at night lead to weight loss or not.
I want to lose weight of lower body around my hips and thighs? Please suggest exercise or diet to lose weight around my lower body.
Breathing is inhalation and exhalation, where oxygen is inhaled into and carbon dioxide is released from the body. Air passes through the nose, which has fine hair and mucus to filter out suspended particles in the air like pollen. When the person’s immunity is weakened or is highly reactive, the mucosa reacts to many substances which are generally present. This is known as allergic rhinitis.
Types: Depending on the occurrence, it can be:
- Seasonal: For instance, in spring when there is too much pollen in the air; known as hay fever. This is an acute rhinitis and subsides with a change in weather.
- Chronic: This is when the body reacts to some normal substances like eggs, animal dander, extreme cold, dust, mites, etc. via an allergic reaction.
Causes of allergic rhinitis as per Ayurveda
- Mandagni – low digestion strength
- Kapha vruddhi – increase of Kapha dosha
- Allergens – external factors such as pollen, dust etc
- Residing with pet animals
- Exposure to humidity, dust, cold
- Virudh aahara – wrong food combinations
- Long term intake of drugs like aspirin, leading to depleted immunity and making the person prone to dust allergies.
- Runny nose for prolonged periods of time
- Chronic congestion
- Persistent sneezing
- Teary eyes
- Fever and headache
Ayurveda believes that this is due to excessive kapha dosha. So, in order to manage allergic rhinitis, two approaches should be taken. Foods which increase kapha should be avoided, and elimination of kapha from the body should be targeted.
Non-medical ways to combat allergic rhinitis:
Prevention has a big role to play in managing allergic rhinitis.
- Whether it is animal dander, eggs, tomatoes, or extreme cold, if you know it could cause an attack, stay away from it.
- Chew foods properly to ensure through absorption of vitamins and minerals, which are essential for immunity
- Boil water with a spoonful of turmeric and a pinch of salt and drink it regularly
- Basil and mint leaves can be boiled in water and consumed for improving allergic rhinitis
- Clove and pepper can be chewed to get immediate relief
- A mixture of crushed clove and pepper mixed with turmeric and honey works wonders for allergic rhinitis
- Eat seasonal fruits and vegetables. They are more likely to be chemical-free, are cheaper, fresher, and definitely more nutritious.
- Carrots eaten with a bit of fat produce the best defense against allergic rhinitis, as the beta-carotene in it is fat soluble.
- Whole grains, green leafy vegetables, seasonal fruits and vegetables, and dairy products, contain a number of vitamins and minerals which help in fighting allergic rhinitis
- Ayurvedic remedies like shilajit and guduchi boost immunity function
- Neem, Ashwagandha, liquorice, cinnamon, tulsi, and curcumin are proven remedies for allergic rhinitis.
- Panchakarma specifically aimed at rhinitis include Nasya, Dhoomapana (medicated smoking) and emesis (vaman ). This helps in eliminating kapha which is believed to cause allergic rhinitis.
Though allergic rhinitis is a very common condition, the treatment is also easy and many home remedies help in managing the condition.
- Always keep cloves and black peppers with you. Immediately keep two pieces of it in mouth when you feel of attack.
- At the pre attack or attack rub Nilgiri oil , Mint oil, or pain balm on chest and get fomentation.
- Keep watch on the elements that causes irritation for you and stay away from this.
- Use mask while driving vehicle or going through public places.
- Always take warm water bath.
- Do not expose to hot sunrays.
- Regularly take inhalation of steam.
- Regularly go for morning walk in warm weather.
- Do sufficient exercise.
- Do not reside in dark or dump places. Get fresh air.
- Do not get sleep at day time or immediate after dinner.
- Take sufficient rest. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I am 19 years old female. I have started getting a bulging belly fat. I cannot exercise heavily due to abnormal menstruation problems. please suggest something.
I have 13 kidney stones in both. I had pain for 1 week after that no pain. Now my urine is always in yellow colour. What the sign it. And what should I do for treatment?
Holi, the festival of colors, fun & masti is here. Children & adults are all waiting eagerly to play with their gulaal, colours & pichkaaris. Here are some useful HOLIstic Skin & Hair Care tips to prevent damage during Holi.
Dos & Don’ts for skin care before playing Holi:
What needs to be done?
- Apply a liberal amount of moisturizer on your skin head to toe properly before you start playing with colors. This will create a barrier between your skin and the color & will also help to remove the color more easily. Petroleum Jelly or Coconut Oil is a good option.
- Protection yourself from the sun by applying sunscreen lotion on all the exposed body parts liberally.
- Protect your lips with a lip balm with SPF.
- Trimming your nails short and covering them with a nail paint or oil can protect them from getting colored with stubborn Holi colors later.
- Prefer to wear dark colored full sleeved cotton clothes. Avoid synthetics as they would be sticky after you get wet.
- Drink plenty of water & fresh fruit juices to keep yourself hydrated.
Skin Care After Playing Holi:
- You should avoid excessive hot water for washing of the colour as it may worsen the skin damage caused by chemical containing colour.
- You should avoid scrubbing or rubbing your skin vigorously to remove the colour as that may worsen the damage & irritation.
- Try to remove the colour by applying oil & gentle rubbing.
The chemical contituents of colours of Holi, water, the sun and finally overzealous cleaning may leave your skin dry. After bathing, pat dry your skin to leave it slightly damp. Apply oil to trap the water on the surface of the skin, hydrate it and keep it soft & supple. Repeat moisturization a few times when your skin becomes dry again.
Who needs to avoid playing with Holi colours?
All those who have recently undergone procedures such as bleaching, waxing, threading, peeling, laser treatments 2-3 days before the Holi day should avoid playing with colours as your skin is more sensitive for some days after these procedures. You should also stop using prescription creams containing hydroquinone, retinoid, benzoyl before the Holi day.
Holistic Hair Care Before Playing Holi:
- Avoid playing Holi with colours if you have undergone hair treatments such as steam, sauna, hair colour 2-3 days before the Holi day.
- Apply a liberal amount of a good oil before you venture out on Holi to avoid the direct contact of Holi colours with the surface the strands of your hair to prevent the damage.
- Avoiding the use of styling gels or creams is a good idea on Holi day.
- If you have long hair then try tying up your hair before playing Holi as loose hair tend to become more frizzy & get tangled making them easy to break.
Holistic Hair Care After Holi:
- Use plain lukewarm water to wash your hair so that the colour can come off easily.
- Use a milder version of shampoo for washing & make it a point to condition your hair after the colour has been removed.
- Avoid combing on a wet scalp & avoid hair dryers. Avoid rigorous rubbing of hair with a towel.
- Once dry, massage hair with liberal oil.
What is to be done if there is itching or redness of skin after playing Holi?
- In spite of taking proper precautions, some people may still have an adverse reaction of colours especially in those with sensitive skin.
- If you feel burning sensation in skin or you feel itching in any of your body, then pat which has come in contact with colour, then stop playing immediately, get indoors to a cooler place.
- Rinse with plenty of cold water, pat dry with a soft cloth.
- Don’t be desperate to remove the colour in haste. Rubbing will only irritate the skin more.
- Avoid further sun exposure.
- Apply ice packs.
- Pacify the skin by applying coconut oil.
- Calamine lotion or medicated aloe vera gel can be used if severe burning is severe.
- Consider seeing a Physician or Skin Specialist if the problem persist.
Hi doc. After my first gym workout on 2nd day there was pain in my arms and I can't straighten them as before but on 3rd day there was swelling on my biceps and elbows although the pain has been reduced but swelling is still there. Is the issue I have to worry or it is a common problem. Should I continue gym or not. Please help.
Summer vacations are great. Everyone waits eagerly for a vacation to get a break from their daily lives and relax. Vacation means no limits and no barriers. People tend to have the time of their lives during a summer vacation. This may sometimes result in weight gain, as some people forget about a healthy diet while on a vacation and indulge in exotic food excessively.
Here are five tips to avoid gaining weight while you are on your summer vacation.
- Carry healthy snacks: Instead of consuming fast food and food from the hotel vending machine, it is advisable that you carry healthy, nutritious snacks with you. Avoid eating potato chips and other fried snacks. Instead, carry protein bars with you to meet your snack requirements. You can also bring little bags of nuts, dried fruits and fresh fruits like apples, bananas or grapes. Keep the snacks near you and have them in small amounts frequently.
- Choose wisely at meal buffets: While on a summer vacation, the wide range of food items in the hotel’s breakfast or lunch buffet is sure to tempt you. You will find amazing and irresistible food items all around you. However, you should eat strategically instead of indulging in everything. Too much food can make you tired, and you may not want to go out and would rather feel like resting in the hotel room. While selecting from the buffet food items, include exotic foods as well as healthy foods to stay fit.
- Working out: While on a vacation, you do not have to work out rigorously, but some form of daily exercise is necessary. In case your vacation spot is in an isolated area without any gym facility, you should plan ahead and carry some workout equipments with you. You can work out for some short amount of time in your hotel room or even outside with devices such as a jump rope. Practicing pushups, crunches and lunges can also be effective.
- Utilize the hotel’s facilities: Most modern hotels have a multi-gym with great equipments to work out. These gyms are open 24 hours a day in most hotels, and you can choose your most convenient time to work out and burn some calories at the gym.
- Exercise with your family: During a summer vacation, planning outings and outdoor activities is a good way to keep in shape. You can go for biking trips with your family or can take a hike along beautiful roads, hills or woods. Any place you visit, try to walk around and explore.
Vacations are meant to have fun and eat good food. However, you should restrict yourself a bit regarding food and try to work out a little while on vacation to avoid gaining weight. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I Love eggs but a person at a medical lab asked to limit my intake on knowing that I have cholesterol. Is lean meat like chicken, lamb and Turkey good for me. I love fish which also I understand is good for me. Please advise. Thanks
Milk is nutritious, but sometimes, avid dieters shrink away from consuming milk. It is generally believed that the fat content in milk hinders weight loss. On the contrary, milk has a lot of benefits.
Here are some facts you need to remember before you say no to milk:
- Nutrients and milk: Particularly, milk is an excellent source of zinc, vitamin B, protein and most importantly, calcium. So when you ditch milk in your crusade of weight loss, you skip out on calcium, the mineral primarily responsible for good bone health. Some studies suggest that calcium can actually add to weight loss, but this needs more research to back it up.
- Health and milk: Previously milk did get a bad reputation when it was linked as a supposed cause of stroke and heart attack. But a recent study produced a result which proved the complete opposite, milk can actually prevent stroke and heart attack! According to research, milk can actually lower your blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Muscles and milk: Milk contains whey and casein protein, both of which are high-quality proteins if you are looking to build muscles. Whey is a fast protein (gets digested faster) while casein is a slow protein (gets digested slowly). Your body gets a good and healthy supply of proteins when you consume milk, so don’t write it off just yet.
- Fat and milk: As mentioned before, calcium can cause your body to burn fat. There is research pending on it, but the preliminary results suggest that dieters shouldn’t skip out on milk. You might argue that you can just consume calcium supplements in that case. However, it has been discovered that other milk proteins to add to fat burning, which you cannot get from supplements. Milk is good for you, but it isn’t a miracle weight loss food. So yes, you will need to follow a healthy diet as drinking a glass of milk with a couple of doughnuts will not help you at all.
So, milk is not all evil as people think it to be. It could be good for your weight loss plan. And the best way to incorporate milk into your weight-loss diet is to consume the low-fat skimmed milk variant than the whole fat milk as you get 90 calories from one cup of skimmed milk as compared to 150 calories from whole milk with nearly the same protein and calcium content. This way you get the best of milk without worrying about the fat in it plus an extra fat loss of 1 kg (9000 calories) from 150 cups over the time with a saving of 60 calories in each cup. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.