Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Chandigarh and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Pallavi Jassal
Customised Diet Chart
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Submit a review for Dt. Pallavi JassalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I was having very bad thoughts regarding my leanniness. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. I have consulted so many doctors , but no one was able to give proper diet for gain weight. The friendliness of staff is the best in the LiveLifeMore Diet & Wellness Clinic. I had lost hope, but the gain weight treatment given by Pallavi Jassal has helped me regain my confidence.
From quite some time I was trying to lose weight. It was getting very difficult for me to cope us with my obesity. The overall atmosphere in the LiveLifeMore Clinic is very soothing. She is one of the best dieticians in city. Dt.Pallavi Jassal has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes herreference. Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before.
I feel so great after the completion of diet program. Even though Pallavi Jassal is not from our city, she is still very famous, so we consulted her. The atmosphere in the LiveLifeMore Diet clinic in chandigarh is always so positive and full of life. Pallavi Jassal has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes herreference. she gives the best diet charts.
My father was suffering from excess cholestrol level. I chose to consult Dr Pallavi, she provided the treatment for hypercholesterolemia, which benefitted him to the best. I owe her a big thank for such a beneficial treatment. The diet chat and the medication helped my father in the quick recovery.
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Pallavi Jassal to be very helpful. Dr plz suggest then how can I prepare the drink which helps to weight loss
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Pallavi Jassal to be very helpful. Good answer
Dt. Pallavi Jassal provides answers that are very helpful. Very helpful
she is good and having soft heart and gave us great ideas
A dairy free diet has many implications. While it is considered as a healthy option by many, it also means that you are cutting off a supply of calcium and even some amount of protein. Calcium, as we all know, is the life giving force for your bonesand joints.
So how can you get your dose of calcium without dairy products? Here's a quick list!
- Beans: Get your fill of calcium with the protein and calcium rich chickpea. Other brown, black and white beans also have plenty of natural calcium sealed in each bean, which can be ingested on a daily basis. Legumes or smaller beans can also be used for your daily calcium fix. You can cook the legumes like an Indian dal and have it with a serving of rice, or make a yummy hummus with plenty of chickpeas and a touch of garlic. Toss beans soaked overnight in a salad bowl to enjoy calcium for lunch too!
- Fish: Salmon and sardines are known to be excellent and healthy sources of lean protein as well as Omega three fatty acids, which keeps the heart healthy above all else. But did you also know that fish contains plenty of natural calcium which can help your bones and joints too? So stock up on fish and enjoy as often as you can. Plus, salmon and sardines also give you a good dose of Vitamin D.
- Dry Fruits: Dry fruits like figs and almonds are packed with calcium among various other nutrients and minerals, which makes it ideal for a snack as well. Munch on these to get a constant dose of calcium even when you are on the go, or busy at work.
- Greens vegetables: If you thought green vegetables were only a good source of iron and magnesium, you may have to think again. Greens like bok choy are filled with essential nutrients including a good amount of calcium, vitamin A and C. Kale, turnip greens, seaweed and black eyed peas also make it to the list of calcium rich greens.
- Citrus fruits: Get plenty of calcium by starting your day with a glass of orange juice, blended to perfection with carrots as well. Use lemons in your salad and eat all the citrus fruits you can get your hands on. These are all excellent sources of calcium.
- Sesame Seeds: These seeds are rich in calcium and can also keep cancer at bay when taken regularly.
- Fox Nuts (Makhane): Fox nuts are rich in protein and calcium. Roasted fox nuts are a great snack also. Pack your diet with all the food groups for a balanced diet that will lead to a healthy lifestyle.
Other than consuming these foods, get a full body check up done to know how healthy you are.
Kidney stones are caused when certain minerals of your urine are retained and are not fully released, causing them to amalgamate and form a stone. Passing a kidney stone is one of the most painful experiences you may face physically. Its magnanimity is often compared to childbirth, and those who are suffering from kidney stones dread having this experience. If you are not yet affected by kidney stones and do not want to, read further to know what type of diet you need to follow in order to prevent it.
- Drink lots of water: On an average, a person must be drinking at least 3 liters of water every day. If you live in a more hot and humid climate, your water intake must be even more than that, so that on an average, 2.5 liters of urine is passed throughout the day, which decreases the chance of unnecessary retention of minerals from the urine and release them more easily from the body.
- Continue eating foods rich in calcium: It is a common misconception that calcium accelerates the formation of kidney stones. Calcium is digested by the intestine, only excess calcium cannot be digested by the intestine and is sent to the kidney. Continue consuming calcium rich foods unless your doctor prescribes you against it. Make sure your diet includes enough dairy products such as milk, cheeses, etc., or other calcium rich foods, such as oats and broccoli.
- Limit intake of oxalic acid: Oxalic acid is mostly found in foods obtained from plants. It restricts the absorption of calcium in the intestines and as a result, more calcium is passed into the kidneys; thus, forming calcium oxalate, or oxalate stones. Try to avoid foods, such as rhubarb, Swiss chard, nuts, tea, sweet potatoes, etc.;mainly leguminous plant products.
- Decrease the ingestion of sodium salts, sugar and meat protein: Salts and sugars, mainly found in packaged foods are used to prevent them from expiring. They increase the release of calcium and oxalates into the blood, which thus increases the chance to develop kidney stones. Meat contains fibers which affect certain nutrients in the kidney, thus aggravating the formation of stones.
- Increase the consumption of insoluble fibers: Insoluble fibers are those rough fibers which are not soluble in water during the process of digestion. They are found in rice, wheat, barley, etc., and are found to decrease calcium absorption in the kidney. They attach themselves to the calcium and oxalates, which enable them to be released as stool instead of urine.
Gone are the days when the sole purpose of having a salad was to lose the stubborn and unwanted body fats. Salads can be extremely healthy and nutritious. With salads around, the long and gruesome hours in the kitchen are a thing of the past. A bowl full of lip-smacking salad, well structured with fruits, vegetables and quality oils, will do your health a world of good. Preparing salads is no rocket science. Get all the ingredients together, and switch to the way of health and nourishment.
- A feeling of fullness like never before: Experiencing an irresistible craving for food? The salad is at your service. A bowl of salad will give you a feeling of fullness, keeping the hunger pangs and cravings at bay. With salads, you don't even need to be repetitive. A little modification and your taste buds are in for a treat.
- Say no to dehydration: Most of the vegetables that go into your salad have high water content. Scorching summers or sweltering heat can leave a person dehydrated. Salads come as a great relief. It works amazingly to hydrate your body, thereby re-energizing you fully.
- Lettuce to fight insomnia: If a good sleep is all that you desire, salad is what you need. 'Lactucarium', a substance found in lettuce, work miraculously to treat insomnia. All the more reasons to include lettuce leaves in your salad.
- The goodness of vitamins and minerals are retained: A lot of important vitamins, minerals and some enzymes (mostly digestive, that gets denatured) are lost to cooking. Taking in raw vegetables ensure that the important vitamins and minerals are not lost. Some raw vegetables contain important enzymes (live) that can greatly aid the digestion process.
- A salad rich in broccoli, avocados, bell peppers, berries Are a rich source of antioxidants. Such salads work wonders and are an excellent boost for the immune system.
- Do not let wrinkles and saggy skin bother you: Some of the fruits and vegetables present in the salad help in collagen synthesis, thus giving your skin a natural glow. It is needless to say that spinach, lettuce and romaine, that form an integral part of your salads, are excellent for the eyesight.
- Walnut oil, sunflower oil (organic), olive oil and pumpkin seed oil: These Are rich in omega fatty acids. Using these oils in salad dressings can be extremely beneficial.
- Some of the fibrous fruits and vegetables can effectively clean the intestine and colon.
The immune systems in your body are always at work trying to fend of many of the attacks that happen on it every day. Although it is able to protect the body most of the time, sometimes it fails in doing so. While medicines can help to restore the balance, it is advisable to include certain food items in your diet, which boost the immune system naturally. Let's take a look at six vegetables which can help your immune system in getting supercharged:
Ginger - This food item is very good in regulating mobility within the gut and regulating bowel movement and is also known to relieve nausea, cramping and bloating. Ginger is also known to have many anti-inflammatory properties as well as being an antioxidant and antimicrobial. All of this makes ginger very good for the immune system.
Wheatgrass - One of the most densely packed green nutritional food ingredients when consumed in the form of a juice, it helps the liver by increasing its ability to flush out toxins. This results in an improved immune system. Wheatgrass is also rich in B complex vitamins, beta carotene, chlorophyll, magnesium, potassium and many other vital nutrients.
Garlic - This vegetable has been used for centuries in home remedies such as to lower blood pressure, prevent blood clots and many others. Garlic is also known to boost healthy cholesterol. Inclusion of garlic in your diet will not only boost your immune system but it also contains 'allicin', which is known to improve the health of your heart.
Papaya - An extremely good food for digestion as well as digestion problems, the extracted enzyme from this plant known as papain, is used in many medications. Papaya is full of beta-carotene that is very well known to be good for the health of tissue, skin and the eyes as well as boosting the immune system through the production of vitamin A within the body.
Carrots - This is one vegetable which has been encouraged to be included in diets as it contains copious amounts of beta carotene and is extremely good for the eyes as well as boosting the immune system.
Turmeric - Possibly the most talked about ingredient on this list in the last few years, it is known to have almost an unending list of health benefits. Turmeric has detoxifying properties as well as being anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and is great for digestion along with boosting the immune system.It is a rich source of minerals, such as Zinc, Iron, B group vitamins and Manganese, turmeric is also known to have cancer preventive properties.
Being at the peak of optimal health should be the goal of every individual. As the saying goes, 'Health is Wealth'. Certain food items will help you to reach the pinnacle of health if they are consumed regularly. These foods will not only keep you healthy and fit, but will also help the body to function properly with the nutrients it receives from them.
Given below is a list of foods that you should be eating for optimal health:
- Garlic: Garlic contains a compound called "allicillin", which is the major component to make garlic a healthy food item. Garlic is very effective to cure common colds and flu. Garlic also helps reduce high blood pressure. It reduces bad cholesterol and improves good cholesterol levels in the blood. Garlic also helps to detoxify your body. Treating osteoarthritis is another great benefit of eating garlic.
- Yogurt: Yogurt contains probiotics, which control bacterial growth which is harmful to your body. It also provides your body with calcium.
- Broccoli: Broccoli contains sulphur, which makes this green vegetable a cancer fighter. It contains sulforaphane which gives it this property.
- Oats: Oats help to control blood pressure and cholesterol level in the blood. They are also a great source of fibre for the body. Oats help keep your heart healthy.
- Beets: Beets are a rich source of multivitamins. They help to lower blood pressure and also lower the risk of any cardiovascular disease. Beets also help detoxify the body.
- Cabbage: Cabbage helps reduce the risk of having cancer. It also prevents heart diseases, gastrointestinal problems and Alzheimer's disease. Cabbage is loaded with vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin K, which help it prevent osteoarthritis.
- Fish: Fish helps to control blood pressure. Fish oil can help slow down mental aging. The Omega-3 fatty acids present in fish are very important sources of protein.
- Eggs: Eggs are rich sources of proteins. They aid in the bodybuilding process and the repair and maintenance of the body.
- Spinach: Spinach is a rich source of antioxidants, calcium, vitamin A, vitamin K, and Omega-3 fatty acids. It helps fight cancer, and also detoxifies the body.
- Tomatoes: The vitamins and phytonutrients in tomatoes make them such a healthy food option which keeps cancer and heart diseases at bay.
White rice is originally Brown rice which has been thoroughly refined before it is made available in the stores. Rice grain in its natural unpolished state is rich in fiber, thiamine, proteins, magnesium, calcium, and potassium. Whole rice is also rich in fiber which is good for your digestive system and also aids you to manage your weight effectively. There is a raging debate over the type of rice which is good for your health.
The following are some of the pointers that compare white rice to brown rice:
- Calorie composition: White rice contains more calories when compared to brown rice. A cup of white rice comprises of 242 calories, while a cup of brown rice comprises of 218 calories. Brown rice is recommended to people who are interested to cut down on their calorie intake as a whole.
- Carbohydrates and Fiber composition: Both brown rice and white rice are rich in carbohydrate. A cup of brown rice comprises of 53 grams of carbohydrates and a cup of brown rice comprises of 46 grams of the same. But when it comes to fiber content, brown rice contains more fiber. Fiber is known to boost the blood cholesterol level and aids in weight management; therefore brown rice is more beneficial for help.
- Fat and Protein composition: In case of fat and protein composition, both types of rice have a low fat composition while a cup of each type of rice contains about 4.5 grams of protein.
- Vitamins and Minerals composition: Brown rice is known to contain more percentage of natural vitamins and minerals when compared to white rice. White rice is thoroughly refined which results in the loss of its natural properties. The manufacturers tend to add vitamins and minerals artificially during the processing of the whole rice grain.
- Glycemic Index: According to studies, foods which have a high glycemic index tend to increase your blood sugar level. As per the glycemic index, brown rice has a much lower glycemic index than white rice. The average glycemic index of white rice is about 89 while in case of brown rice it's 50.
It can be said that brown rice is much more nutritious than white rice due to its wholesomeness and higher concentration of nutrients. Brown rice is highly recommended to those people who are health conscious and tend to be careful about their calorie intake.
It might sound hard to make a healthy food choice between the famous Indian snacks offered in parties these days, but it’s not really that hard.
Options I had in front of me at a recent party were:
I had similar questions and found out the answers. This article is to help you avoid eating unhealthy options which are usually available in the menu of parties. here, we provide you the nutritional summary of these famous snacks.
Serving size: 100 g
Serving Size: 100g
Serving Size: 1
Hence the most nutritious snack amongst them all is clearly stuffed mushrooms which provide 40kcal, 3g fats, 3g carbs and 2g proteins.
So, being on diet does not mean being anti-social or being on a punishment. You can still choose what snacks are healthier amongst the ones available. Enjoy the treats but do not let your diet plan go for a toss. Stick to a regime, follow it with commitment & achieve the desired results.
The festival of Lohri is around the corner after one full year…Let us share with you today the health benefits of Lohri’s special delicacies including Lohri sweets & dishes. And we at LiveLifeMore® keep trying to share the 'Wisdom of Wellness' that 'adds years to your life & adds life to your years'.
Let us share with you today the health benefits of Lohri’s special delicacies… i.e., Moongfali, Gachak, Rewari, Popcorns etc.
1. Sesame Seeds: These little seeds present in Rewari are loaded with essential minerals such as manganese, copper, iron, phosphorus, and calcium. The zinc in sesame seeds promotes bone health and prevents osteoporosis later in life. Among all the nuts and seeds commonly eaten across the world, sesame seeds have been found to contain the highest amount of phytosterols, which are known to lower bad cholesterol. Sesame seeds increase your levels of Vitamin E, which plays a vital role in fighting disease. Studies show that sesame seeds can improve the effectiveness of certain diabetes medication. Sesame seed oil is known to reduce hypertension and ease stress. The antioxidants in sesame seeds fight free radicals, thereby promoting youthfulness and strengthening the immune system. A substance in sesame seeds has found to inhibit the spread of many Cancers.
2. Groundnuts or Peanuts (Moongfali): Peanuts contain a good amount of folate. Women who had a daily intake of 400 micrograms of folic acid before and during early pregnancy reduced their risk of having a baby born with a serious neural tube defect by up to 70%. One-fourth cup of peanuts can supply the body with 35% of the DV of manganese, a mineral which plays a role in fat and carbohydrate metabolism, calcium absorption, and blood sugar regulation. It may come as a surprise that peanuts can help prevent gallstones. But 20 years of studies have shown that eating 1 ounce of nuts, peanuts or peanut butter a week lowers the risk of developing gallstones by 25%. Peanuts are good sources of tryptophan, an essential amino acid which is important for the production of serotonin, one of the key brain chemicals involved in mood regulation. When depression occurs, a decreased amount of serotonin may be released from the nerve cells in the brain. Tryptophan may raise serotonin’s antidepressant effects when there is an increased amount of serotonin in the blood. Do you know what can be found in peanuts that gave them the “brain food” tag? This is due to their vitamin B3 or niacin content whose many health benefits include normal brain functioning and boosting memory power. The same nutrient which gives peanuts their memory enhancing power also helps lower and control cholesterol levels. Added to that is their copper contents which aids in reducing bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol levels. It is proven that regular nuts consumption is linked to reduced risk of heart disease. Peanuts are rich in heart-friendly monounsaturated fats and antioxidants such as oleic acid. Reach for a handful of peanuts and other nuts at least four times a week to reduce your risk of cardiovascular and coronary heart disease. Those who have an intake of the most niacin-rich foods like peanuts were 70% less likely to have developed Alzheimer’s disease. A quarter cup a day of peanuts can already supply almost a quarter of the daily needed value for niacin. A form of phytosterols called beta-sitosterol (SIT) is found in high concentrations in some plant oils, seeds, and legumes including peanuts. Phytosterols not only protects against cardiovascular disease by interfering with the absorption of cholesterol, they also protect against cancer by inhibiting tumor growth. Surprise!!! Eating nuts regularly is associated with a lowered risk of weight gain. Research has shown that people who eat nuts at least twice weekly are much less likely to gain weight than those who almost never eat them.
3. Jaggery or GUR (Present in Gachak): Jaggery is a great remedy for anemia, asthma, joint pains and menstrual pains. It also aids in digestion, purifies blood and keeps the skin away from problems such as acnes and pimples. It is a great energy booster as it provides us lots of energy. If you feel drained at any point of the day, a piece of jaggery with water can do wonders for you. Jaggery is a wonderful sweet that not only tastes delicious but also purifies the blood. It acts as a cleansing agent for our blood and purifies it. You simply have to add it to your diet and have its benefits. It also helps get rid of digestion problems. If you eat a piece of jaggery every day with water or milk, your body will be free from all toxins. Jaggery is a rich source of iron and if women add it to their daily diet, it helps them get rid of anemia. It is a must eat for all women, especially teenagers and pregnant women. Jaggery is great for your skin also. It makes your skin healthy and charming. If you have acne and pimples on your skin, eat jaggery every day. You will definitely see them going away and get a lovely and flawless skin. It is an age-old remedy to cure dry cough and cold. If you don’t like eating Jaggery in its raw form, you can try jaggery laddoos, which are made with sesame seeds and jaggery. They are very good in taste. Jaggery is, often, recommended to Asthma patients as it is a great remedy to cure asthma. It has such properties which regulate body temperature which is very good for Asthma patients. It also has anti-allergy properties.
4. Popcorn: Popcorn is kind of a big deal. Not just because it’s delicious, but it’s recently been found to actually be good for you. Really. A serving of popcorn contains more antioxidants than a day’s worth of fruits and vegetables. But that’s not to say that all popcorn is terrific for you, we’re talking plain popcorn here. A cup of plain pop only contains around 31 calories (compared to a cup of regular potato chips which holds around 139 calories…not exactly great). Popcorn also contains fiber and is the only snack that’s 100% whole grain. And whole grains are really good for you because they contain those antioxidants. In popcorn’s case, the antioxidants are found in the hull (the seedy part that gets stuck in your teeth) and are called polyphenols. Like all antioxidants, polyphenols help protect against cancers, heart diseases, and other illnesses that are caused by free radicals (cells that attack other healthy ones). Whole grains are also high in dietary fiber, rich in complex carbohydrates, and are low in fat, making popcorn a way better snack than anyone originally thought. And just because you’re not crazy about plain pop doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy its healthy benefits. Add on herbs like dill or curry, healthy oils such as olive or coconut, or sprinkle on some spices.
It is New Year’s Eve and it is the time to take some resolutions, set some goals, and welcome the new beginnings in your life. All the things you want will look far-off without a good health. So this year, choose some healthy lifestyle resolutions and add many more new year eves to your life.
With almost 23 years of my journey as a multispeciality primary care physician & preventive health specialist, I have always encouraged people to avoid serious health conditions by incorporating good and healthy habits into their lives.
I often come across people with immense success, wealth, and fame in their lives but in between an occupied schedule, they take health for granted. LiveLifeMore is on a mission help you 'add years to your life and life to your years'. So here we have 6 resolutions derived from a study conducted by British researchers that can increase your lifespan. The study included health records of over 600,000 people analyzing habits that add or remove years from their lives.
1. Boycott Tobacco From Your Life
The first and most common habit that always draws you to life-threatening severe diseases is the tobacco addiction. If you have never tried it, you should never too because a pack of 10 cigarettes a day can deduct 7 years from your life. Lung Cancer, Mouth & Neck Cancer, Peripheral Vascular Diseases, COPD ( Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease), Stroke and Heart Attack are common health issues caused by tobacco use. However, the study confirmed that in the long run if you use tobacco & decide to quit tobacco, you can regain the health of a non-smoker.
2. Reduce Cholesterol Levels
High blood cholesterol is a major reason for heart problems & strokes. It can reduce up to 8 months of your life. Some people have genetic cholesterol problems, but others indulge in wrong dietary plans that includes high saturated fats with almost no exercise routine. You can curb cholesterol levels with ideal diets and exercises for a healthy life.
3. Lose Excessive Weight
Overweight people, who managed to lose weight in the study gave excellent results. You can add two months to your life for throwing every one kilogram of that extra fat you have.
4. Balance your blood pressure
Every other heart-related problem was generated from imbalanced blood pressure. High blood pressure was the second most influential problem found in the study. A high blood pressure patient experiences 5.2 years short in his life due to some casual life-shortening effects. Stabilizing your BP level requires proper diet, exercise, and even medication sometimes.
5. Be Open-Minded to a Positive Lifestyle
Positivity is the fire to keep and negativity is the smoke to let go. Typically people tend to NEVER CHANGE their personalities. But a few alterations can allow positivity in your persona, your health, further guiding you to a longer and happier life. Everyone experiences obstacles in life but being positive ensures that your health is unaffected by these obstacles.
6. Stay Physically Active
The daily exercise study that was conducted on 5823 adults by Brigham Young University researchers proves that jogging 30-40 minutes or even walking briskly for that long can give you 9 years younger cells than your present age.
7. Ditch Soda
A study in the American Journal of Public Health concluded that drinking soda may be shortening your lifespan even if you are not overweight. This five-year long study confirmed that soda intake results in fewer telomeres (caps on the ends of chromosomes directly linked to aging). Except for diet soda, all other soda types affected our aging “clock” telomeres. However, many pieces of researches associate heavy diet soda intake to weight gain, type 2 diabetes, and depression- all potential life-shorteners.
8. Stop Sitting So much
Simply stand up more during the day and it’ll boost your longevity by increasing the length of your telomeres. This was found in a study from the British Journal of Sports Medicine. The study measured the effects of sitting time and physical activity among 49 sedentary, overweight participants. Researchers saw increment in telomere lengths of individuals indulged in physical activities for 6 months.
Diabetes Mellitus or simply Diabetes affects around 370 million global population. It is important to control high blood sugar level in diabetic conditions. Healthy eating, managing stress, being physically fit, and constantly taking prescribed medications should be in your new year resolutions to charm your life again and live happily for the long term with diabetes.
I, along with my co-founder Dietitian Pallavi Jassal & Team LiveLifeMore, sincerely wish your health & happiness in 2018 & always. By inculcating the above-mentioned modifications in your lifestyle, you can surely enhance your life quantitatively & qualitatively.
This article will indeed help you avoid excessive weight gain in winters and how to lose weight fast.
- Believe me, it’s so easy to pile up the kilos during winter. courtesy comforting fried foods (primarily paranthas/परांठा), sugar laden tea or coffee and even the tempting gur-gachak(गुड़गचक) and mom’s pinnies(पिन्नी).
- It’s the perfect time to think about wise food choices and portion control.
- Winter binging may easily cost you a weight gain of three to five kilos.
- The main reasons for weight gain are less physical activity during winter and of course increased consumption of heavier foods.
6 TIPS TO LOSE WEIGHT IN WINTER AND WEIGHT GAIN IN WINTERS
1. Get enough sunshine
A short pre or post lunch-time walk can provide sunlight which is good for your Vitamin D status.
2. Limit fatty foods
Foods such as fried snacks, puddings, pinnies, and chocolates can be limited to just once or twice a week.
3. Fill yourself up with fiber
Fill your plate or tiffin with lots of filling vegetables
Have soup before your dinner
4. Don’t skip workouts
Don’t skip the gym.
Fix days for workouts and try to follow it as well.
5. Weigh yourself every day
Get on the scale frequently to make you conscious if you are putting on weight.
Maintain a record of weight and inches as well.
6. Indulge in healthy drinking
Have at least 2-3 cups of green tea or green coffee.
Have light soups and broths.