Treatment of Acute Myocardial Infarction
Treatment of Adenomyosis
Treatment of Alexander Disease
Treatment of Alzheimer's Disease
Treatment of Andersen-Tawil Syndrome
Treatment of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
Treatment of Angina
Treatment of Anencephaly
Treatment of Angiopathy
Treatment of Aortic Valve Disease
Treatment of Ataxia Telangiectasia
Treatment of Azoospermia
Treatment of Atrial Septal Defect
Treatment of Atrial Fibrillation
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Treatment of Barth Syndrome
Treatment of Bartholin Abscess
Submit a review for Mallya HospitalYour feedback matters!
Parkinson’s disease affects the part of the brain that controls muscle movement. The exact cause of this disease is not known, but there is a decrease in a chemical called dopamine in the brains of people with parkinson’s. There is no cure for parkinson’s, but it often progresses slowly and the signs can be managed.
The 4 most common signs of parkinson’s are:
• tremors or shaking when at rest
• muscle stiffness
• slowed movement or problems starting movement
• problems with balance and movement
As these signs worsen, you may also have trouble walking, talking, swallowing or doing simple tasks such as bathing or dressing. As the disease progresses, other signs such as pain, bowel or bladder problems and sleep problems may occur.
When you start to show signs of this disease, your doctor may order anti parkinsonian medicines or may also suggest some physical therapy to help manage your signs. The physical therapist can help you learn exercises, prescribed by a physiatrist, that can help you with movements.
You may need to work with your doctor to make adjustments in your medicines to keep your signs controlled. Over time, many people have side effects from the medicines used to treat parkinson’s disease, but they can be managed well.
You may also need occupational therapy or speech therapy to deal with signs as the disease progresses. As your signs get worse, surgery may be an option to reduce tremors.
Things you can do to manage your signs
• walk slowly with a straight posture and with your legs further apart. Think about taking big steps to help keep your steps more normal.
• use a 4-prong cane or a walker if needed.
• if you become stuck or freeze in one place, rock gently from side to
Side or pretend to step over an object on the floor.
• place tape strips on the floor to guide you through your house.
Remove area rugs and furniture from your walking path.
• stand up from a chair or bed slowly to avoid feeling dizzy or
When using the bathroom
• install grab bars on the walls, beside toilets and inside showers and bathtubs to help you stand up.
• use a shower chair inside the shower.
• install an elevated toilet seat to make standing up easier after using the toilet.
• shave with an electric razor.
• wear loafers or shoes with velcro.
• wear simple dresses or pants with elastic waistbands such as sweatpants.
When eating or drinking
• use a cup with a large handle to make it easier to hold.
• use a bowl instead of a plate to limit spills and make it easier to scoop up food.
Work closely with your health care team to manage your signs of parkinson’s disease.
Nowadays the humans tend to suffer problems, and main root cause of all unsolved problems is unacceptancy of their own faults without realisation and leaving their self and inbuilt egoness and knowing their guilty too
This might leads to mis understanding of one to one and sometimes even the relationship comes to halt, and in case of family it may drift the separation too leading complications in both ends
This could be solved only through
- making space for dialogues
- clearing the unnecessary myths
- self realisations through the positive circumstances
- not giving any role to unwanted external involvement
IUI (Intrauterine Insemination)
- Intra Uterine Insemination is the process where artificial insemination of prepared sperm of husband / donor is done in the uterine cavity for conception in a planned cycle at the time of planned ovulation.
- It is done in cases where the tubes are functional as well as patent . This can be performed in a natural cycle or with artificial hormone stimulation.
- If the couple is diagnosed with unexplained infertility, cervical mucus problems, minor sperm abnormalities or other male disorders.It is also a cheaper solution for azoospermic males who cannot afford ICSI with TESA . They can have artificial insemination with donor semen.
Very few psoriatic patients know that they are administered steroids methotrexate (as medicines to control it) because the docs have no other options in allopathy. & at the same time, almost no patients are informed that only after few days of intake (or local application) of steroids methotrexate, the patients will end up with fatal liver / kidney / bone marrow damage, cancer many more. Higher chances of fetal abnormalities are there if any of the couple (husband or wife) have consumed methotrexate. & the most important fact is that the disease returns in more severe form as soon as you quit the treatment.
Actually psoriasis is an autoimmune disorder i.e. Defence system of your body starts attacking your own body. In allopathy, immune suppressing drugs are give which in turn destroy body immunity invite many more diseases. In ayurveda, medicines are planned in such a way that your immune system again become friendly to your body. The patient starts feeling difference from the first week of starting the medicines (see the attached recent pic. of a patient/ an air force officer)
All over india, innumerable patients are enjoying psoriasis-free & steroid- free life with our medications few tips (following tips may help you though it may vary from patient to patient as per their body type).
1 - no non-veg foods please (if you take it rarely, then no milk with that non-veg item)
2- take only seasonal vegetables and fruits.
3- no salty items (like bhujia or namkeen) with milk products (like tea or coffee)
घुटनों की पीडा ( Knee Pain) :-
हमने कई बार अपने बड़े बुजर्गो को घुटनों के दर्द से तडपते हुए देखा है | दिन रात दवाई खाने से भी उन्हें कोई आराम नही मिलता है चलने फिरने में बहुत परेशानी होती है और साथ ही घुटनों को मोड़ने में, उठने – बैठने में भी दिक्कत आती है | कभी कभी उन्हें इतना ज्यादा दर्द होता की वो ठीक ढंग से सो भी नहीं पाते और उनके घुटनों में सुजन तक भी आ जाती है | उम्र के साथ हड्डियों की बीमारी बढती जाती है |
शरीर के जोड़ों में सूजन उत्पन्न होने पर गठिया होता है या कहे कि जब जोड़ों में उपास्थि (कोमल हड्डी) भंग हो जाती है। शरीर के जोड़ ऐसे स्थल होते हैं जहां दो या दो से अधिक हड्डियाँ एकदूसरे से मिलती हैं जैसे कि कूल्हे या घुटने। उपास्थि जोड़ों में गद्दे की तरह होती है जो दबाव से उनकी रक्षा करती है और क्रियाकलाप को सहज बनाती है। जब किसी जोड़ में उपास्थि भंग हो जाती है तो आपकी हड्डियाँ एक दूसरे के साथ रगड़ खातीं हैं, इससे दर्द, सूजन और ऐंठन उत्पन्न होती है।
सबसे सामान्य तरह का गठिया हड्डी का गठिया होता है। इस तरह के गठिया में, लंबे समय से उपयोग में लाए जाने अथवा व्यक्ति की उम्र बढ़ने की स्थिति में जोड़ घिस जाते हैं जोड़ पर चोट लग जाने से भी इस प्रकार का गठिया हो जाता है। हड्डी का गठिया अक्सर घुटनों, कूल्हों और हाथों में होता है। जोड़ों में दर्द और स्थूलता शुरू हो जाती है। समय-समय पर जोड़ों के आसपास के ऊतकों में तनाव होता है और उससे दर्द बढ़ता है।
गठिया क्या होता है?
गठिया एक लंबे समय तक चलने वाली जोड़ों की स्थिति होती है जिससे आमतौर पर शरीर के भार को वहन करने वाले जोड़ जैसे घुटने, कूल्हे, रीढ़ की हड्डी तथा पैर प्रभावित होते हैं। इसके कारण जोड़ों में काफी अधिक दर्द, अकड़न होती है और जोड़ों की गतिविधि सीमित हो जाती है। समय के साथ साथ गठिया बदतर होता चला जाता है। यदि इसका उपचार नहीं किया जाता है, तो घुटनों के गठिया से व्यक्ति का जीवन काफी अधिक प्रभावित हो सकता है। गठिया से पीडि़त व्यक्ति अपनी रोजमर्रा की गतिविधियां करने में समर्थ नहीं हो पाते और यहां तक कि चलने-फिरने जैसा सरल काम भी मुश्किल लगता है। इस प्रकार के मामलों में, क्षतिग्रस्त घुटने को बदलने के लिए डॉक्टर सर्जरी कराने के लिए कह सकता है।
क्यों होता है गठिया
अनहेल्दी फूड, एक्सरसाइज की कमी और बढ़ते वजन की वजह से घुटनों का दर्द भारत जैसे देशों में एक बड़ी समस्या का रूप लेता जा रहा है। 40-45 की उम्र में ही घुटनों में दिक्कतें आने लगी हैं। सर्वेक्षण कहते हैं कि दुनिया में करीब 40 प्रतिशत लोग घुटनों में दर्द से परेशान हैं। इनमें से लगभग 70 प्रतिशत आर्थराइटिस जैसी बीमारियों से भी जूझ रहे हैं। इनमें से 80 फीसदी अपने घुटनों को आसानी से मोड़ तक नहीं सकते। घुटनों की खराबी के शिकार 25 फीसदी लोग अपने रोजमर्रा के कामों को भी आसानी से नहीं कर पाते हैं। भारत में यह समस्या काफी गंभीर है। घुटनों का दर्द काफी हद तक लाइफ स्टाइल की देन है। यदि लाइफ स्टाइल और खानपान को हेल्दी नहीं बनाया तो यह समस्या और भी गंभीर हो सकती है। घुटने पूरे शरीर का बोझ सहन करते हैं। इन्हें बचाने का तरीका हेल्दी लाइफ स्टाइल, एक्सरसाइज और हैल्दी खानपान है। खाने में कैल्शियम वाला भोजन सही मात्रा में लें, सब्जियाँ जरूर खायें, फैट और चीनी से परहेज करें और मोटापे का पास भी न फटकने दें।
क्या वजन कम करने से (घुटनों के दर्द) गठिया में लाभ मिलता है?
घुटनो के गठिया से पीडि़त व्यक्ति के लिए निर्धारित वजन से अधिक वजन होना या मोटापा घुटनों के जोड़ों के लिए हानिकारक हो सकता है। अतिरिक्त वजन से जोड़ों पर अतिरिक्त दबाव पड़ता है, मांसपेशियों तथा उसके आसपास की कण्डराओं (टेन्डन्स) में खिंचाव होता है तथा इसके कार्टिलेज में टूट-फूट द्वारा यह स्थिति तेजी से बदतर होती चली जाती है। इसके अलावा, इससे दर्द बढ़ता है जिसके कारण प्रभावित व्यक्ति एक सक्रिय तथा स्वतंत्र जीवन जीने में असमर्थ हो जाता है।
यह देखा गया है कि मोटे लोगों में वजन बढ़ने के साथ साथ जोड़ों (विशेष रूपसे वजन को वहन करने वाले जोड़) का गठिया विकसित करने का जोखिम बढ़ जाता है। इसलिए, यह महत्वपूर्ण है कि मोटे लोगों को या तो अपने वजन को नियंत्रित करने अथवा उसे कम करने केलिए उचित कदम उठाने चाहिए।
गठिया से पीडि़त मोटापे/अधिक वजन से पीडि़त लोगों में वजन में 1 पाउंड (0.45 किलोग्राम) की कमी से, घुटने पर पड़ने वाले वजन में 4 गुणा कमी होती है। इस प्रकार वजन में कमी करने से जोड़ पर खिंचाव को कम करने, पीड़ा को हरने तथा गठिया की स्थिति के आगे बढ़ने में देरी करने में सहायता मिलती है।
घुटनों के दर्द के कई कारण हो सकते है ( Cause of Knee Pain )
- अधिक वजन होना,
- कब्ज होना,
- खाना जल्दी-जल्दी खाने की आदत,
- फास्ट-फ़ूड का अधिक सेवन,
- तली हुई चीजें खाना,
- कम मात्रा में पानी पीना,
- शरीर में कैल्सियम की कमी होना।
घुटनो में दर्द के बचाव के कुछ आसान तरीके । (Home treatment for knee pain)
- खाने के एक ग्रास को कम से कम 32 बार चबाकर खाएं। इस साधरण से प्रतीत होने वाले प्रयोग से कुछ ही दिनों में घुटनों में साइनोबियल फ्रलूड बनने लग जाती है।
- पूरे दिन भर में कम से कम 12 गिलास तक पानी अवश्य पिए। ध्यान दीजिए, कम मात्रा में पानी पीने से भी घुटनों में दर्द बढ़ जाता है।
- भोजन के साथ अंकुरित मेथी का सेवन करें।
- बीस ग्राम ग्वारपाठे अर्थात् एलोवेरा के ताजा गूदे को खूब चबा-चबाकर खाएं साथ में 1-2 काली मिर्च एवं थोड़ा सा काला नमक तथा ऊपर से पानी पी लें। यह प्रयेाग खाली पेट करें। इस प्रयोग के द्वारा घुटनों में यदि साइनोबियल फ्रलूड भी कम हो गई हो तो बनने लग जाती है।
- चार कच्ची-भिंडी सवेरे पानी के साथ खाएं। दिन भर में तीन अखरोट अवश्य खाएं। इससे भी साइनोबियल फ्रलूड बनने लगती है। अनुभूत प्रयोग है।
- एक्यूप्रेशर-रिंग को दिन में तीन बार, तीन मिनट तक अनामिका एवं मध्यमा अंगुलि में एक्यूप्रेशर करें।
- प्रतिदिन कम से कम 2-3 किलोमीटर तक पैदल चलें।
- दिन में दस मिनट आंखें बंद कर, लेटकर घुटने के दर्द का ध्यान करें। नियमित रूप से अनुलोम-विलोम एवं कपालभाति प्राणायाम का अभ्यास करें। अनुलोम-विलोम धीरे-धीरे एवं कम से कम सौ बार अवश्य करें। इससे लाभ जल्दी होने लगता है।
हल्दी चुने का लेप (Lime and turmeric paste)
- हल्दी और चुना दर्द को दूर करने में अधिक लाभदायक साबित होते है ।
- हल्दी और चुना को मिलकर सरसो के तेल में थोड़ी देर तक गरम करे फिर उस लेप को घुटने में लगाकर रखे ।
- कुछ समय बाद दर्द मेा आराम मिलेगा
- इस प्रक्रिया को दिन मेा दो बार करे ।
हल्दी वाला दूध (Turmeric Milk) :-
एक ग्लास दूध में एक चम्मच हल्दी के पावडर को मिलाकर सुबह शाम काम से काम दो बार पीए
यह एक प्राकृतिक दर्द निवारक का काम करता है
नेचुरल ट्रीटमेंट ( Natural treatment):-
विटामिन डी (vitamin D )का सबसे अच्छा स्रोत सूरज से उत्पन धुप ( sun light) है , जिससे आपको नेचुरल विटामिन डी (vitamin D ) मिलती है जो हड्डी (bones)के लिए अधिक लाभदायक है
आयुर्वेद के अनुसार में बनाई गयी औषधियां ( Natural Medicine made in Ayurveda)
- अमृता सत्व,
- गोदंती भस्म,
- प्रवाल पिष्टी,
- स्वर्ण माक्षिक भस्म,
- महावत विध्वंसन रस,
- वृहद वातचितामणि रस,
- एकांगवीर रस,
- महायोगराज गुग्गुल,
- पुनर्नवा मंडुर
इत्यादि औषधियों का सेवन आयुर्वेदिक डॉक्टर के परामर्श से करे। औषधियों के सेवन से बिना किसी साइडइपैफक्ट के अधिक लाभ मिलता है।
दर्द के दौरान क्या न खाये। (Donot eat during Pain)
- चाय तथा रात के समय हलका व सुपाच्य आहार लें।
- रात के समय चना, भिंडी, अरबी, आलू, खीरा, मूली, दही राजमा इत्यादि का सेवन भूलकर भी नहीं करें
Sinusitis: Management and Prevention
Sinusitis is infl ammation of the mucous membranes lining one or more of the paranasal sinuses. The various presentations are as folllows:
● acute sinusitis: infection lasting less than 30 days, with complete resolution of symptoms
● subacute infection: lasts from 30 to 90 days, with complete resolution of symptoms
● recurrent acute infection: episodes of acute infection lasting less than 30 days, with resolution of symptoms, which
Recur at intervals of at least 10 days apart
● chronic sinusitis: infl ammation lasting more than 90 days, with persistent upper respiratory symptoms
● acute bacterial sinusitis superimposed on chronic sinusitis:
New symptoms that occur in patients with residual symptoms from prior infection (s). With treatment, the new symptoms resolve but the residual ones do not.
Physical findings and clinical presentation
● patients often give a history of a recent upper respiratory illness with some improvement, then a relapse.
● mucopurulent secretions in the nasal passage
● purulent nasal and postnasal discharge lasting more than 7 to 10 days
● facial tightness, pressure, or pain
● nasal obstruction
● decreased sense of smell
● purulent pharyngeal secretions, brought up with cough, often worse at night
● erythema, swelling, and tenderness over the infected sinus in a small proportion of patients
● diagnosis cannot be excluded by the absence of such findings.
● these fi ndings are not common, and do not correlate with number of positive sinus aspirates.
● intermittent low-grade fever in about one half of adults with acute bacterial sinusitis
● toothache is a common complaint when the maxillary sinus is involved.
● periorbital cellulitis and excessive tearing with ethmoid sinusitis
● orbital extension of infection: chemosis, proptosis, impaired extraocular movements.
Characteristics of acute sinusitis in children with upper respiratory tract infections:
● persistence of symptoms
● bad breath
● symptoms of chronic sinusitis (may or may not be present)
● nasal or postnasal discharge
● facial pain or pressure
● nosocomial sinusitis is typically seen in patients with nasogastric tubes or nasotracheal intubation.
● each of the four paranasal sinuses is connected to the nasal cavity by narrow tubes (ostia), 1 to 3 mm in diameter; these drain directly into the nose through the turbinates. The sinuses are lined with a ciliated mucous membrane (mucoperiosteum).
● acute viral infection
● infection with the common cold or infl uenza
● mucosal edema and sinus infl ammation
● decreased drainage of thick secretions, obstruction of the sinus ostia
● subsequent entrapment of bacteria
A. Multiplication of bacteria
B. Secondary bacterial infection
Other predisposing factors
● foreign bodies
● congenital choanal atresia
● other entities that cause obstruction of sinus drainage
● dental infections lead to maxillary sinusitis.
● viruses recovered alone or in combination with bacteria (in 16% of cases):
● parainfluenza virus
● respiratory syncytial virus
● the principal bacterial pathogens in sinusitis are streptococcus pneumoniae, nontypeable haemophilus influenzae, and moraxella catarrhalis.
● in the remainder of cases, fi ndings include streptococcus pyogenes, staphylococcus aureus, alpha-hemolytic streptococci, and mixed anaerobic infections (peptostreptococcus, fusobacterium, bacteroides, prevotella).
Infection is polymicrobial in about one third of cases.
● anaerobic infections seen more often in cases of chronic sinusitis and in cases associated with dental infection; anaerobes are unlikely pathogens in sinusitis in children.
● fungal pathogens are isolated with increasing frequency in immunocompromised patients but remain uncommon
Pathogens in the paranasal sinuses. Fungal pathogens include aspergillus, pseudallescheria, sporothrix, phaeohyphomycoses, zygomycetes.
● nosocomial infections occur in patients with nasogastric tubes, nasotracheal intubation, cystic fi brosis, or those who are immunocompromised.
● s. Aureus
● pseudomonas aeruginosa
● klebsiella pneumoniae
● enterobacter spp.
● proteus mirabilis
Organisms typically isolated in chronic sinusitis:
● s. Aureus
● s. Pneumoniae
● h. Infl uenzae
● p. Aeruginosa
● migraine headache
● cluster headache
● dental infection
● trigeminal neuralgia
● water’s projection: sinus radiograph
● ct scan
● much more sensitive than plain radiographs in detecting acute changes and disease in the sinuses
● recommended for patients requiring surgical intervention, including sinus aspiration; it is a useful adjunct to
● used for diagnosis of frontal and maxillary sinusitis
● place transilluminator in the mouth or against cheek to assess maxillary sinuses, and under the medial aspect of the supraorbital ridge to assess frontal sinuses.
● absence of light transmission indicates that sinus is filled with fluid.
● dullness (decreased light transmission) is less helpful in diagnosing infection.
● used to visualize secretions coming from the ostia of infected sinuses
● culture collection via endoscopy often contaminated by nasal flora; not nearly as good as sinus puncture
● sinus puncture
● gold standard for collecting sinus cultures
● generally reserved for treatment failures, suspected intracranial extension, nosocomial sinusitis.
Treatment Nonpharmacologic therapy
● sinus drainage
● nasal vasoconstrictors, such as phenylephrine nose drops, 0.25% or 0.5%
● topical decongestants should not be used for more than a few days because of the risk of rebound congestion.
● systemic decongestants
● nasal or systemic corticosteroids, such as nasal beclomethasone, short-course oral prednisone
● nasal irrigation, with hypertonic or normal saline (saline may act as a mild vasoconstrictor of nasal blood fl ow)
● use of antihistamines has no proved benefi t, and the drying effect on the mucous membranes may cause crusting,
Which blocks the ostia, thus interfering with sinus drainage.
● analgesics, antipyretics.
● most cases of acute sinusitis have a viral cause and will resolve within 2 weeks without antibiotics.
● current treatment recommendations favor symptomatic treatment for those with mild symptoms.
● antibiotics should be reserved for those with moderate to severe symptoms who meet the criteria for diagnosis of
● antibiotic therapy is usually empirical, targeting the common pathogens.
● first-line antibiotics include amoxicillin, tmp-smz.
● second-line antibiotics include clarithromycin, azithromycin, amoxicillin-clavulanate, cefuroxime axetil, loracarbef, ciprofloxacin, levofloxacin.
● for patients with uncomplicated acute sinusitis, the less expensive first-line agents appear to be as effective as the
Costlier second-line agents.
● surgical drainage indicated
● if intracranial or orbital complications suspected
● for many cases of frontal and sphenoid sinusitis
● for chronic sinusitis recalcitrant to medical therapy
● surgical débridement imperative for treatment of fungal sinusitis
Interstitial lung disease is an umbrella term for numerous lung diseases that are caused due to scarring or inflammation of lungs. Because of the inflammation, it becomes hard for the body to get enough oxygen. Pulmonary fibrosis is the term for scarring of the lungs.
It refers to a variety of progressive conditions and disorders that result in inflammation and heavy scarring of the lung tissue. Because scarring of the sensitive lung tissue causes hardening and inflexibility of the lungs, the lungs are unable to expand to their normal size. This irreversible condition greatly reduces breathing capacity and prevents life saving oxygen from properly traveling through the bloodstream.
While most cases of interstitial lung disease occur at a gradual progression, other cases appear more rapidly and their causes are unknown. Treatment options sometimes vary and while prescription medicines can slow the progression of interstitial lung disease, it is often not enough to help a patient recover full breathing capacity.
The major symptoms of interstitial lung diseases include:
Shortness of breath which increases due to exertion
Types of Interstitial Lung Disease-
Any sort of interstitial lung disease causes thickening of the interstitium which may be due to extra fluids, inflammation or scarring. Some types may be short lived; however, some could be chronic and really painful.
Some of the kinds are discussed below:
Interstitial Pneumonia: This is caused due to infection in the interstitium of the lungs by bacteria, fungi or viruses. The most common cause being a bacteria named Mycoplasma pneumonia.
Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis: Although the cause is unknown, this is a chronic form of scarring of the interstitium.
Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis: This lung problem is caused due to excessive inhalation of dust, mold or other sort of irritants.
Non-specific Interstitial Pneumonitis: These are the kinds of lung problems, which are presented with autoimmune conditions such as scleroderma or rheumatoid arthritis.
Acute Interstitial Pneumonitis: This is a sudden and intense lung disease which usually requires life support.
Cryptogenic Organizing Pneumonia: This is a kind of interstitial lung disease but without the presence of any infection.
Desquamative Interstitial Pneumonitis: This is partially caused due to smoking.
Asbestosis: As the name suggests, this is caused due to prolonged exposure to asbestos.
Sarcoidosis: In this condition, lymph nodes are swollen along with lung disorders. Often heart, eye, skin and nerve involvement also occurs.
Homeopathic Treatments For Interstitial Lung Diseases-
The most common treatments are as follows:
Beryllium: This can be the remedy for formation of nodules or granulomas that usually form in the lungs, in other body organs or systems. This particular medicine has been very useful in the treatment of sarcoma. This can be provided to individuals who have difficulty in breathing and enormous pain in the lungs, have dry coughs etc.
Silica: In case of characteristic scarring and thickening of the inner lung layers, this medicine can be prescribed. This remedy helps enormously in relieving cold, sharp lung pains, coughing with very thick phlegm and haemorrhaging capillaries.
These are the most common medications; however there are numerous others that can help relieve lung disorders.
Are you suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and are looking for an ideal remedy? Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is a common female health condition. It is a complex disorder and involves several factors which include insulin resistance, obesity, irregular menstrual bleeding, insufficient ovum production, and abnormal menstrual cycles. PCOD commonly occurs during the reproductive age of a woman and accounts for being a major cause of infertility.
According to Ayurvedic principles, PCOD occurs primarily due to the imbalance state of your doshas. The dosha vaishanmya is linked to the symptoms of PCOD, and the relationship between the doshas and lakshans is permanent.
PCOD is associated with stri beeja and rajah formation, along with medhodhantu to some extent. These should be attended to while the condition is being treated. The Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD aims at providing ideal care by correction of the ama dosha. By this, you achieve koshta shuddi, which in turn regularizes your tridoshas. The way or approach towards Ayurvedic treatment for PCOD includes the following:
- Treatment of agnimandya at both dhatwagni and jataragni levels.
- The alleviation of sroto avarodha is an essential part of PCOD treatment using Ayurveda. You should undertake purificatory therapies which are based on the grade of your doshic vitialation, and the exact area of affliction. These should be followed by rasayana drugs, which are free radical scavenging agents.
- The regularization of the apana Vata is essential as well. You must firmly avoid vihara and kaphkara ahara.
- Yoga and meditation are very important for the Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD. You should perform yoga asanas regularly. Some of the ideal postures for PCOD management include sarvangasana, matyasana, and shavasana.
- It is also very important for you to work out regularly, undertake different physical exercises. This will make your overall life much healthier.
- You must follow a healthy, balanced diet regularly, which should consist of fresh vegetables and fruits.
Ayurvedic herbs for the treatment of PCOD
- The varuna crataeva nurvala is an effective herb which helps in the clearance of channels, which reduces your cyst’s size.
- You can try hareetaki because of its amazing laxative effects, which reduce the morbidity of your body.
- Bilva or aegle marmelos heps in reducing the size of your growth, via its digestive effect.
- Strotasshuddhi is required and herbs likes Punarnava, kaphhar medicines are advised.
- Phytooestrogen sources and female tonic Shatavari is very much advised.
- Agnimantha, similar to lions. Lake er dhareyjata
- Guduchi is another effective remedy for PCOD and has a rejuvenating effect.
- Kanchnar is the drug of choice for Thyroid as per AYURVEDA, Strotasshuddhi is done by using Trikatu, Punarnava and other medicines. Rasayan like Shatavari are advised for enhancing female hormones.
If you are experiencing any symptom of PCOD, it is recommended for you to visit an Ayurvedic practitioner. This ensures that proper diagnosis is undertaken so that you can start treating the condition as early as possible.
Feeling acidic after eating a heavy meal can often make you regret those last few morsels. This acidic sensation is known as acid reflux or Gastroesophageal reflux disease, better known as GERD. GERD occurs when the functioning of the lower oesophagus muscles is restricted. This makes the undigested food in the stomach and stomach acids leak back into the oesophagus.
Thankfully, this is not something you have to live with and a few simple lifestyle changes can help resolve the situation.
- Do not lie down after eating: When your body is in a horizontal position, there are higher chances of food being regurgitated into the oesophagus. To avoid this, finish your meals at least 3 hours before going to bed. Sit upright while eating and do not lie down or slouch immediately after eating. This gives the food time to be digested and move out of the stomach.
- Limit your food intake: Overeating is one of the most common triggers of GERD. Cutting down your portion sizes can instantly reduce the number of GERD occurrences. Instead of eating large, heavy meals, shorten the duration between meals and have more frequent small meals.
- Avoid foods that trigger acidity: With time, you will soon realise which types of foods trigger an acidic reaction. Some common triggers are onions, peppermint, caffeine, citrus fruits etc. Keeping a diary can help identify such foods and ease your problem.
- Quit Smoking: Nicotine not only harms your lungs, but can affect your digestive system as well. It is responsible for weakening the muscles that control the opening between the stomach and oesophagus. This allows stomach acids and food from the stomach to re-enter the oesophagus. Alcohol can also worsen GERD symptoms and hence it is better to avoid alcohol is you suffer from frequent bouts of acid reflux.
- Lose weight: Overeating, obesity and acid reflux go hand in hand. Being overweight can put extra pressure on your stomach and abdomen, thus pushing food and gastric juices into the oesophagus. Losing this extra weight should effectively resolve your acid reflux problem if you are overweight.
- Look at your medications: Some types of medication too can cause acid reflux by interfering with the digestive system and irritating the oesophagus. These types of medication include blood pressure medication, asthma medication, Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, bisphosphonates, sedatives and painkillers. Do not simply stop taking these medications, but talk to your doctor about replacing them with something else.
Arthritis refers to extreme joint pain. It could either manifest in one of the joints in the body or more than one. At times, it occurs because of a vitamin deficiency. However, it can also advance with age. This is how arthritis can be easily diagnosed:
To diagnose arthritis, your specialist will consider the side effects and symptoms. They will then take a physical exam to check for swollen joints or loss of movement.
They will then use blood tests and X-ray to affirm the conclusion. X-ray and blood tests help in identifying the sort of arthritis you have. For instance, a great many people with rheumatoid arthritis have antibodies called rheumatoid components (RF) in their blood. X-rays are used to analyse osteoarthritis, normally uncovering lost ligament, bone deformities and in many extreme cases, a bone rubbing against another bone.
Sometimes, a needle is used to draw a little specimen of liquid from the joint for testing. This is done to eliminate different sorts of arthritis. In case your specialist speculates irresistible arthritis as a confusion of some other sickness, taking a sample of liquid from the influenced joint will typically affirm the finding and decide how it will be dealt with.
Depending on what kind of arthritis you have, your doctor will recommend you different therapies. However, some of the most common treatments for arthritis are as follows:
- Certain therapies involve long-term treatment to treat the affected joint. With the assistance of an occupational therapist, you can learn simpler approaches to do your typical exercises. A therapist can show you how to do the following:
- Maintain a strategic distance from positions that strain your joints.
- Utilise your most healthy joints and muscles while saving weaker ones.
- Use props to support certain joints.
Joint pain treatment will rely upon the nature and level of the condition. The principle objectives are to diminish aggravation and enhance the capacity of the influenced joints before the condition worsens. Your specialist will most likely recommend acetaminophen or a non-steroidal mitigating drug (NSAID), for example, Aleve.
Different types of surgeries might be expected to lessen the inconvenience of joint inflammation or to recover the joint capacity. Synovectomy is the expulsion of a harmed connective tissue coating a joint depression. In case that ligament pain and irritation turn out to be genuinely chronic, or ligament joints turn out to be badly damaged, the answer may lie in surgical substitution.
Non-medical management of arthritis pain:
Besides medicine-based treatment for arthritis, there are many psychotherapeutic techniques to manage the same. Enhancing patients’ mental state by showing them how to unwind and perform their every day exercises at a sensible pace will also help in finding a way to defeat mental anxiety and nervousness.
“An apple a day keeps the doctor away” however, while one may commend you on an excellent diet schedule, keeping the doctor away might not always seem to be too favourable an option, especially in recent times when unforeseen circumstances and complications pertaining to lifestyle irregularities always keep creeping up.
While proper diet and regular workouts may keep you remarkably fit, genetic constraints might easily overrule such efforts to maintaining good health. Frequent checkups are especially recommended for those who share a family history of a number of diseases, infections, any type of cancer, hypertension, or sleep disorders, since problems might grow quietly and steadily when left unchecked for a longer span of time.
Most people usually visit their doctor or physician when they face an emergency. This should not be the scenario, as is advised by most health experts. It has been widely accepted that the average visit to the clinic must be at the least, four times a year. However, uniformity isn’t to be maintained by everyone in this regard. Infants see a doctor for at least eight times a year while six to eight year olds visit their physician twice a year.
It is important to have a number of crucial matters looked into and tested periodically in order to keep track of any unfavourable developments:
- Dental check-up every six months
- Annual pap smears
- Semi-annual HIV tests
- Eye examinations once every two years, once a year for those patients with current vision problems
- Biennial skin cancer screening
- Full physical examination once a year
- Breast examination once a month
- Pelvic examination every few months
- Thyroid tests every five years
- Check blood pressure level every month
It is imperative to understand that not one particular check-up schedule is capable of fitting in the necessities of all individuals. This makes it all the more clear that, while the requirement of physical attention isn’t the same for everyone, once a year physical check-up is a must for any individual.
Is your male reproductive organ is small? Is it the cause of embarrassment to you? Does the small size affects your love life? The penis is indeed one of the most important organs of a man’s body, and a strong, healthy penis is a matter of pride for most men in general. A small penis may cause a lot of stress in life and may result in reduced self-confidence or self-esteem. Penis enlargement is carried out by many men all over the world who are not satisfied with the size, length or health of their penis.
There are several ways by which penis enlargement can be conducted. Ayurveda can be used for penis enlargement, and one should consume proper Ayurvedic medicines and practice several exercises. Many men want to have an enlarged penis as it would make women more sexually attracted towards them. An enlarged penis is supposed to make a man more sexually desirable.
Ayurvedic remedies for penis enlargement
In Ayurveda, there are several ways in which you can have an enlarged penis. These include the following:
- Ayurvedic penis enlargement oil and cream: You may use Ayurvedic oils and creams, which are used especially to benefit penis enlargement. These oils and creams are totally natural and are made from pure Ayurvedic herbs. They are safe for use and have aphrodisiac properties, which help in increasing the penis size and deal with several problems regarding erection. These oils and creams give strength to the penis, resulting in a much harder erection. The ingredients used in these creams and the oils act as stimulants and increase the flow of blood in the penis. They also help in dealing with premature ejaculation (PE).
- Ayurvedic capsules: You may take Ayurvedic capsules, which help in penis enlargement. The capsules are made of processed Ayurvedic herbs. Being natural, they are considered totally safe for long-term use. These capsules enhance blood circulation in the vessels and cavities of the penis. This enables smooth stretching and relaxation of the penis. The penis size becomes enlarged and these Ayurvedic capsules also cause enhanced libido or sex drive. You will be able to achieve much bigger, stronger and harder erections during sexual activity. You will also be able to maintain an erection for a longer time.
- Exercises: There are certain exercises which you can practice for having an enlarged penis. Some common and effective exercises associated with Ayurveda for penis enlargement include jelqing andstretching.
Certain Ayuredic home remedies can be used for penis enlargement as well. You can consume a mixture of walnut and honey with milk, a mixture of carrots with milk or carrot juice with honey. No side effects are associated with these Ayurvedic remedies for penis enlargement.
Blood cancer is a broad term. Firstly, there can be an attack of cancerous formation of any organic physiological system, which occurs in different aspects of the circulatory system, and is broadly termed as blood cancer. There are mainly three types of blood cancer, but each type may have numerous variations:
Leukaemia: In this case, the multiplying cancer cells attack either the red blood cells or the bone marrow. The circulatory system becomes severely impaired and the production of red blood cells decreases rapidly, thereby causing the count of red blood cells to decrease every day along with a higher white blood cell count.
Symptoms: Anaemia, extreme weakness and fatigue, shortness of breath in regular activities, and vulnerability to the slightest of infections. Certain kinds of leukaemia are associated with symptoms like coughing, fatigue, itching, nausea, and aversion towards food.
Lymphoma: In this case the cancerous cells affect the lymphocytes, commonly known as the white blood cells, thereby causing the white blood cell count to decrease and hence causing the body immune system to crash. Even the slightest of infections become the biggest dangers.
Symptoms: Swollen lymph nodes (usually painless), acute weight loss, appetite loss, fever, sudden chills and sweating at night.
Myeloma: In this case, the plasma is affected by the multiplying cancerous cells, again causing severe impairment to the body immune system.
Symptoms: Initially, there are no symptoms but gradual prognosis symptoms like fatigue, extreme back pain, vulnerability towards infections, chest pain, and kidney problems arise.
Cures and Survival Rates-
With enormous research and amazing medical breakthroughs, blood cancer has become treatable and has been overcome by many. In a recent research, a curative alternative has been found which tries to block the release of the enzymes causing metastasis, thereby causing the enlargement of the cancerous cells to get blocked. There are numerous more alternative treatments like herbal treatments using herbs like xanthones and Garcinia mangostana, which have proven to be effective in treating even second and third levels of blood cancer.
According to the Leukaemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS), 2011 had 1,012,533 people recover from various stages of blood cancer. In the 1960s, the five-year relative survival rates were only 14%. In the 1970s, the rate increased to 34.5% and from 2005–2011, the rates improved till 61.7%. This estimate includes both the population of cancer survivors in the following categories:
Those who are totally cured of cancer.
Those who have just recovered.
- Those who are still recovering.
A yeast infection in the vagina is characterized by itchiness, irritation in the vulva and vaginal discharge. Inflammation occurs in the tissues of the vagina, leading to constant itching. Though this is not a sexually transmitted infection, the fungus may spread via oral sex where the mouth and genitals come in contact.
The symptoms of vaginal yeast infection are:
1. You may experience a painful sensation during sexual intercourse
2. An itching sensation in the vaginal opening
3. A sore and painful vagina
4. Rashes may develop in the vagina
5. You may have a thick and whitish discharge from your vagina
Apart from this, the symptoms may turn severe under certain circumstances. The risk factors are:
1. If you are a diabetic, then you are at a high risk of contracting this infection
3. If you are taking medications or have infections such as HIV then it may cause your immune system to malfunction. This increases your risk of vaginal yeast infections.
4. Multiple episodes of yeast infections (about 4 or more).
Causes behind it
The vaginal yeast infection is caused by a fungus known as candida. This fungus naturally exists in the vagina along with a bacterium called ‘lactobacillus’. This bacteria produces a substance that controls the over growth of the yeast. Yeast infection occurs when the balance is disturbed due to various factors such as:
1. If you are pregnant
2. Taking antibiotics may modify the pH balance of your vagina, leading to yeast infection
3. Any therapy or medication that increases estrogen levels in the body
4. If you have diabetes or an impaired immune system
Medications such as ointments, tablets and creams are administered to get rid of the yeast infection. It is recommended to not use latex condoms as birth control measures; as the oily nature of the lotions and ointment can weaken the latex thus, increasing the risks of unplanned pregnancies.
There are certain preventive measures which you may adopt to prevent these infections, them being:
1. Do not wear tight fitting undergarments
2. The material of your clothes should preferably be cotton based
3. Do not use hot water for your bath
4. Don’t stay in your wet clothes for long hours