Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Treatment & Management of Stress
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Forgetfulness
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Submit a review for Mallya HospitalYour feedback matters!
One of the crucial types of surgery is the heart surgery, which is commonly known as the bypass. It is a type of surgery in which the chest is cut, and surgery is done on valves, muscles, and heart arteries. As per the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, it is one of the most common types of surgeries, which is performed on adults. During this surgery, the prime focus is to remove the blockage from the heart so that fresh blood can easily flow into the heart. No doubt that this process is critical, but it is easily true that after the surgery you have to take extra care of yourself.
Talking of which, here are certain things that you can expect after the surgery.
- Moved To ICU: The moment, the surgery is done, you will be moved to the Intensive Care Unit where the person’s health conditions will be monitored, vital signs will be checked, and medical professional will frequently visit to make sure that the patient is just doing fine. Once the surgery is over, you may not wake up quickly, but you will continue to breathe through the breathing tube. About food, of course, you will not be allowed to take solid food, but there is an intravenous (IV) needle will be put in a blood vessel in your chest and arm from which you will be given fluids.
- Recovery At Home: Once you are given the discharge, your focus should be to get recovered quickly. Recovery at home entirely depends on the heart problem for which the surgery was done. Of course, the doctor will give you necessary instructions with regards to healing incision, dealing with after effect is and understanding the signs of complications. Follow up the medicines and attend the appointments as advised to keep track of your health condition. You may face some after effects such as appetite loss, constipation and sleeping problem. If there is any complication, make sure you speak with a doctor about the same immediately.
- Ongoing Care Is Important Too: Once the surgery is over, as said, you will have to go for frequent checkup with your doctor. During these visits, your doctor will tell you to get blood, stress test and electrocardiogram done, which will assess the working condition of the heart. You might also be given few blood-thinning medicine and bring certain changes in lifestyle and medicine.
There are certain phases of recovery which will take time eventually. The first phase is the lengthy one that can last for around 6-8 weeks. Once you get a discharge from the hospital, you will be given instructions that you must follow with good care. This will pace up the healing process and make the process better.
As much as we take a dip in the bucket of blues and sing happy- sad songs to flout and fall for the theorem of love; we are but orderlies to the emotion. We all wish if love had only been a four letter word. It unfortunately has multiple folds and crevices than the human mind can ever possibly think of. Nonetheless, staying in love is essential. Loving is as significant as is living; the reason being, it keeps you happy until you falter and with every faltering foothold, you emerge out as a stronger being.
A strange fact about the emotion is its tryst with wholeness. Love doesn’t necessarily need an object or receptor under its radar. It could be experienced as a self - sufficient feeling. You may be full of love for a family, for a dear friend, for your lover or you could also be in love with your passion or yourself. Irrespective of perpetual disillusionment, one must try and remain in love.
Let's take a curious peek into these few ways to stay in love:
- Put in effort to look good: In any case, ‘beauty indeed lies in the eyes of the beholder’, but finding yourself pretty is extremely important. One must take care to look good in his or her own eyes. Looking good is directly proportional to the way you feel and hence spending time on yourself helps you to think positively. You see yourself in better light and are thus, in a position to love better.
- Exercise to challenge your daily threshold: Exercising has multi - faceted effects on your overall health. If you exercise on daily basis, you witness your progress with every passing day. This encourages you to improve your flexibility and fitness. Exercising can lead to the release of the happy hormone - serotonin in one’s body. Direct exposure to sunlight and consumption of food items rich in carbohydrates can also increase the level of serotonin. Exercising boosts up your confidence and makes you fall in love with your body.
- Indulge in sweet nothings: As you grow up, you stop doing those little things that once gave you immense pleasure. Making a greetings card, baking a cake, making paper boats, going out on walks, teaching young children or doing whatever your heart feels like can actually make you stay in love.
- Pursue your passion: A passion gets the best out of you; it rather steps up the limits of your talents. Pursuing one’s passion makes one love oneself even more. It keeps you engrossed in your plus points, giving you little scope to brood over depressing factors.
- Try having a pet to care for: Feeling responsible for your pet is a great way to discover another side of your personality. A pet gives you the warmth you had been looking for. The bond of love with a pet has had unmatched effects on a person’s health.
Human body moves in an agile manner because of the wonderful coordination between the muscles and bones. The bones are connected to the muscles by what are known as tendons. These are fibrous, thinner than bones, but thicker than muscles and enable movement.
However, due to overuse, trauma, or inflammation, these tendons can be affected. Symptoms include constant dull ache, weakness, stiffness, and limited movement of the affected area. With exercise or sudden movement, the pain can be more sharp and severe. This condition is known as chronic tendinopathy. Depending on the actual clinical presentation, rest, ice therapy, heat therapy, exercise and pain medications are usually used in combination to relieve the tendon pain.
However, if there is no relief of symptoms, surgery may be indicated to remove the injured tissue. This will allow for healing of the affected tendon, thereby reducing pain and inflammation and improving range of motion of the affected joint. Many questions have been raised about the traditional methods of therapy and treatment for tendon pain. More and more innovative, but conservative measures are being used to treat chronic tendon pain, as they produce better results and have gained more popularity. Three of the most common ones are listed below:
- Platelet rich plasma therapy: Traditionally, corticosteroids were used for treating chronic tendinopathy. This was believed to reduce inflammation and therefore relieve the pain. Instead, injecting the affected joint with platelet-rich plasma provides the body with rich supply of oxygen, nutrients, and growth factors. This triggers natural healing. It is done as an outpatient, nonsurgical procedure, where the patient’s blood is drawn and centrifuged to remove the platelets. This plasma is then injected back into the tendon area to promote healing.
- Mechanical therapy: Conventionally, static stretching of the injured tendons was believed to repair the injury. However, this belief is slowly replaced with doing the exercise with resistance in place. This helps collagen synthesis and therefore helps in promoting the tendon injury. After the initial healing phase, slowly introducing heavy, slow resistance therapy helps build back muscle and improve strength.
- Tenex procedure: Traditionally, if all other measures for tendon repair failed, surgery would be the last resort. A large incision was made, through which the injured tendon would be accessed and repaired. Recovery would sometimes take months. With advancements, however, currently, a 3-mm incision is made, through which ultrasound image is used via probe. This probe removes the damaged tissue and the surrounding tissue is also debrided. This minimally invasive procedure takes about 20 minutes and recovery takes about 2 to 6 weeks.
The next time there is someone suffering from chronic tendon injury, try these innovative and less invasive ways. Treatment and recovery would be more effective.
The nasal septum divides the nose into two nostrils or airways. When this septum is defective in structure or position, it can cause several physical difficulties like breathing problems, sleep apnea, bleeding, sinusitis, etc. The surgery to correct the nasal septum is known as septoplasty. The surgery is very common and has a high rate of success.
Reason: When the bone and cartilage separating the two chambers is crooked and deformed, it prevents the air from flowing properly through either one of the nostrils. People suffering from this condition often breathe through their mouth and this leads to respiratory tract problems. So, the septum is fixed with the help of septoplasty.
First, your medical history is taken. A thorough physical examination and endoscopy is conducted and the nose is photographed from the inside and the outside. You may also be asked to avoid medication like ibuprofen, naproxen and aspirin for a few days since these can increase the bleeding after surgery.
Septoplasty is performed under general or localized anesthesia and takes about 30 minutes. Incisions are made on the inside of the nose and the mucus membrane is lifted.
Then, the pieces of cartilage that are affecting normal functioning are repositioned or removed.
If the nasal bone is causing the septum to be wrongly aligned, then cuts are made on the bone and it is positioned correctly.
Sometimes, cartilage grafts (called spreader grafts) are put in between the upper nose cartilage and the septum to widen the narrow nostril.
After this, the mucus membrane is put back in place and stitched.
Post- surgical care: A nasal support or packs are put inside the nose to help it heal and keep it straight. The support is removed after two days but there may be swelling and occasional nasal discharge for a few days. The tissues and cartilage become stable within 4 to 6 months. You are asked not to blow your nose or cough and sneeze too much as these might displace the nasal support. The head is to be kept at a higher level than the rest of the body while sleeping and physically demanding exercises are to be avoided in order to prevent nosebleeds.
Ovarian cysts is a common problem that affects women in their childbearing years. These cysts develop inside the ovaries at the time of ovulation.
These cysts are of four main types:
In most cases, ovarian cysts resolve themselves, but in some cases they can cause pain and grow.
Ayurveda is a holistic form of alternate medication that can be quite effective when it comes to treating ovarian cysts. This form of medication has negligible side effects and hence, can be prescribed to women of all ages. Apart from medication, Ayurveda also involves changes in lifestyle and diet. Ayurvedic herbs help balance the hormones in a woman’s body and thereby improve the overall functioning of the ovaries as well.
Some of the Ayurvedic herbs used in the treatment of ovarian cysts are as follows:
Guggul: This herb has the potential to revitalise cells and can rejuvenate a person. Guggul or commiphora mukul also has purifying properties that helps regulate lipid production and increase iron levels in a person’s blood. It also helps in weight loss and increases metabolism.
Shilajit: The Ayurvedic herb asphaltum or shilajit improves stamina and the ability to deal with physical and mental stress. It is also known to increase sexual desire and enhance libido for both men and women.
Amalaki: Amalaki or emblica officinalis is best known for its ability to rejuvenate cells and rid the body of free radicals. It also helps boost immunity, aids in the development of healthy skin and slows down the aging process. Amalaki helps with digestion and boosts metabolism along with maintaining the proper functioning of the liver.
Aloe: Aloe is the most common Ayurvedic product used for skin care and anti-ageing products. Apart from skincare and hair care, aloe also helps relieve hypertension and has well known antioxidant properties. Additionally, it helps deal with high blood pressure and respiratory problems.
Vitamins and minerals: Some vitamins and minerals boost immunity and have the ability to destroy abnormal cells such as cysts. Zinc helps prevent ovarian cysts, helps the body get rid of free radicals and aids in normal cell growth. Vitamin B complex helps in converting excessive estrogen into less weaker forms and hence balances hormone levels. Antioxidants like vitamin A and E protect the cells against damage and abnormal changes in the cell growth. Vitamin C also helps boost immunity and gives the body the ability to fight illnesses and infections. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
An essential prerequisite for good health is having regular bowel movements. People all over the world have a misconception about the regularity of bowel movements. Having bowel movements three times a day or three times a week (if that is the routine) is considered regular. Irregularity in bowel movements can often lead to constipation and it is something that should never be ignored. It not only affects our health but also affect our overall being in ways that are unexpected. Let us take a look at some of these unexpected side effects of not pooping regularly:
- Constipation can trigger headaches: The cause for a headache can be many things, but the first likely reason is stress. When you do not poop properly, the pain, inconvenience and worry will build up, leading to mental stress. This anxiety can trigger headaches. Also, headache can occur because of dehydration, which is often a result of constipation. By drinking more water, you can get a relief from both constipation and headaches. Moreover, the buildup of toxins in the body also causes a headache. regular is a key channel that releases all the toxins from the body and when that does not work, it is bound to cause problems.
- It can cause breakouts: What happens in and out the gut shows up on the skin. Skin conditions like acne, pimple, dark circles and even rashes can occur due to internal gut and digestive issues. When the toxins are not eliminated regularly from the body, they tend to accumulate over time leading to major skin breakouts.
- It carries a risk of anal fissures: Due to hardened stool, there is not enough lubrication and this can lead to a tear of the skin. This is called an anal fissure and the prime symptom of this condition is the presence of blood in your stool. So, if you feel pain or see blood while pooping, you need to contact your healthcare provider and relieve your condition.
- It may cause Diverticula or Heamerhoids: Long term constipation can lead to certain ailments which tend to form because of the pressure of straining to pass your poop. You can be affected with diverticula which result in bulges or pouches on the lining of the colon area. Or it can also cause a strain in the veins along the rectum and lead to
- It affects your Bladder control: The colon and the bladder share a close relationship with each other. If there is too much pressure on the bladder because of a full colon, it can lead to decreased control of the bladder. Your bladder will not fill all the way, empty badly or cause unexpected leakages. So, chronic constipation can cause apparent leakage problems too.
- It can make you lose appetite: Eating food can be a major turn off for people with constipation. Appetite loss is not just an enjoyable form of hunger suppression, but a big inconvenience.
- Kidney stones are known to the mankind since antiquity. Lot of innovations have been done in treating the kidney stones, but there is a very little knowledge regarding the stone formation and how it can be prevented. Daily water intake is one of the important factors in the prevention of kidney stones. Diet is another factor that can promote or inhibit kidney stone formation. Others include environment, body weight and heredity.
- The dietary advice will be based on the type of kidney stones, which will be recommended by the urologist. These recommendations mentioned below are general and for the most commonest kidney stone formers.
Menopause is a tricky problem for women to negotiate. Hot flushes, mood swings, night sweats, sleeplessness, and vaginal dryness are but some of the issues. It's a very similar position to that of puberty whereby the body is out of control and one's emotions follow suite. If a woman going through this time is facing added pressures with family or job she can lose her confidence and sink into a state of depression.
The effect on those around her has a bearing on her moods as they usually fail to understand what is happening to her. In my case the greatest thing was hormone replacement therapy which almost instantly corrected the problems. The brain cleared of its confusion, the other symptoms virtually stopped, and energy levels were restored.
The question many face is how safe is this HRT? Some studies link it to breast cancer and other diseases as a warning against it. But speaking from personal experience the risks of developing is far outweighed by the benefits.
- As opposed to my situation my sister, five years younger, did not take HRT and she had a hysterectomy, which saw the female reproductive organs removed. By the time she was 50 she was diagnosed with the bones of an 80-year-old. She then suffered from osteoporosis with her bones, particularly her ribs, breaking with the slightest pressure.
- On top of that she also has irritable bowel syndrome and other things, such as shingles. Her blood pressure was always low and other problems emerged. Although active and stoic her health went rapidly downhill and she died two years ago of pancreatic cancer at the age of 71. Now one can't say that HRT would have saved her from that but it certainly didn't cause the cancer.
- By way of contrast my body is fit, healthy, strong, with no disease or blood pressure at the age now of 78. My brain is active and productive and most days I attend a gym. My bones are also strong with no sign of osteoporosis. I don't even get headaches or other things most people my age would normally suffer from. I don't even wear glasses.
- While there are great benefits to be had from HRT it is my belief it also preserves the body well into old age. Cancers of the type they proclaim may be associated with it are, in my opinion, not related to it. Breast cancer is common among women of all ages and some die in their twenties from it.
- To be rid of the awful symptoms of menopause is a great achievement by the medical scientists. They have made it possible for many women to remain a productive force in society. My mother who never had the benefits of it suffered and died at the age of 56 years.
- While everyone is different and people have diverse opinions about what is good for their heath my suggestion is to go where your body takes you. Don't be frightened or put off by claims that are as yet unproven.
Hitting the beach, going for a hike, mowing the lawn - when summer comes, a guy can't help but spend a lot more time outside. That's what the season is for, after all. But along with all the positive aspects of the summer, there are negative ones as well. And for many men, a summer penis rash is among those irritants. Even when a guy is at the top of his penis health game, he may proudly thrust off his trunks to find penis skin that is red, flaky or otherwise unattractive.
With that in mind, let's look at some of the things a guy can do to help keep penis rash under control as he keeps enjoying the lazy hazy days of summer.
- Go for light colors and light fabrics. One of the primary causes of skin rashes in the summer is sweat from excess heat. This can be especially true of a penis rash, as the double whammy of underwear plus a pair of trousers can significantly up the heat quotient in the crotch. Wearing lightweight pants can help to keep the heat down, as can wearing lighter colors that don't absorb as much heat. Some guys may also consider leaving off the underwear to stay cooler; that's one option, but sometimes exposing sensitive penis skin to trouser fabric may cause its own irritation.
- Go loose. It also helps if the clothes a guy wears aren't quite so tight. Looser pants give a guy a chance to breathe, and keep his basement a little cooler.
- Get out of biker shorts quickly. Compression shorts are great for biking and other sports, but they really raise the heat level - so much so that in the summer they can actively encourage the development of folliculitis. Folliculitis is infected hair follicles which create red splotches that resemble a rash. So dispose of the shorts as soon as possible, and jump into a nice shower for added protection.
- Be careful of pool chlorine levels. Most public pools are maintained at an appropriate chlorine level, but many pools in an individual's backyard may not be. Too much chlorine can dry the skin out or cause an allergic reaction, both of which can translate into a penis rash in some men. Too little can allow bacteria or parasites to thrive, which can in turn also cause skin eruptions.
- Go to extremes. To keep sweat (and the resulting potential for rash) to a minimum, try to schedule outdoor summer activities at the beginning or end of the day. The heat will be less in the morning or evening than it would be in the middle of the day.
- Choose cleansers. Going to the beach or the pool often involves using the facility's shower afterward - which may include using their soap and shampoo. When possible, a guy should bring his own, which he hopefully already knows does not cause a penis rash. Harsh commercial cleansers and soaps such as might be in use in a group shower often create penis skin issues.
- Be wary of tanning all over. Nude sunbathing, whether at the beach or a tanning salon, exposes sensitive penis skin to the unfamiliar rays of the sun (or a reasonable facsimile). Burning is the obvious risk, but more limited exposure can also create dryness, which can become flaky and rashy in short order.
Summer doesn't have to mean a bout of penis rash, especially if a man just takes basic precautions. This includes regular application of a first rate penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). Healthy penis skin is more resistant to rashing, so choose a crème that will provide a wide range of beneficial vitamins, including A, B5, C, D, and E. While a guy is at it, he should be sure the crème also includes L-arginine. This valuable amino acid helps bolster the process by which penis blood vessels can properly open to accommodate the increased blood flow essential to premium penis activity.
Alcohol dependence, sometimes known as 'Alcoholism’, is the most serious form of drinking problem and describes a strong, often uncontrollable, desire to drink. Drinking plays an important part in the day to day life of alcohol dependent people, which could lead to building up a physical tolerance or experiencing withdrawal symptoms if they stop. There are varying degrees of alcohol dependence and they don’t always involve excessive levels of drinking. If you find that you ‘need’ to share a bottle of wine with your partner most nights of the week, or always go for a few pints after work, just to unwind, it is possible that you may be on the verge of getting long-term health problems. If you find it very difficult to enjoy yourself or relax without having a drink, you could have become psychologically dependent on alcohol. Physical dependence can follow too with withdrawal symptoms. It can be very difficult for some people to give up an addiction. Here are some natural remedies that can help:
1. Take it one day at a time:
You can start your road to recovery is by slowly reducing your alcohol consumption. If you have feel like you consume a drink or two after work just to relax, try to cut down on this by only having a drink 3 times a week, then once a week and gradually rid yourself of the habit.
2. Keep yourself occupied:
When you find yourself having nothing to do, you start thinking of drinking more. Try to keep yourself as busy as possible so that you do not think about drinking throughout the day. Find small activities to do in your free time like taking a class or reading. This way you don’t let your mind wander to other tasks like drinking.
3. Try bitter gourd:
Bitter gourd is the go-to vegetable when trying to quit drinking. Not only does it curb your need for a drink, it also repairs your kidneys in the process. Drink the juice of the bitter gourd in the morning when you wake up. The taste may be a little hard to handle, but mix it with some buttermilk and you’re good to go.
4. Out of sight, out of mind:
Clear your surroundings of any and all bottles of alcohol. Get rid of all the reminders of drinking and make sure to avoid passing any bars or pubs you frequent when you are outside. This should slightly help you curb your desire.
5. Surround yourself with the right people:
Make sure you hang around people you know will not tempt you to drink. Get together with friends who do not drink or have previously quit drinking to help you do the same.
मानसून एक ऐसा मौसम है जो हमारे जीवन में खुशियां लेकर आता है,
क्योंकि यह गर्मियों की झुलसा देने वाली धूप के बाद वातावारण को बिलकुल ठंडा कर देता है। परन्तु मानसून की ठंडक का मज़ा लेने के बावजूद ऐसी कुछ बातें हैं, जिनसे आपको सावधान रहने की आवश्यकता है।
मानसून अपने साथ कुछ ऐसी स्वास्थ्य समस्याएं लेकर आता है, जिससे बचाव के उपाय ढूंढना काफी ज़रूरी होता है।
अगर आपके घर में बच्चे और बूढ़े लोग हैं तो वे एलर्जी (allergy), सर्दी, खांसी आदि स्वास्थ्य समस्याओं का शिकार हो सकते हैं। जब आप भोजन भी कर रहे हों तो ऐसे खाद्य पदार्थों को अपने खानपान में शामिल करने का प्रयास करें, जो आपको बीमार ना बनाएं।
मानसून के मौसम में बारिश की पहली बूँदें सारे वातावरण को काफी खुशगवार बना देती हैं। यह मौसम उन रैशेस (rashes) का इलाज करता है, जो घमौरियों की वजह से हमें गर्मियों में होते हैं। हमें मानसून के मौसम में अपने खानपान और अपनी गतिविधियों का काफी ध्यान रखना चाहिए। मानसून के समय हमें कई तरह की बीमारियां हो सकती हैं। खासकर बच्चे इस मौसम में कई तरह की समस्याओं का शिकार होते हैं।
यह वह मौसम है जब पानी से पैदा हुआ बैक्टीरिया (bacteria) हम पर आक्रमण करता है और हमारी प्रतिरोधक क्षमता में काफी गिरावट आ जाती है। इस समय लोग आमतौर पर बदहज़मी, एलर्जी और कई तरह के संक्रमणों से पीड़ित होते हैं। नीचे कुछ ऐसे नुस्खे दिए गए हैं, जो मानसून के मौसम में हमारा बचाव कर सकते हैं।
बरसात के दिनों में हमें अपने शरीर का ख्याल रखने की अधिक आवश्यकता होती है।
इन दिनों में बढ़े हुये मच्छर और उनसे उत्पन मलेरिया और डेंगू जैसे रोग हमें बीमार बना सकते हैं साथ ही वायरल फीवर होने का भी इन दिनों खतरा बढ़ जाता है। ऐसे में ज़रूरत होती है खुद का ख़याल रखने की और स्वस्थ बने रहने के लिए आवश्यक उपायों को अपनाने की। इस मौसम के लिए ज़रूरी टिप्स नीचे दिये जा रहे हैं जिन्हें अपनाएँ और स्वस्थ रहते हुये मानसून का आनंद लें।
मानसून के दौरान खानपान (Choice of diet during monsoon)
मानसून के मौसम के दौरान रास्ते में बिक रही तली हुई चीज़ें और फ़ास्ट फ़ूड (fast food) का सेवन ना करें। इससे पेट का संक्रमण हो सकता है। कई बार लोग मानसून के मौसम में बदहज़मी का शिकार हो जाते हैं, क्योंकि इस मौसम में पानी से पैदा हुआ बैक्टीरिया काफी सक्रिय रहता है और आपके भोजन के साथ आपके शरीर में भी प्रवेश कर सकता है।
क्योंकि मानसून के समय आर्द्रता का स्तर काफी ऊंचा रहता है, अतः आपके शरीर को भोजन पचाने में दिक्कतें पेश आती हैं।
रास्ते में बिक रहे तैलीय भोजन से परहेज़ करें। सिर्फ घर पर बना हुआ स्वास्थ्यकर भोजन करें।
What are Dental Crowns and Tooth Bridges?
Both crowns and most bridges are fixed prosthetic devices. Unlike removable devices such as dentures, which you can take out and clean daily, crowns and bridges are cemented onto existing teeth or implants, and can only be removed by a dentist.
How do Crowns Work?
A crown is used to entirely cover or “cap” a damaged tooth. Besides strengthening a damaged tooth, a crown can be used to improve its appearance, shape or alignment. A crown can also be placed on top of an implant to provide a tooth-like shape and structure for function. Porcelain or ceramic crowns can be matched to the color of your natural teeth. Other materials include gold and metal alloys, acrylic and ceramic. These alloys are generally stronger than porcelain and may be recommended for back teeth. Porcelain bonded to a metal shell is often used because it is both strong and attractive.
PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY:- Pediatric dentists are dedicated to the oral health of children from infancy through the teen years. They have the experience and qualifications to care for a child’s teeth, gums, and mouth throughout the various stages of childhood.
Children begin to get their baby teeth during the first 6 months of life. By age 6 or 7 years, they start to lose their first set of teeth, which eventually are replaced by secondary, permanent teeth.
Without proper dental care, children face possible oral decay and disease that can cause a lifetime of pain and complications. Today, early childhood dental caries—an infectious disease—is 5 times more common in children.
Provide comprehensive oral health care that includes the following:
• Preventive dental care including cleaning and fluoride treatments, as well as nutrition and diet recommendations
• Habit counseling (for example, pacifier use and thumb sucking)
• Early assessment and treatment for straightening teeth and correcting an improper bite (orthodontics)
• Repair of tooth cavities or defects
• Diagnosis of oral conditions associated with several diseases.
• Management of gum diseases and conditions including ulcers, short frenulae, mucoceles, and pediatric periodontal disease
• Care for dental injuries (for example, fractured, displaced, or knocked-out teeth)
COSMETIC DENTISTRY:- The aims of cosmetic dentistry is to create a beautiful and natural look.
Cosmetic bonding or composite veneers-If the gap between the two teeth is very small, closing the gap with composite bonding provides a quick solution to the problem. Bonding or veneers provides a minimally invasive solution to closing the gap.
Gaps due to missing teeth-If the gap is due to a missing tooth, veneers or orthodontic treatment would be inappropriate. The missing tooth needs to be replaced, both for aesthetic and functional reasons – a restoration would prevent the teeth on either side of the gap from “shifting” towards the gap. Solutions to replace a gap due to missing teeth could be a partial denture, a dental bridge or a dental implant.
Dental veneers (sometimes called porcelain veneers or dental porcelain laminates) are wafer-thin, custom-made shells of tooth-colored materials designed to cover the front surface of teeth to improve your appearance. These shells are bonded to the front of the teeth changing their color, shape, size, or length.
Porcelain veneers resist stains better than resin veneers and better mimic the light reflecting properties of natural teeth. Resin veneers are thinner and require removal of less of the tooth surface before placement. You will need to discuss the best choice of veneer material for you with your dentist.
What Types of Problems Do Dental Veneers Fix?
Veneers are routinely used to fix:
- Teeth that are discolored — either because of root canal treatment; stains from tetracycline or other drugs, excessive fluoride or other causes; or the presence of large resin fillings that have discolored the tooth.
- Teeth that are worn down.
- Teeth that are chipped or broken.
- Teeth that are misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped (for example, have craters or bulges in them).
- Teeth with gaps between them (to close the space between these teeth).
From a neurobiological perspective, love is seen similar to addiction, when we fall in love, our brain gets flooded with a host of "feel good" neurochemicals like - adrenaline, dopamine, norepinephrine, serotonin. These chemicals cause us to feel highly motivated to do things that may seem impossible otherwise, like staying up all night talking or chatting to the person you love on the phone, feeling the deep desperation or the desire to meet your lover, ready to physically harm self for a person whom you know just year or months back.
As our relationship progresses and we begin to settle into our daily life with our partner those neurochemicals settle too. This is ultimately for the best otherwise humans would not be able to progress in other aspects of their life efficiently if they keep themselves completely submerged into the thoughts and feelings of their partner 24X7 (like in the initial phase).
When a breakup occurs, especially at an advanced stage of the relationship, human brain gets accustomed to the feel-good neurochemicals that their togetherness has generated over the time. Hence the brain pressures the person to seek the physical presence of the lover so it can again generate the feel-good neurochemicals. In human behavior, this process is reflected by a sudden shot of happy memories and realising that he/she is no longer with us.
So who feels the pain more Men or Women?
According to the researchers from Binghamton University and University College London, Women tend to feel the emotional pain associated with a breakup more acutely than men, but men take longer to "get over" their former lover.
Although the research found that women tend to feel the physical and emotional pain associated with a breakup more acutely than men do, they also found that both the sexes reported feelings, different breakup-related emotions in about the same proportions. For example, both men & women reported anger and depression, troubled sleep, struggle with their weight or experience panic attacks after a breakup.
So, why women get more affected by breakups than men? Well, from a scientific standpoint, women typically have more at stake in relationships than men do. Women are evolved to invest far more in a relationship than a man. A brief romantic encounter could lead to nine months of pregnancy followed by many years of lactation for a woman while the man may leave the scene' literally minutes after the encounter with no further biological investment. This knowledge is rooted in a woman’s brain from the stone age.
The study also shows that men may have a different set of emotional scars following a breakup. The man is likely to feel the loss deeply and for a very long period of time as it 'sinks in' that he must 'start competing' all over again to replace what he has lost — or, worse still, comes to the realisation that the loss is irreplaceable.
A little more about Weaning:-
Weaning can be defined as a process where there is a gradual transition from an infant's diet to a fully grown adults diet. Weaning is considered a period of complementary feeds, which helps an infant to establish a better connection with food. Weaning can also be considered as a process of developing infants taste buds. Weaning should always be introduced after 6 months of exclusive breastfeeding (from birth to 6 months).
Since the entire process of weaning takes a lot of patience and perseverance, mothers are expected to be creative to bring the best introductions in her child's menu. It is more of a trial method for the new mum, as it helps her govern a basic taste of her tiny tot.
Below are some points which can benefit both the new mum and the baby towards effective weaning.
Points to be kept in mind for a fruitful weaning:-
- Feed only supple or soft foods:- To avoid the potential risk of choking, which can be common with the foods like apple, grapes, nuts, popcorns, The rule here to follow is to make sure that the food fed, should be soft enough to get mashed between the finger and the thumb. It becomes very important to go choke free. One can conveniently start with blends.
- Offer purees and nutrient dense meals:- Weaning should be a gradual and relishing process and purees play a vital role in resetting the overall process since they are loaded with important nutrients and are also easy to digest, they can be an ideal meal to begin for the growing infant.
- Diversify the baby's prospect as a part of growing:- Babies like to see the world as a process of constant change and learning. Including wide varieties of mild herbs like basil, turmeric in his daily weaning diet, will help in developing a stronger immune response.
- Discourage the use of salt, sugar and honey all together:- Do not encourage the use of salt and sugar till the baby turns one. They can prove to be very heavy on the baby's tiny developing system, without contributing much on a nutritional front.
- Go slow and enjoy the overall process :-Considering this period as a time of bonding with your baby, by doing so you will be able to help your baby attain a healthy, positive and fun loving rapport with the new mum and the food, which will last with the baby for rest of his life. By any sort of force feeding involved, baby can get rebellious and might never want to have food at all.
- Encourage self-feeding:- By encouraging it, the baby will eventually learn the process of self-feeding. Self-feeding will help the baby to have a better grip over fine motor grip and also help him be more independent. Self-feeding should be monitored under vigilance and allow baby learn self-feeding by himself, in spite of some futile attempts.
Weaning should be a gradual, happy and a positive process, which should be initially done at a turtle pace. It should evolve as a learning process for both mother and the baby since that will help them to establish a better understanding and connection with the food habits. Weaning can sum up to the benefit of new mum by attaining a better understanding towards baby's food preferences.