Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nalini Kilara
Submit a review for Dr. Nalini KilaraYour feedback matters!
What are the chances that I will develop lung cancer if I am smoking for more than five years and what are the common symptoms of cancer?
My mother got a small wound inside the left chest in 2012. Doctor did operation for that n removed the waste piece which has formed. She used medicines for 11months. Then stopped using medicines. Now 4months back repeated the same. cancer tests n all did in NRI hospital. Report was gud. It is not cancer. Again they did operation and removed that wound ball. Is this repeats like this? What is the permanent cure for this? She has diabetes since her 38years age only, b. P. From 1yr. Please give me the correct solution.
Sir/madam I am 42 years old. There is a lump in my left breast size of the lump is 2cm identified by mammogram. Doctors suggested me to remove the lump/cyst by surgery. Suggest me the best method for removal of the lump.
What is chemotherapy. And what is acute myeloid leukemia good thing than did skid SK is SK hai Haydn JFK.
Here are a few FAQs on Cervical Cancer that most people often want to know about.
Q1 What is Cervical Cancer?
A: Cervical Cancer is the cancer of the cervix, which is the lower part of the uterus that opens into the vagina.
Q2 What causes Cervical Cancer?
A: Cervical Cancer is caused by a virus known as human papillomavirus, or HPV. Women can get affected with the virus by having sex with someone who has it. HPV is very common and usually goes away in time. Usually, it leads to genital warts and sometimes shows no symptoms at all. Sometimes it leads to cervical cancer.
Q3 What are the early symptoms of cervical cancer?
A: The early symptoms of cervical cancer are:
Pain during sex
A sudden change in the menstrual cycle
Abnormal vaginal discharge
Vaginal bleeding between your menstrual cycle, after having sex or after menopause.
Q4 What are the preventive measures for cervical cancer?
A: Cervical cancer can be prevented by taking a vaccine against HPV. Regular PAP tests are also recommended for catching the cancer early on.
Q5 At what age should the HPV vaccine be taken for it to be effective?
A: The recommended age for boys and girls to take the HPV vaccine is 11-12 years. Women can have the vaccine before the age of 26 years.
Q6 Is the HPV vaccine safe?
A: Most of these vaccines are safe and come highly recommended. Many studies have been conducted to find otherwise but the fact remains that the vaccines are one sure shot way of reducing the chances of getting HPV. However, it is important to take any of these vaccinations under strict medical practitioner’s guidance.
Ayurveda is a form of medicine that has been practiced for thousands of years and has many effective cure for some of the most complex diseases. Cancer, in this day and age, is one such complex disease and its incidence is increasing rapidly. It is always recommended to consult a Ayurveda specialist for severe cancer. Some of the common ingredients for treatment of uterine cancer through Ayurveda are mentioned here.
- Turmeric: Already a staple spice in many Indian dishes, turmeric as a herb in raw form and as a spice in powdered form, is touted the new wonder herb all across the world. It has been used as a traditional healing herb in India since ages. It has also been seen to be a very effective anti-inflammatory agent and thus it is very effective in stopping the growth of cancer cells.
- Green tea from the Camellia Sinensis plant: Green tea has been known to be effective in treating multiple types of cancer, aid in weight loss and also facilitate detoxification. Regular consumption of green tea from the Camellia Sinensis plant is known to fight the growth of cancer cells within the body; thus is a very effective in treating uterine cancer as well.
- Ashwagandha: This herb is not only used in Ayurveda, but has also been adopted by homeopathy as conventional medicine to make extracts. Ashwagandha is an adaptogen, which means it can adapt to the requirements of the body and then make the changes to provide support to the necessary areas. It is also very good at preventing the growth of cancer cells.
- Garlic: This spice is known to be good for multiple forms of cancer as it contains allicin, which is being hailed as one of the best fighters of inflammatory diseases. It also contains other types of phytochemicals and thus helps in detoxifying the body. It is very effective in fighting cancer cells and can arrest the growth of cancer within the body.
- Ginger: Ginger is extremely effective in the treatment of many ailments, if consumed regularly in controlled amounts. It has been known to be very effective in the treatment of colon cancer. Due to its properties, it is also known to be effective in the prevention of uterine and many other forms of cancer.