Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Throat Ache
Treatment of Ear Pain
Treatment of Sneezing
Treatment of Sinusitis
Management of Abortion
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Mouth Sores
Treatment of Flu
Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis
Coughing Treatment & Management
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Hearing Loss
Treatment of Sore Throat
Submit a review for Aryan HospitalYour feedback matters!
कपिकच्छु का कई फायदे और नुकसान को प्राचीन काल से ही पहचान लिया गया था. कपिकच्छु का वानस्पतिक नाम म्युकुना प्रुरियंस है. 10-12 फीट लम्बी बेल के रूप में उगने वाली कपिकच्छु के जड़, पत्ते और बीज को औषधीय रूप में इस्तेमाल किया जाता है.
आयुर्वेद में इसके ताकतवर कामोत्तेजक स्वभाव और शरीर को स्थिरता देने वाले गुण की प्रशंसा की गई है. कपिकच्छु में लेवोडोपा जिसे एल-डोपा भी कहा जाता है, नाम का रसायन पाया जाता है. ये रसायन एड्रेनालाईन, डोपामाइन और नॉरएड्रेनालाइन हार्मोन्स के लिए काफी लाभदायक होता है. यहाँ पर हम कपिकच्छु के फायदों और नुकसान को जानेंगे.
1. साइटिका के उपचार में
इसका साइटिका में भी सकारात्मक प्रभाव देखा गया है. कपिकच्छु के जड़ के पाउडर में कायाकल्प लाभ और नेटविन टॉनिक का प्रभाव पाया जाता है. इसलिए ये पीठ दर्द नसों के दर्द आदि में फायदा पहुंचाता है. इसके लिए आप इसका काढ़ा या पाउडर ले सकते हैं.
2. बदन दर्द में
कपिकच्छु का फायदा बदन दर्द में भी देखा गया है. इसे और भी कई तरह के दर्दों जैसे कि नसों के दर्द जिसे न्युरलजिया भी कहते हैं, शरीर के दर्द थकान, पीठ दर्द आदि के उपचार में 50 मिली की खुराक ले सकते हैं. इस खुराक को आप 1 चम्मच कपिकच्छु, 1 चम्मच शतावरी, 1 चम्मच गोक्षुरा की एक समान मात्रा 2 कप पानी में उबालकर, जब पानी आधा कप रह जाए तो इसे छान कर बना सकते हैं.
3. एकाग्रता बढ़ाने में
कपिकच्छु हमारे दिमाग को एकाग्र रखने में भी हमारी मदद करता है. इसके लिए कपिकच्छु के बीज का काढ़ा आपको नियमित रूप से लेना होगा. कपिकच्छु का काढ़ा लेने के दौरान इस बात का ध्यान रखें की इसकी मात्रा 40-50 मिली होनी चाहिए.
4. शुक्राणुओं की संख्या बढ़ाने में
कपिकच्छु का बारीक पाउडर दिन में दो बार 3-5 ग्राम भोजन से पहले एक कप दूध के साथ लेने से ये पुरुषों में शुक्राणुओं की संख्या बढ़ाता है. यही नहीं महिलाओं में भी ओव्यूलेशन को प्रोत्साहित करता है. इसके अलावा ये यौन शक्ति, सुस्ती, थकान, शीघ्रपतन, आदि में भी अत्यंत लाभकारी है.
5. पीठ दर्द में
पीठ दर्द में भी कपिकच्छु काफी फायदेमंद साबित होता है. इसके लिए 5 ग्राम कपिकच्छु के मोटे पाउडर को गाय के दूध के साथ पाकाएं. इसे एक चम्मच घी और आधा चम्मच चीनी के साथ मिलाकर लें. ऐसा करने से ये पीठ दर्द से तो आपको दूर करेगा ही बुढापे की दुर्बलता में भी उपयोगी साबित होगा.
6. पार्किंसंस के उपचार में
तंत्रिका तंत्र संबंधी परेशानियों में भी कपिकच्छु बेहद उपयोगी साबित होता है. आधुनिक चिकित्सकीय शोधों में भी ये पार्किंसंस और समग्र मस्तिष्क के सवास्थ्य के लिए बहुत लाभकारी माना गया है. इसे एक ख़ास दवा के रूप में लेने से लाभ मिलता है.
7. वजन बढ़ाने में
यदि आप दुबले पतले हैं और अपना वजन बढ़ाना चाहते हैं तो इसमें कपिकच्छु आपकी मदद कर सकत है. इसके लिए आपको 2 चम्मच कपिकच्छु का बारीक पीसा हुआ पाउडर एक कप दूध में मिलाकर अच्छी तरह पकाएं. जब यह गढ़ा हो जाए तब इसमें एक चम्मच घी डालकर भूरा होने तक पकाएं. ध्यान रहे इसे धीमे आंच पर पकाना है.
अब ये पूरी तरह से एक केक जैसा हो जाएगा. तब आप चाहें तो इसमें स्वादानुसार केसर, इलायची या लौंग मिलाकर ले सकते हैं. इसका नियमित रूप से सेवन करने से आपका वजन निश्चित रूप से बढ़ता है.
क्या हैं कपिकच्छु के नुकसान
- गर्भावस्था और स्तनपान के दौरान महिलाओं को इसके इस्तेमाल से बचना चाहिए
- इस बात का हमेशा ध्यान रखना चाहिए कि इसे जरुरत से ज्यादा मात्रा में कभी न लिया जाए.
- इसे लेने से पहले किसी चिकित्सक से अवश्य संपर्क करना चाहिए. इससे आप इसके साइड इफेक्ट से बच सकते हैं.
वानस्पतिक नाम सेन्टेला असिएटिका वाले गोटू कोला के फायदों का हम प्राचीन काल से ही उपयोग कर रहे हैं. भारत के आयुर्वेद चिकित्सा में प्राचीन काल से ही कई बूटियों का उपयोग चिकित्सकीय प्रयोजनों में किया जाता है. इसे आयुर्वेद में ब्राह्मी जैसा ही इसका भी गुण बताया गया है. मस्तिष्क पर इसका बहुत सकारात्मक प्रभाव देखा गया है. आइए गोटू कोला के फायदे और नुकसान को समझें.
1. एकाग्रता बढ़ाता है
कई बार ज्यादा चिंता या तनाव की स्थिति के चलते हमारे ध्यान या सतर्कता में कमी आ जाती है. आयुर्वेद के अनुसार इस तरह की परेशानी को भी गोटू कोला के जरिए दूर किया जा सकता है. इसके लिए आपको एक दिन में दो बार 2 ग्राम गोटू कोला पाउडर दूध के साथ लेना होगा.
2. फूली हुई नसों के उपचार में
फूली हुई नसों को ठीक करने में भी गोटू कोला काफी मददगार होता है. गोटू कोला, का सेवन करने से रक्त परिसंचरण में सुधार आता है. और ये फूली हुई नसों को विश्राम भी देता है. जिससे कि नसें पुनः अपने वास्तविक अवस्था में आ जाती हैं.
3. मानसिक उलझन ख़त्म करने में
मानसिक उलझन के कई कारण हैं जैसे ज्यादा चिंता करना, बेहोशी, गहरी सोच, थकान आदि. इन स्थितियों के कारण भ्रम या उलझन जैसी स्थित उत्पन्न हो जाती है. गोटू कोला आपके इस मानसिक स्थिति को सुधारने का काम करती है. गोटू कोला मस्तिष्क की कोशिकाओं को पुनर्जीवित करने के साथ-साथ मस्तिष्क में रक्त की आपूर्ति में सुधार करता है. इससे दिमाग में ऑक्सीजन का संचार होता है और उलझन ख़त्म हो जाती है.
4. तनाव कम करने में
तनाव की स्थिति में व्यक्ति के अंदर कई परिवर्तन जैसे चिड़चिड़ापन उत्तेजना, बेचैनी, निराशा, आत्मघाती विचार और आक्रामक व्यवहार होने लगते हैं. ऐसा मस्तिष्क में पित्त उत्तेजना के कारण होता है. ऐसे में आप गोटू कोला के साथ मुक्ता पिष्टी और जटामांसी का प्रयोग करें तो बेहतर परिणाम आता है.
5. बच्चों के लिए
गोटू कोला में पाए जाने वाले तमाम उपयोगी पदार्थों में एक ऐसा यौगिक भी पाया जाता है जो बच्चों के लिए बहुत लाभदायक साबित होता है. इससे बच्चों में ध्यान और सोच समझकर प्रतिक्रिया देने में ऊनकी मदद करता है.
6. नींद के लिए
नींद न आने की बीमारी भी अब बदली हुई जीवन शैली के कारण आम होती जा रही है. गोटू कोला मानसिक ऊर्जा को फिर से स्थापित करके को शिकाओं को पुनर्जीवित करता है. इससे आपकी अनिद्रा दूर होती है. इसके लिए आप 3 ग्राम गोटू कोला पाउडर सोने से पहले एक कप दूध के साथ एक हफ्ते तक लें.
7. मेमोरी लॉस में
मस्तिष्क की कोशिकाओं और एंटी-एमनेशाइक कार्यों पर सुरक्षात्मक प्रभाव पड़ने से मेमोरी लॉस की स्थिति उत्पन्न होती है. गोटू कोला हमारे मस्तिष्क में ऑक्सीडेटिव तनाव तो कम करता ही है साथ में मेमोरी लॉस को भी दूर करता है.
8. फटी एड़ियों के उपचार में
एक भाग गोटू कोला पाउडर के साथ सात भाग मोम या पेट्रोलियम जेली के मिश्रण से बना क्रीम दिन में दो बार फटी एड़ियों पर लगाने से राहत मिलती है. ऐसा आपको 2 से 4 हफ्ते तक करते रहना चाहिए. इसके बाद आपकी एड़ियाँ सामान्य होने लगेंगी.
9. मानसिक थकान मिटाने में
मानसिक थकान की स्थिति में आदमी थोड़ा चिड़चिड़ा हो जाता है. इससे हमारी कार्यक्षमता प्रभावित होती है. ऐसा हमारे मस्तिष्क में न्यूरोट्रांसमीटर के रूप में काम करने वाले डोपामाइन नामक हार्मोन की कमी के कारण होता है. गोटू कोला डोपामाइन के उत्पादन को नियमित करके आपके मानसिक थकान को दूर करता है.
10. घावों को जल्दी भरने में
गोटू कोला के पत्तियों का पाउडर बनाकर त्वचा के घाव पर लगायें. इसके लगाने से घाव वाले क्षेत्र में रक्तसंचार में सुधार होता है. मधुमेह के मरीजों के लिए ये ज्यादा असरदार है. इसे अल्सर वाले घाव या मामूली जली हुई त्वचा पर भी लगाया जा सकता है.
11. बौद्धिक क्षमता को बढ़ाने में
गोटू कोला का 3 ग्राम पीसकर गाय के ताजा दूध में मिलाकर पेस्ट तैयार किया जाता है. इस पेस्ट को सुबह खाली पेट गर्म दूध के साथ लेना होता है. इसके बाद नाश्ता न करके सीधे दोपहर के भोजन में हल्का शाकाहारी भोजन लें. ऐसा लगातार 12 दिन करने पर आपकी बौद्धिक क्षमता में सुधार आता है.
क्या हैं गोटू कोला के नुकसान
- गर्भवती महिलाएं और स्तनपान कराने वाली महिलाएं इसके सेवन से बचें.
- गोटू कोला को अधिक मात्रा में लेने पर झपकी आने की समस्या हो सकती है.
- जहाँ तक संभव हो किसी विशेषज्ञ से सलाह लेने के बाद ही इसे इस्तेमाल करें.
Nose bleeds is a common ailment that can be troublesome and often difficult to control. Definitive cure lies in, firstly proper diagnosis of the disease condition and secondly immediate steps take to control bleeding as an emergency.
1. For children: children are very prone for nose bleed. The most common cause being frequent upper respiratory tract infection followed by frequent nose pricking. Children should also be enquired for any nose trauma. However there may be other systemic causes like bleeding disorders of blood etc that need to be looked upon.
2. Adults: hypertension along with nose trauma seems to be most common cause. Care should be taken to look upon contributory cause like forceful blowing of nose, constipation, chronic cough etc. Systemic diseases like chronic kidney disease, bleeding disorders etc should be investigated.
What to do when a nose bleeds:
Step 1: nose pinching - this is one of the most effective method to control nose bleeding and serve as a first aid. It should continue for at least 20 mins with head in upright posture.
Step 2: nasal drops - 2 drops of oxymetazoline nasal drops (0.05 % for adults. 0.025 % for children) should be instilled in the bleeding nose and then nose pinching should continue.
Step 3: take immediately to emergency hospital
Now after the first aid performed in home or on the way, patient should be rushed to hospital where definitive treatment can be started.
My husband’s sexual dysfunction and its effect on my marriage
- When I got married, we were both in our mid 20s and excited to start our journey together. Everything seemed all new and exciting and I settled into my new home quite soon. My husband, being quite the romantic that he is, always made me feel loved and special with random acts. For a while all was good but I soon started to feel like something was amiss. Our physical relationship was almost non-existent!
- Initially I didn’t pay much attention to it thinking that maybe he wants to wait till we are more comfortable with each other and I was very hesitant to raise the topic myself. Yet, as time passed he didn’t seem to make any advances in that direction. Every time I tried to hint at it he would just seem disinterested. While I knew my husband loved me, I did start to worry why he wasn’t being physically intimate with me.
- I started wondering if it was me that he was not interested sexually in or if i’d done something wrong. The few times we would have sex he would seem distant and the intimacy just wasn’t there. I finally got the guts to talk to him directly about it but he said everything was fine and that he didn’t need more of it.
- In the beginning I started questioning if maybe I was overthinking this and maybe our sex life was fine, but to be honest, it just wasn’t. I didn’t know who to talk to about this without embarrassing my husband, so didn’t say anything for a while. However, one day I was over at my best friend’s place when I couldn’t hold back any longer and finally confided in her about my marriage. I told her that while he always showered me with love and affection, our physical relationship was just not moving forward.
- She was very sympathetic and understanding of my situation and then started talking to me about how common it can be. She told me that maybe he has a low-libido which decreases his sexual desire and that it doesn’t mean i’m the reason. Further, she went on to say that it is quite a common concern among men but is not talked about much as it is generally a source of embarrassment to them. At first, I was relieved to know it wasn’t me but my relief was short-lived. I worried about our future if my husband and I would never have a physically intimate relationship.
- When I voiced my concern, she told me there is nothing to worry and that this can be treated easily. Further, she suggested a herbal supplement, and consultaed Dr. Vikas nagi that she had heard of from someone she knew that helped greatly. I was happy to know that it was completely safe and natural as that was my biggest concern.
- When I went home that evening I gathered my courage and raised this topic with my husband. He admitted that he felt our physical relationship was lacking, but that he just didn’t have the sexual appetite that his peers often bragged about. I spoke to him about Dr. Nagi ayurveda clinic and after confirming that its medicine are completely natural and devoid of side-effects, he decided to try.
- I am so pleased to say that the ayurveda medicine worked well. Soon after he started the tablets, I started noticing slight changes in his behaviour. He started being the one to initiate our physical relations as well as take an interest in sex. He even mentioned that he started noticing a change in his energy levels. Apart from our physical life, these supplements also helped my husband feel better about himself thus helping our overall relationship.
- Sexual dysfunction in any partner can be embarrassing to talk about, but for men it often becomes a matter of pride and ego causing the issue to go unresolved. This can lead to sexual tension and problems in the marriage later on. If your husband is facing this issue, don’t be nervous, but talk to him about it gently. Remind him that it is a common concern faced by many be there with him. Had I not spoken up maybe I would never have known about Dr. Nagi which could have greatly impacted our relationship. Today, i’m relieved to say my husband and I are very much in love and that by addressing this issue, it is only strengthened our bond further.
Ear pain is simply over treated or under treated. Mostly it is treated over the counter using some antibiotic ear drops. But the adverse effects of this treatment, patients don't realize. Then what to do? so if you have ear pain, do a otoscopic examination and then see for any perforation in the ear drum and then treat accordingly. Sometimes a boil in the ear canal may produce ear pain. If a patient is a diabetic, then malignant otitis externa to be kept in mind.
Any festival is the time to celebrate. Yes, even the food you eat. Any occasion should not be feared, felt guilty about or stressed on( as to how we can lose weight or detox ourselves before the celebrations). Instead of focusing on how we may end up bingeing or overeating, why not think how we can ‘be' and ‘continue to be’ on a healthy, sensible eating plan not only before or after the celebrations but during as well. Diwali is the time to give, share and celebrate that giving and sharing, so what's more better than giving your body the nourishment it needs and it will in return share health with you.
Here are some healthy eating tips you can celebrate with-
1. Don't try to go on some fast or detox or weight loss, crash diet in preparation for Diwali. Know that the moment you go off it or let go- it will just be down hill all the way with your weight going up for sure. Instead, stay on a sustainable diet or eating plan and you can enjoy your Diwali meals in the right amount and portion. Then eating the karanji for a snack will not push the scales.
2. Avoid eating out of any emotion, be it guilt, vengeance or too much freedom. This means any celebration should not make you guilty nor should you consider it a time where you can allow yourself to eat like there's no tomorrow and it's also not to overeat because you are justifying all the pre Diwali restrictions. A good diet followed before Diwali will ensure that you eat without guilt, within the right amount and enjoy it.
3. Exercise is good not only before or after but also during Diwali. If you are not hitting the gym, it's okay. At least try and manage 30 minutes of stretching, yoga or walking at home. This will prepare your body to avoid any disruptions to the digestive process.
4. Avoid staying empty stomach especially on waking up. A fruit or dry fruits are a good option to wake up on. This helps to prepare the body to digest the Diwali foods you intend to have.
5. Avoid the fat- free, low fat, low cholesterol versions of any food. These labels make you believe they are healthy and okay to beinge on. Instead eat the sweets or snacks made in the traditional way, preferably at home/home made, which will make you eat it in a more portioned manner with the benefits of the natural nutrition of the foods.
6. Don't leave home on an empty stomach when visiting family or friends. This way you won't be ravenously hungry and you won't end up clearing the entire plate of sweets or snacks served to you.
7. Try to eat smaller portions of a sweet or a snack and distribute it throughout the day. So, have the halwa or laddoo in the evening at snack time, rather than nibbling on it through the day. This will help you stay full and not keep craving for the sweet throughout the day.
8. If you plan to have a late night party, try to have a small light meal before you leave for the party. You can then later have small amount of the meal at the party. This way you break up your dinner into two parts, thereby avoiding overeating late into the night.
9. Avoid alcohol on an empty stomach. Eat your dinner after the drink.
10. Stay hydrated throughout the day. Including lime water or jeera water is helpful for digestion as well as avoid the bloating and acidity.
Remember, if you have prepared your body to eat right and sensibly as well as stay active way before any occasion- you can enjoy the festivities without the guilt and stress of eating.
Milk is an important part of our diet. We begin drinking it when we are young, but our intake decreases as we get older. Some people shy away from it because they fear that it will add too much fat to their diet. Others leave it out because they believe that they no longer need it. You are never too old to reap the rewards of drinking milk. It is a great source of vitamins and nutrients, and it has several health benefits, such as:
1. Glowing Skin
Cleopatra took milk baths to help her skin stay soft, supple and glowing. You can do the same, or you can drink a few glasses of whole milk each day to get its benefits. Milk has several nutrients which help skin look its best. It has lactic acid which can act as an exfoliant and enzymes to help smooth skin. It also has amino acids that help keep skin moisturized. Milk can help prevent damage from environmental toxins because it has antioxidants. However, if you have a sensitivity to milk or dairy products, milk can actually aggravate your skin.
2. Healthy Bones and Teeth
Milk is a great source of calcium, which is essential for healthy bones. Not only do young children need it while their bones are growing, but adults need it to keep their bones strong and to prevent osteoporosis. Milk is also great for strong teeth, and it helps prevent tooth decay and cavities. In order for the calcium to be absorbed by the body, vitamin D must be present. If you have a vitamin D deficiency, buy milk that is fortified with extra vitamin D to ensure that your body absorbs the calcium.
Milk contains protein, which helps to rebuild muscles. Drink a glass of milk after you exercise to give your body what it needs to recover. It will help to keep soreness at bay while replenishing fluids that you lost during your workout.
4. Weight Loss
Studies show that women who drink low-fat or skim milk lose more weight than those who exclude milk from their diet. It is a great appetizer and it makes a healthy snack. Add a glass to your dinner, or drink a glass while eating a piece of fruit.
5. Healthy Body
Milk has properties that lower high blood pressure and risk of strokes. It reduces the liver's production of cholesterol, and it can act as an antacid. Vitamins A and B in milk can help build good eyesight. Milk has also been show to help lower risk of certain cancers.
There are several varieties of milk on the market, such as whole, 2%, low-fat and fat free. If you are concerned about the growth hormones used in milk, choose to go the organic route. With all of the types of milk available, you should be able to find something that fits your diet and nutritional needs.
What is An Allergy or Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis?
An allergy is an exaggerated immune response to substances (allergens) that are generally not harmful, such as tree or grass pollen, molds, pet dander, food or dust mites. Your immune system overreacts to these allergens by producing antibodies called Immunoglobulin E (IgE). IgE antibodies travel to cells and release certain chemicals that cause allergy symptoms. Seasonal allergic rhinitis is also called 'hay fever' or 'allergic rhinitis'. Rhinitis is another word for stuffy or runny nose. Other symptoms, such as a scratchy throat, cough, sneezing, and red and itchy eyes are also common with seasonal allergies.
When Does Hay Fever Most Frequently Occur?
Allergies that occur throughout the year (perennial allergic rhinitis) are often due to a year-round sensitivity to animal dander, dust mites or cockroaches. Seasonal allergic rhinitis, or hay fever, most often occurs in the spring and fall seasons.
Trees, grasses and ragweed release airborne pollen during spring and summer, while concentrations of mold spores are higher in summer and fall. An individual’s specific hay fever season is fairly predictable and may occur year after year.
How Do I Know Which Allergy I Have?
A doctor can evaluate your allergy, help pinpoint the most likely cause, and advise on the most appropriate treatment. Your doctor will check your family history of allergies, ask about specific symptoms and when they occur, and question you about other allergy-related disorders, such as asthma, hives or eczema. Your nose, eyes and throat will be checked during a physical exam.
Pinpointing the actual allergy may be easy in those with a predictable response to a given substance. In others, a blood test or referral to a specialist may be needed.
Is There Any Way to Prevent Hay Fever?(PREVENTION)
Yes! One way to help prevent allergies is to stay away from the allergen, but in many cases, this is not practical or possible.
1)staying indoors as much as possible during the allergy season,
2) keeping doors and windows closed,
3)using the dryer to dry clothes, and cooling the house down with an air conditioner may help.
4) Wear a face mask if you can't avoid yard work or ask somebody to do it for you.
5) Always shower and wash your hair before bedtime to remove any pollen that may have accumulated on your skin and hair during the day.
6)The use of HEPA filters in the home to trap particles such as pollen and dust can also be effective.
How HOMOEOPATHY is Available For Allergy Prevention?
HOMOEOPATHY do wonders in allergy.
- Histamine – allergic to dust, strong perfumes
- Natrum Mur – allergic to bread; acidic food
- Kali Bich – allergic to beer; malt liquor
- Sepia – allergic to warm boiled milk
- Hepar Sulph – allergic to cod liver oil
- Carbo Veg – Allergic to aspirin; bad liquors, salt butter, bad eggs, poultry items
- Sulphur – allergic to antibiotic
- Bryonia – allergic to castor oil
- Nux Vom – allergic to coffee
- Apis Mel – allergic to heat
- Arsenic Album -Allergic to cold drinks; fruits; rotten foods, iodine
- Dulcamara – allergic to dampness
- Ailanthus – allergic to smell of flowers
- Thuja – allergic to sweets; fatty meats, onion
- Argentum nit – allergic to sugar
- Tellurium – allergic to rice
- Petrolium – allergic to cabbage
- Nitri-spiritus dulcus – allergic to cheese
- Justicia adhatoda – allergic to dust; coryza with profuse nasal discharge and sneezing in the evening.
What to do to get lighter skin. And remove Tan. Is it possible to grow hair on forehead which I lose because of dandruff.
The prostate gland, an essential part of the male reproductive system grows throughout your life. As you grow older, it becomes imperative to keep this organ healthy.
Here's what you can do to maintain a healthy prostate:
1. Workout to stay fit - Exercising regularly and maintaining an optimum weight can help to keep your prostate gland at an optimal health. Several types of research have revealed the beneficial aspects of exercising. It's said that physically active men are less likely to suffer from enlarged prostate if they performed a physical activity of low to moderate intensity. Likewise, physically active men who ran for 90 to 108 minutes are 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
2. Eat fruits and vegetables - Including fruits and vegetables in your diet can help to maintain a healthy prostate. Guava, papaya, tomato and watermelon are some of the options that spell good for your prostate. Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts should also be included to boost the health of the gland. Ideally, you should have about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
3. Have more soy products - Eating more soy products like tofu, soy flour, soy nuts can help to keep cancer of the prostate at bay. A study published in the British Journal of Urology International revealed that men who had soy products saw a 40% decrease in their risk of developing an enlarged prostate.
4. Have selenium-rich foods - Having foods rich in selenium (a powerful trace mineral) like tuna, eggs, cashews, onions, garlic, etc can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
5. Say yes to healthy fats and no to trans and saturated fats - Choosing healthy fats like avocados, nuts, and olive oil can aid in boosting prostate health. At the same time, limiting saturated fats and trans fat intake are vital for keeping the prostate gland healthy.
Stretching is very important for your well-being. Not only does it help you become more agile and flexible, it helps you become better at sports and also makes sure that you have fewer injuries when you are playing sports. Here are some exercises, which are guaranteed to make sure that your flexibility will improve:
1. The runner's stretch
In this stretch, put your right foot forward and then try to touch the floor with your fingertips. If your fingers do not reach the floor, place them as far down as possible. You have to then inhale, and go back to your starting position.
2. The standing side stretch
This stretch starts when you are standing straight upwards with your arms raised above your head and your fingers interlocked. When you breathe out you have to slowly bend your upper body to the right then return to the starting position. After you have reached the starting position, you inhale again and after you have inhaled, you have to stretch your upper body to the left.
3. The forward hang
In this stretch, your starting position is when you stand with your legs apart and then you lock your fingers together and place them behind your back. Once this is done, you breathe in. After breathing in, you have to exhale by bending forward and keeping your hands interlocked above your head. You have to hold this position for 5 seconds.
4. The low lunge arch
This stretch involves bringing your right leg as forward as possible and then lowering your left knee onto the floor. You then have to lock your hands together with your palms facing the floor and your hands in front of your body. You then have to inhale for the stretch. The stretch involves lifting your arms as far up as possible and then stretching as far back as possible keeping your legs in the position they were already in. Once you have finished this exercise, you have to do the exact same thing with the left leg in front.
Migraine is the most severe forms of headaches. Migraine attacks usually include nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity to light along with the severe headaches, which are sometimes unbearable. If faced with this condition, there is only one way out to suffer through it, though pain medications do help manage the pain.
Being such a common condition, there is constant research being done about how to help people deal with migraines. In addition to popping pain killers, there is more than what a person can do to reduce the pain.
- Identify the triggers: Those who have had migraine for a while would know what triggers the attack. Whether it is chocolates or eggs, get to know what can induce an attack, and if possible, stay away from it.
- Stick to a schedule: Whether it is in terms of food or sleep, try and develop a routine and follow it.
- Physical workout: Develop an exercise regime to cover at least 30 minutes of physical exercise. Most people see a dramatic difference with a regular exercise routine.
- Bid goodbye to smoking: If you are a smoker, work at quitting this habit. It is one of the known triggers and also aggravates regular headaches.
- Stress management: Whether you are going through physical or emotional stress, migraine attacks can become more frequent and severe. Manage physical stress by not sitting at the same location for prolonged periods and by doing small exercises to relax the shoulders, knees, and jaws. For emotional stress, identify what helps you relax and follow it. While deep breathing works for some, for others, it could be music. Whatever your relaxation technique may be, ensure that you follow it. Work on improving relationships that stress you out. A regular exercise routine and sleep pattern also helps in reducing physical stress.
Despite these methods, migraine attacks do happen. Follow the next few steps when you know you are getting an attack.
- Stop your regular activities and find a calm environment for yourself. Let this place have less of light and sound as they can aggravate migraines.
- Sleep if you are able to.
- Go for a warm bath if possible.
- Try hot or cold compresses, which can numb the senses and reduce the pain.
- Have a caffeinated beverage as this will provides relief. Do not have it in excess as you will have hangover effects from the caffeine.
- Use only those medications that were prescribed by your doctor. Do not experiment.
- Lifestyle changes including exercise, diet, and stress management play a vital role in dealing with migraines.
Masturbation is rarely discussed, even amongst the closest of friends. Even though this is a normal part of human sexuality, society frowns on it and young people are often taught to avoid masturbation. Lack of knowledge and opportunities to talk about it have given rise to a number of myths on this subject. Let's take a look at a few of them.
Masturbation can damage the genitals
Touching your genitals is very unlikely to damage them. The sex organs are designed to withstand friction and hence are very tough organs. The maximum damage that can be caused by masturbation is a little chafing. Using lubricant can prevent this from occurring.
It causes health problems
Pleasuring yourself is the ultimate form of safe sex. There is no way for you to catch an STD or for it to cause any sort of mental health problem. The only risks involved are allergic reactions to lubricants or toys and a feeling of guilt or shame due to societal pressure.
It lowers the chances of you having an orgasm during sex
Masturbation does not reduce your sex drive or prevent you from having orgasms. Many people also claim that women get addicted to vibrators and cannot enjoy sex without them. However, there is no truth behind this.
Masturbation is akin to cheating
Single people as well as people in committed relationships masturbate. While it can lead to problems in a relationship depending on your partner's views about it, it does not amount to cheating on him or her.
It can cause blindness
Blindness is the most outrageous myth associated with self-induced orgasms. Till date, there has not been a medical case to prove it.
It causes infertility
Pleasuring yourself does not reduce your chances of getting pregnant or getting someone else pregnant. However, for men with a low sperm count, restricting ejaculations while trying to get their partner pregnant is a good idea. The only way masturbation can lead to infertility is if partners who share sex toys do not
keep them clean and pass on STDs through them.
Only men masturbate
Men and women across the world masturbate.
Eating certain foods can help control the urge to masturbate
Pleasuring yourself is normal and not affected by what you eat or do not eat.
It is only for young people
Men and women of all ages can enjoy self-induced orgasms. This does not have any adverse effects on your health.
HIV infection and AIDS (commonly referred to as HIV/AIDS) are caused by the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV). HIV is transmitted sexually and through exchange of body fluids, such as blood. The HIV attacks our defense system (immune system) giving opportunity to many illnesses to attack the body. These infections (called opportunistic infections) range from common cold and diarrhea to life-threatening illnesses including uncommon pneumonias and cancers. The type, range and intensity of opportunistic infections vary with the severity of the HIV infection and the extent to which our immunity is compromised.
AIDS is the last stage disorder of the HIV infection. Though there is no complete cure for the HIV-infection till date - despite thousands of scientists across the world working on it, spending countless hours of research involving billions of dollars - there has been tremendous progress in medicare improving the quality of life of the HIV-infected, in extending their life-span to almost normal levels and in preventing mother-child transmission.
The key factors in extending the life-span, and in keeping good immunity and good health are
- balanced and nutritious diet
- regular physical exercise
- correct, consistent and lifelong use of the prescribed medicines
- periodic medical checkups
- staying psychologically positive and strong
- good family support and
- good lifestyle habits.
The last one involves maintaining good personal hygiene, avoiding smoking (active as well as passive), alcohol, recreational drugs, unhygienic and disease-prone environments and sedentary life style. Those who follow these will guidelines certainly have better prognoses.
A nutritious diet is of utmost importance to the HIV-infected, as adequate nutrition contributes to the development of the immune system, prevents malnutrition and wasting, achieves and maintains optimal body weight and strength, enhances the body’s ability to fight opportunistic infections, helps delay the progression of HIV, improves the effectiveness of drug treatments, and improves the quality of life.
- Ensure that the food contains adequate macronutrients, that is, carbohydrates, proteins and fat, otherwise the patient may end up with - protein-energy malnutrition, manifesting itself in the weight loss and wasting that is typical of AIDS patients.
- As per WHO, an HIV-infected person has additional nutrient requirements: 10-15 percent additional energy intake and 50 to 100 percent increase in protein intake as compared to a non HIV-infected person.
- Consuming micronutrients (especially Vitamins A, B6 and B12, iron and zinc) is important for building a strong immune system and fighting infections.
- Try and maintain a daily diet containing rice/roti, vegetables, legumes, and fruits which provide you energy and micronutrients. Choose foods that are low in saturated fat, trans fat, and cholesterol.
- Eat at least two servings of fish each week. Oily fish, which contain omega-3 fatty acids, are best. If you cannot eat fish, you can also get omega-3 fats from omega-3 eggs, walnuts, flax seeds.
- Better avoid fast foods.
The bones and muscles tend to get worn with age and other conditions. Osteoporosis is a condition described by a reduction in bone thickness. Bones tend to become weak and fragile in this condition. The most common consequence of osteoporosis is fractures. Osteoporosis does not cause signs or side effects until it has reached an advanced state. Certain signs and symptoms of osteoporosis include:
- Back pain
- Loss of growth after some time
- A stooped stance
- Crack of the vertebra, wrist, hip or other bone
Homeopathy has been a very beneficial modus operandi in the campaign against Osteoporosis. Homeopathic remedies will not reverse existing bone loss, but can help control pain, will slow down or stop further bone loss, can promote stability and healing.
Homeopathic remedies will allow the essential minerals and nutrients to be absorbed more efficiently, thus, further preventing bone fractures, or accelerating healing of any existing fractures by strengthening the bones.
Homeopathic constitutional approach takes into account a patient’s characteristic symptoms, their overall physical and mental condition and understands the way a person’s body reacts to Osteoporosis.
The purpose of Homeopathic approach is to vitalize the body’s natural healing and self-repair ability to create the highest state of health and well-being.
The aim and objective of Homoeopathic management can be achieved by:
- Dietary intake of intake of calcium required by body.
- Correction of intake of calcium apart forms food to regulate the daily requirement of calcium.
- Correction of intestinal absorption of calcium.
- Correction of assimilation of calcium channels in body by constitutional approach.
- Exercise, in the form of light exercises and/or meditation.
- Therapeutic correction in case the above criteria fail or partially improve the patient.
Various homeopathic prescriptions are accessible to cure bone loss and keep up bone mass. They tend to get rid of the condition from its roots and prevent it from happening in the future. These include:
- Symphytum Officinale: It is the best homeopathic solution for treating fractures in osteoporosis. This homeopathic cure helps in joining the cracked bone proficiently. Fractures, where patients complain of a prickling pain in the fractured area, can be significantly soothed by giving this regular homeopathic treatment. This common homeopathic medicine can likewise help in decreasing irritability of the fracture.
- Ruta Graveolens: It is yet another very effective homeopathic cure used for the treatment of fractures in osteoporosis. Whenever a bone gets broken, the ligaments and tendons of bones that surround it additionally get harmed. It is in this circle where homeopathic medicine Ruta Graveolans demonstrates its great impact. This regular solution helps in mending torn ligaments and tendons.
- Hypericum Perforatum: It is yet another helpful natural homeopathic solution that can be used with certainty for the excruciating pain in the back because of crushed nerves in the middle of harmed vertebral bones.
- Calcarea Phosphorica: Calcarea phosphorica is a very effective medication used in homeopathic treatment of the curvature of the spine and flow of blood in patients of osteoporosis. It is mostly given to those patients who have a weak spine and delicate bones, which cause the curvature and stop the flow of blood.
- Phosphorus: Phosphorus can also give the best results in curing the curvature and flow of blood in patients of osteoporosis. If blazing sensation in spine remains along with the curvature, this treatment is the most effective. This regular homeopathic cure is also valuable for pain and weakness in the spine.
- Calcarea Fluorica: It is a brilliant solution for osteoporosis patients who complain of pain in the back, which is more painful while resting and better when walking or doing some physical exercise.
- Syphilinum and Fluoric Acid: These are homeopathic prescriptions that can be used as a part of homeopathic treatment of osteoporosis where the pain occurs in the long bones and is more painful during the night.
- Sulfur: It is used for those patients of osteoporosis who have an arch in the spine and walk and sit in a stooping position.
Lack of sleep can make you feel tired, worn-out and less productive the next day. However, it might not be your fault entirely because the brain tends to become active when the body is at rest, which could be a reason why you aren’t getting enough sleep at night.
Here are a few tips which might be useful for you to sleep at night:
Keep your room dark: Even the faintest light from your mobile is enough to disrupt your sleep. Thus, try and switch off all your lights and gadgets before going to sleep. If doing that doesn’t help either, use an eye mask to keep the light out.
Carefully select your dinner: Don’t go to bed hungry or overstuffed because either of them might cause discomfort while sleeping and lead to a disruption in your sleep. Also, limit your alcohol consumption at night to refrain from making numerous trips to the washroom. Avoid consuming nicotine and caffeine before going to bed as they take a long time to wear off and can cause havoc in your sleep routine.
Don’t exercise before going to bed: Exercising daily is a necessity as it keeps your body healthy and in shape, but exercising right before going to bed can be disruptive as it might make you more pumped up due to the adrenaline rush. Thus, you should avoid exercising heavily right before going to bed.
Plug out all your devices: Create a technology free zone by plugging out all your devices one hour prior to your usual sleep time. The blue light radiated from your devices can trick your brain into believing that it is daylight and cause a disruption in circadian rhythm (which is an ongoing 24-hour physiological process which is regulated by external factors such as sunlight and temperature).
Consume snooze food: Certain food items can be classified as snooze foods as they ensure better sleep at night. Warm milk contains ‘tryptophan’ which is a precursor to melatonin (hormone that is responsible for the onset of sleep) and ensures better sleep or you could have a spoon of honey which releases ‘orexin’ (a chemical that affects wakefulness and appetite) that reduces alertness levels.
Migraines are characteristically throbbing, intrusive and sometimes, prolonged headache accompanied by sensitivity to sound and light and the feeling of nausea. They are fairly common and usually treatable with home remedies and allopathic drugs. The word migraine has been derived from another word ‘hemicranias’ which means one sided headache. Headaches resulting from migraines tend to occur in episodes rather than being regular. Additionally, the intensity of a migraine will also vary with some attacks being very severe while other attacks will be a lot more moderate.
The pain is often accompanied by nausea or vomiting. Homeopathy may play an efficient role in the treatment of migraines. Homeopathic medicines are prescribed based on the type, duration and intensity of the migraine attacks and are most often helpful in their treatment.
Homeopathy aims to cure the headache from its very root without attracting side effects. Some of the common homeopathic medicines include:
- Belladonna: This is one of the most common homeopathic drugs prescribed for migraines. This medicine aims to cure the throbbing character of the migraine in the temporal region, which is further induced by light and sound.
- Spigelia: This is useful to treat headaches arising from the left hemisphere of the brain that is fairly common among individuals experiencing migraines. Additionally, there would be an occurrence of severe pain in the eyeballs which might be worsened by excess movement of the eyes.
- Glonoinum: This medicine works fairly well with congestive headaches which are accompanied by a constant feeling of blood rushing to the head. You might also feel shocks in your head.
- Sanguinaria Canadensis: This is prescribed in case of headaches that form from the back of the skull and settle prominently in the right hemisphere of the skull. The eyes also tend to throb; another symptom that is remedied by the use of this medicine.
- Natrum Muriaticum: this is usually prescribed to women who complain of their migraines worsening during their menses. The headaches can be accompanied by temporary loss of vision.
Your good intention during intercourse might be to give your partner an intense orgasm, but orgasms aren’t something one can “give”. All you can do is make the conditions more favorable for the other person to have them by manipulating your moves.
Here are six ways in which you can orgasm better:
- Don’t skip the foreplay: Just like it is not a good idea to run a marathon without sufficient warm up, it isn’t advisable to skip or shorten the foreplay. Explore and find out and choose the right kinds of foreplay that take the arousal to great heights. Oral sex, clitoral stimulation and self-stimulation during sex are incredible in achieving a better climax.
- Experiment with edging: Try what we call 'edging'. That is, bring yourself close to climax, then stop short of reaching climax, and after a pause a few seconds, rebuild your arousal – again just close to climax. Repeat this until you can't hold any more and then come! The resulting orgasm is very intense and worth the effort.
- Try sex toys: Once in a while let a sex toy join the fun. Sex toys are useful in maximizing the pleasure levels during intercourse or solo.
- Use a lubricant: Don’t think that a lube just addresses the vaginal dryness and painful intercourse. Research shows that as many as 50% women get better orgasms when they use lubricants. The lubrication adds sensitivity to the genitals and helps get good orgasms.
- Target the C-spot: A lot of women have problems in getting orgasms during intercourse as the clitoris isn’t stimulated enough. The clitoris has the maximum number of nerve endings and during intercourse, clitoral contact is needed for most women to reach orgasm. Tip: Try out woman-on top, side-to-side and doggy style positions for clitoral stimulation. There are many more options too.
- Do not overlook the testes: Stroking your sack upwards right before getting an orgasm adds more power to the orgasms in men. The testes are tremendous pleasure points for a man and gently stroking them is useful in heightening the arousal which leads to a stronger orgasm. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
According to Ayurveda, ‘Jwara’ or fever refers to the irregularities of body temperature. In majority of the cases, there is reduced heat in the GIT (gastrointestinal tract) and an increased temperature in the external body. Fever might be a symptom of a disease or can be a disease in itself. According to Ayurveda, fever happens because of an imbalance in the following doshas:
Fever Management Rules
Light food or fasting is advised at the early stage of fever. This helps in drawing away heat from the external parts nd shifts it to the center. You should drink warm water in all fevers, except Pitta fever. Doing so balances the stomach heat. Warm liquid foods that include sago or barley should be consumed. Vegetable soup help as well, but astringent foods should be avoided at the early stages of the fever. During the early fever stages, antipyretic medications are to be avoided. These medicines reduce the stomach’s temperature and by doing so, render the Ayurvedic treatment redundant as the GIT’s heat is lowered.
General fever treatment therapies
- Sudarshana Choorna should be taken twice daily and about 2 grams should suffice. This ‘Choorna’ can be taken along with any of the above mentioned treatments.
- Vasaka leaf is another simple remedy for treating fever. It should be mixed with ‘Shukti Bhasma’ (10%) and should be taken twice daily in 2 gram doses.
- Ginger tea is another remedy that always turns out to be comforting and is of great value. Consume a concoction made by adding half a teaspoon of fennel seeds, cinnamon, ginger powder and a little clove to a hot cup of water helps. The herbs should be soaked for about 10 minutes. They should be filtered afterwards before drinking the tea. It should be kept in mind that both ginger and aspirin dilute the blood. Thus, ginger tea should be avoided for two hours after consuming aspirin.
- Fasting for about a day is advised for fever without any other symptom as the body gets rid of toxins. A strict diet regimen should be followed after consulting a doctor. Steamed vegetables without spices are recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.