Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vivekananda M
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Vivekananda MYour feedback matters!
Last year I went through MTP. Since then my weight has been increasing. In between I had an accident in which I had brain hemorrhage so I was on medicine for 3-4 continuously. I also had irregular mensuration. So I want to ask that my weight is due to hormonal changes after MTP or is it medication effect after accident? Kindly help.
I am 47 years. I have a history of fall with minor head injury at the back while stepping down a staire. The ct image taken showed no problem. After one week a balance problem arose and the same corrected with evert tablet. Now after 8 months the same balance problem exists even after different medications. Body get weakened with fear.
Mere father 78 years ke hai. Feb 2013 se left side paralysis hai. Unki jab gale me lagi trevky nikali gaye tab se aaj tak unko cough ke problem hai. Kai bar infection cough ka ya urine ka hua hai aur antibiotics medicine bi le hai. 15 din phele inhai fever hua tha starting. 5-102 doctors ko dikhya tha 5 days medicine le this. Aaj phir se vahi fever hai sir starting. 5-100. 4. Kya yeh pneumonia hai ko aur koi ka fever hai. Please any one advice me and test karvani hai. Please advice immediately.
My father is 60 years old have paralysis in last 02years ago. Now he is not able to move anywhere. Now he is taking medicine only amlovas at. Pls guide me what can I do.
Meri mummy ko Kuch saal se leg pain raheta tha or walk karne me dikat hoti tha doctor ne symptoms Dekh Kar Parkinson bataya h lekin MRI (Brain) or CT scan me Sab normal h to phir doc Parkinson Kyo bata rahe h. please tell me ki mri ke bases par Parkinson pata Chal sakta h ki nahi.
On 6th sep 14. I had meet with an accident. And cut my median nurver. Ulnar nerver and ulnar arty. After surgery im facing tingling nd numbess in figure. Frm last 7 month and 2nd surgery was done 15th april 15. Ffor carpel tunnal release. But I am facing same problem. Please guide.
If a mother has seizures is there any possibly that even child could have the same after birth? And what difficulties or problem will the fetus have during pregnancy when the mother have epilepsy during her pregnancy? mainly in the first trimester?
Hi I am 57 years old male. Undergone bypass in apr 2007 at delhi heart and lungs institute. In aug 1999 gal bladder and cyst over pancreas was removed at sir ganga ram hospital. Sugar wef 2004. Presently, taking medicines as under:-glimysave m2 forte (one each in morning and evening), zivast 10, ziram 5, ceruvin a 75+75 and betaloc 25 (one tablet each at night). Feeling tiredness and thakaan. Pairon aur taange sunn ho rahi hai. Kindly advice me.
Resp Sir, My wife is suffering very badly from Migraine problem since last 20 yrs. MRI was normal. Pl suggest any homeopathy medicine for the same. Also guide what things not to do. Thanx.
Hello sir. I'm suffering from insomnia since 2014. I'm not able to concentrate on studies. Due to this problem. I'm preparing for competitive exams. Daily around 4 am I'm sleeping. This effect will shown on the exams. Pls provide me any medicine or yours valuable advice.
I am suffering from migraine. Pain was intolerable. After 2 or 3 days I got migraine attack. One side of my head pain alot.
My daughter is 2 years 11 months old. Her weight is between 10 to 11 kgs. She is having problem of febrile seizure. Her doctor suggested us that we have to take care of her fever for 5 years. She is having viral from 28th may evening and m giving her crocine syrup but till today she is having fever. Is it fine to give her crocine or should I go for a blood test.
Sleep is the most essential part of our lives because it is the time when our body gets rejuvenated and recharged. However, due to numerous reasons, quite a few individuals fail to achieve proper sleep or any sleep at all. This condition in which a person is unable to sleep at night can be termed as insomnia.
Causes of insomnia
There can be varied reasons for different people that can cause insomnia.
- Unhealthy lifestyle i.e. improper sleep cycle, improper food habits, untimely naps, substance abuse etc.
- Medical conditions like sinus allergies, gastrointestinal problems, endocrine problems, arthritis, asthma, neurological condition like Parkinson’s disease, chronic back pain etc.
- Psychological conditions like depression and anxiety
- Certain medications aimed to cure other health problems
In case of the treatable medical reasons, insomnia is gone once the problem is treated. However, for people who have no idea as to why they suffer from insomnia, here are certain tips that can help in fighting it.
Lifestyle changes to cure insomnia
Starting with a significant lifestyle change can be a great way to change one’s sleep cycles and get a good night’s sleep.
- Maintain a proper and healthy diet, with more fruits and vegetables and less carbs and fat.
- Try to sleep and wake up at the same time everyday (despite the fact that you may not feel sleepy). This will train the body and regulate the body clock.
- Avoid afternoon naps or any short naps during the day.
- Exercise daily for at least 30 minutes.
- Avoid caffeine as it has contains properties that keeps a person up for long hours.
- Avoid intake of alcohol and nicotine. Although alcohol is associated with fun and partying, it is actually a depressant and causes improper sleep.
- Avoid any meal right before bed time.
Tips that can help
- Take a good, warm shower right before sleep.
- Ask your partner to give you a nice massage before bedtime.
- Restrict bed activities to sleep and sex only, nothing more.
- Make a really comfortable and inviting sleep environment.
- Try and get rid of all your worries before going to bed.
- Reduce stress using a number of stress reduction therapies like meditation, deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation techniques, etc. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.