Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Bariatricians in India. You will find Bariatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Bariatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashwini Kumar
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwini KumarYour feedback matters!
Just want to ask about my weight. I was around 88 kgs and lost around 20 kgs. I am right now 67 kgs. There is fat around my waist. What should I do to remove it completely.
Now I am 39 My body weight 80 kgs -My belly was fat. I want reduce the belly. As I am teacheralways sitting in the chair and taking theclasses.
My age is 32, I need to reduce my weight (fat in stomach). What type of exercise I have to do to refuse weight, and tell about diet in food.
My mother is suffering from knee pains. She is of 58 and is overweight (120 kg). The doctors advice for knee replacement. How many chances r there for successful knee replacement as she is overweight?
Im a 23 year old with a thyroid and pcod problem. I want to badly lose weight but unable to because of my huge appetite And sedan try lifestyle.
My belly fat us got increased too much and body getting thin. Give me some advice to reduce belly fat in less time.
Im getting fat day by day. I eat a balanced diet. Also go to jym. But no improvement is there. What should I do?
I have a desk job and in the last 2 years, my weight has gone up from 75 kgs to 85 kgs. I want to lose weight. Please help.
I weight is increasing consistently, and not able to control. Fat deposition are mainly on arms and tummy.
The last few decades have seen obesity has grown as the new social evil. One of the major culprits is the reduced physical activity and sedentary lifestyle that has become the norm. It is therefore not surprising that weight loss is on everybody's personal goals. In a lot of cases, ironically, the methods and techniques have involved turning the clock back, what was being done a couple of decades ago. Let us look at using stairs for example. From an engineering point of view, elevators and escalators were a major focus area in the 1900s and 2000s. However, now, stair designs that are easy on the body are the highlight.
Let us look at some facts related to weight loss and climbing stairs. These should provide you sufficiently good reasons to start using the stairs next time when you have a choice.
- Fact 1: Climbing stairs help burn more calories per minute than jogging. It is declared as a 'vigorous exercise'.
- Fact 2: Climbing a step helps you burn about 0.2 calories and going down burns 0.05, so to burn 1 calorie, all you need to do is go up 5 steps or go down 20 steps.
- Fact 3: However, though the number of calories burned is less by going downstairs, the muscles and joints used for getting down stairs are different. Using stairs to go up and down should be regularly practiced.
- Fact 4: Climbing stairs require about 9 times more energy than sitting and about 7 times more energy than required to take the lift.
- Fact 5: For going up or down 3 to 4 flights of stairs, taking the stairs helps save about 15 minutes of valuable time (most of it waiting for the lift to arrive).
- Fact 6: Regular use of stairs safeguards you against heart disease, diabetes, muscle weakness and stroke.
- Fact 7: Endorphins are released when you climb stairs, which also induce a feeling of well-being.
- Fact 8: Overweight people burn more calories by climbing stairs.
- Fact 9: Taking one step at a time in more beneficial than taking two at a time. Calories are burned gradually, but more efficiently.
- Fact 10: Climbing stairs is eco-friendly as well, as it reduces carbon emissions. Just another reason why you should avoid the lift! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.