Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Visakhapatnam and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ravi Mohan
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi MohanYour feedback matters!
I am suffering with liver cancer and it is in the final stage. 1st four cycles of chemotherapy is scheduled after every 15 days. Two cycles of chemotherapy is already done. I read on the internet about Soupsop/ Graviola fruit. It is said to be more effective than chemotherapy and it is in demand for cancer patients nowadays. As per the internet articles and reviews it can be consumed simultaneously with chemotherapy. I want to know should I start consuming Soursop fruit juice or Soursop tea? What will be more effective juice or tea or both together? What is the consumption pattern/Dosage for the same? Can it be consumed simultaneously with chemotherapy? Thank You.
Squamous cell carcinoma cancer patient. The size of tumor is 0.4*0.3*0.2. Which stage is this? And what are the risk of this disease? How much time the patient spends?
Neck cancer refers to the formation of cancer cells in the throat or neck region of your body. Neck cancer is commonly seen in people above sixty years of age .But people above forty can also have the chances of getting neck cancer. Though the symptoms of neck cancer can vary from one person to the other,
Some of the common symptoms are stated as follows:
- Neck cancer affects the voice box, so a change in your voice can be noticed.
- Weight loss is also a symptom for neck cancer.
- A person suffering from neck cancer can also suffer from dysphagia or difficulty in swallowing.
- Sore throat in some cases can be considered as a symptom of neck cancer
- Bleeding from mouth or through your nose is also a common symptom for neck cancer.
- Ear pain in some cases is a symptom of neck cancer.
- Coughing persistently is also regarded as a symptom of neck cancer.
- Sometimes a lump in the neck is also noticed and it is usually painless.
- Some people also encounter breathing problem.
- In some cases a swelling of the neck, jaw or eyes can also be noticed.
Neck cancer involves certain risk factors too. Neck cancer can be treated in many ways. The following are few treatments available for neck cancer:
- Surgery: Your doctor can conduct a surgery for removing the tumors from your neck region. The doctor may decide to do either a microsurgery or laser treatment or endoscopy.
- Chemotherapy: If the tumor spreads to other regions or is large in size, then your doctor may recommend chemotherapy.
- Radiation: It is used to destroy the malignant cells. It is usually conducted after removing the tumor.
These three are the common treatments followed by doctors. Your doctor may also take help of other treatments like administering drugs to control the growth of cancer cells. But, sometimes treatments fail to work if the process of metastasis starts. So you should not ignore it, as soon as you encounter any of the symptoms stated above, visiting an oncologist is highly recommended.