Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Visakhapatnam and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pavan KumarYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I am 35 weeks pregnant and my back is paining I want support to sit. I can not stand more than 15 minutes .i want my baby normal and my stomach looks quite bigger .i m tensed reports are normal my ultrasound was ohkk. Now my last exam is left. I am tensed if I will not do work in home than my body will not be flexible for normal delivery suggest me some tips for normal delivery. It is bad pain why it happens .i can not sit without pillow. Well I used to do normal work washing clothes and walking but due to back pain I feel very uncomfortable pls s.
Hi I am suffering from lower back pain, thigh pain and calf pain my right area. I am working as IT professional. Seems like it is sciatica. Can u suggest some remedies which will cure it completely?
I have leg pain from few 3-4 days and now its too much whc medicine should I take to get relief from leg pain?
I am 36 yrs old and I have the problem of Slip Disk and having Sciatica pain from back to left leg from last 2 years. Is it curable. Please advice some exercise and medication.
Hi I am thirty two years old fron last three weeks I have back pain I am using ointment cream from last two weeks but its pf no use please help me for the cure.
I have psoriasis from last two years please help me to get rid of them all from body. And I have leg pain frm two months and there is fat all over body please help me to get rid all of them.
I injured my knee in an accident before 3 years. I treated it and didn't have any pain after 1 month so did not check for ligament tear. But now after 3 years I got pain at that region. What should I do?
I jump then my leg join is very pain because before 2 month I was played kabbadi and that time little accident happen so what I do.
My wife is having acute body pain. She is extra ordinary weak with black spots near the eyes. Bp always remain below normal ; hemoglobin remain 7-8. Thyroid i. E. Tsh is around 8.
I have been sitting at one place for 5hours and I am now suffering from back pain. What should be done to reduce the back pain soon?
I have a back ache problem. Whenever I lift a weight load my back aches. Please tell me the solution of these problem. Is there any natural way to solve it?
She have pain in knee whenever she sits on bed and then stand up can't able to walk how could she get better.
Mere pairon mein raat ko bahut Dard hota hai isliye Kuchh medicine bataye ya Kuch ilaj bataiye Please.
I am having back pain, and my life cycle is to work on computer up to 8 hrs. I am also lose my energy very quickly How to overcome this problem Thanks in advance.
I am 32 year old, I am listening sound from all my bone joints on all body. Please suggest what should I do ?
Fibromyalgia is a condition characterised by chronic widespread body pains and increased responsiveness to pressure. Women are at a higher risk of suffering from this disorder than men. Fibromyalgia can be treated with physiotherapy, pharmacotherapy and combined efforts of physician and the patient.
Some of the symptoms that characterize this disorder are:
- Pain: Fibromyalgia is characterized by pain that has no apparent reason. It can affect different parts of the body and presents itself in different ways. Some people may experience a stabbing pain while others complain of a persistent dull ache. This pain may be affected by climate changes or stressful situations. There is reduced threshold to pain, because of certain chemical ( neurotransmitters) abnormalities in brain. Pain is generalized, felt above and below the waist, right and left-side of body, arms, legs, neck and back.
- Abnormal Sensitivity: Fibromyalgia patients are extremely sensitive to environmental changes that involve sight, sound and smell. For example, cigarette smoke can make a fibromyalgia patient extremely nauseous while loud music can give the person an instant headache. Lights that are brighter than normal can also make such a person feel uncomfortable. Patients have an abnormal sensitivity to pain, which leads to generalized aching of the body and tender points.
- Muscle & Joint Stiffness: Fibromyalgia patients often experience stiff muscles and joints without any form of strenuous activity or other reason. This may be localised to one group of muscles or affect the whole body. For some patients, this pain is worse in the morning or when sitting for extended periods of time. However, moving around does not provide any significant relief.
- Chronic Fatigue and Exhaustion: There are two main reasons for a Fibromyalgia patient to complain of tiredness. Firstly, the condition itself drains a person of energy even without overexerting themselves. Secondly, the pain and joint stiffness can hamper a person’s sleep and lead to sleep deprivation. Over time, this can become a vicious cycle of tiredness and insomnia. Chronic fatigue also affects a person’s immune system causing his or her energy levels to drop.
- Cognitive Impairments: Fibromyalgia patients also complain of a compromised short term memory. They often face difficulties recalling names of people they have recently met or other newly acquired information. These people may also have trouble concentrating on tasks for extended periods of time and experience mental sluggishness also known as fibro-fog.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Bowel disturbance is another common symptom of this disease. Passing stool may become difficult due to a combination of pain and muscle stiffness. With time, this problem can worsen unless addressed with laxatives. However, an over-dependence on laxatives can lead to further problems.
Apart from pain, patient experiences unrefreshing sleep and fatigue throughout the day. Other associated features can be depression, abdominal cramps, chest pain, tingling.
Lab Tests: Fibromyalgia is a clinical diagnosis. There are no definite laboratory tests. In fact, most conducted tests will turn out to be normal.
Treatment: Foremost important is an education of patient and caregivers, regarding nature of the disease. The patient needs to indulge in recreational activities and undergo supervised physiotherapy. There are potent medicines to correct the chemical imbalance in the body thereby increasing the pain threshold and leading to better quality of life. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a rheumatologist and ask a free question.