Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Virudhunagar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R. Santhakumari
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. R. SanthakumariYour feedback matters!
I have taken I pill, If pregnancy is negative and periods is delayed by 25 days, which is the tablet to take in order to resume regular periods.
My wife is pregnant from last month she it taking medicine as prescribed by doctor, yesterday she has bleeding normally, what we can do now.
I am 9 months post protein via c section. I am suffering from severe leg pain and back pain since delivery. I am 155 cms in height and 65 kgs in weight and people saying that it might be because of over weight. My right big toe was numb for few months and now the left big toe also becomes numb. When I wake up in the morning I could barely move my leg and literally I was like limbing. The pain is getting worse when I stand for a long tim sitting for a while. I used ointments but the condition has not improved. Kindly advice me what to do further. I have taken calcium medication as per doctors prescription. But nothing works. I have extreme pain in the pressure points and my foot was very hard and appears like wrinkled.
Hello, friends. I am Dr Vandana Jain. Today I will talk about your recommendation of Surrogacy.
Surrogacy is a practice where a woman bears and give birth to a child for the couple with the intention of handing over the child to the intended infertile couple after the birth.
What is Altruistic surrogacy?
Altruistic surrogacy is one in which no charge, expenses, fees, any incentive has taken by the doctor or the surrogate mother. Now in the newer bill, that is the surrogacy bill, which is finally implemented on 24th.aug, 2016, the government intenf=ds to ban surrogacy for any commercial purposes. And hence commercialization of surrogacy has been banned and only Altruistic surrogacy has been allowed.
Now, what other conditions are there so that surrogacy can be implanted? So when surrogacy will be allowed?
Surrogacy is allowed only when the couple is infertile for a long period of time. The age of female should be 25-50 years of age and the age of male should be 25-55 years of age. And if they both or either of them is suffering from infertility. And it is only for altruistic surrogacy and not for commercial surrogacy. No person other than a closed relative can be a surrogate. No woman should act a surrogate more than once in her life.
There are the cases in which after birth, the couple has an abundant born child because of his disability. So now there will not be any amendment of the born child because of surrogacy. The couple do not have any surviving child either biological or by adoption. It should be their first child by surrogacy.
Surrogacy is not for children producing for sale. It should not be a baby factory which can be used. In past, there was illegal trafficking also. Only the clinics which are registered under the act can conduct activities and procedure related to surrogacy. So surrogacy clinic must maintain their records atleast for 25 years.
Violation of any other provision shall be punishable with the imprisonment of 5 years and the fine of up to 10 lakhs. An amendment of the surrogate child is there, then the imprisonment will be for 10 years and a fine of up to 10 lakhs.
A National surrogacy board or a state surrogacy board will take care and keep the watch on the clinics which are registered under this act.
If you need any guidance regarding surrogacy, test tube child, IVF etc., you can contact me through Lybrate. Also, you can book an appointment and can meet me in complete women health care.
transmission of gel type fluid from vagina. What is that? Does it indicate towards any infection in body?
My abortion 2 years before 2 month fetus heartbeat stop and last month 45 days later miscarriage I have hypothyroid and bolysyct what happened pls Ans me and how to stop.
Hi my weight is 75 kg and height 5'4" I am 13 weeks post c section and a breast feeding mother. What should be my calorie intake for a day to avoid gaining weight and yet not compromise on feed. I burn 300 calories a day through walking.
Hello doctors, I am 29 years old and my husband age 44. Two days before MY period end and yesterday we did unprotected sex, is it safe few days? MY husband did not like to use condoms so what the best birth control method for me in this age? Please help. Thank You.
I am 32 years old having 2nd gravida completed 38 Weeks and 2 days. Avg fetal wt is 3.3 kg. HC#32.67 cm. Doctor suggested induced labor. Please suggest. B) is epidural analgesia is good for above condition as I was having too much pain in first delivery 5 years back.
Pregnancy is an exciting time for most. However, having a child can be burdening to your body, particularly in the case where a woman delivers the baby through a C-section. In such cases, one requires more time and opportunity to recover than a normal vaginal delivery. If you have undergone a cesarian (C-Section) delivery, it is time you take extra care for a quicker recovery.
Here are six remedies to accelerate your recovery so you can invest less energy in getting sore and tired, and additional time holding your new child.
You may feel deadness and soreness at the cut site, and the scar will be marginally raised, puffy, and darker than your regular skin tone. Your specialist will have regular appointments with you to know how you are doing and make sure that the injury is healing quickly.
Here are a few tips for a faster recovery:
- Soup or broth: Bone soup is filled with amino acids like proline and glycine, which are required for collagen creation and incredible for skin recovery. Broth likewise contains gelatin, which is helpful for wound recovery and for the skin. There is a reason broth is a doctor recommended food for those suffering from any illness or sickness.
- Binding: The essential point is to stay away from heavy lifting. Lightweight can diminish the pain and speed recovery after a C-section. Indeed, this can be useful for non-cesarean births too since it decreases pain and helps the uterus come back to its original size all the more rapidly.
- Gentle Cesarean: Circumstances of the cesarian have a major effect on the recovery of a woman. Crisis C-sections or ones where a mother loses a considerable measure of blood clearly take more time to recover from. However, it has been established that women recuperate all the more speedily when they have a normal surgery and get sufficient holding time with the infant immediately. This is a development called tender cesarian and when conceivable, it appears to truly help recovery.
- Soothing balm: A cesarian is a stomach surgery where there is a big cut. Using stomach ointments during pregnancy can help reduce the risk of dry stitches that stretch the skin and cause a tear in it. Using a softening balm after the operation can get rid of the numbness and speed scar recovery.
- Glutamine: Glutamine is a key substrate for quickly developing and increasing cells, including white platelets. Glutamine increases the multiplication of fibroblasts, along these lines helping in wound recovery. It is the real amino acid lost during any tissue damage, suggesting a huge part in the conservation of the body mass.
- Water and Magnesium: Many people get constipated after surgery and this can be particularly difficult after a cesarian. To prevent this from happening, drink lots of water to ensure that you stay hydrated. Take some magnesium to soften the stool and prevent constipation.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!