The founder as well as chairman of the Dhanvantari Ayurveda Hospital and worldwide chain of clinics, Dr. Saurabh Dave, is a well-known physician in Vadodara, specialising in Ayurveda and Panchkarma treatment. He has previously worked as a visiting consultant and physician in various countries like France, UK and Switzerland.
Dr. Dave has pursued his Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS) from Gujarat Ayurved University. He also has an MD in Alternative Therapy from an International University Alma Ata. Not only a physician, Dr. Dave is also an academic as well as a renowned speaker having 11 years of experience. Dedicated to providing optimum health care to all his patients, he can be considered to be a very versatile doctor as he works on a wide range of medical disorders like obesity, pain management, infertility, anorectal disorder, spinal pain, etc. He believes in the theory of holistic healing. The successful Dhanvantari Super Speciality Ayurveda hospital operated by Dr. Saurabh Dave is widely known for all its Ayurvedic treatments of all types. It has a high success rate and has cured many patients of their medical issues.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Saurabh Dave
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Hair Fall
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment & Management of Cold
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Hair Growth
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment of Cough
Treatment of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorders
Treatment of Sexual Weakness
Treatment of Painful Periods
Treatment of Fungal Infection
Treatment of Psoriasis
Treatment of Colic
Submit a review for Dr. Saurabh DaveYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
His advice and counselling has helped me immensely. I was in too much pain because of weight loss, but even after consulting a number of doctors, I was not getting any relief. By chance, I approached Saurabh Dave for second opinion and thank god, i did because, he treated me without any surgery and all. The lab in the Saurabh Dave was very clean and well managed. Due to my weight loss my daily activities were suffering. He is very talented and seasoned doctor.
I thought it was something very normal, but then I realised the issue is something else. Saurabh Dave is really like god send person. I consulted a number of specialists but the way he treated me was the best. I remember, I read an article of Dr Saurabh Dave in the paper and made contact. The staff was very attentive to my needs. The complete process of pimples treatment was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult him.
The stone problem was increasing day by day. His lithotripsy suited me the best and now I am fine. The overall atmosphere in the clinic is very soothing. He is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. Dr Saurabh has in depth knowledge and ensures that he explains the problem in detail. My problem was such that it required a number of sessions, and I must say after all the sessions, I am feeling much better now.
Dr Saurabh Dave and the hair growth treatment helped me immensly. My boss referred me Dr Saurabh Dave. It's been more than a year that I was experiencing hairfall. The overall atmosphere in the Saurabh Dave is very soothing. Dr Saurabh Dave is very knowledgeable.The waiting area in the Saurabh Dave is very comfortable for elderly patients. I am happy with my hair growth treatment.
I was suffering from hairfall for which I consulted Dr Saurabh, he is an ayurveda specialist. He asked me number of questions in order to know the major cause and also he blood tests he suggested were very correct in order to know the major problem. His guidance helped me immensly and also he gave me tips fot healthy hair which benefitted me greatly
One of my neighbour's recommended Dr Saurabh Dave. He is one of the best Ayurvedic doctor in city. He has expert knowledge in the field. I was diagnosed with hair loss. The Saurabh Dave is decorated very nicely and doesn't look like a hospital. I am really grateful as his hair loss treatment has give me a ray of hope.
I had lost hope, but the conjunctivitis treatment given by Dr Saurabh Dave has helped me regain my confidence. It was getting very difficult for me to cope us with my conjunctivitis. He is one of the best ayurvedic doctor in the city. Dr Saurabh Dave is quite knowledgeable.
he did my kshar sutra treatment. Dr Saurabh is a very fine doctor. Thanks to him I am totally satisfied with the results. The staff was very attentive to my needs.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Saurabh Dave to be very helpful and helped me improve my health. Thank you very much sir.
Thanks to Dr Saurabh Dave, for my hair health treatment. I am so much benefitted with his suggestions and treatment.
Ayurveda states that all our bodily and mental energies are divided into three major doshas, the Vata dosha, pitta dosha and kapha dosha. The kapha dosha is derived from Earth and Water elements and is the energy required for building as well as lubricating the body to provide the body with a physical form and also provide smooth organ functioning. So, basically, the kapha dosha glues and lubricates the body into one. Kapha has qualities that include cold, moist, heavy, sticky, soft, dull, and static. A kapha person usually shows physical and mental qualities that have the reflections of these qualities.
Where exactly does kapha exist and what does it do?
Kapha is mainly located in areas such as the chest, lungs, throat, lymph, head, connective tissue, fatty tissue, tendons, and ligaments.
- Physiologically- The kapha dosha helps in moistening the food, lubricating the joints, giving bulk to the tissues, storing energy and relating to cooling bodily fluids like lymph, water and mucous.
- Psychologically: The kapha dosha helps in aspects of love, patience, greed, forgiveness and attachment.
Individuals with an imbalance in the kapha dosha may exhibit bodily disorders like sinus, cough and cold, obesity, congestion and anything related to mucous. Mentally, the kapha imbalance may lead to lethargy, depression and unnecessary attachment tendencies.
Causes of kapha imbalance
Eating kapha aggravating foods like meat, wheat, fatty and fried food excessively, indulging in eating to offset emotions, spending a lot of time in dampness, not carrying out many physical activities, spending a lot of time indoors are a few of the causes of kapha imbalance, to begin with.
Tips to have a balanced kapha dosha
- One should eat a kapha balancing diet, which includes light, warm, dry and rough foods.
- One should not eat foods like meat, wheat, fried food after sundown.
- One should eat in a nice, caring and loving environment.
- One should not indulge in a luxurious and the leisurely lifestyle.
- One should try and focus on non- attachment in their daily lives.
- One should do their own housekeeping regularly.
- One should make time for some introspective activities like meditation.
- One should try and understand the difference between being-nice and being-taken-advantage-of.
- One should try to have a proper sleep cycle by going to bed as well as rising early. Daytime naps should be avoided.
Hence these are some of the ways to achieve a balanced kapha. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Are you looking for techniques to detoxify your body? Among the various detoxifying techniques you can opt for, maintaining a detox diet is very important. Consuming food items which are detoxifying in nature is a great way to cleanse the body. Here is a list of foods which should be a part of the detox diet for your body:
- Fruits: Fruits contain a lot of liquids which help the body to wash toxins out. They are beneficial for easy digestion. Containing antioxidants in high amounts along with nutrients, important vitamins and fibre, fruits should be a part of your detoxifying diet.
- Green food: You should consume a lot of food items which are naturally green in colour. They include blue-green algae, wheat grass, kale, spinach, chard and other organic leafy green vegetables. These plants give a chlorophyll boost to your digestive tract, which helps in the elimination of harmful toxins from toxic metals, pesticides, herbicides and cleaning products.
- Citrus fruits: Among fruits, you should have a lot of citrus fruits like oranges, lemons and limes. Citrus fruits help the body to flush out toxins and start the enzymatic procedures in the digestive tract. Lemon juice supports the liver in cleansing as well. Vitamin C is a very efficient detox vitamin which transforms toxins into digestible materials.
- Garlic: The pungent little bulb is another amazing detoxifying food. It stimulates the liver to produce detoxification enzymes, which filter toxic residues from the digestive system.
- Broccoli sprouts: These are rich in antioxidants and have the ability to stimulate the detoxification enzymes in the digestive tract. The sprouts are more beneficial than fully grown broccoli.
- Green tea: Green tea is full of antioxidants and helps in washing out toxins from the system via liquid content. A special antioxidant called catechins present in green tea increase liver function.
- Moong beans: Moong beans have been used as a detoxifying agent in Ayurveda for many years. These are easy to digest and help in the absorption of toxic residue from the walls of the intestine.
- Raw vegetables: You should eat several vegetables such as raw onions, carrots, asparagus, artichokes, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, garlic, beet, turmeric and oregano. The combination of the various types will help the liver in eliminating toxins during the process of cleansing. These contain natural sulphur and glutathione, which help in detoxifying the liver from chemicals.
- Seeds and nuts: You should add some easily digestible nuts and seeds to your regular diet. Flax seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, sesame seeds, chia seeds and sunflower seeds are ideal for natural detoxification.
You should also consume Omega-3 oils such as avocado, hemp and flax seed oil during detoxification. These lubricate the walls of the intestine and allow the toxins to get absorbed by the oil, getting eliminated from the body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Ayurveda has tons of good remedies available for common ailments. From a headache to skin problems, migraine to obesity, acid reflux to diabetes, there is a host of conditions that Ayurveda can treat. While the complexity of a particular condition decides the period it takes for the body to get a full care, Ayurvedic remedies work best when it is applied during the initial stages of a particular ailment.
Here is a list of six common Ayurvedic remedies that can treat common ailments without having to visit a doctor:
- Common cold: The common cold may not be a serious threat to a person’s health, but it can seriously hinder the daily schedule. Not to mention, if the condition is not treated early, it can aggravate to serious conditions such as pneumonia, bronchitis, asthma etc. An Ayurvedic cure for treating common cold includes consumption of ginger in the form of tea, black pepper, and long pepper. They can reduce inflammation of the lungs and get the mucous out of the body.
- Diabetes: Diabetes is a serious threat to a person of any age. This is attributed to poor lifestyle, bad diet and lack of exercise. Ayurveda recommends fresh fruits and vegetables in the diet, a healthy lifestyle and quitting caffeine. Apart from this, consumption of herbs such as turmeric can greatly help to keep the blood sugar at the optimum level. Practicing of breathing techniques and yoga can further help to keep diabetes under control.
- Acid reflux: Acid reflux has become a common phenomenon these days. Due to unhealthy eating habits and untimely consumption of food, acid reflux can occur to anyone. If proper care is not taken on time, it can aggravate to indigestion and heartburn. Drinking a glass of aloe vera juice regularly can give instant relief from chronic acid reflux. Basil leaves are another great source of Ayurvedic remedy to treat this condition.
- Obesity: It is estimated that over 13% of the world population suffers from obesity. Obesity can have serious repercussions if the extra pounds are not shedded on time. Some serious cardiovascular and breathing problems surface from this condition. A good diet and physical exercise help largely to get rid of extra pounds. Ayurveda recommends a juice of honey and lemon in lukewarm water to be consumed daily.
- Migraines: Migraines can wreak havoc on the life of an individual. It takes several days for a chronic migraine to go away and get temporary relief. Ayurveda suggests practicing of yoga and pranayama to get relief from this condition. Apart from this, daily consumption of turmeric in the form of supplement, tablets or as a whole can greatly help to stay away from a migraine in the first place.
- Dandruff: Dandruff is another common problem that many people face in their daily life. It is a condition where the scales get separated from the scalp and makes the head dry. Ayurveda suggests usage of fenugreek seeds and lime to get rid of this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
The age old Ayurveda has answers to most problems regarding physical as well as mental health. Ayurveda states the presence of certain bodily energies throughout the body and mind which help in governing all the physical and mental processes. These energies are called doshas and Ayurveda classifies these doshas into three different parts, the Vata dosha, composed of space and air; the pitta dosha, composed of fire and water; the kapha dosha, composed of Earth and water.
The pitta dosha
As already discussed, the pitta is derived from the elements of fire and water and this is that energy which is in charge of all the heat, transformations and metabolism in human bodies. The pitta governs the digestion of food, metabolism of sensory perceptions, discrimination between right and wrong. So basically, pitta controls the fire in the body and is liquid in nature. The pitta carries out its functions through carrier substances like bile, enzymes, hormones and organic acid.
Qualities of pitta dosha
The various qualities exuded by pitta dosha include oily, hot, moving, sharp, liquid, acidic, and light and a pitta person will reflect these qualities in both the balanced as well as imbalanced states.
Location and task of pitta dosha
Pitta is mainly located in the small intestine, stomach, liver, pancreas, spleen, eyes, blood, and sweat. Pitta basically provides the body heat by breaking down the food molecules into absorbable units. Mentally, the pitta controls the inner joy, will power, courage, anger, mental perception, jealousy.
It can be comfortably said that the reason behind an individual’s anger, rage and jealousy is because of an unbalanced increase in pitta. Also pitta individuals tend to have oily skin. However, a balanced pitta individual usually has a very sharp intellect, a happy disposition towards life, enormous courage and drive to achieve. Imbalanced pitta can also cause inflammations, rashes, ulcers, fever, heat burns, and infections. So, it is very important to have a balanced pitta.
Here are some ways to balance pitta dosha
- Eating is peace
- Eating a balanced pitta diet
- Engaging in activities to calm the body and mind
- Meditating on a daily basis
- Spending time in nature
- Performing yoga and other calming exercises
Eating while angry, eating pitta increasing food, drinking coffee, tea, alcohol, smoking cigarettes; working more than necessary, and unnecessary competition are certain reasons for imbalance in the pitta dosha. Hence, controlling the inner fire and taming it, is mostly in the hands of the individuals themselves. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Since time immemorial, Ayurveda has been used for treating various ailments including injuries such as wounds and cuts. Medical treatments have made immense advancement in the past few decades, but the age-old Ayurvedic treatments for wounds and cuts have still not gone out of practice.
One of the biggest benefits of Ayurvedic medication is that they don’t have any side effects. Ayurveda is the best options available when you want natural treatments of your wounds and cuts.
Let’s have a look at some of the best known Ayurvedic treatments available for you.
- Turmeric: Turmeric powder is one of the most popular herbs that are used to heal injuries. It is best known for its antiseptic characteristics. If there is an inflammation, apply turmeric paste on the affected area for steady and quick recovery. Turmeric kills the bacteria and also ensures that the wounds heal faster.
- Tea Tree Oil: This is another great option for healing wounds and preventing infections. The antifungal, antibacterial and antiseptic features of tea tree oil are well known and they are being used in other forms of medication as well. Crush a few tea tree leaves and apply it on the cut or you can apply tea tree oil for 4-5 times a day on the wound.
- Potatoes: These common vegetables have great healing capacity. Apply a mashed skin of a potato directly on the affected area and cover it with a soft and clean cloth. Keep it overnight and clean the area with salt water next morning to disinfect. This will sting a little but will ensure quick healing while being an antiseptic.
- Aloe Vera: You should grow this plant within your house on small pots as this has many medicinal properties. One them is being an antiseptic as well as a promoter of healing. Break open a leaf and you can apply the gel within it directly on the affected area of the skin.
- Coconut Oil: Apply coconut oil on the affected area and cover it up with a band-aid. Repeat the process twice or thrice a day and you would be astonished to see how quickly your bruises disappear. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Your stomach is lined with a mucosal membrane known as the mucosa and due to a variety of factors, it may become inflamed. This inflammation may cause a lot of problems and complications which are grouped under gastritis.
Symptoms of gastritis
- Upper abdominal pain,
- Reduction of appetite
- Blood in the stool amongst the others
Gastritis can be quite debilitating and limiting for the people affected by it.
The Ayurveda approach
Ayurveda is a holistic form of medicine which takes into account many factors rather than just the physical disposition and symptoms that strives to cure the patients of the illness in a well-rounded manner. To this effect, Ayurveda helps you treat this problem with multiple angles of attack such as herbal medications and special cleansing therapies among many others. Let’s take a look at some of the methods usually employed in various combinations among the patients.
- Changes in diet: Consuming any diet which has a lot of spicy and rich foods over prolonged periods may result in gastritis and other problems. If you already have gastritis, then certain other types of food also need to be excluded such as tea, coffee, sour foods, chilies and buffalo milk among others. These food groups are excluded as they may increase the acidity of the stomach which may cause an escalation of the problems. Some of the foods that may help with gastritis are grapes, pumpkins, bitter gourd, pomegranate, melons and cucumber, etc.
- Natural remedies: Some natural remedies that can be very effective in dealing with the symptoms of gastritis are mentioned below
- Ajwain and rock salt have been an age old remedy in treating multiple gastrointestinal disorders and can be effective in this case as well.
- Lemon juice is also very effective in treating symptoms or gastritis and also reducing inflammation.
- Take amla, ginger, and licorice either in a raw form or as a dried option or mixed with other things such as milk or honey. These help in regulating and reducing the acidity within the stomach.
- Ayurvedic medications: There are many specialized Ayurvedic medications which can be used to treat gastritis such as:
- Amalaki choorna
- Avipattikara choorna
- Sootashekhara rasa
- Sukumara Ghrita
However, you should consult a specialist Ayurveda doctor as they can prescribe the correct medications for you after studying your specific symptoms.
I have less platelet count 55000 which keeps declining and I have to take papaya kiwi to maintain it. Can my platelet count be treated by taking Ayurvedic or homeopathic medicines. Should I see a Dermatologist.
I am 23 and I work as teacher. Normally I travel about half an hour on school van at morning and afternoon and everything was quite normal. I never had any issues with travelling. But about a week back I have started working out in mornings before I go school so as to stay healthy. I have 1 cup milk and light breakfast regularly. And I feel I have fair amount of water as well. But since a week I feel totally exhausted ,my head goes round and round, I am kind of suffocated and all sweaty at bus and by the time I reach back home I have no strength left n all I do is crash on my bed under the fan and fall asleep. When I wake up everything is again back to normal. Why is this happening to me. Please help.
“Health is wealth”, this is a proverb that all of us have been acquainted with ever since childhood, but not many of us pay it the importance that it deserves. One of the best ways to keep your health, in the form it should be kept by opting for power foods and topping that list of the most effective power foods is the Indian Gooseberry (Amla).
Why Indian Gooseberry?
Amla has been recognised as the powerhouse of variety of nutrients, all of which are geared towards aiding and nurturing one or the other part of your body. Amla or the Indian Gooseberry is an important part of Ayurveda medicine as well and is prescribed by all the Ayurvedic specialists either in the form of medicine or as a part of their patient’s daily diet.
- Combats cough and flu: According to Ayurvedic specialists, Amla is a brilliant cure for a general cough and flu. Mixing two teaspoons of the amla juice with two teaspoons of honey and consuming it on a regular basis can help with curing cough and cold in a shorter span of time compared to any other medication.
- Is a great cure for anti ageing: Amla is referred to as a super fruit that helps with controlling ageing. The fact that it owns a high content of antioxidants allows it to reduce the chances of cell damage. It is also useful in fighting the different side effects of the free radicals also assists it in withholding signs of ageing.
- Works against heart diseases: Consumption of high cholesterol food leads to high cholesterol level in your blood. The floating of cholesterol on the blood leads to the blockage of crucial arteries and veins, leading to a number of cardiac diseases. It halts the building of bad cholesterol in the blood vessels and thus reduces the chances of a heart attack. Not only does it serve the above-mentioned functions but also stops the heart from thickening or clogging.
- Works towards reducing blood sugar: Fruits that are generally high in polyphenol are able to help the body combat the ill effects of high blood sugar. Since Indian Gooseberry has a high content of polyphenol, it helps diabetic patients in better absorption of insulin, thus helping in the reduction of blood sugar levels.
- Treats ulcer: Amla is recognised to have very high antibacterial properties which help it to prevent any kind of ulcer. The fact that amla is high in vitamin c also reduces the chance of mouth ulcers, which are often caused due to the deficiency of the same. Amla also assists in bringing down the acidity level in the body, which all in all eliminates any chance of ulcer creation in the body.
According to researchers and Ayurvedic medical experts, there is a whole list of other benefits that Indian gooseberries extend to us. Some of these other benefits include- immediate relief from constipation, influences hair growth, prevents lice, reduces pigmentation and gives a natural glow to the skin, cools the body down, improves eyesight and much more.