Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Hair Fall
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment & Management of Cold
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Hair Growth
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment of Cough
Treatment of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorders
Treatment of Sexual Weakness
Treatment of Painful Periods
Treatment of Fungal Infection
Treatment of Psoriasis
Treatment of Colic
Submit a review for Dhanbhantari Super Speciality Ayurveda HospitalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I had lost hope, but the conjunctivitis treatment given by Dr Saurabh Dave has helped me regain my confidence. It was getting very difficult for me to cope us with my conjunctivitis. He is one of the best ayurvedic doctor in the city. Dr Saurabh Dave is quite knowledgeable.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Saurabh Dave to be very helpful and helped me improve my health. Thank you very much sir.
The age old Ayurveda has answers to most problems regarding physical as well as mental health. Ayurveda states the presence of certain bodily energies throughout the body and mind which help in governing all the physical and mental processes. These energies are called doshas and Ayurveda classifies these doshas into three different parts, the Vata dosha, composed of space and air; the pitta dosha, composed of fire and water; the kapha dosha, composed of Earth and water.
The pitta dosha
As already discussed, the pitta is derived from the elements of fire and water and this is that energy which is in charge of all the heat, transformations and metabolism in human bodies. The pitta governs the digestion of food, metabolism of sensory perceptions, discrimination between right and wrong. So basically, pitta controls the fire in the body and is liquid in nature. The pitta carries out its functions through carrier substances like bile, enzymes, hormones and organic acid.
Qualities of pitta dosha
The various qualities exuded by pitta dosha include oily, hot, moving, sharp, liquid, acidic, and light and a pitta person will reflect these qualities in both the balanced as well as imbalanced states.
Location and task of pitta dosha
Pitta is mainly located in the small intestine, stomach, liver, pancreas, spleen, eyes, blood, and sweat. Pitta basically provides the body heat by breaking down the food molecules into absorbable units. Mentally, the pitta controls the inner joy, will power, courage, anger, mental perception, jealousy.
It can be comfortably said that the reason behind an individual’s anger, rage and jealousy is because of an unbalanced increase in pitta. Also pitta individuals tend to have oily skin. However, a balanced pitta individual usually has a very sharp intellect, a happy disposition towards life, enormous courage and drive to achieve. Imbalanced pitta can also cause inflammations, rashes, ulcers, fever, heat burns, and infections. So, it is very important to have a balanced pitta.
Here are some ways to balance pitta dosha
- Eating is peace
- Eating a balanced pitta diet
- Engaging in activities to calm the body and mind
- Meditating on a daily basis
- Spending time in nature
- Performing yoga and other calming exercises
Eating while angry, eating pitta increasing food, drinking coffee, tea, alcohol, smoking cigarettes; working more than necessary, and unnecessary competition are certain reasons for imbalance in the pitta dosha. Hence, controlling the inner fire and taming it, is mostly in the hands of the individuals themselves. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Since time immemorial, Ayurveda has been used for treating various ailments including injuries such as wounds and cuts. Medical treatments have made immense advancement in the past few decades, but the age-old Ayurvedic treatments for wounds and cuts have still not gone out of practice.
One of the biggest benefits of Ayurvedic medication is that they don’t have any side effects. Ayurveda is the best options available when you want natural treatments of your wounds and cuts.
Let’s have a look at some of the best known Ayurvedic treatments available for you.
- Turmeric: Turmeric powder is one of the most popular herbs that are used to heal injuries. It is best known for its antiseptic characteristics. If there is an inflammation, apply turmeric paste on the affected area for steady and quick recovery. Turmeric kills the bacteria and also ensures that the wounds heal faster.
- Tea Tree Oil: This is another great option for healing wounds and preventing infections. The antifungal, antibacterial and antiseptic features of tea tree oil are well known and they are being used in other forms of medication as well. Crush a few tea tree leaves and apply it on the cut or you can apply tea tree oil for 4-5 times a day on the wound.
- Potatoes: These common vegetables have great healing capacity. Apply a mashed skin of a potato directly on the affected area and cover it with a soft and clean cloth. Keep it overnight and clean the area with salt water next morning to disinfect. This will sting a little but will ensure quick healing while being an antiseptic.
- Aloe Vera: You should grow this plant within your house on small pots as this has many medicinal properties. One them is being an antiseptic as well as a promoter of healing. Break open a leaf and you can apply the gel within it directly on the affected area of the skin.
- Coconut Oil: Apply coconut oil on the affected area and cover it up with a band-aid. Repeat the process twice or thrice a day and you would be astonished to see how quickly your bruises disappear. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Your stomach is lined with a mucosal membrane known as the mucosa and due to a variety of factors, it may become inflamed. This inflammation may cause a lot of problems and complications which are grouped under gastritis.
Symptoms of gastritis
- Upper abdominal pain,
- Reduction of appetite
- Blood in the stool amongst the others
Gastritis can be quite debilitating and limiting for the people affected by it.
The Ayurveda approach
Ayurveda is a holistic form of medicine which takes into account many factors rather than just the physical disposition and symptoms that strives to cure the patients of the illness in a well-rounded manner. To this effect, Ayurveda helps you treat this problem with multiple angles of attack such as herbal medications and special cleansing therapies among many others. Let’s take a look at some of the methods usually employed in various combinations among the patients.
- Changes in diet: Consuming any diet which has a lot of spicy and rich foods over prolonged periods may result in gastritis and other problems. If you already have gastritis, then certain other types of food also need to be excluded such as tea, coffee, sour foods, chilies and buffalo milk among others. These food groups are excluded as they may increase the acidity of the stomach which may cause an escalation of the problems. Some of the foods that may help with gastritis are grapes, pumpkins, bitter gourd, pomegranate, melons and cucumber, etc.
- Natural remedies: Some natural remedies that can be very effective in dealing with the symptoms of gastritis are mentioned below
- Ajwain and rock salt have been an age old remedy in treating multiple gastrointestinal disorders and can be effective in this case as well.
- Lemon juice is also very effective in treating symptoms or gastritis and also reducing inflammation.
- Take amla, ginger, and licorice either in a raw form or as a dried option or mixed with other things such as milk or honey. These help in regulating and reducing the acidity within the stomach.
- Ayurvedic medications: There are many specialized Ayurvedic medications which can be used to treat gastritis such as:
- Amalaki choorna
- Avipattikara choorna
- Sootashekhara rasa
- Sukumara Ghrita
However, you should consult a specialist Ayurveda doctor as they can prescribe the correct medications for you after studying your specific symptoms.
I have less platelet count 55000 which keeps declining and I have to take papaya kiwi to maintain it. Can my platelet count be treated by taking Ayurvedic or homeopathic medicines. Should I see a Dermatologist.
I am 23 and I work as teacher. Normally I travel about half an hour on school van at morning and afternoon and everything was quite normal. I never had any issues with travelling. But about a week back I have started working out in mornings before I go school so as to stay healthy. I have 1 cup milk and light breakfast regularly. And I feel I have fair amount of water as well. But since a week I feel totally exhausted ,my head goes round and round, I am kind of suffocated and all sweaty at bus and by the time I reach back home I have no strength left n all I do is crash on my bed under the fan and fall asleep. When I wake up everything is again back to normal. Why is this happening to me. Please help.
“Health is wealth”, this is a proverb that all of us have been acquainted with ever since childhood, but not many of us pay it the importance that it deserves. One of the best ways to keep your health, in the form it should be kept by opting for power foods and topping that list of the most effective power foods is the Indian Gooseberry (Amla).
Why Indian Gooseberry?
Amla has been recognised as the powerhouse of variety of nutrients, all of which are geared towards aiding and nurturing one or the other part of your body. Amla or the Indian Gooseberry is an important part of Ayurveda medicine as well and is prescribed by all the Ayurvedic specialists either in the form of medicine or as a part of their patient’s daily diet.
- Combats cough and flu: According to Ayurvedic specialists, Amla is a brilliant cure for a general cough and flu. Mixing two teaspoons of the amla juice with two teaspoons of honey and consuming it on a regular basis can help with curing cough and cold in a shorter span of time compared to any other medication.
- Is a great cure for anti ageing: Amla is referred to as a super fruit that helps with controlling ageing. The fact that it owns a high content of antioxidants allows it to reduce the chances of cell damage. It is also useful in fighting the different side effects of the free radicals also assists it in withholding signs of ageing.
- Works against heart diseases: Consumption of high cholesterol food leads to high cholesterol level in your blood. The floating of cholesterol on the blood leads to the blockage of crucial arteries and veins, leading to a number of cardiac diseases. It halts the building of bad cholesterol in the blood vessels and thus reduces the chances of a heart attack. Not only does it serve the above-mentioned functions but also stops the heart from thickening or clogging.
- Works towards reducing blood sugar: Fruits that are generally high in polyphenol are able to help the body combat the ill effects of high blood sugar. Since Indian Gooseberry has a high content of polyphenol, it helps diabetic patients in better absorption of insulin, thus helping in the reduction of blood sugar levels.
- Treats ulcer: Amla is recognised to have very high antibacterial properties which help it to prevent any kind of ulcer. The fact that amla is high in vitamin c also reduces the chance of mouth ulcers, which are often caused due to the deficiency of the same. Amla also assists in bringing down the acidity level in the body, which all in all eliminates any chance of ulcer creation in the body.
According to researchers and Ayurvedic medical experts, there is a whole list of other benefits that Indian gooseberries extend to us. Some of these other benefits include- immediate relief from constipation, influences hair growth, prevents lice, reduces pigmentation and gives a natural glow to the skin, cools the body down, improves eyesight and much more.