Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Vadodara and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lalit V Machhar
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Lalit V MachharYour feedback matters!
My PSA level is 10.47 and USG report says that the size of my Prostrate is 73cc. On going through the report The doctor advised me to go for Prostrate biopsy. Though the biopsy report which was done on 09.01. 2016 reveals negative results but immediately after the test was done I suffered UTI infection with blockage of urine. Accordingly I had to be admitted in hospital during the period from 12.01. 2016 to 18.01. 2016. During my stay at hospital I was treated with i. V. Antibiotic (piperacillin and tazobactam) and has been discharged on 19.01. 2016 with Catheter in situ and advised to go for MRI –Prostate. Accordingly, On 30.01. 2016 I have been undergone with MRI and the report is as under I)Prostatomegaly with benign prostatic hyperplasia Ii)Ill-defined T2W hypointense mildly enhancing areas in peripheral zone of prostate right side towards base-PIRADS 3/5. Kindly explain me if there is any possibility of malignancy in the report.
I am 22 years old healthy adult. I am hitting acne on my face and on my back. On my back I have a cluster of acne scars. It looks really very bad. I have acne on my scalp. While bathing I really wash my head properly and I take care and have got short hair than too the acne is not curing. Now I have got acne in my ear too! What I can I apply to fade away my scars and Acne.
I have pimples on my face from 6 months. The pimples get cured on its own but after some time it appear on my skin. They make skin rough and spotted. What should I do to cure it.
Hiii. I'm 50 years old and I have blackish layer on all face. So I want to remove this. please suggestions.
I have some pimples marks on my face .can I use no scar cream. I want fair snd clear skin please suggest me what can I do my skin.
Which is better for covering up during a sunny day, light or dark clothes? Also, is there a danger from tanning sprays rather than tanning beds?
Hii dctr I HV pimple n black marks on my face n also pores please tl me best treatment for Di's my wedding is der soo I wnt to remove it quickly please dctr hlo me.
A common skin condition, which causes the discoloration of your skin in patches across the face, melasma is more of a social embarrassment and cause for distress rather than being a serious condition. Although it affects men as well, studies have shown that over 90 percent of patients are women. It is also known as the mask of pregnancy as many pregnant women develop this skin condition.
Causes of Melasma
Primary causes of melasma have been attributed to various hormonal changes within the body. Let's look at some of the factors that may cause this disorder:
- Pregnancy: This is often attributed as the leading cause of melasma, the primary cause has often been attributed to hormonal changes that a woman may experience due to pregnancy.
- Treatments that may change hormonal balance: Women on contraceptive pills or who have implants such as intrauterine devices may also develop this disorder. This is due to the balance of estrogen and progesterone being changed within the body.
- Sun exposure: Continued sun exposure may also lead to melasma. This is due to the activation of melanocytes within the body which start producing more melanin.
- Stress: Long periods of stress on the body can also trigger hormonal changes and cause melasma.
- Thyroid problems: If someone suffers from Hypothyroidism or low levels of the thyroid hormone, it can trigger other hormonal changes and also cause this skin disorder.
It has also been noticed that people with generally a darker skin tone tend to get melasma and it is less common in people with fairer skin.
Certain characteristics of Melasma
Melasma develops in certain patterns which can be easily diagnosed either as spots on the skin similar to freckles or brown patches of skin that grow bigger. Some of these patterns are:
- Malar pattern: This grows on the nose and cheeks
- Mandibular pattern: Starts growing around the jaw line
- Brachial melasma: This grows on the upper arms and shoulders
- Lateral cheek pattern: Grows on the cheek on both sides of the face
- Centrofacial pattern: Nose, upper lips, forehead and cheeks
Treatment of Melasma
Most women who develop melasma during pregnancy report that it goes away after childbirth. However certain forms of melasma may appear in non-pregnant women due to hormonal changes. Treating the underlying hormonal changes usually, resolves the problem. However certain other methods may be required to resolve the issues such as skin creams, chemical peels, dermabrasion and microdermabrasion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.