Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Vadodara and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Lalit V MachharYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old and my problem is that dark spots over face aren't going fast what to do is mashed papaya good for this problem? And which facewash is good?
I had wheatish complexion. After pregnancy my complexion become even more tan. I want to go for skin whitening procedures. Can anyone help about da procedure name and costing.
Hi gud morning. I have a problem my face is so black. But I don't like that. Please could you help me. I want to become white face. You say some tips and face cream I am waiting for your answer.
I have freckles all over my face and blemishes too. What should I do to get rid of this problem permanently please help me! thank-you:)
How to get rid on Dark circles and specs marks on nose, it irritates me. I do wear lenses while I am not at home.
I am 27 years old and from few month there is some patches in my hand and feet. I showed to my doctor he is not able identify the issue. Its look like some color change need some help.
Pigmentation of the skin is a medical term to refer to the phenomenon of colouring. Our skin is made up of cells that produce a pigment known as melanin. The colour of the skin largely depends upon the production of melanin. If more melanin is produced, the skin looks darker and vice-versa. When the melanin producing cells are damaged due to long exposure to sunlight, pregnancy or any other disease, pigmentation of the skin takes place. When the skin gets darker, it is called hyperpigmentation and when the discolouration of the skin takes place or white patches are formed on the skin, it is called hypopigmentation.
Skin pigmentation can be tackled by certain home based remedies. Here are some of these remedies:
- Milk and honey face pack: Milk is known to contain lactic acid. A mixture of milk and honey peels off the affected part of the skin. This makes the hyper-pigmented skin lighter in colour.
- Vegetable juices: Some vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber and potato are effective in getting rid of the skin pigments. Cut slices of these vegetables and rub them over the affected parts. The juices from these vegetables lighten the pigmented part.
- Avocado magic: It is advisable to peel off an avocado and apply its juice with honey over the affected area.
- Add Vitamin E to your diet: Include foods rich in vitamin E in your meals. It helps in restoring the pigmented skin back to its normal form.
- Face Mask: There are several face masks available that can work wonder in curing pigmentation of the skin. You can use face packs containing oatmeal, honey, sandalwood, turmeric powder, raw milk, and orange powder.
- Sun screen: It is important to guard your skin from the ultraviolet rays. UV rays lead to pigmentation of the skin. So, apply a sunscreen lotion or cream before stepping out of your home.
- Take up some exercise: A key to a healthy skin is a good lifestyle. One must exercise regularly to maintain proper blood circulation throughout the body. Proper flow of blood keeps the skin healthy and free from pigmentation.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and cigarettes: The consumption of alcohol and cigarettes leads to generation of toxins in our blood stream. This is harmful for our skin.
- Cocoa butter: It has nourishing and de-tanning effects on the skin. Use a cream that contains cocoa butter extracts on daily basis.
- Oil massage: Certain oils like olive and almond are good for treating damaged skin.
Below given are some of the common products used in medical treatment of hyperpigmentation:
- IPL (Photofacial) - Treatment with intense pulsed light, or a Photofacial, is frequently recommended by doctors to treat hyperpigmentation.
- Chemical peel - A TCA peel or deeper phenol peel are also used to treat hyperpigmentation.
- Laser Peel - A variety of laser resurfacing treatments may be performed to reduce hyperpigmentation. CO2 lasers and fractional lasers are popular choices for skin resurfacing.
- Topical skin lightening products - Products containing skin lightening ingredients, such as hydroquinone, retinoids, kojic acid, and Vitamin C are often used to reduce hyperpigmentation.
Medical treatment is combined with procedures to get faster results.