Musculoskeletal Injury Physiotherapy
Range Of Motion Exercise Treatment
Post Surgery Rehabilitation
Sensory Integration Therapy
Treatment Of Meniscus Injury
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Computerised Traction Procedure
Column Traumatology Procedure
Treatment of Mckinzie Treatment For Spine
Rf Neurotomy Procedure
Manual Therapy Treatment
Treatment Of Lumbago
Custom Splinting Bracing Procedure
Achilles Tendon Rupture Treatment
Runner’s knee is a very common problem with athletes. It is definitely not something one needs to worry about. In fact, with certain exercises, it can be prevented and if you do develop a runner’s knee, it can be treated with some exercises as well.
There are special sports medical practitioners who prescribe not only regular physiotherapy, but also specific exercises to deal with specific sports injuries. To fight with runner’s knee pain, there are a few exercises.
But the four most important ones are described in detail below.
- Quads: For performing proper quads, all you need is a back wall for additional support. You need to hold yourself against the wall and keep your legs apart from each other. The legs should be folded in the knees. In this position, you have to move up till the knee position with a minimum of one minute hold time in the knee position. You can repeat this exercise 10 times at a stretch before moving on to the next exercise.
- Hamstring: This is a fairly easier exercise than the previous one. You have to stand straight with your legs apart. Bend downwards from your hips. Relax your neck and back. Ease your head downwards as well. Keep your hands behind. Join both your hands and give it a stretch. If you think that this position is straining your neck or back a little too much, then you can simply stretch your hands without joining them.
- Calves: Calves is a standard exercise that is prescribed by medical practitioners and physiotherapists for easing out the pain caused by runner’s knee. You have to stand with your hand against the wall. Put your left leg forward and bend it at the knees. Stand on your right heel. Hold yourself in this position for 20 to 30 seconds before changing the legs and doing the same.
- Lateral: Lateral is also one of the easiest and common forms of exercises. You have to stand with your legs directly below your hips. Then stretch your right leg apart. Without bending your knees, try to touch the toes of your right leg with the fingers of your left hand. Hold this position for 20 to 30 seconds before changing the position and performing the lateral with your left leg.
Thus, these are some of the very fundamental exercises that one should follow in order to get quick relief from the pains of a runner’s knee. These exercises are very easy and help in reducing pain.
The human body experiences various types of aches and pains from time to time depending on injuries and other kinds of joint, muscle and nerve pain and various types of these pains include somatic pain, visceral pain, and neuropathic pain.
While somatic pain refers to the pain that comes from injuries caused to muscles, connective tissues and joints; visceral pain happens due to inflammation and excessive stretching of organs. Finally, neuropathic pain is a more long lasting kind, which can be caused by conditions like cancer, HIV or Shingles. The pain can be acute or chronic. Read on to find out more about pain management.
- Somatic pain: This type of bone pain is usually localised and can increase with movement, becoming sharper with increased motion. Somatic pain can usually be treated with the help of analgesics, which treats the area suffering from pain, especially for pain that takes place due to surgical incisions and other dull aches or sharp pains that are localised. This kind of pain can also be treated with physiotherapy, acupressure and other exercises based on the area of pain.
- Visceral pain: While this kind of pain can be treated with the help of medication, it also usually improves and fades with time. The medication for this kind of pain usually alters the neurotransmitters of the brain that convey pain signals and trigger pain in the body. This medication also helps in bringing down the inflammation for pain improvement.
- Neuropathic pain: This kind of pain is usually accompanied by irregular limb movements and discomfort as well as motions like twitching. It is a more permanent kind of pain that lasts long and causes greater discomfort than the above two kinds of pain. Neuropathic pain can be treated with the help of anticonvulsants, which usually help in preventing the nerve pain and irregular movements that can trigger from this kind of pain. It also impacts the serotonin level and other chemicals in the brain for better nerve pain management and act as an anti-depressant as well.
The various kinds of pain discussed above can be treated in different ways, both in medicated and non-medicated ways, however, the method will depend upon whether the pain is acute or chronic.
Hello I am 34 year old. My question is that after jogging 10 to 15 minutes or walking half an hour cramps starts to appear in my calf. What should I do.
I am 20 years old female suffering with severe muscle pain particularly right shoulder from past 5 yrs. Now a days 2 arms are with the same situation. I have gone through many medications, physiotherapy.Please help me get out of this.
Good dayIm Faizal Abobacar from Mozambique. I have lower back pain and neck pain (cervical, I have these symptoms for a while now (years) and it seems too be worse. For instance now when I'm sited for few minutes than I have pain when standing back up. Hope I will get some tips on what to do. Thank you in advance.
MRI - LUMBAR spine 19,10.2016: Findings: Loss of normal lumbar lordosis seen? Due to muscle spasm. Lumbar vertebrae appears normal in alignment .No listhesis. Small Schmorl's nodes noted involving the endplates of multiple lumbar vertebra. Degeneration ofL1-L2, L2-L3 and L4-L5 lumbar intervertebral disc Posterior annular tear noted at L1-L2, L2-L3 and L4-LSlevels. At Ll-L2 level there is right paramidline protrusion, No foramina narrowing. At L2-L3, L3-L4 diffuse posterior disc bulge noted ,causing effacement of ventral thecal sac and inferior recess of bilateral neural foramina narrowing at L3-L4 level. At L4-L5 level, posterocentral and left forminal protrusion causing, significant canal stenosis and left neural foramina narrowing ,resulting in compression of exiting L4 and traversing LS nerve roots at this level. At LS-Sllevel, no disc bulge or herniation. Conus medullaris appear unremarkable. Impression: - Lumbar spondylosis degenerative changes as mentioned ,predominant at L4-L5 level. - At L4-LSlevel, posterocentral and left forminal protrusion causing, significant canal stenosis and left neural foramina narrowing ,resulting in compression of exiting left L4 and traversing Left LSnerve roots at this level. Gel means Disc (Fat) the Liquid which play between the bones gap back side.
I am only 28 but my right knee is giving me so much pain. Is a knee problem or some thing else. It is very difficult to even walk. What can I do doc?
What does neck and shoulder pain indicate?
The stabbing pain that you experience around the neck and shoulder region should never be ignored as they may indicate health problems that require medical attention. There are certain points that you need to keep in mind the if you experience prolonged pain in these areas of the body.
1. Neck injury? your neck and shoulder pain should be seen as a warning sign that you need to take a look at the neck injury you may have sustained during a rear-end automobile accident. More specifically, whiplash injuries that happen when the head experiences a sudden backward and forward jerk, straining the tissues of the neck.
2. Pain in these areas of the body could indicate abnormalities in the vertebrae of your neck such as herniated disc, causing added pressure on the nerves of the spinal cord.
3. Your neck and shoulder pain complaint may also point towards muscle strains. Lifestyle factors like working long hours in front of laptops or desktops leave you with no time and zero energy to exercise, resulting in serious neck and shoulder pains.
4. Your neck and shoulder pain may also indicate the problem of cervical spondylosis. This is a degenerative disc disease, which is characterised by severe pain that originates from the neck and radiates till the shoulders.
5. Even heart problems, such as a heart attack can cause pain in the shoulder and the neck. When this happens, the condition is known as referred pain.
6. Adopting an improper body posture during lifting of heavy materials can induce pain in your body parts, with neck and shoulders being the most vulnerable areas.
7. You may be suffering from a condition known as rotator cuff injury in which the group of ligaments and muscles that support the shoulder get injured during lifting or playing any sport.
To avoid aggravating the pain from becoming more severe, you shouldn't ignore any ache that arises from these areas.
I have severe pain in my back. I can't even sit or stand for more than a hour. I suffer this throughout the day.
I feel joints pain from 2 days mostly at fingers, feet & toes. Its very lite pain & mostly feel at night not all time?
Sir im 19 years old im suffering from backbone pain since two months. I consulted orthopaedic and my reports are normal. And my beats are also paining. I used the medicines given by the doctor but there is no result. I consulted one more ortho doctor he also said that there is no problem .but my pain is not going what should I do. Im also getting upper back pain. Please answer me.
I have been suffering from right shoulder & arm pain from last three months. I consulted with an orthopedist and told me it's frozen shoulder. Please advice and tell me the remedy of it. I also ride motorcycle 60 kms daily.
My mom has around 15 yers old pain in all body and mostly back and shoulders pain I have tray lost off doctors but not resolve problem please help my mom.
Recently I had gone for bone mineral densitometry and as per observation lumbar spine (L1 to L4" could not be interpreted due to scoliosis and degenerative changes. My BMD (g/cm square is 1.114/young adult T score _ 0.9 and age matched z score _0. 1. I have been advised vitamin C tablets. Is it alarming? Please advise. I am 59 years old male and diabetic. Regards.
I have been over masturbating from last 8 years and now I feel pain in my joints, I also feel sounds coming from them if I stretch them I feel more pain and sounds coming from them. I am 22 years old and weigh 87 kg. My height is 5 feet 6 inches. Please tell me how I can get rid of this problem.
I am 34. And before one month I have got acl ligament injury. And I done acl reconstruction surgery yesterday. And today I am discharge. But the pain is too much .and no move my effected leg. What I do for this. Pl suggested for remove pain. Dr. Prescribed cefixime and diclo para tablets.
Nas chad gaya aaj, bahut dard ho raha foot me. Bike se jaa raha tha deewar tha mai piche seat pe tha. Aur deewar ke bilkul karib se jane se foot takra gaya.
If you want to relieve any lower back tension, Kati Basti is for you. This specialized therapy relieves and nourishes the lower back using herbal oils or ghee. After a gentle Ayurvedic oil therapy on the lower back, specially prepared warm herbal oil is poured over the lumbo sacral area and retained inside a dam made out of dough. The hot medicated oils helps melt lower spine rigidity and strengthen your bone tissue.
Benefits of Kati Basti
Increases the circulation in the region, as the herbal oil gets deeply absorbed into the skin, and both nourishes and strengthens the muscles and nerves
Pacifies one of the primary sites of Vata, relieving pain, soreness, and tension and restoring flexibility
Relieves chronic lower backaches and painful muscle spasms, stiffness, and degenerative problems