Submit a review for Mercy ClinicYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am 36 years old my weight is 75 and height is 6 feet. I look little skinny. Am trying to gain body muscle from 2 years. My diet schedule: 10 am I take heavy breakfast with protein shake 2 pm lunch 7: 30 pm to 8: 30 at gym 9 pm protein shake 9: 30 pm light dinner 10: 30 pm sleep But there is no gain in muscle. Can you pls suggest diet.
As obesity is becoming a big menace in daily affair to the individual's life and in their regular affairs and in the health system. Exercise and health go hand in hand, obesity is characterised as a state of low grade chronic inflammation. Excessive caloric intake compromises the immune system's ability to fight infection. High fat diets tend to depress the immune function.
Obese people are more prone to developing infections and antibiotics and vaccines do not act as well on them. To cope with this best solution through to maintain a healthy lifestyle, cycling for half an hour, a zumba class four to five times a week and a 20 minute walk are a few options that can go a long way keep immunity strong and in check.
Knee pain is one of the most common and painful ailments that can limit mobility. Injuries can result in cartilage or meniscal tears or sprains too. Obesity is another reason because of which knee pain is on the rise. Also, regular wear and tear of ligaments and tendons around the knees due to old age is another cause. These days, with reduced physical activities and sedentary lifestyles, the rate at which knees are wearing out has also become accelerated. Whatever the reason, a correct diagnosis followed by prompt treatment can help. Over the years, physiotherapy has been playing an important role in treating knee injuries. Whether to supplement the various drugs to reduce pain and inflammation or to avoid surgery, physiotherapy has helped many and its popularity is growing every day. Here are some ways that physiotherapy can help reduce pain.
- Improve flexibility of tendons: The knee cap is an area where there are lot of tendons and ligaments, coordinating to enable movement. Careful exercising can ensure that the flexibility of tendons and ligaments is improved, thereby making your knee movement easier and less painful.
- Improves blood supply: As we all know, proper movement requires good blood supply. Exercising with special focus on the knee ensures that blood supply is improved, and thereby the supporting ligaments and tendons function optimally.
- Enhances the knee cap function: The knee cap is that portion which joins your thigh bone to your calf bones. This is prone to slip out of place, especially with arthritis and injuries. This can be painful and limit movement to a great degree. Focused exercises aimed at improving knee cap function will ensure that the knee cap has a wider range of function, and does not slip out of its socket easily.
- Reduce rigidity: Once you start physiotherapy, you will feel your knees getting more flexible. The rigidity that had set in as a result of injuries and/or old age will also reduce over a period of time.
- Slow down the wear and tear: When you start physiotherapy after knee damage, continuing the exercise routine, of course with expert guidance, can reduce the pace at which further damage might happen. A word of caution though. Be sure to consult an experienced physiotherapist before you begin. Exercising in a bad manner can do equal or more harm than the original injury or old age itself.
What do mean by healthy breakfast, What r the food ,i will choose to take my break fast, dinner ,lunch to maintain healthy life?
Dear Sir/Mam I am 25 year old. I want to know that protinex powder is suitable for my health, people says its beneficial for only child. And sir I also want to know that Milk powder is better to drink if milk is not available. Please Help!
If Microwave is harmful what about using (Oven, Toaster, grill) OTG instead for preheating /grilling/baking?
What is the use of eating peanut butter. What are the pros and cons. How much we can take on daily basis.
Sir my father have pain in knees doctor says that this is due to increase of lactic acid in body then what should we do what we prefer to eat.
Hello Dr. I am having too much pain in my runner knee coz I start running in morning from last week.
Sir my age is 23, my height is 6 Foot and weight is 58, I am very slim and week, low stamina, how become healthy.
Business world has evolved in the past few decades in such a manner where small businesses grow to become corporate. The world is increasingly being dominated by corporations and a significant number of people also work in these places.
Stress and The Corporate World:
One of the things that come along with the corporate environment is stress as it brings with it an entirely new lifestyle. Irregular food habits, odd shift durations, insufficient sleeping hours and extremely tough work situations are all part and parcel of this corporate world. Although highly rewarding in the path of materialistic pursuits, it squeezes out your life-force and pushes you to stress and other diseases such as:
Acidity and other gastrointestinal problems just to mention a few.
Methods to Deal with Stress in the Corporate World:
In the corporate world, the level of stress proliferates quickly and very few workplaces actually harbor a healthy atmosphere to look after their employees. Thus you have to take steps to reduce stress by yourself. Here are some of the ways by which you can save yourself from the parasite of stress.
You may often feel everything around you going haywire in your workplace. The next time you have this notion, try gathering your focus on everything that is going right instead. Let optimism fill your day and keep your cool knowing that losing it will only cause you harm.
At work, when hours fall short for achieving your target, keep a To-Do list to manage your priorities in an efficient and organized way.
For most people work seems to engulf their entire life. Do not allow this to happen at any cost. Maintain a healthy balance between your office and your personal commitments. Make time for the people you love.
Take short breaks in between your work to rejuvenate your energy level.
Try out methods of relaxation, for instance a long walk, a hot bath, yoga or meditation.
Assess your work at the end of the day as well as set a schedule plan for the tasks to be completed on the following day.
Engage in hobbies like drawing, painting, dancing and gardening or music to disconnect from the pressures of the corporate world.
Pay a visit to a psychologist or a stress management workshop to de-stress yourself.