Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Internal Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Internal Medicine Specialists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Internal Medicine Specialists online in Udaipur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kamlesh Bhatt
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Treatment of H.I.V
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Liver Problems Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Ibs) Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kamlesh BhattYour feedback matters!
I am having body pain from last 4 year and taking tramadol hydrochloride, and become addicted for the same. What should I do? Is this tablet harmful?
Hi sir/madam I am suffering from lack of sleep i am not getting sleep because of my tensions and thinking .day by day this problem getting worst even nite 2 im not sleeping. My friend suggest me restyl 0.25 mg tablet .is this tablet helps me. Or not? Pls suggest me a tablet for sleep.
I have put on too much weight. Please give me some suggestions to lose it and make myself fit n healthy.
Weight loss is a major area of concern for many. From exercise to diet, sleep to lifestyle, everything needs to fall in order in order to ensure a safe and quick weight loss. While diet plays a crucial role in the weigh-loss process, there are some long-standing myths that are associated with the same. In this article, we will explore some of the myths.
- All calories are the same: All calories contain the same amount of energy. A different source of a calorie has a different effect on the body. Calories take different metabolic paths and have unique effects on the hunger and hormone of the body. While some calories are feeling, some are not. Some boost metabolism, some curb hunger. The notion that all calories are the same is untrue.
- The process of weight loss is linear: Many are of the belief that the process of losing weight is linear, which is not. There are weeks when the body weight increases instead of decreasing. This is entirely normal. The stomach might support more food or the process of work out can support more water than earlier. These are the few reasons that can lead to weight gain.
- Supplements help to lose weight: While the fat supplement industry is massive, their effect on the body is still doubtful. The main reason why people opt for these is the placebo effect. The best of supplements helps to curb hunger, thereby helping an individual to intake less amount of food and ensure weight loss. This being said, there are very few supplements which can directly help to reduce weight.
- Moving more and eating less leads to weight loss: This is yet another myth associated with weight loss. To lose calorie, it is imperative to sweat out as much as once can. Even eating less is a logical move to ensure weight loss happens. However, this process is most likely to fail. The weight lost via this process eventually comes back. The long-term solution for weight loss, therefore, is a diet plan and a sustained workout plan.
- Carbs result in weight gain: This is yet another myth related to weight loss. The truth is that not all carbs are bad. While refined carbs are directly related to weight gain, there are carbs from whole grain foods that are extremely healthy and can become an essential part of the weight loss program for the long run.
- High protein diet is efficient for weight loss: It is common myth that high protein diet is effective in weight loss as on a regular basis getting your calories from high protein foods like meat, eggs, and cheese is not a balanced eating plan. As, these foods are equally high in fat and cholesterol and consuming it can cause heart problems. When you consume high protein diet you tend to consume less of fruits, vegetables and whole grains, which may lead to constipation due to lack of dietary fiber and can cause lack of essential vitamins and minerals. Following a high protein diet can also make you feel nauseous, tired and weak.
- FAD Diet is the ultimate way to lose weight: Fad diets are not the best way to lose weight and keep it off. These diets often promise quick weight loss if you strictly reduce what you eat or avoid some types of foods. These diets may help you lose weight at first, but they are hard to follow. Most people quickly get tired of them and regain any lost weight.
- Eating late or just before going to bed tends to make you gain weight: It's not true. When it comes to weight gain or loss, it is not the time of day that makes the difference — it’s what you are consuming.
- "Low-fat /No-fat" diet is equal to "Low calories/No calories": The fact is that you have to count your calories more than the amount of fat in your food. So if you are having something rich in calories, it doesn’t matter whether it is low in fat. A lot of these fat-free products actually contain a lot of sugar, and frequent sugar spikes can lead to visceral fat deposition. Furthermore, you should not avoid fatty foods because they provide you with a sense of fullness.
- Dieting is the only way to lose weight: Combining exercise with a healthy eating plan is the right way to lose weight and keep it off in a healthy way. Regular exercise helps reduce your appetite and burns calories more efficiently. You should incorporate weight-training exercises to build lean muscle. This will act as your own built-in furnace to help you burn calories and lose body fat.
- Potatoes make you fat!: It was once thought that the key to weight loss was eliminating all high-carbohydrate foods, including pasta, rice and potatoes. We now know that carbohydrates are the body's preferred energy source. Eating a potato, or any type of carbohydrate-rich food, won't automatically make you fatter.
- "Magical Foods" help you lose weight: Some foods, such as grapefruit or kelp, are said to burn off body fat. This is not true. Dietary fibre comes closest to fulfilling this wish, because it provides a feeling of 'fullness' with minimal kilojoules. High-fibre foods such as fruit, vegetables, wholegrain breads and cereals, and legumes also tend to be low in fa
The key to weight loss is portion-control and maintaining the desired calorie balance by living a healthy lifestyle. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.