Wilson'S Disease Treatment
Treatment Of Liver Diseases
Diabetes In Children Treatment
Treatment For Gastritis
Treatment For Abdominal Pain
Acute Pancreatitis Treatment
My Father is suffering from High Sugar and High BP after the treatment of 2 year in this field so please suggest me how this problem can be removed. What is the appropriate way to remove this problem.
Doctor, last week I went to amusement park and played in water so I get fever and throat pain after a day a small lump occurs in neck .the lump is painful for two days but now little pain only but the lump is not reduce in size .i am worried please help me. Llthe lump is there for four days.
I have a problem of very intense sweating and whenever I get nervous body gets very warm and I sweat profusely. Some happens when I do a little bit of exertion with my body. Even if a walk little distance my body gets very warm and that result in sweat. Say for example I pick some heavy thing to move it from one place to other I get very warm. I was giving blood 2 months back when doc told me that you have high Hemoglobin ,it 18 then. So yeah my breath does get shorter at times and mere dam fullne lagta hai. Is just cause of HB or what.
Hi doctor my name is Nagendra. I am suffering headache from childhood on wards. Now I have 25 years old. My parents didn't get idea I have a headache. I think it is migraine. When I am getting this I am feeling very pain and some times getting vomiting. I am from Bangalore doing software job search. I was taken two times ct scanning but doctors said me there nothing. Is there any avoiding this for this. Let me know. please help me sir. Doctors are like a god. please give me suggestions.
I am having obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) how and where to treat it. Help me with this. Thanks.
I am a 22 year old female. I do not know exactly if I have depression or anxiety problem? But I really feel depressed when I am alone. That is I do not show my "feeling low" to anyone. I do everything with them. But somewhere behind my mind I know I am not able to be what I want to. I feel useless. I do not find any useful reason behind why am I born? I really want to get out of this.
Dear Doctors. Good evening. Sir I am 34, male. My question is about heart rate. Normal healthy heart rate should be 70-72. What if the heart rate falls to 67 or 68 like that. Is that any functional problem ot heart or its normal please advise.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a painful disease of the joints, mostly affecting older people. It mostly results in swollen, aching joints that make movement extremely challenging. Rheumatoid arthritis results in receding and tenderness of the synovial membrane. This leads to a decline in flexibility, causing intense distress, thus hindering daily activities.
Steps to manage the discomfort caused by it
There is no complete cure for Rheumatoid arthritis. The discomfort however, can be controlled to a certain extent with regular exercises, change in diet and medications.
Regular exercise can help in increasing the flexibility, maintaining the synovial fluid between joints that help in lubrication.
Home remedies including use of medical oils to massage the affected joints on a regular basis. In this case, there are several herbal or Ayurvedic oils available, that can provide temporary remedy.
It is important to increase the intake of vitamin D. This can be done by spending a short while out in the sun every day. Vitamin D supplements are also available in the form of capsules.
A decrease in the alcohol consumption is highly recommended to people with bones and joints disorders.
Swimming is an excellent exercise as it causes minimal labour on the joints. It is extremely beneficial to all people.
It is important to lose excess weight, so as to lessen the pressure on the joints. For example, heavy and wide waist structure can affect the knees in the long run. It can help increase your energy level and help you function efficiently.
Smoking and drinking affect almost all organs of the body eventually and lead to a painful death or physical abnormalities. It has been found that overindulgence in alcohol and tobacco can also flare up chances of rheumatoid arthritis.
It has been found that rheumatoid arthritis mostly affects women. Therefore, women need to be exceptionally cautious about their daily exercise schedule and diet.
Cortisone shots are injections that help relieve pain and inflammation. They are injected directly into the joints such as the ankle, wrist, knee, hip, shoulder, elbow or spine. These injections are a combination of corticosteroids and local anaesthetics. These corticosteroids are similar to the hormones produced by the adrenal gland. Cortisone injections are often used to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger finger, shoulder bursitis and plantar fasciitis. Though they do not cure the disease but they provide temporary relief.
These injections may be slightly painful but provide relief in a day or two that lasts for a few weeks or months at a stretch. Hence, cortisone shots provide relief faster and have longer lasting results than other forms of anti-inflammatory medication. Another benefit of cortisone injections as compared to other drugs that need to be taken in through the mouth is that it avoids side effects of anti-inflammatory medication such as an upset stomach etc. Cortisone injections can also be used to treat backaches and pain that radiates from the spine to an arm or leg.
However, cortisone injections are associated with a number of risks. These include:
- Infection in the joints
- Nerve damage
- Thinning of tissue and skin around the injection site
- Pain and inflammation in the joint
- Weakening or rupturing of tendons
- Osteoporosis or thinning of bones
- Lightening of skin around the injection site
- Osteonecrosis or death of bones in the injected area
- Blood sugar spikes – this is seen mostly in diabetic patients
- Weakening of the immune system if the person has an underlying infection
In most cases, these side effects are short-lived. Higher dosages and frequent administration can increase the body’s exposure to the corticosteroid. This increases the risk of long-term side effects such as:
- Easy bruising
- Weight gain
- Cataract formation
- Puffiness of the face
- High blood pressure
Cortisone may also be held responsible for the deterioration of cartilage inside a joint. For this reason, doctors do not advise cortisone injections to be had more than 3-4 times a year. The minimum interval between two cortisone injections must be 6 weeks. Doctors also typically limit the number of injections given in one joint.
When used judiciously, cortisone injections can greatly improve the quality of a patient’s life. Hence it is very important to get treated only by a qualified doctor and to completely understand the pros and cons of using this form of treatment.
Situated in the neck, the thyroid gland plays an important role in the body– it produces hormones required for regulating growth. Through its role, the thyroid gland influences most metabolic processes in the body. Problems of the thyroid gland can range from simple conditions such as goiter (enlargement of the thyroid glands) to something as fatal as cancer. The most common thyroid problem is the abnormal production of hormones.
Overproduction of hormones by the thyroid gland results in ‘hyperthyroidism’ whereas underproduction of hormones causes ‘hypothyroidism’. It is necessary to take steps to deal with thyroid problems as their complications can be severe at times.
Ayurveda is a time honored system of medicine, the treatments of which have holistic healing properties. Ayurvedic treatments are free from side effects as they do not contain synthetic ingredients. In case of thyroid problems, Ayurvedic remedies focus on balancing the production of hormones. The various doshas in the body – kapha, vata and pitta are balanced, so as to promote overall wellbeing.
The various Ayurvedic herbs that help with addressing thyroid problems are –
Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is a very widely used herb in Ayurvedic medicine due to its numerous benefits. It has anti-oxidizing properties which calm the brain and strengthen the immune system. It helps relieve symptoms of fatigue and inability to focus, both being indicators of thyroid problems.
Bacopa: Bacopa is a herb that is extremely beneficial for the overall health of the nervous system. It helps you focus better while boosting memory capacity. It also helps in controlling and reducing inflammation.
Black Walnut: Black walnut is rich in magnesium that helps in proper functioning of the thyroid gland, a deficiency of which causes thyroid problems.
Bugleweed: A herb that is effective in treating cold and cough, bugleweed also has beneficial effects on the thyroid gland. It is often used as a sedative or an astringent.
Coleus: Coleus is a herb that is rich in anti-oxidants, which help in minimizing free radical damage in the body. It helps in improving the functioning of the thyroid gland and also helps in the treatment of certain cardiovascular disorders.
Echinacea: A herb that strengthens the immune system of the body, Echinacea plays a vital role in preventing thyroid problems.
During the menstrual days, it is necessary to use some kind of padding or easily absorbent material to remain clean and hygienic throughout the day. This material is available in form of tampons or sanitary napkins.
What is the difference between tampons and sanitary napkin
- The tampon is a mass of retentive material shaped in a cylinder, which needs to be inserted into the vagina. Most tampons have a cord or string to aid manual removal. Tampons are used especially when you have to wear tight fitting clothes.
- The sanitary napkins are disposable flat pads that are worn externally to collect menstrual blood and prevent staining. These are mostly made of rayon or cotton. They are available in a variety of sizes, with added benefits of extra absorption and fragrance in some cases. They are easier to carry.
Benefits of using a tampon
- Tampons are easy to use provided you are very well informed and well practiced about its usage and methods of insertion
- Tampons can absorb menstrual blood, depending on your flow, for up to six hours.
- Tampons are more hygienic as the entire material does not get soaked. This helps in preventing the menstrual blood from coming in contact with underwear, skin and staining other clothing.
Disadvantages of using a tampoon
- Tampons, if not changed within 4-6 hours, may cause leakage and staining.
- The insertion of a tampon is extremely inconvenient and uncomfortable if not used by practiced hands.
- Incorrect insertion can be painful and lead to injuries and infection
- Leaving a tampon on for too long can cause a Toxic Shock Syndrome. It is a fatal disease caused by toxins and bacterial infection.
- Tampons may increase menstrual cramps in some cases.
Benefits of using sanitaary napkins
- Sanitary napkins are easy to use. They come in flat, rectangular shapes of absorbent material that are stuck on the underwear and absorb menstrual blood externally.
- Can be worn overnight.
- Easier to use and convenient to carry around.
- Helps to monitor the flow of blood
- Lessens the risk of infections, and there are fewer health risks
Disadvantages of sanitary napkins
- Cannot prevent menstrual odours
- The absorption rate is lower than tampons
- They show through clothing and tight fitted clothes cannot be worn
It is difficult to say which one is a better or healthier option. Both kinds have their own advantages and disadvantages and are a matter of individual preference. No matter what you use, it is important for you to keep in mind that it is necessary to change it after a few hours, and regular washing helps keeping the menstrual odour in check. It also keeps the pubic region clean and free from the risks of bacterial infections. It is necessary to remain active and maintain a healthy diet to have a regular smooth flow without blood clots. In case of uncontrolled bleeding, you must seek medical attention without delay.
Anxiety refers to an emotion,which you may feel due to a stressful condition. No matter how much you try, it is not possible for you to stay happy and carefree always. There are many situations in life that make you anxious and create stressful conditions for you. But you must try your best to overcome anxiety, as prolonged anxiety can lead to severe health problems such as heart diseases, asthma and chest pain. There are many causes responsible for anxiety.
Some of the causes are as follows
- Emotional stress which may develop due to personal problems.
- Stress at your workplace or educational institute.
- If you suffer from any traumatic situation, then it may lead to anxiety.
- Financial problems may cause stress and anxiety.
- Stress caused due to social problems.
Some of the most common symptoms of anxiety are
- Muscle pain
- Feeling restless
- You experience rapid heart beats
- You may often get irritated
Homeopathy offers promising treatments for reducing anxiety
Some of the treatment methods are mentioned below
- Aconite: Your doctor may suggest you this medicine if you show symptoms of breathing trouble or you experience rapid heartbeats or if the complexion of your face changes. This is also recommended in case of panic attacks and nervousness.
- Lycopodium: This is effective in reducing anxiety if the cause of your anxiousness is emotional stress and also if you show symptoms of irritation, diarrhea or fear of claustrophobic situations.
- Phosphorus: This medicine is recommended if you suffer from emotional stress and show symptoms of extreme and uncontrolled anger.
- Pulsatilla: This is a medicine, which may be advised to you if you suffer from anxiety due to emotional insecurity.
- Argentum Nitricum: This may be prescribed to you if you suffer from anxiety resulting from phobias.
- Arsenic album: Your doctor may advice you this medicine if you show symptoms of restlessness or if your anxiety is due to financial insecurity.
Homeopathic treatment for anxiety is very effective since it treats your problem after examining the root cause of your anxiety.
Piercing is a form of body ornamentation. It involves the use of needles to pierce through the skin and attach a piece of jewellery to the skin. The purpose of piercing is to beautify and in case of genital piercing, it comes with the additional perks of sexual stimulation. However, this completely depends on individual preference. In the female genital anatomy, several parts are suitable for piercing. This includes the clitoral hood, the labia and the vulva vestibule.
How piercing should be done?
1. The skin around the area where the piercing is to be done must be cleaned with antiseptic.
2. A topical anaesthetic may be applied to temporarily numb the area to be pierced. This helps to control pain.
3. Any piercing must be carried out by a licensed, well-practised professional.
4. Piercing must be done with the use of new, unused, sterilized needles, which are easily disposable.
5. After-care must be provided immediately after the piercing. This includes the application of medicated healing creams, or an ice pack that relieves the pain of piercing. Typically a piercing should heal completely by the sixth week.
Risks associated with vaginal piercing
1. Wrong technique of piercing can lead to uncontrollable bleeding and wounds.
2. Poor placement of jewellery can cause the piercing to heal very slowly and painfully.
3. Poor sterilization of needles and unhygienic methods can cause severe skin infections and other complications.
4. Tearing of skin or sagging of the clitoral hood, or labia can occur due to the improper weight of the jewellery placed.
5. Spread of genital disease may occur if the piercer does not use gloves or antiseptic during the procedure.
Never opt for a piercing just because your friends are getting it done. A healthy method of getting pierced involves an understanding of your anatomy, skin type, tolerance of certain kinds of metal on your skin and extremely hygienic conditions. It sure is fashionable and may appeal to people with a different sense of aesthetics, but you must never ignore the risks. Do a thorough background check of the piercer you would like to visit and the possible after care products that you can use. It would also help to quickly get a check up done by a doctor before going ahead with the piercing.
The immune system is an important structure of the body. The group of functions and structures of immune system protects the body from the attack of foreign bodies and help in recovering, in case the body is attacked by a disease. So keeping the immune system healthy and strong is very much important to live a disease free life.
Generally, people believe that a healthy lifestyle with full of healthy food and exercise lead us to a healthy and immune body. But the fact is that the healthy body needs a healthy mind and soul as well. People with stress and lack of precaution in the sudden climate change can also have weak immune system and even with a healthy lifestyle can suffer from diseases.
This conveys a very important message to people that strengthening and boosting the immune system is a must in any period of life. A well-planned strategy is needed to get rid of the unwanted attack of the harmful foreign bodies. If you are thinking that how to boost up your immunity then don’t worry, various simple, natural and effective measures are available to boost up the functioning of your immune system.
To boost up your immunity, homeopathic remedies are considered as the most ancient and effective healthcare system. So the best-matched remedies can be prescribed by the help of proper qualification.
As Arsenicum album is the most common homeopathic remedy, which is effective and essential for the strengthening of the immune system. You should take arsenic under the proper guidance of a homeopathic physician. They can suggest the best-suited medicine and the dose according to the body type and nature of the individual.
Many people try to find out medicines to the internet or some referral books but the consultation of some expert physician is very important as in homeopathy use of every medicine varies with the symptoms or characteristics of the individual. Homeopathy is the one of the best health care system to give effective results and can boost up your immunity in the minimal time period.
An orthopaedic fracture is a serious issue that will require lots of care for the bones to heal and re-join. A broken bone is usually plastered so that the tissue may grow back together by fusing eventually, over a period of weeks. When these bones begin to rebuild in an effort to come together, the new bones are called soft callus. This will require lots of energy, which primarily comes from calories. This ensures that essential proteins like amino acids can be taken from the right type of food which would stimulate good blood flow.
So, let us take a look at the best diet that one can follow in order to recover from a fracture.
- Kale: Leafy green vegetables and herbs like kale can help in supplying good amount of protein and iron as well as calcium, which is highly important for good and strong bones. One can also find plenty of calcium in salmon and other kinds of sea food like sardines; consuming these can speed up the process. Sea vegetables like seaweed can also help in the process.
- Yogurt: Calcium can be supplied by various other kinds of food including yogurt, which has two kinds of amino acids. These amino acids are lysine and glutamine, which can assist the bones in swift calcium absorption for better recovery of the broken bones.
- Spinach: This is a very important ingredient in the bone healing process thanks to its dual elements of calcium and zinc, which come together to cause the appropriate chemical reaction for bone rebuilding. Other zinc heavy food items include pumpkin seeds and wheat germ as well as red meat.
- Broccoli: Ingredients like broccoli are rich in Vitamin K1, which is known to very good for the bone recovery process. This vitamin helps in mineralisation of the bone so that they may fuse with each other and form a new mass. One can have up to one cup of this green vegetable per day for a quick and effective fracture recovery process. Other ingredients like cheese and raw dairy products are known to have plenty of this vitamin as well.
- Green Bell Peppers: High on vitamin C which helps in producing the skin and tissue structuring element called collagen, green bell peppers are an excellent ingredient that can help you in your fracture healing process. Vitamin C can also be found in citrus fruits like oranges, strawberries as well as tomatoes.
- Milk: While milk has plenty of calcium, it also has another important ingredient called vitamin D. When calcium and vitamin D come together, the bones tend to heal much faster as vitamin D helps the bones in absorbing the calcium at a much high rate.
Consuming too much alcohol can cause people a lot of problems like nausea and headache. Additionally, it can also mess up with your bowel movements and affects your motions by giving you loose motions or constipation. Alcohol hinders digestion, causes dehydration and drying out, discourages glucose metabolism and compromises the working of the central and peripheral nervous systems. The combined effect of these components is the primary reason for chronic constipation, identified with alcohol misuse.
Here are a few reasons why and how alcohol can mess up with your poop:
- Dehydration: Alcohol tends to dehydrate the body almost as much as a session in a sauna does. That is the reason your mouth feels so dry the next morning. Once your body gets dehydrated, it works extra minutes to recover the liquids and electrolytes from any place it can find them, including from the substance of your stomach. Accordingly, stools become dry, hard and difficult to pass.
- Powerlessness to move bowels: Alcohol smothers intestinal peristalsis and kills the urge to move your bowels. For the same reason, it kills your decision making ability. Inability to move your bowel when you want, expands, impacts and solidifies the already dried out stools until it gets too difficult to go out without straining and subjecting yourself to anorectal harm. These are the two issues that usually precede chronic constipation.
- Loss of electrolytes: Alcohol causes loss of electrolytes that are vital to hold dampness in the poop. Eg. Sodium and potassium. Water maintenance in the body and stools requires sodium and potassium, the minerals known as electrolytes. These are not stored in the body for the same prolonged way as calcium or magnesium and they require constant replenishment. Since alcohol stimulates urination and regularly causes diarrhea and nausea, these minerals are rapidly lost.
- Occupies digestion: Alcohol in excess causes extreme vomiting that encourages the majority of the above conditions. Liquor hinders stomach absorption and causes deferred stomach emptying. This condition is known as gastroparesis. After around 8 to 10 hours inside the stomach, undigested proteins begin to spoil. This can lead to loss of appetite and the inability to eat proper meals.
- Diarrhea: Alcohol affects your glucose level to such a degree that it might bring about loss of bowel capacity control and result in loose bowels, with symptoms like vomiting and nausea. Just like sometimes the knees go powerless on you from an excessive amount of alcohol, so does your bowel movement. In turn, diarrhea and vomiting are caused due to excess intake of alcohol may bring about serious irritation of the whole GI tract and digestive system, and fester in the body for quite a while.