Are you aware of the causes and symptoms of vertigo? Also known as bhrama in Ayurveda, vertigo is a balance disorder. It is also referred to as a spinning sensation and head rush. A sense of spinning of the nearby surroundings is experienced by a person affected by vertigo. Standing in an upright position becomes difficult. The onset of this condition occurs in several ways. Ayurveda has a complex explanation for vertigo or bhrama and various natural home remedies in Ayurveda for vertigo is available.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Vertigo Problem
Is there any ayurvedic treatment for vertigo?. Yes, according to Ayurveda, vertigo is caused because of your pitta and Vata doshas.
- When the Vata and pitta doshas get excited, abnormal functioning of the balance mechanism within your inner ear is caused.
- A vestibular imbalance or an imbalance in the inner part of your ear is the primary cause of vertigo. It disrupts the coordination of a stimulus and response.
- Any defect or disruption in the proper flow of oxygen to the ear can result in vertigo attacks.
Factors Causing Imbalance in Doshas
Vertigo Or Bhrama in Ayurveda can be affected by these factors and to main balance between these factors ayurvedic home remedies are sued to treat vertigo problem:
- Viral infections like the common cold
- Ear problems like discharges, infections in the ear cavity, and perforation of the eardrum
- Certain cardiovascular diseases such as low blood pressure, valve diseases, and improper heart rhythms
- Migraine and anemia
- Certain neck ailments such as cervical spondylosis
- Arthritis and injury to the head that leads to concussions
Natural Ayurvedic Medicines for Vertigo Problem
Several Ayurvedic herbs and remedies are used for the treatment of vertigo. These herbs are added to a patient’s regular diet. They are as follows:
- Ashwagandha: This Ayurvedic medicine commonly used for dealing with respiratory problems that result in vertigo or bhrama. Ashwagandha improves the flow of oxygen in your body.
- Ginkgo: Ginkgo is the most effective Ayurvedic herb for curbing all forms of circulatory problems. It enhances the flow of oxygen to various parts of your body. This home remedy is ideal for the reduction and elimination of vertigo. It also cures ringing in the ears, which is a common vertigo symptom.
- Vacha: In Ayurveda, roots of the vacha tree are effective in giving relief to vertigo patients.
- Guduchi Kasaya: A concoction made of Guduchi Kasaya is effective in curing vertigo problems. One should have 30ml of the concoction every morning, at least half an hour before breakfast.
- Triphala: Other important Ayurvedic remedies that help with vertigo management include Triphala, Sarpagandha, Yogendra rasa, Saraswatarishtha, and many others.
It is recommended for you to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner before starting Ayurvedic treatment or medicines for vertigo on your own. He will be able to diagnose your condition and severity and accordingly prescribe the best treatment.
Update From Lybrate: Brain care supplements are beneficial for the healthy working of the brain. Buy Memory Booster Supplements from Lybrate and enhance your creativity, skills, memory, etc.