Habits that make you look older The process of ageing differs from person to person. Some tend to age faster than their biological age in comparison to others that look refreshingly younger always. This ageing process often is dependent on your lifestyle, dietary habits and environment and all the other habits that you maintain everyday.
1. Bad sleeping habits: Your body needs to reinvigorate itself every day and for this to happen, you need to make sleeping a priority. While everyone's sleep requirements are different, seven to eight hours of fitful sleep is required daily.
2. Having a sweet tooth: Anything in excess is never good, especially when you're not exactly sweet sixteen always. A diet with an overt emphasis on sugar, will only add to your waistline. Its end products tend to damage the collagen and the elastin, leading to saggy and wrinkly skin
3. Smoking: It is a known fact that is damaging to your health, but it also speeds up ageing. Its harmful chemicals deprive your cells of oxygen leading to a pale appearance. They also break down the collagen in the skin, once again leading to wrinkly skin.
4. Drinking: Being a natural diuretic, alcohol causes dehydration. This robs your skin of its natural moisture, making you look much older. It also rids your body of Vitamin A and C that are antioxidants important for making your skin look supple and well hydrated.
5. Exposure to sun rays: Sun rays only do more harm to your skin than good. Exposure to its ultra-violet rays (UV rays) can weaken your blood cells which can make your skin look leathery. It can lead to pigmentation of skin as well. Sagging and wrinkling follow.
6. Not enough veggies: Veggies are essentially antioxidants that help you look youthful, but they only last for so long and must be replenished daily. It is important to take care of your body and small changes to your everyday routine can go a long way to slow that ageing process and make you look your age- young and refreshing.
Allergic rhinitis can be one of the reasons for your constant sneezing. It can either be there throughout the year or during specific seasons.
Allergic rhinitis, also known as hay fever, is a type of inflammation in the nose which occurs when the immune system overreacts to allergens in the air.
Possible triggers include grass, pollen, dust mites, cockroaches, cigarette smoke, and perfume. Tree and flower pollens are more common in the spring.
You may think that you need a routine health check-up every 6 months but some patients may require a more frequent check-up depending on person to person.
What happens during a dental check-up?
A lot of smokers now are well aware of the dangers of smoking, but yet they find it hard to quit this habit. In fact, even repeated attempts to quit smoking fail after a few days as they tend to give in to a variety of withdrawal symptoms. In case you are searching for a permanent solution to de-focus and avoid tobacco intake, yoga is the way to venture out of the smoke and free yourself of the addiction.
Compelling well-being programs that plan to improve people and bring back their focus on things that help them lead a solid and happy life can be sought. In this manner, their friends and families get a chance to inhale fresh air as well. Yoga is one such measure which can be used.
Here are a couple of yoga poses that are helpful in getting rid of tobacco addiction:
Yoga is a very beneficial form of releasing stress and tension as well as your addictions. It takes a long time to show results but the results are long-lasting and highly effective.
Your hearing is one of the most important functions your body carries out and sometimes you realize that you are losing your sense of hearing when it is too late to get it back. There are two main reasons for this. One of the reasons is age, as the inner ear's hair cells break down and do not pick up sound well.
Here are 9 ways to safeguard your hearing:
1. Try to avoid loud places - It is not advisable to go to places where you have to shout to be heard such as in a street, a concert or a construction site.
2. Buy low noise rating equipment - The equipments in your house will make sounds that you hear the most. Try to avoid these equipments by buying appliances with a low noise rating.
3. Wear hearing protection at loud places - However, it is true that it is not always possible to avoid loud noises. This is when you need to get hearing protection. Earplugs and earmuffs are two of the best ways to make sure that even when you are in a loud place, your hearing does not get affected. Earplugs and earmuffs generally reduce sound by 15 to 30 decibels which may be crucial to make sure that later in your life, you do not lose your hearing.
4. Avoid smoke - Smoking raises your chances of hearing loss. Second hand smoke does the same thing. Therefore, try to stop smoking if you are a smoker, and try to stop consuming second hand smoke if you are not a smoker.
5. Remove earwax properly - Earwax cannot be removed properly using a cotton swab. Instead, you should use an irrigation kit. Remember this as otherwise; the earwax could muffle your hearing.
6. Avoid medications which reduce hearing - Certain medications increase hearing loss. Therefore, double check with your doctor to make sure your medicines will not make you lose your hearing.
7. Get your hearing tested - Finally, get your hearing tested as identifying the problem early on can help stop worsen the situation.
8. Avoid using earbuds - Earbuds should not be used regularly as it may accidentally damage your eardrum which can eventually lead to hearing loss can happen.
9. Taking anti-oxidants and vitamins - Recent studies have proved that taking vitamins and anti-oxidants in adequate amount help avoiding the hearing loss for a long time.
Tobacco Cessation or the practice of quitting smoking requires dedication, determination, and planning. Tobacco smoking is a bad habit that one might have got from adolescence but as the person grows up, he/she finds it difficult to maintain good health due to this reason. That is why it is important to adopt some of the ways that can help to quit smoking.
Let us look at some of these ways:
1. Cold Turkey
This is one of the most effective ways to quit tobacco smoking, but it also is one of the most difficult ways for the purpose. Cold turkey needs sheer willpower because this practice requires a person to quit smoking all of a sudden. The practice of quitting smoking is done without any outside help, therapy or medication.
2. Nicotine Substitutions
This is also a very effective method to quit smoking. Tobacco smoking is the process where a person pumps nicotine in the blood through smoke. As soon as one stops getting that nicotine hit, the person starts to get agitated and starts smoking again. What if one could substitute that way of nicotine consumption? That would be better. So, nicotine patches and nicotine gums are one of those mediums through which a person gets nicotine in blood without the need of smoking.
The human brain gets dependent on nicotine over time, which also means that the mind is dependent on the nicotine to be happy (Dopamine secretion). As soon as people withdraw themselves from nicotine, the mind starts to have mood alterations and the person may also feel depressed. Bupropion is an antidepressant that helps a smoker quit smoking without being depressed and agitated. Bupropion also reduces the pleasure and other symptoms the smoker gets from tobacco smoking.
This is also one of the widely used antidepressants that help tobacco smokers manage their mood during withdrawal. The varenicline reduces the pleasing effect that a person gets from smoking. Though varenicline is quite effective, it is discontinued in some countries because of its side effects like nausea and fatigue.
This is also one of the most helpful methods to quit smoking. Smokers usually have certain triggers that urge them to smoke. The therapist talks about those particular triggers and helps a person manage those triggers through different activities like talking therapy and mind exercises. Going to a therapist is one of the smartest decisions one can take as the first step to tobacco cessation.
Quitting smoking isn’t an easy step. However, through systematic planning and seeking help, it can be managed. Tobacco cessation takes time, but once people achieve their goal, they will feel healthy and happy like never before.
Healthy skin is a sign of overall good health and vitality. Skin problem is one of the most persistent problems encountered by people. It is imperative therefore, that you take care of your skin to avoid skin disorders. Various factors, such as pollution, smoking, eating processed food and a sedentary lifestyle contribute to unhealthy skin.
There are certain habits, which can be followed by you on a regular basis to restore the health of your skin. Some of them are:
In spite of several reminders about the ill- effects of smoking, you might still be an unperturbed chain smoker. Smoking is one vice that not only ruins the health of your heart, lungs and brain, but it also damages your skin. The changes smoking can bring about are usually gradual and hence we tend to overlook. A peek into the effects of smoking on your skin may curb your urge to smoke henceforth.
A healthy skin is the easiest key to the secret of looking pretty and confident. Quit smoking and experience the wonderful effects.
When you face difficulty in maintaining an erection long enough for having a satisfactory sexual intercourse, it is said to be caused due to a condition called impotence. Sexual satisfaction is vital in a relationship, and when impotence is the reason for displeasure, you must try to understand the cause of impotence.
Often, believed to have a connection with the consumption of marijuana, many people ask questions whether it is possible to treat this condition or not. Well, there are quite a few options that can treat this particular sexual problem of men.
What is marijuana?
Marijuana is a psychoactive drug, also known as cannabis, acquired from the cannabis plant, which is intended for recreational and medical purposes. As far as the global status of marijuana is concerned, it is an illicit drug that is most commonly used. Containing over 400 chemicals, the effects of marijuana can be psychosis, suicidal thinking, mood changes, addictions, etc.
Can marijuana influence impotence?
Many studies have established a relationship between marijuana and erectile dysfunction or impotence. But marijuana does not have a direct influence on erectile dysfunction. Rather, it's the effects that marijuana has on the brain that increases the risks of the exasperating and depilating sexual problem called impotence.
Many people smoke marijuana as it leaves them mentally feeling all good and pleasant. Every time they smoke marijuana, the levels of the inflammatory hormones in the body such as the prostaglandin e-2increases. Though these hormones help in relaxing the muscles of the body, an excessive production of them can cause serious inflammation in the body. Therefore, consumption of marijuana beyond the right dosage leads to the arteries becoming constricted. The arteries play a crucial role in erections, and the inability of the arteries in pumping enough blood to the necessary areas results in erectile dysfunction.
How homeopathy and sexology can be of help?
Sexology is the study of the human relationships and sexual life that focuses on analyzing, and offering a solution to the sexual problems. While homeopathy deals with boosting the immunity power of the body from within and eliminating the cause of a disease. So for treating impotence caused due to the intake of marijuana both the medicinal specialties offer great help. It is done by detoxifying the toxins that marijuana leaves inside the body and completely heal the person of impotence.
Impotence is also referred to as erectile dysfunction, and nowadays, it is one of the most common sexual conditions in men. Though it is not a life-threatening condition, it can have a significant and serious impact on a person's quality of life, as well his personal or sexual life. Therefore, opting for necessary treatment is essential to ensure a normal and sexually satisfying life.