Psoriasis is a long-lasting disease characterized by patches of scaly, itchy, and red skin. It can be restricted to a small area or can even spread to the whole of your body. When the underlying infection reaches the surface of your skin, the healthy cells die. This causes red and itchy plaque covered with white scales.
It mostly occurs on the elbows, knees, and scalp. Sometimes these scales itch and also bleed. In severe cases, the red skin grows and merges with another patch. Here we discussed some best ayurvedic remedies and medicines for Psoriasis skin problem.
1. Fingernails get discolored and pitting is noticed. The nails begin to crumble and in severe cases detach from the nail bed.
2. Scales and crust start to develop on the scalp.
If you are suffering from one of these kinds of Psoriasis then you can go for natural ayurvedic remedies to treat it. Ayurveda gives prevention as well as treatment.
Many factors can cause psoriasis. Factors such as trauma, infection, or emotional stress can trigger this condition. Some abnormalities in the system also cause psoriasis. People who have a flare-up of psoriasis are usually affected by emotional stress or some trauma like the death of a loved one or the loss of a new job. These tensions may intensify because of problems in your internal system.
1. Consuming medicated ghee.
2. Herbal medicines or herbal concoctions can also be consumed.
3. Basthies are medical and herbal enemas which should be taken for 8days.
4. You should avoid having meat and only consume vegetarian dishes to reduce psoriasis. Also avoid yogurt, black gram, salty food products, and chilies.
5. You can also remove impurities from your body by means of vomiting and purging.
6. You can also cure psoriasis by covering your entire body in a paste of mud.
7. Consume turmeric and Neem daily to treat psoriasis.
With the aim of better control on Psoriasis, Ayurveda also has a specific schedule comprised of various Panchkarma treatment aspects that includes purely herbal originated internal and external medications. A Rough idea of this complete Panchkarma treatment is as follows:
Some ayurvedic medicine can be used for psoriasis treatment like arogya vardhini vati, kutaki, ras manikya, Giloy ghan vati must be taken after consulting an Ayurvedic expert. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Update From Lybrate: Keeping your skin healthy is very important, therefore, we suggest you choose the Skin Care Products according to your skin type requirements and usages at Lybrate.