Some do's and don'ts to boost immunity
In layman language immunity means body's resistance to fight diseases or its ability to defend itself from foreign bodies. We can boost our immunity by following some simple do's and don'ts.
1) drink enough water - to get rid of the toxins and boost the metabolism.
2) get enough sleep- at least 7-8 hours but avoid oversleeping.
3) get ample sunlight-to boost vitamin d which is crucial for fending off diseases.
4) eat lots of vegetables- as well as fruits 6-7 servings in a day to boost antioxidants which fight free radicals.
5) eat some herbs and spice - like turmeric, garlic, ginger, indian gooseberry, ginseng.
6) stretch daily-at least 30 minutes daily for building strength and enhancing blood circulation.
1) avoid processed foods- as it cannot be digested and may create some gastrointestinal problem.
2) limit refined sugar - specially in beverages as they are immune depressant.
3) avoid cold foods- as cold foods and cold drinks reduce the digestive fire.
4) do not smoke and drink - as it can wane off all the energy you have.
5) limit allopathic medicines - especially life time medicines, rather try to modify your lifestyle to get rid of the problem.
6) do not overthink - as it can effect power of mind and surround you with negativity which can further effect your immunity and leave you lethargic!
The heavy envelope of smog over delhi is a reason for many respiratory diseases. We cannot reduce the smog but we can try to build up our immunity. Some tips
1. Drink lemon juice in water for your vitamin c dose
2. Add ginger and tulsi to your tea
3. Jaggery is a good source of iron. Substitute sugar with gur where possible.