Skin is the widest organ of our body. It covers and protects the underlying muscles and organs. It guards our body from the invasion of pathogens, acts as insulation, regulates body temperature and is one of the sense organ. It plays a major role in synthesis of Vitamin D. The melanin pigment of skin protects us from UV radiations of Sun. While some of you are blessed with the natural charisma, many of us have to undergo the daily struggle of beauty creams, toners, scrubs and pastes in order to overcome our skin woes. While a large array of cosmetics promise deliverance from the same, they are not without their fair share of side effects.
In fact more often than not, the chemicals which these creams comprise leave your skins scathed even more. Consequently, many of you have turned to natural therapies for countering skin ailments. Most of our skin eruptions, rashes and abscesses are related to our metabolism and hormonal changes, bad lifestyle, junk foods etc.
Ayurveda our ancient science of medicine has suggested many herbal remedies and natural methods to protect our skin from pimples, acne, dark circles, wrinkles and marks left by pimples and to increase the fairness of the skin. Pimples , acne dark circles, wrinkles and marks give a dull and unhealthy look. These natural therapies rejuvenate the skin but also provide cures to the germ of these issues. To keep our skin healthy and glowing , it is very important to be healthy internally.
Here are some tips that will keep your skin young, healthy and glowing.
- Eat Right- Eat fresh , healthy food, include seasonal fruits in daily diet. Avoid oily, spicy, junk food. Avoid heavy food, over eating, late night dinner.
- Drink Right- Drink plenty of plain normal water as per your requirement. Fresh juices, milk, buttermilk, lemon honey water, helps to keep skin hydrated and cleanse your body by flushing out all the toxic substances. Avoid Alcohol, aerated beverages, drinks which contains preservatives.
- Exercise- It increases circulation and intake of oxygen which keeps your skin healthy. Try to clean your face 2-3 times a day to keep your skin germ free. Take bath daily.
- Raw Milk- Use raw milk to clean your skin, it removes dirt from pores and moisturize skin naturally.
- Oil application- Regular or frequent application of medicated oil ,sesame oil, olive oil, pure coconut oil, to the body and head will enhance the immunity and integrity of the skin and helps improve the skin texture as well.
- Scrubbing- Scrubbing is an essential step for wholesome skin care because it not only sheds the dead cells but also improves penetration of other creams and face packs. Bengal gram, curd, turmeric scrub- make a paste of three apply it on skin after 5 minutes rub it gently then wash it with normal water. Green gram powder (chilka moong dal) also used in place of bengal gram (chane ka atta).
- Papaya Pulp- Massage your face with papaya pulp at least once a month. It will help you to get glowing and flawless skin. Paste of tomato juice, curd and oatmeal: Regular use of this paste helps in brightening the skin and reducing dark spots, scars and blemishes. It purifies your skin and helps you get rid of the acne scars. Apply paste on face and wash it after 15 minutes
- Ayurvedic herbs: Since time immemorial, sandalwood (white and red), lodhra (symplocos recemosa), Vacha (sweet flag) have been known to be full of skin enriching properties. It is one of the most reliable products when it comes to clearing out the unwanted blotches on your skin. Making a paste of sandalwood with rose water or rose milk can go a long way in reducing the scars and rashes on the skin.
- Honey and aloe vera combo - Honey and Aloe Vera are two such ingredients that can improve your skin conditions significantly. Endowed with cleansing properties, they help to re-nourish the skin and redefine its beauty. Blending honey with aloe vera into a fine mixture may prove to be a helpful toner. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!