Kidney stone formation is the most common kidney disease, and people who have had it, would immediately be reminded of the severe pain (loin to groin) in the back.
How stones are formed?
- The kidney functions as the body’s filters in removing wastes from the body through urine.
- Most of the waste is in the form of salts and when there is excessive salts and reduced amount of water, there could be formation of crystals or stones in the kidneys.
- Reduced amount of urination
- Blood in the urine due to damage of the urinary tract structures
- Painful urination with burning sensation
- Swollen abdomen
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Fever and chills
Benefits of homeopathic remedies
Kidney stones are highly likely to be recurrent. A number of factors contribute to their formation. Homeopathy aims at treating the whole body and not just dissolving the stones. It offers various remedies, which ensure the stones are completely dissolved and also prevent recurrence.
- Berberis Vulgaris is prescribed for the following conditions:
- Very useful in left-sided stones where patient experiences pain radiating to the ureter, bladder, and urethra and down to the thighs.
- Burning sensation with urination
- Slightly red or green urine with mucus (increased consistency of urine)
- Increase in pain with any kind of physical movement
- Soreness in the lumbar region of the kidneys
- Cantharis is suitable for the following conditions:
- Paroxysms of renal colic with cutting and stabbing pains
- Severe pain before and after urination in the urethral area
- Constant urge to urinate, but very little flow
- No relief even after sitting and straining
- Bloody urine (slightly pinkish tinge), if there is damage to internal structures
- Sharp tearing pain when this damage happens
- Thirst and aversion to all fluids
- Lycopodium is one of the most reliable homeopathic medicines for right-sided kidney stones.
- Works better for right-sided stones, where it dissolves them completely
- Severe backache experienced by the affected person prior to passing urine, which reduces after urination
- Great urge to urinate, even at night
- Presence of sediments (red or yellow) in the urine
- Abdominal bloating with distention along with right-sided kidney pain
- Hydrangea, also referred to as the stone breaker, reduces chances of recurrence of kidney stones in the following conditions: