Everyone is aware that exercise offers several health benefits, both physically and mentally. A few are aware that exercise is indeed the key to better, energetic and active sex life. There have been several studies that assert that regular exercise can have a positive impact on your sex life.
Read on to get a deeper insight into how exercise can improve the quality of your sex life.
Exercise ensures genital arousal: It is a proven fact that exercise boosts blood flow. And sexual responses, especially in men, have a lot to do with the blood flow. When the sexual desire of a person gets turned on, the erectile tissues become filled with blood, resulting in arousal of the genitals. In order to experience complete genital arousal, for example preventing erectile dysfunction, good blood circulation becomes necessary which can be achieved by exercise.
It naturally boosts the libido: Various studies have shown the perfect combination of the two sex hormones, estrogen, and testosterone, to be responsible for sexual desire. Yes, it is also the hormones that that regulates the majority of behavioural and physiological activities. As exercise helps in maintaining a perfect balance between the hormones, it naturally boosts the sex drive or the libido.
Exercise also improves performance: Studies have shown that those who exercise on a regular basis enjoy a better sex life than those who don't practice any physical activities at all. There's no denying of this scientifically proven fact that regular exercising improves the stamina or endurance of a person, increasing the heart and lung capacity. Exercise also allows the muscles in the body to function for longer periods of time which ensures longer and more satisfying sexual experience.
Exercise also helps to relax: Anxiety and stress often take a serious toll on a person’s sex life, making it difficult to achieve an orgasm or set the mood right, resulting in complications of sexual arousal. Depression, anxiety, and stress also lead to sleep deprivation which also hampers the sex life, making one feel agitated and stressed all the time. However, exercise can be an effective solution to all these as it simply relaxes the mind and ensures a good night’s sleep which boosts the sex life.
In case, you are experiencing any difficulty or issues regarding your sex life, make it a point to consult with a sexologist right away. Remember, the very purpose of exercising is not only to boost your sex life but also for improving your physical qualities. Therefore, without consulting a doctor, don’t opt for any strenuous physical activity as it can deteriorate your overall health condition, resulting in decreased quality of your sex life.
Research proves that exercise is a great way to improve sexual function in both men and women. Whether one suffers from sexual problems like erectile dysfunction or may just want to improve their sex life, exercising the sex muscles is effective in both cases. A particular group of muscles function together and are involved directly in the process.
Exercising these muscles will naturally increase the flow of blood to your penis and help improve sexual performance.
Here are ways to exercise which prove to be effective in enhancing your sex life.
Research proves that exercise is a great way to improve sexual function in both men and women. Whether one suffers from sexual problems like erectile dysfunction or may just want to improve their sex life, exercising the sex muscles is effective in both cases. A particular group of muscles function together and are involved directly in the process. Exercising these muscles will naturally increase the flow of blood to your penis and help improve sexual performance.
Here are ways to exercise which prove to be effective in enhancing your sex life.
1. Exercising the core muscles and supporting muscles
This type of exercise aims at strengthening your pelvic floor muscles. An easy way to locate these muscles is to stop the flow of urine midway or to hold one's bladder when one needs to pee. Keeping the muscles contracted for a period of ten seconds and relaxing them completes one cycle. This exercise helps improve erection and control your orgasm better by strengthening the core muscles.
2. Exercising the supporting muscles
The second exercise involves pushups. Without this exercise, the other muscles might become tired and one may not be able to achieve sexual fulfilment. This exercise tends to improve the strength of one's abs, lower back, shoulder, chest, arms, legs and buttocks. The muscles in the aforementioned body parts are the supporting sex muscles which work together to make the act more fulfilling. A set of 10 or 20 pushups, three times a day is recommended.
3. Exercising to enhance flow of blood to all body parts
Rebounding on a mini trampoline for at least 10 minutes a day can improve one's sexual performance to a great extent. It is important that one engages in the act carefully so as to avoid injury or accidents. This exercise is both fun and easy. It helps to increase the circulation of blood to all areas of the body and helps to strengthen the pelvic, abdominal muscles, hip and leg muscles. This exercise also helps to overcome lethargy.
Exercising regularly has many benefits for the body and many times these benefits can be life changing. It has been proved that doing exercise sets the foundations for a happy sex life as well. While exercising the brain releases endorphins the sex hormone. These hormones not only spice up the sex but also help in digestion, lower the heart rate, blood pressure and cortisol and ease the body.
Here is how exercising routinely can improve the relationship in bed and make a huge difference:
1. Blood circulation: Blood flows and the exciting sensation is very important prior to and during sex. When a person exercises regularly then there is an increase in the blood circulation and thus the blood is pumped to all parts of the body. In women who exercise, the circulation increases the fluids of the vagina which in turn helps in a quicker lubrication when in the act.
2. Release of endorphins: Having a clear mindset while having sex is very important. This is more important for women as they tend to over-ride things, thus working best when they have a clear mind and are able to concentrate only on the sexual act. When orgasm is achieved then endorphins are released which is basically a mood elevating chemical. It makes a person feel good and gives relaxed feeling of the mind and body along with euphoria. Endorphins are usually released during exercise, sports and sex. Along with the endorphins putting stress at bay and lifting the mood it also give a clear mind for the sexual activity.
3. Longer and stronger orgasms: On average orgasm in men and women lasts for 10 and 20 seconds, respectively. With exercise one can easily extent this time, pleasure and strength of the orgasm. On contraction of the pelvic floor muscles an orgasm is achieved. When these muscles are kept strong then a longer orgasm is achieved. Sacrum is the area which supports the pelvis and spine; when it is exercised with glutes then it helps in strengthening the muscles. Also, kegels, squats, and pelvic thrusts are some of the exercises which can be done.
4. Increases self confidence: A sexiest trait is that someone can show is that they feel good and confident about the way they look. Studies prove that people who exercise regularly and have good fitness levels display good confidence in their sexual acts and desirability.
5. Exercises the brain: It is said that a great sex usually starts in the mind and the brain is a mighty sex organ. Thus it is of utmost importance that the brain must be fed with nurturing information, so that it becomes stronger. Research backs that by simply changing the way we think can change the brain to react to situations.
Some of the advantages of exercising regularly are known to all and these include weight loss and better blood circulation. However, the benefits of exercise aren’t just limited to the obvious. A few other not so obvious, as well as a few surprising reasons, are mentioned as follows.
Corrects your posture: Having a good posture is much more than just aesthetics. A good or bad posture determines your overall health in many ways. Having bad posture may result in localized problems, such as spinal deformities and vertigo among others and may also lead to muscles loss over a prolonged period. Exercising helps in improving your posture by strengthening bones and muscles in your back as well as the spine.
Improves memory: One of the not so obvious benefits of exercising is that it improves your memory. The connection may not seem so obvious, but exercising also improves blood circulation and supply of oxygen to all the body parts including the brain, which results in better memory.
Helps maintain and improve the immune system: The immune system within your body helps fight all the intruders and toxins that may cause an infection or illness. Exercising not only helps to maintain it but boost it as well. As a result, you will fall sick less often and your immunity will stay strong even as you age.
Ensures your bones remain strong: Bone loss and other related disorders are a fact of life and become more pronounced as you age. However, exercising can curb the rate of decay and help in making your bones stronger. It is important to know that bone-strengthening exercises are not the same for all ages and they need to be adapted as per the requirement.
Helps you have better sex: Exercising will help improve your blood circulation, muscle mass, mood and will keep you active. The endocrine glands are forced to work harder to produce hormones to maintain muscle mass and this also contributes to better sexual functioning. Exercising will help keep your sex drive high and help you have better sex by keeping you fit.
Ensures better sleep: Many of the sleep-related disorders caused in the body are due to inactivity and lack of physical exertion. Once you start exercising, the physical exertion will help you get to sleep and also regulate your circadian rhythm or daily sleep and wake cycles.
Reduces stress and anxiety: Exercising releases endorphins which help improve your mood and help in reducing stress and anxiety. This, in turn, can help reduce hypertension and blood pressure, thus helping in controlling other related disorders.
Builds confidence: Exercising will improve your overall appearance and thus, help you have more confidence due to a better body image. However, it also helps by making you feel accomplished as you incrementally push your physical limits while exercising. This will spill over into every aspect of your life and help you be successful or deal with failure better.
Being intimate with your partner helps you to connect with each other in a better manner. Being active also increases happiness and longevity. Here is a list of reasons to why you having sex daily is highly advantageous. Read on more to find all about it:
Kegel exercises for men can help improve bladder control and possibly improve sexual performance.
1. Finding the right muscles: to identify your pelvic floor muscles, stop urination in midstream or tighten the muscles that keep you from passing gas. These techniques use your pelvic floor muscles. Once you've identified your pelvic floor muscles, you can do the exercises in any position, although you might find it easiest to do them lying down at first.
2. Benefits of Kegel exercises for men: many factors can weaken your pelvic floor muscles, including the surgical removal of the prostate (radical prostatectomy) and conditions such as diabetes and an overactive bladder.
You might benefit from doing kegel exercises if you: have urinary or faecal incontinence, dribbling after urination — usually after you've left the toilet.
3. Maintain your focus: for best results, focus on tightening only your pelvic floor muscles. Be careful not to bend the muscles in your abdomen, thighs or buttocks. Avoid holding your breath. Instead, breathe freely during the exercises.
List of all kegel exercises are as below:
1. One-two punch: squeeze that pelvic floor muscle as hard as you can, hold it for a beat or two, then relax fully. If it helps, combine the exercise with a deep breath in and a deep breath out while you concentrate on relaxing. Remember, a muscle is supposed to contract and relax.
2. Endurance test: squeezing, lifting your pelvis, and holding for a long time is your best bet for building endurance.
3. The hip shaker: stand up with your legs shoulder-width apart, put your hands on your hips, and pop your hips fro side to side.
4. The bridge: by simply adding an isolated kegel exercise to something like the bridge pose, you're strengthening your pelvic floor and your glutes.
5. The clamshell: complete the isolated kegel exercises while lifting one knee up and rotating it outward, once again strengthening all different types of muscles that play a role during sex.
Premature ejaculation is a form of disorder that commonly occurs in male. The normal ejaculation period for a normal male ranges from 6 - 8 minutes. The intra vaginal latency time may last for minimum of two minutes, but if this goes less than two minutes then this condition is diagnosed as premature ejaculation. Premature ejaculation is common in adults for various reason and it often causes problems in a relationship.
Ways to overcome premature ejaculation:
Overcoming premature ejaculation requires more of psychological changes and treatment than physical treatment:
Pregnancy is definitely a new and beautiful phase in a woman’s life. During this time, the woman’s body goes through multiple changes during the nine months and post-delivery, extra care is needed for the body to get back to its pre-pregnancy state. The following are some tips to care for your post-partum body immediately after delivery and through the first six weeks after childbirth.
It is important to realize that while pregnancy is an important phase, it is a natural process. The body will adapt to these short-lived changes and allow you to bond with your baby by staying close to your child, responding to its needs, spending time together, and taking care of your newborn.