Is It Possible To Diet While Navratri Fasting?
Written and reviewed by
Dt. Ranjit Kaur
88% (407 ratings)
Post Graduation Diploma in Dietetics and Public Health Nutrition, Fellowship In Obesity Management
19 years experience
Keep in mind the below points to maintain your health. Say no to fried, snack on nuts and go for innovative healthy meals.
- Option for skimmed or double toned milk instead of whole milk. But make sure you don't have to much milk. Two servings of milk or milk products in a day is enough. Also limit your potato intake. If you want to use mix them with lauki to make roti.
- Avoid fried food as frying kills the nutrients in food. Roast or bake instead. Also, avoid pakoras and namkeen-- have walnuts, pistachio, almonds or roasted makhanas as snacks instead. You can also munch on a mixture of pumpkin seeds, flax seeds and raisins.
- Subadana khichdi should also be avoided as it shoots up the sugar level.
- Eat small meals at regular intervals to keep your metabolism running.
- Drink lots of water to keep yourself hydrated. You can also have green tea, infused water or coconut water. Lemon and mint can also be infused in water. Have it early in the morning as it cleanses and detoxifies your body. Lassi, smoothies and yogurt keep you full and hydrated.
- Go for kuttu rotis in place of puris, since buckwheat absorbs a lot of oil. The flour otherwise is extremely rich in dietary fiber, calcium and protein. Amaranth flour is another option for rotis since it is lighter and much lower in calories.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult a specialist
& get answers to your questions!
found this helpful