Irritable bowel syndrome, or IBS, is a problem that affects mainly the bowel, which is also called the large intestine. The bowel is the part of the digestive system that makes and stores stool. The word syndrome means a group of symptoms. IBS is a syndrome because it can cause several symptoms. For example, IBS causes cramping, bloating, gas, diarrhea and constipation IBS is not a disease. It’s a functional disorder, which means that the bowel doesn’t work as it should.
- Food Sensitivity
- Genetic tendencies
- Post Surgery
The most common symptoms of IBS are abdominal pain or discomfort, often reported as cramping, along with changes in bowel habits. To meet the definition of IBS, the pain or discomfort will be associated with at least two of the following three symptoms:
- bowel movements that occur more or less often than usual
- stool that appears less solid and more watery, or harder and more lumpy, than usual
- bowel movements that improve the discomfort
Other symptoms of IBS may include:
- diarrhea - having loose, watery stools three or more times a day and feeling urgency to have a bowel movement.
- constipation - having fewer than three bowel movements a week. During a bowel movement, stools can be hard, dry, and small, making them difficult to pass. Some people find it painful and often have to strain to have a bowel movement.
- feeling that a bowel movement is incomplete.
- passing mucus - a clear liquid made by the intestines that coats and protects tissues in the GI tract.
- abdominal bloating.
Symptoms may often occur after eating a meal. To meet the definition of IBS, symptoms must occur at least three times a month.
Role of Homeopathy
The exact cause of these conditions is unknown and widely a faulty immune response is accepted as the probable cause. Though the precise healing mechanism of homeopathic medicines is unknown, it is widely theorized that homeopathic medicines help by:
- Stimulating the immuner response (like a vaccine) to produce a favourable healing reaction
- Correcting faulty immune responses to stimuli
- Has proven to relieve other suspected autoimmune conditions such as: Alopecia Areata, Psoriasis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Vitiligo, Thyroiditis.
- Similarly, homeopathy should be opted for suspected autoimmune diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (Crohn’s, Celiac, Ulcerative colitis).
- Homeopathy is a non-steroidal treatment option and can be taken indefinitely without the fear of ant side-effects.
- Since the above conditions involve a faulty immune response, Homeopathy has a distinct role and offers hope to those affected. Like numberous other autoimmune conditions (Vitiligo, Thyroid Disease, etc.) we believe that the autoimmune responses can be minimized through homeopathy. In-depth research and clinical case studies need to be conducted in this sphere. Nevertheless, most streated here experience beneficial results a positive long-term outcome.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert
& get answers to your questions!