What is the remedy about?
Warts are nothing but small lumps that appear on the skin. They do not cause any pain as such. However, if untreated it can spread quickly. These are a few home remedies for Warts:
- Banana Mash: Bananas contain a proteolytic enzyme that eats away at the wart. Just peel the banana and apply the mashed fruit in the area affected by the wart. Follow this procedure twice a day. Repeat this process daily until the wart is gone.
- Lemon: Vitamin C is known to kill the virus that causes wart. Lemon is rich in Vitamin C and its acidic content is very helpful in curing wart. Apply lemon juice over the affected area twice a day regularly. Also, increase the intake of lemon or orange.
- Dandelions: Dandelions is a very useful herb which is used in the treatment of a wide range of skin problems. Just crush and apply it over the wart and wrap it with a bandage. Do this twice a day until you get rid of your wart.
- Potato: Rub a round slice of potato over the wart three times a day for as long as possible. This is a very old method which is used to get rid of warts.
Are there any side effects?
The side effects of these home remedies may be - In case you have gas problem, intake of too much lemon can cause stomach disorder.
What are the post-remedy guidelines?
- In order to avoid warts follow the following precautions:
- dont share your personal belongings like razors, nail clippers or towels.
- Avoid using public showers.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Keep your feet dry. wear footwear while walking on moist surfaces.
How long does it take to recover?
Usually it takes about a month for warts to completely disappear. However, if the home remedies do not show any effect even after a month, it is advisable to consult a doctor.
Are the results of the remedy permanent?
No, if proper precautions are not taken then there is a probability that it might occur again.
Is there any training or experts required?
No formal training is required to apply this remedies as these procedures are fairly simple.