What is the remedy about?
Acne is primarily caused by clogged pores, bacteria, excess oil production and dead skin cells. Sometimes certain medications like supplements and birth control pills
can also cause acne. Some of the home remedies for acne are:
- a.Coconut oil and honey is a great way to reduce acne. Combine them with warm water and apply it to your skin twice
- a day. Leave it on for some time and then wash it off. This method is a great way to get rid of dead tissues and freshen up your skin
- b.Intake of Green tea is greatly beneficial in case of acne. It has antimicrobial and antioxidant compounds. It can also be applied over the affected area as a face wash.
- c.Mint can also help in clearing Acne. Just mix two tablespoons of fresh mint leaves with a small bowl of curd or yogurt. Now apply the mix on your face for 10 minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
- d.Aloe is helpful in fighting skin infection and relieving skin burns. Just apply aloe juice to the acne.
- e. Lemon Juice contains citric acid which acts like an astringent. It smoothens your skin and restores colour and pH balance of the skin.
Are there any side effects?
Several precautions must be taken before applying these remedies:
- 1. Aloe can cause skin irritation if you are allergic to it
2. Too much mint can cause other health problems like headcahe and heartburn
What are the post-remedy guidelines?
- 1. Avoid going out in the sun without protection
- 2. In case of dry skin, apply moisturizers.
- 3. Wash your face regularly.
- 4. Eat fresh green vegetables on a regular basis.
- 5. Drink plenty of fruit juice.
How long does it take to recover?
The skin reacts slowly to these treatments. Hence it normally takes about 6 to 12 weeks to cure acne. The scars might take even longer to disappear.
Are the results of the remedy permanent?
No. Exposure to UV rays for prolonged periods may cause acne again. Hence one should take all the precautions to avoid it.
Is there any training or experts required?
There are no training required to apply home remedies for acne.