Chronic Hives - How Ayurveda Remedies Helpful in Treating it?
Hives, also known as urticaria, are characterized by an outbreak of swollen red bumps on the skin. It may cause symptoms of itching, burning or stinging. The disorder can affect any part of the body including the tongue, throat, and face.
The size of the bumps can vary, they may join together to form plaques. The bumps or plaques appear and disappear until the disorder runs its course. In the case of chronic hives, the bumps can last up to six weeks. Here we discuss how Ayurveda helps in treating hive problems and various ayurvedic medicine, tips and remedies cure hive or URTICARIA.
Symptoms of Hives
The symptoms of this URTICARIA disorder are the formation of bumps on the body, severe itching, and pain resulting from the bumps. The symptoms can get aggravated by stress, heat, and exercise. You may also experience dizziness, chest pain, and a swollen throat.
Causes of Hives
Chronic hives can be caused when specific cells in the body release histamine in the blood. The exact cause of this disorder is not known. This reaction of releasing histamine in the blood can be triggered by factors like:
- Medications to control pain
- Exposure to cold and heat
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- Heavy exercise
AyurvedicTreatment for Chronic Hives & Angioedema
The first line of treatment for hives in Ayurveda is the use of ayurvedic home remedies. The doctor will aim to treat any underlying condition if any. Ayurvedic remedies for hives are holistic and free from side effects. They are based on natural ingredients that do not cause any adverse effects on the body.
Ayurvedic Remedy for Hives Problem
- Herbs: Certain herbs like turmeric are very effective to treat this condition. It is known for its anti-inflammatory properties that help relieve its symptoms. A mixture of rock salt and mustard oil can be applied on the affected part to foster speedy recovery.
- Diet: You need to follow certain dietary guidelines so that the symptoms do not get aggravated. Avoid taking foods that are sour and salty. Include plenty of buttermilk as it has a cooling effect on the body. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda and ask a free question.
Ayurveda Tips to Cure Hives
To Treat urticaria rash using the ayurvedic treatment, you can follow these tips:
- A paste of Neem leaves / Guduchi leaves or aloe vera pulp can be consumed in 5 to 7 gm dose daily to reduce urticaria.
- Take 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder with a glass of milk or water two to three times a day. It is an excellent treatment to increase the body’s immunity.
- Massage the skin with mustard oil for 15 minutes, followed it with a bath with lukewarm water.
- Mix black pepper powder ½ to one teaspoon and desi ghee ½ teaspoon and consume it in an empty stomach every morning. Continue for up to three months for better results.
Ayurvedic Medicines for Hive or sheetapitta
These are some common medicines used in Ayurveda to treat hive problem:
- Gandhak Rasayan
- Twak Prabha
Update From Lybrate: Keeping your skin healthy is very important, therefore, we suggest you choose the Skin Care Products according to your skin type requirements and usages at Lybrate.