Skin health is an indicator of a number of factors, such as blood circulation, digestion and waste removal from the body. The skin is considered to be an organ in itself as it performs certain important functions in the body. Therefore, you always need to make sure that your skin is in its optimal health. Common skin conditions like acne, dandruff and blackheads can easily be prevented by following certain precautions.
Outlined below are some tips to keep your skin healthy:
The market is replete with various facial scrubs that are favoured by men and women of all ages. These are especially helpful if you are facing dust and pollution every day, or are exposed to the sun for prolonged hours. Using facial scrubs is a form of exfoliation that helps in rubbing the granules into the skin so as to remove dead cells and give the skin a more supple tone. Yet, too much use of facial scrubs can also lead to a variety of skin troubles. So, how can you tell if you are overdoing our facial scrubbing routine?
- Redness and Peeling of the Skin: When you over exfoliate or use facial scrubs too often, you may find redness on your skin due to the constant abrasive action. Also, you may experience too much of skin peeling and flaking due to the same reason, instead of a mere clean up of the dead skin cells. In such cases, you will need to halt your process of constant buffing.
- Products with Green Tea Extracts: Using tea tree oil or green extracts can help in better exfoliation with a gentle action on your skin. This can soothe the skin and even prevent skin cancer, as per a variety of scientific and medical studies. Licorice root extract as well as cucumber based scrubs can also help in making the skin softer.
- Inflammation: Inflammation is another sign that you may be overdoing your facial scrubbing routine. You can use a scrub with bisabobol which usually comes from Chamomile. This can help in reducing inflammation due to constant exfoliation and facial scrubbing.
- Scrubbing Gear: Using a washcloth to clear away those dead skin cells or a scrubber or brush can turn out to be too harsh for your soft facial skin to handle. You must restrict the use of these tools to about once a week so that your skin does not get too dehydrated or wear a scrubbed look which does not have a glow.
- Testing a New Product: Test a new scrub over a small patch of your skin before using it to watch out for tell tale signs like rashes or other eruptions. Also, when you are using a seed or dry fruits based scrub, you must limit the use and not rub it around the delicate areas of the eyes and mouth so that the skin does not get rubbed too much, which can leave it loose.
Using facial scrubs should be limited and used only when you feel like there is too much build up of dirt and grime.
You don’t need to spend bucket loads of money on wrinkle removing or anti-aging creams as long as you are engaging in intercourse almost regularly. It has been proven by medical science that sex can be an absolute boon in treating all skin problems and providing it with radiance. Listed below are a few ways how sex is good for your skin:
While we all believe that green leafy vegetables are to be included as part of our regime, not all of us know in detail the amount of goodness that comes packed in these. The first thing that comes to mind at the thought of leafy green vegetable is the tender, green, luscious looking spinach. However, not all of us know the amount of goodness and nutrition it stores within in. Spinach, though appears to be delicate and light, puts up a strong fight against inflammatory problems, stress-related problems, cardiovascular issues, bone diseases and various types of cancers.
1) Minerals and vitamins - Fresh green spinach is loaded with a multitude of vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, C and K. Major minerals contained in spinach include manganese, iron, magnesium, copper, potassium, phosphorus and selenium.
2) Anti-cancer benefits - The antioxidant properties in spinach come from carotenoids and flavonoids, and it is loaded with about a dozen flavonoid compounds, thereby getting a strong anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic properties. Spinach helps in reducing inflammation in the stomach lining and other areas, thereby reducing the chances of intestinal cancer. It also provides significant protection against prostate cancer. The incidence of skin papilloma is also reduced with increased consumption of spinach.
3) Anti-inflammatory benefits - The good amounts of vitamin C, E, A, zinc, manganese, selenium are beneficial for reducing stress and thereby reduce incidence of heart attacks and high blood pressure. Spinach also is rich in protein and contains some peptides (small protein units) which inhibit angiotensin-converting enzyme that is responsible for increasing blood pressure. This is another way how spinach helps lower blood pressure.
4) Eyes - Lutein and zeaxanthin are two carotenoids which protect the eyes against cataracts and macular degeneration.
5) Bones - The bacteria in the stomach convert vitamin K1 in spinach to vitamin K2. While Vitamin K1 supports the bones by reducing the number of osteoclasts (cells that break down bones), vitamin K2 activates osteocalcin, which promotes bone formation. The high levels of calcium and magnesium only make it even better for the bones.
6) Digestive system - With the good fiber content it has, there are reduced instances of constipation. The anti-inflammatory property helps keep the stomach lining healthy and less prone to ulcers. It also helps flush out toxins and keeps the body alkaline, which helps beat stress.
7) Skin - The various minerals and vitamins in spinach reduce the chances of skin infections and also add to the glow of the skin. The itchiness and dryness of the skin also are reduced with regular use of spinach.
So, the next time you are thinking which is one thing you should pick up when you go to the market - think spinach. Popeye did, and it sure did help him!!
The radiant, glowing skin that stares at us from the billboards and hoardings may be extremely artificial, but it definitely imbibes in us a desire to achieve better skin. This is not restricted to just young girls, but also adults refusing to accept the changes that age brings with it. Many want to look younger far younger than their ages.
While there is no trick that will do the magic, there are definitely some things to follow which can help you achieve a picture perfect skin:
Gone are the days when the sole purpose of having a salad was to lose the stubborn and unwanted body fats. Salads can be extremely healthy and nutritious. With salads around, the long and gruesome hours in the kitchen are a thing of the past. A bowl full of lip-smacking salad, well structured with fruits, vegetables and quality oils, will do your health a world of good. Preparing salads is no rocket science. Get all the ingredients together, and switch to the way of health and nourishment.
Ayurveda is a system of medicine that is based on natural herbs and lifestyle changes. It is a holistic method that focuses on rooting out the cause rather than just focusing on the symptoms. This system of medicine is completely natural; hence there are no side effects.
If you wish to keep your skin healthy, then here are some ayurvedic tips to do that:
With the urge to remain and look young constantly on the rise, more and more people are moving towards cosmetic surgical options to retain their youthful looks. Laser therapy is one of the most commonly used procedures in cosmetic surgery. Read on to know additional information on the types of lasers and the various uses in cosmetic surgery.
How it works?
A laser unit produces a beam of high-energy, focused-intense light which selectively interacts with the various tissues in the skin. By altering the amount of light and the area of application, many medical conditions can be treated using laser therapy. While only laser is used in some cases, it could be used in combination with other products in some other people. The skin has an underlying layer of connective tissue which has collagen, elastin, and blood vessels. The laser acts on these and removes the superficial dead layers at the same time improving production of collagen and elastin. The result is youthful, glowing skin that is almost instant.
Types of laser surgery:
Also, having a detailed discussion with your surgeon on what to expect after a laser procedure is extremely essential. This will help set expectations for both the surgeon and the patient."
When it comes to a bride than to have a flawless skin is a must for her. So here in this article, we’ll share some handy ways for pre-bridal skin treatment which will fulfil your dream of getting spotless skin on your D-DAY. The treatments range from granny ingredients which are easily found in the kitchen to cosmetic treatments.
1. Pre Bridal Treatment for Dry Skin - Form a mixture by mixing equal amount of Olive oil or Vitamin E capsule, glycerin rose water and aloe vera gel. Apply the mixture to your face before going to bed. This mixture gives miraculous effects of not only softens the skin but also makes it lustrous within just seven days.
2. Pre Bridal Treatment for Oily Skin - If you’re also grappling with the stickiness of skin then this treatment is for you. Do face wash twice daily. You can apply either of them including cucumber juice, aloe vera gel, honey and curd mask, tomato juice, etc. These ingredients will not only reduce oil secretion from the skin but also will lighten the skin complexion.
3. Pre-bridal treatment for tanning - Almost every woman likes outing. Be it shopping, hanging out with friends or window shopping but while the enjoyment they forget that sun rays are harming their skin because of which they grapple with skin tan. This is, in fact, a matter of concern for a bride to be. Some of the handy ways to de-tan the skin include-
Rubbing a slice of lemon on the affected area.
By applying the mixture of cucumber juice, lemon juice, and rose water.
Orange juice, yogurt and tomato pulp.
The mixture of Bengal gram (besan) and turmeric.
Apply any of these mixtures and wash it off after 10-15 minutes to de-tan your skin and get the radiant glow.
4. Pre Bridal Cosmetic treatment- There are different types of cosmetic treatments which are dermatologically tested and proven safe and effective. There are different types of Pre Bridal Cosmetic treatment plans in the market from which you can choose an ideal one for yourself by consulting cosmetic physician he’ll better guide you according to your need, budget and time duration.
Some of the best cosmetic treatments for to be bride include-
These cosmetic treatment aids to reduce or remove fine lines, patches, large pores, blemishes and acne scars to give you spotless radiant glow. Consult your cosmetic dermatologist and use these pre-bridal treatments to be a confident and beautiful bride.