Everyone desires healthy glowing skin but a certain amount of effort and dedication is needed to achieve that. With a suitable skin care routine, you also need to eat right and maintain a healthy lifestyle to flaunt that inner glow. Making sure that your skin is safe, considering the pollution and free radicals you expose your skin to, is important too.
Knowing the answers to certain questions can really benefit your skin. Read on to find out the most important questions you should definitely keep in mind on your next visit to the dermatologist.
1. Do you have any symptoms of sun damage: Sunspots are the most common signs of overexposure to sunlight which can be easily noticed if they are on your face, hands or legs. But there are areas of your body which might be affected, and are not visible like back, ear, and feet. Get your dermatologist to check your skin for any signs. Because negligence can lead to skin cancer.
2. Why are you breaking out frequently: Instead of applying numerous anti-acne products and trying out home remedies, it is better to seek guidance from a dermatologist. There can be various reasons for acne like hormonal fluctuations, skin care products, poor diet. The dermatologist can figure out the reason and give you treatments to effectively deal with acne.
3. Is your current skin care routine suitable for you: There is always something new in the market and you might be tempted to try them. No matter what the product claims, you need to get a heads up from your dermatologist before using them because they can cause harmful reactions to your skin or lead to break out. A dermatologist's job is to examine your skin and determine the issues to recommend appropriate products that can target the problem areas. On your next visit be sure to carry your current skin care products to know whether they are working for you.
4. Do your moles look suspicious: If any of your moles have changed over time, then you must get it checked. The common symptoms of melanoma are moles with uneven color, large diameter and asymmetrical border. dcb07b49eab490d3d2b44f2430735c0f
1. FIGS – A rare fruit of source of calcium, figs may help prevent the bone loss. They are very high in fiber, so that which is reduce the risk of cancers. Eat them like this: Slice fresh, unpeeled figs, and serve it with cheese or on a salad; toss dried figs into a mix of dried fruits, grains, and nuts, even chocolate. Fig’s that aren’t completely ripe can irritate the mouth, so look for soft, aromatic ones.
2. BEETS – Nutrient-packed beets may sharpen your mind. They produce nitric acid, which helps increase blood flow throughout your body – including the areas of the brain that are associated with degeneration and dementia. Eat them like this: Roast, then puree beets into a dip with curd that has been drained in a cloth or filter to remove the whey, and horseradish, or grate raw beets into a salad.
3. FRESH CRANBERRIES: Sure, cranberries are the superstar at treating urinary tract infection, but these tart little fruits may also help prevent heart disease. They are rich in anthocyanin, flavones, and proanthocyanidins, plant chemicals that keep LDL cholesterol from oxidizing and sticking to artery walls. Eat them like this: Sauté cranberries and serve with meat, or combine with banana, pineapple, and orange for a fruit salad – the sweeter fruits naturally balance out the tartness.
4. ORANGEPITH: You already know that orange is a great source of vitamin C, but eat as much as you can of the pith –the spongy white layer between the zest and the pulp that clings to a peeled orange –too. Although bitter, the pith stores a good amount of the fiber and antioxidants, (Try to choose organic oranges if you eat the pith). Eat like it this: Put whole orange slices in a smoothie; roast thin slices and serve with the whole wheat pancakes.
5. EGGS: These inexpensive protein sources crackle with health benefits: Zinc and Iron support healthy hair and strong nails, and lecithin yolks are rich in chorine, who helps repair neurological damage and move cholesterol through the bloodstream. Eat them like this: Scramble eggs with a handful of spinach, or top a bowl of vegetables and brown rice with a (lightly) fried egg, sesame seeds, and soya sauce for a Korean-inspired meal.
6. SESAME SEEDS: The seeds are also one of the richest sources of iron, and when people with high level of LDL cholesterol ate a few spoonfuls of sesame seeds a day, their LDL level dropped by almost 10 percent more than when they followed a healthy diet sans sesame seed. Eat them like this: Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on oatmeal; top steamed vegetables with sesame seeds and sesame or olive oil; make hummus with tahini, a sesame seed butter.
7. BROCCOLI: The sulforaphane in broccoli may help your body fight off infections that inflame the lungs and arteries. Surprisingly, frozen verities may contain 35% more beta-carotene by weight than fresh broccoli. Finally, broccoli’s high level of vitamin C helps create collagen, which keeps the firm, glowing and healthy skin. Eat it like this: Toss steamed florets with tomato sauce and toasted walnuts for a side fish, or scatter atop a pizza before baking.
8. CELERY LEAVES: Celery leaves are the most nutritious part of the plant and that is containing high iron, calcium, potassium, beta-carotene, and vitamin C and also vitamin D than the stalks. Eat them like this: Use like parsley, or mix into salad.
Almost every person salivates over desserts and sweets. One does not need a special occasion to get their sweet tooth going. While the lip smacking sugary delight might impress the taste buds, it is sure to affect the health in a big way. If you thought that sugar was only bad for your waistline and general health, then you need to know that it is equally harmful for your skin. In fact, it can lead to serious dermatological conditions.
Harmful effects of sugar on the skin -
A lot of what we eat reflects on our body externally. A number of internal changes can influence the external appearance of the body. Excessive intake of carbohydrates, starch and sugar can have an adverse effect on the skin. It can also accelerate the ageing process. But what triggers these complications needs to be understood and discussed in detail.
Carbohydrates can be simple or complex. Simple carbohydrates (cake, bread; to name a few) break down and convert to glucose rapidly. Increased glucose level implies increased insulin level, and causes inflammation, which affects the whole body. The enzymes produced during inflammation breaks down important proteins, namely elastin and collagen, leading to wrinkles and saggy skin.
Acne problems mainly arise from Glycation (the process through which digested sugar attaches permanently to the collagen). Glycation plays a significant role in accelerating the ageing process.
Complex carbohydrates, on the other hand, is good for health. When ingested, complex carbohydrates break down at a much slower rate. As a result, there is no abnormal increase in the insulin level.
Corrective measures to check the harmful effects of sugar on the skin -
With a little care and preventive measures, the deleterious effects of sugar on the skin can be minimised.
1. Supplement your diet with foods rich in antioxidants. Lean proteins, fibrous foods and diets rich in good fats are highly recommended. Include beans and nuts that have low glycemic value in your diet. Drink plenty of water.
2. Food items containing high amount of saturated fats (cheese, ice creams, fried foods; to name a few), and with high glycemic value should be strictly avoided.
3. Do not compromise with your sleep. A sound sleep and a stress-free life is the mantra to a glowing and youthful skin.
4. Practice meditation and yoga diligently. The rewarding and positive outcomes will leave you in awe.
5. Do not skip your meals or indulge in overeating. Have small servings at regular intervals.
Glowing skin is the manifestation of a pleasing and healthy personality. Since the centuries, people have been using the household methods like the face masks of sandalwood, neem leaves, fuller’s clay, etc. But these commonly used methods do not give the durable results and contentment.
Therefore, dermatologists are adopting various new methods which use the advancements in technology. It is obvious that if we have scientific luxury then we will not choose raw. This is the reason that the experts of the cosmetic dermatology are using new innovations to get the best results for the contentment of the populace. With the introduction of the clinical facials, getting a bright and glowing skin is becoming easier.
How are clinical facials different from the standard facials?
Generally, the standard facials are performed in the health spas and the beauty parlors without the prescription of any experts. These facials are performed for the cleansing purposes along with the massaging benefits. The main purposes of these types of facials are to exfoliate the skin and remove the impurities present, whereas it does not concentrate on the management and treatment of the underlying skin problems. These are not long-term durable facial.
On the other side, clinical facials ensure the long-term cure of the skin issues of patients. These are generally performed in the offices of physicians or in the medical places. The clinical facials are types of advanced treatments which aims the medical benefits of the skin. These types of facials are performed by the experts and the experienced persons in the medical clinics. This method can cure the various skin problems in the observation of dermatologist.
The clinical facials provide an assortment of benefits to the people to cure their skins. The main aim of these types of facials is to provide the smooth, soft and the radiant skins to the populace. To cure the following skin issues, clinical facials are the most advantageous methods to adopt:
There are various other advantages that people can get from the performance of clinical facials. This method is getting trendy among the youngsters in these days because of the impressive results delivered by the clinical facials. Feel a difference with the clinical facials and get the advantages of this method. Get the appointment of the best dermatologist for the glowing and radiant skin.
Don’t let that acne problem or acne marks hamper your confidence. Best skin specialist in Gurgaon, can help treat this and help with a flawless, glowing and radiant skin. Skin specialists have expertise in not only treating acne but can also be treated for different conditions like cancers, ageing conditions, warts, dermatitis, fungal infections, psoriasis, acne, hand dermatitis and eczema. These best skin specialist in Gurgaon can help you with any kind of skin disorder:
MBBS, MD - Dermatology
Consultation fees: ₹1000
Dr Akhilendra Singh is a reputed dermatologist practising at AKS Clinic. He is practicing from last 10 years. Some of his specialisations are derma roller treatment, anti-ageing treatment, vampire face lift treatment and bleaching treatment. He is also known fir hair treatments like hair mesotherapy treatment. He is a reputed and active member of the many state and national associations.
MBBS Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, Diploma In Dermatology, MBA
Consultation fees: ₹800
Dr. Amit Bhasin is a highly trained dermatologist and cosmetologist in Gurgaon. He has more than 10 years of experience. He is currently practicing at Privé Skin & Wellness, Gurgaon and has worked previously with HCL Healthcare and Bharat Family Clinic. He has attained and pursued his fellowship internationally from Thailand and USA. He is recipient of many awards like Award of Excellence, Indian Icon Award, Latent Talent Award. He was also nominated For Rajiv Gandhi Excellence Award For Excellence In The Field of Cosmetology And Dermatology and India Achievement Award.
Consultation fees: ₹400-500
Dr. Shuchi Singla is amongst the leading dermatologist in Delhi. She is known for her treatments related to acne, pigmentation, hair fall, dandruff, psoriasis, drug reactions, eczemas, and allergies. She is also a successful cosmetic dermatologist, pediatric dermatologist and has performed several surgical treatments for acne scars and vitiligo. She was recently awarded with the prestigious Prof. V.N Sehgal Award for excellence in the field of dermatology. She currently practices at Dermapoint the skin clinic, max hospital and Kalyani hospitals, Gurgaon.
Consultation fees: ₹700
Dr. Kalpana Patel is currently affiliated with ARV Aesthetics Skin & Laser Clinic as a cosmetic dermatologist. In 11 years of practice she has become a renowned name in her fraternity.Her areas of specialization are laser treatment for scar reduction, chemical peel, fat reduction, anti ageing treatment. She is member of many state and national association.
Post Graduation Diploma In Cosmetology, MBBS, DDVL (Dermatology )
Consultation fees: ₹400
Dr. Seema Yadav is 10 years of experience and is a reputed dermatologist. She is currently practicing at Skin Oasis Skin & Hair Clinic. Previously she has worked with some of the reputed hospitals like Safdurjang and RML hospital. For few years she has also practiced in Australia. She is also among the few certified Cosmetic Dermal Therapist in Gurgaon. Her clinic is known to provide treatments at an affordable cost and with the best safety standards. She is also known for her procedures like derma roller, anti-ageing treatment, vampire face lift treatment and bleaching treatment.
MBBS, MD - Dermatology
Consultation fees: ₹1000
Dr. Vinay is a gold medalist in his MD, and is practicing in the field of dermatology from last 19 years. He specialises in treating various problems like hirsutism, freckles, pigmentation, facial rejuvenation, scars of acne, birthmarks, vitiligo, psoriasis and baldness. He has been invited as a speaker and chairperson at several national and international conferences as well as by many media channels to talk on different skin related issues and their remedies. He is currently practicing at Vibrance Skin Laser & Cosmetic Clinic and Gurgaon Skin Clinic.
MD - Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy, MBBS
Consultation fees: ₹900
Dr. Atula Gupta has 15 years of experience as a clinical dermatology. She is also specialises in pediatric dermatology, aesthetic medicine and laser surgery. She is known for use of latest technology and advanced methods for treating acne, and other anti-ageing related problems. In 2015, she was awarded as Best Dermatologist consultant in Gurgaon- by Prime Time Research Media. Her specializations are treatments like Fractional Lasers, Q switched ND YAG Lasers, CO2 laser, Hair reduction lasers and Skin tightening and body contouring devices.
MD - Dermatology & Aesthetic Medicine, MBBS
Consultation fees: ₹700-900
Dr. Priyanka Pal Mantri has 22 years of experience as a dermatologist and is associated with some of the best hospitals like Max Super Specialty Hospital, Columbia Asia Hospital- Gurgaon and Aesthetic Laser Center- Max Medcentre. She currently practices at Skinfully Yours Clinic, Gurgaon. Dr. Mantri specializes as at Botox and filler injections, Chemical Peel, Lasers & Aesthetic Medicine. She is a professional member of many prestigious association like Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists and Leprologists (IADVL).
Consultation fees: ₹400
Dr. Niti Gaur has 14 years of experience as a dermatologist and currently practises at The Skin Solutionz, Gurgaon. She is also a visiting consultant at Jain Hospital (Sector 14), Jagdish Clinic(Sadar Bazaar) and Kaya Skin Clinic, Gurgaon. Her area of expertise are laser treatments. She is a certified for Botox and Filler treatments and has treated several cases of antiaging and wrinkles with same.
M Derm, DNB (Dermatology & Venereology) , MBBS
Consultation fees: ₹600
Dr. Sangeeta Varma is a senior cosmetologist and has 20 years of experience in her field. She is practicing at Skin Clinic and Cosmetology Centre and metro hospitals, Gurgaon. She is a professional member of Cosmetology Society of India (CDSI), Association of Cutaneous surgeons of India (ASCI) and Venereologists and Leprologists (IADVL). She was earlier associated with Twacha Pal- Skin Clinic and Cosmetology Centre, Kalyani Hospital and Kaya clinic at Gurgaon. Her clinic in Gurgaon has latest advanced technology including Anti-ageing treatment, Dermaroller Treatment, Restylane Vital treatment and Filler injections.
You know that if you moisturise your skin on daily basis you shall find that skin is more soft and glowing on diwali festival.
Blessed are the people who enjoy a healthy, flawless and glowing skin with minimum effort, throughout their life. Of late, dermatological problems like acne, pruritus, psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema, have been affecting all and sundry. People, irrespective of their age, sex and occupation suffer from skin diseases. While some of the ailments are minor problems, others might be grave enough for one to seek an expert opinion. A number of factors, both internal as well as external, contribute to the skin ailments.
The dermatological problems, if not treated timely, can leave a person physically, mentally and emotionally drained out. In such cases, a person's self confidence is the worst affected. A lot of conventional and Allopathic options are available to treat the skin disease. Ointments, antihistamine tablets and antibacterial medications, though effective, often provide temporary relief. In many cases, it has been observed that in due course of time, the problem tends to relapse. The disease, thus, never really leaves the body, piling on the agony.
In this regard, Homeopathy has been a revelation, taking the medical world by storm. It works effectively to completely eliminate the dermatological problem out of your system, providing permanent relief. Homeopathy adopts a holistic approach in treating a disease. It lays great emphasis towards identifying and treating the underlying cause. Homeopathic treatment can be a little time consuming, but the time is worth waiting for. Over the past few decades, homeopathy has been the most sought after and reliable medication to deal with dermatological problems. Problems as grave as psoriasis and herpes can be completely cured; all thanks to the goodness of homeopathy.
Some of the homeopathic medications that have effectively dealt with skin diseases include:
To enjoy the everlasting benefits, one needs to be a little patient with the treatment. To know more about the effective homeopathic treatments, reach us at.
Bringing a child into this world is one of the most wonderful phases of a woman's life. At the same time, this involves a lot of body changes - physiologically, physically, chemically, and emotionally.
Mommy makeover refers to one or a combination of procedures that are done to alter the appearance after delivery, especially relating to one or more of the following:
1. Tummy that is sagging (no fat, just loose skin) with stretch marks
2. Breasts that are altered in size and shape, sometimes the enlargement could be completely disproportionate with the body and cause back pain
3. Undefined thick waistline with irregular fat accumulation
4. Fat deposits on the abdomen, thighs, hips, and trunk that do not reduce with dietary changes and exercise
5. Skin changes on the face and around the eyes, giving an aged appearance
6. Post cesarean, there is excessive skin around the surgical scar
1. Reduces tummy size
2. Gives a more youthful appearance
3. Alters breasts to the desired shape and size
1. Weight loss, if happens, could affect the results
2. Subsequent pregnancies don't have any complications with tummy tuck but with another pregnancy the effects may be lessened or reversed.
3. Since surgery is involved, the risk of unforeseen complications always exists (for instance, in breast implants, there is capsule formation or capsulitis, in rare cases rupture may require removal.)
Mommy makeover is not a single step procedure, but a combination of plastic surgical procedures that are done depending on the problem you present with.
Tummy tuck - If there is abdominal sagging, the tummy is tucked back into position by removing the fat and excessive skin and reworking on the belly button.
Liposuction - Excessive fat deposits in the hips, thighs, trunk area can be removed by sucking out the fat deposits. Most commonly done in the hips and trunk area.
Breast lift - Sagging uneven breasts, drooping nipples, reduced volume are all indications for a breast lift. During the surgery, the breast tissue is repositioned to reproduce a better shape and size and reposition the nipples if required.
Breast reduction - Large breasts are a common problem, and breast reduction is one of the most requested for procedures.
Breast augmentation - Either saline implants or silicone are used to restore breast size and shape to the desired results. Usually, breast lift is combined with breast augmentation.
Facial corrections - From dark circles to sagging skin to wrinkles, facial appearance can be changed based on the presenting symptoms.
These are very brief descriptions of the various procedures that are done as part of mummy makeover. A detailed consultation with your plastic surgeon regarding costs, subsequent pregnancies, aftercare, recovery, healing, and limitations and risks is to be had ahead of the surgery.
Healthy skin is a sign of overall good health and vitality. Skin problem is one of the most persistent problems encountered by people. It is imperative therefore, that you take care of your skin to avoid skin disorders. Various factors, such as pollution, smoking, eating processed food and a sedentary lifestyle contribute to unhealthy skin.
There are certain habits, which can be followed by you on a regular basis to restore the health of your skin. Some of them are: