Each one of us often think of travelling the weight loss journey. Only few people with high determination, perseverance and adequate diet and exercise win the race. It often drags you, and confuses you. There are countless diets available on net and with dieticians and best one is which suits your physiology and fits in your regime is the best. Still myriad of questions keep cropping in minds of the people. It is important to send the message that one size does not fit all. The kind of diet you follow also makes a difference. Among several weight loss diets, mono fruit diet or mix fruit diet has become popular.
Is this ideal and effective? Let us find out.
- Virtues of Fruits: Fruits are accessible and acceptable in ancient times by all generations. They are used in wide variety of form. Virtue of fruits lies in their high nutrition value, range of colours, taste, flavour, texture and processing capacity. Nutritionally they are low in fat and calories but high in water content, fibre, and phytochemicals.
- Anti-obesity compounds: Beta carotene, vitamin C, B vitamins, iron, magnesium, zinc, and other various phytochemicals are abundantly found in fruits which support utilization of reserve energy and breakdown the fat.
- Modulate gut ecology: Fruits impacts the growth of certain favorable bacteria and reduce the harmful bacteria thus impacts digestive health and cholesterol levels.
- Provide satiety: High fibre content of whole fruits and more dark rich coloured fruits gives the feeling of fullness and delay gastric emptying. Some time high water containing fruits may give you hunger pangs. Fruit juices are not good choices for weight watchers.
- Reduces calorie intake: Fruits contain glucose, fructose in digestible form. Since they themselves are low in calorie and high in nutrients hence consumption of does not much calories to the diet. In addition they tend to curb the craving for energy rich foods. Myths and facts
- Fructose intake: Fructose is presents in its natural form in fruits. Rather they are sweet because of fruits only. Fructose obtained from refined foods like sugar and high fructose corn syrup is the culprit for belly fat. Powerful compounds found in fruits debar the harmful impact of fructose.
- Balanced Diet: Balanced diet subsists on the notion of getting nourishment by all five food groups. Fruits are only one group. So complete nutrition from fruit is not possible. Fruits are not the rich sources of protein.
- Rebound weight loss: Such diets temporarily lose weight but weight loss cannot be sustainable. It is difficult to just survive on fruits for years together may be not even a month.
- Poor health: In spite of being nutrient dense food fruits lack may of energy yielding nutrients. There is sluggish metabolism and digestive disorder on the single food diet.
- Monotony: Initial loss of weight may motivate you to follow fruit diet. But soon there is boredom due to monotony in the diet. Since childhood you have not eaten such diet. All the cuisines of the world provide variety then how men can survive lifelong on fruit diet only. It is better to add low GI fruits like grape fruits, apple, plums, cranberry etc in diet during your weight loss journey.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!