In this summer many people want to drink soft drinks or packed fruit juices like real or tropicana to satisfy their thrist, but countries like india where the temperatures are high this behaviour may cause kidney damage. Hot and humid climate causes increased metabolic load on the kidney to excrete the high waste generated due to dehydration. If we take sugar based drinks which contain fructose it will further increase the load on the kidneys by increasing the uric acid production in body. So to protect your kidney better avoid soft drinks and consume more water or you can take traditional indian drinks like butter milk or lime water which provide more electrolytes to the body.
Human urine is a useful tool for the diagnosis and detection of several health conditions. The colour, smell and density of your urine can reveal a lot about the state of your health. Colour, especially, is a strong determinant of many ailments or concerns.
Here is a list of the health conditions you might be suffering from, based on the colour of your urine:
Your urine tells a lot about your health by its colour, odour and density. The colour is an essential determinant for detecting several health conditions, which may be simple or chronic in nature. In case of abnormal urine colour or appearance, you should consult a doctor without delay.
Water is the most important ingredient in the body. About 60% of the human body is water, and the heart and brain are almost 70% water, while the lungs have about 80% water. A healthy adult should be drinking about 2.5 to 3 L of water on a daily basis. That being the case, it is not surprising that someone who does not drink enough water faces multiple issues. The severity of the symptoms also depends on how much the dehydration has set in. It is easier to correct these in the initial stages by just increasing the water intake. When left to progress, in addition to forcefully drinking water, other symptoms may also need to be treated.
Drink adequate amount of water, and see the life inside you come alive. It is a habit which is definitely hard to kick. Those who are used to regularly sipping water can feel their cells craving for water when they have not gulped down enough water for a while.
Below mentioned are the benefits of dietary fats:
1. Fats are considered to be the best source of energy that is derived from food for the body.
2. Fats which contain Medium Chain Fatty Acids, like coconut oil, help in weight loss. The good fats, increase the fat burning, reduce unhealthy cravings, and prevent unhealthy storage of fat in the body.
3. Fats from good sources are beneficial for weight gain in case of an underweight person.
4. Fats are known to maintain body temperature as they provide heat. Heat insulation is provided by the fat under the skin.
5. The calories from the fat are saved in the body as a fuel.
6. Fats which are healthy increase the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins like A, D, E and K along with mineral absorption.
8. Fats are considered to be good lubricants and prevent dehydration.
9. Protective padding is provided by fat around vital organs.
10. Healthy fats prevent the body from experiencing inflammation, thereby improving immunity.
11. Healthy building blocks are formed for hormones and cell membranes by fats. The good fats are used by the body to build the cell walls. The 10 trillion cells in the body require fats to metabolize insulin.
12. Fatty acids which are found in healthy fats such as caprylic acid are believed to act as anti-viral substances and antibacterial by lauric acid.
13. Butyric acid which is found in some fats like ghee help in reducing the risk of cancer.
14. Good and high-quality fats help in memory enhancement, mental functions, and happiness and learning abilities.
15. Fats like coconut oil, castor oil and ghee lubricate the colon and provide support in digestion and elimination process.
16. Ghee is considered to have some medicinal properties as it has the ability to absorb nutrients from the herbs. These fats also carry herbs to the desired tissue or organ.
17. Fat is believed to be a good source of food for pregnant women as it helps with the development of the child's brain.
18. Healthy fat rich foods are also dense in nutrients such as minerals, calcium and Vitamin E, A, D, K.
19. Flexibility and endurance are promoted by healthy fats which is very helpful in people who work for long shift hours that are physically demanding.
Salad is no longer considered a poor man's diet. Gone are the days when the sole purpose of having a salad was to lose the stubborn and unwanted body fats. Salads can be extremely healthy and nutritious. With salads around, the long and gruesome hours in the kitchen are a thing of the past. A bowl full of lip-smacking salad, well structured with fruits, vegetables and quality oils, will do your health a world of good. Say yes to salads and its benefits will leave you with a mouth open awe. Preparing salads is no rocket science. Get all the ingredients together, and savour in the palatable powerhouse of health and nourishment.
- A feeling of fullness like never before: Experiencing an irresistible craving for food? Salad is at your service. A bowl of salad will give you a feeling of fullness, keeping the hunger pangs and cravings at bay. With salads, you don't even need to be repetitive. A little modification; and your taste buds are in for a treat.
- Say no to dehydration: Most of the vegetables that go into your salad have high water content. Scorching summers or sweltering heat can leave a person dehydrated. Salads come as a great relief. It works amazingly to hydrate your body, thereby re-energizing you fully.
- Lettuce to fight insomnia: If a good sleep is all that you desire, salad is what you need. 'Lactucarium', a substance found in lettuce, work miraculously to treat insomnia. All the more reasons to include lettuce leaves in your salad.
- The goodness of vitamins and minerals are retained: A lot of important vitamins, minerals and some enzymes (mostly digestive, that gets denatured) are lost to cooking. Taking in raw vegetables ensure that important vitamins and minerals are not lost. Some raw vegetables contain important enzymes (live) that can greatly aid in the digestion process.
- A salad rich in broccoli, avocados, bell peppers, berries are a rich source of antioxidants. Such salads work wonders and are an excellent boost for the immune system.
- Do not let wrinkles and saggy skin bother you. Some of the fruits and vegetables present in the salad help in collagen synthesis, thus giving your skin a natural glow. It is needless to say that spinach, lettuce and romaine, that form an integral part of your salads, are excellent for the eyesight.
- Some of the fibrous fruits and vegetables can effectively clean the intestine and colon.
The benefits of salads are immense.
Water is the most critical component for all organisms, and since 2/3rd of the human body is made of water, a person can hardly survive for about 72 hours without it. For understanding the impact of water in the body, it is essential to comprehend what it does. Right from helping in digestion to controlling calorie intake to regulating and maintaining body temperature to lubricating the eyes and joints, the functions of water are endless.
Dehydration can cast a negative impact on body function since it causes electrolyte dysfunction. And the bad news is that most people can go unaware of this condition. Therefore, it is crucial to know about all the warning signs of dehydration so that you can take quick action and prevent yourself from further complications.
So, whenever you notice such signs, understand that you have to consume more water regularly.
Salad is no longer considered a poor man's diet. Gone are the days when the sole purpose of having a salad was to lose the stubborn and unwanted body fats. Salads can be extremely healthy and nutritious. With salads around, the long and gruesome hours in the kitchen are a thing of the past.
A bowl full of lip-smacking salad, well structured with fruits, vegetables and quality oils, will do your health a world of good. Preparing salads is no rocket science. Get all the ingredients together, and savor in the palatable powerhouse of health and nourishment. Say yes to salads and its benefits will leave you with a mouth open awe.
1. A feeling of fullness like never before - Experiencing an irresistible craving for food? Salad is at your service. A bowl of salad will give you a feeling of fullness, keeping the hunger pangs and cravings at bay. With salads, you don't even need to be repetitive. A little modification; and your taste buds are in for a treat.
2. Say no to dehydration - Most of the vegetables that go into your salad have high water content. Scorching summers or sweltering heat can leave a person dehydrated. Salads come as a great relief. It works amazingly to hydrate your body, thereby re-energizing you fully.
3. Lettuce to fight insomnia - If a good sleep is all that you desire, salad is what you need. 'Lactucarium', a substance found in lettuce, work miraculously (miracles) to treat insomnia. All the more reasons to include lettuce leaves in your salad.
4. The goodness of vitamins and minerals are retained - A lot of important vitamins, minerals and some enzymes (mostly digestive, that gets denatured) are lost to cooking. Taking in raw vegetables ensure that important vitamins and minerals are not lost. Some raw vegetables contain important enzymes (live) that can greatly aid in the digestion process.
5. A salad rich in broccoli, avocados, bell peppers, berries is a rich source of antioxidants. Such salads work wonders and are an excellent boost for the immune system.
6. Do not let wrinkles and saggy skin bother you. Some of the fruits and vegetables present in the salad help in collagen synthesis, thus giving your skin a natural glow. It is needless to say that spinach, lettuce and romaine, that form an integral part of your salads, are excellent for the eyesight.
8. Some of the fibrous fruits and vegetables can effectively clean the intestine and colon.
This will help you know what should go into your salad as the benefits of salad are immense.
Water is indispensable for the human body as 90% of the brain and almost 60% of an adult body is chiefly made up of water. Water is just as important as any of your meals. Each cell and organ depends on water for its proper functioning and for flushing out toxins and fats from the body. An average man must consume roughly 3 litres (10-12 glasses) of water per day, and a woman requires about 2.5 litres (8-10 glasses). If you're not meeting this requirement, you might be fall prey to dehydration.
The state of water deficiency or dehydration can be determined through various symptoms. Read on to know the 5 most common signs:
1. The colour of your urine is dark
The colour of your urine indicates your health. The lesser the water you drink, the darker is the colour of your pee. If your urine is pale yellow, you drink a sufficient amount of water. If it's dark yellow and concentrated, it's a sign for you to refill on water. Also, if you haven't urinated for more than two hours, you should immediately gulp 2 glasses of water.
2. You experience frequent headaches
Headaches are often caused by dehydration when the pressure from your blood vessels falls. Dehydration makes it tough for your heart to pump enough oxygen to the brain. Drinking sufficient amounts of water ensures the flow of oxygen in your body.
3. You feel dizzy and fatigued
Lack of water can often lead to laziness and restlessness. It may also cause a rapid change in your blood pressure. Low or high blood pressures are stimulants of fatigue. Water gives you instant energy that wakes up your whole system, thus making you feel revitalised.
4. You have constipated bowel movements
Water is one of the top natural remedies for constipation or troubled bowel movements. If your fluid intake is low, you're likely to have stomach, gastric and bowel problems. The digestive system depends on water to help food move through both the intestines. It checks the functions of the digestive tract, while also keeping it flexible and clean.
5. You experience brain fogs and blackouts
Your brain cells and nerves react severely to water loss. You may start feeling a lack of concentration along with temporary memory loss. Blackouts are common when you have a deficit of water. You might even experience difficulty in carrying out cognitive tasks.
If you're experiencing similar issues, you must enhance your daily water intake. You can try carrying a sipper around, which allows you to keep a tab on your water consumption. To relish water as a refreshing beverage, you can infuse freshly chopped fruits and herbs in a pitcher of chilled water. This flavoured water also cleanses your body of all toxins and chemicals, thus keeping you fresh.
Diarrhea is not usually a serious condition but can be very uncomfortable and embarrassing. This can be caused by a number of factors including bacterial or viral infections, food poisoning, contaminated water etc. Thankfully, it is easy to treat and does not require medication unless it is very severe. Let us take a look at some of the most effective ways to treat diarrhoea:
If your diarrhoea does not improve, consult a doctor. If it lasts for more than 2 weeks, it could be a symptom of another underlying condition.
Dengue is a mosquito-borne disease that causes severe body pain, fever, rash, dehydration, and weakness in the body. The major cause of dengue is Flaviviridae. It is generally called DENV (Dengue Virus). It generally occurs in tropical parts of the world.
Dengue is a fairly new disease in the world, and not many people understand how to care for a patient going through dengue fever. This article will present the steps that should be taken by someone who is suffering from Dengue.
Initial Steps One Should Take
The first step of caring when contacted with this disease is to go to a doctor and get checked. Doctor will get some tests done to verify that the condition is indeed Dengue. After the doctor prescribes medication, self-care begins. Here are some.
Do’s and Don’ts one should follow which help to cure from Dengue Fever.
● The rise of Hematocrit (PCV) should be checked every day and informed by the physician.
● A thermometer should be present at all times to check the temperature of the patient.
● If the patient has a high fever, then dip a sponge in cool water and slowly wash the body with it.
● Upon high fever, one should only take Paracetamol and Acetaminophen. Doctor should be consulted before taking any medication.
● The patient should also check the number of trips taken to the bathroom, in order to keep a track of the urination cycle.
● Check if the patient has a dry mouth and lips. Dehydration is very common with people contacted with dengue and needs to have water and electrolytes supplements every now and then.
● It is very important to check the CBC (complete blood count) of the patient daily as directed by physician. Call a pathology technician evenryday to get a blood test as recommended by the doctor to keep the platelet and the haematocrits in check.
● Do not take antibiotics, Ibuprofen or Aspirin.
● Do not take artificial fruit juice for hydration purposes.
● Do not agitate.
● Do not take unsupervised supplements to increase platelet counts.
● Do not use alternative medications like herbs as they can cause an allergic reaction.
● Do not stay without food for too long.
● Do not take any kind of sleeping pills if the patient is having difficulty sleeping.
Dengue is a troublesome disease which can be disastrous if not taken care of properly. That is why it is very important to know the do’s and don’ts for caring about this disease. However, consulting a doctor or getting hospitalised in the worst cases will always be a good idea.