Cough is the natural reflex action of a human being to clear the throat or breathing passage from obstructions by foreign particles. Whooping cough or pertussis can be identified by the whooping sound that accompanies the cold cough. Whooping cough is caused due to bacterial infection or through transmission from the infected person.
The following are a few symptoms of whooping cough:
Whooping cough must be cured since it can pose serious health hazards for both children and adults and at times can even turn out to be life-threatening. Ayurveda can effectively heal whooping cough naturally. The
following are a few simple steps offered by Ayurveda for treating whooping cough:
1. Honey: This is the most common and effective remedy suggested for whooping cough. Take a tablespoon of honey and mix it in a glass of lukewarm water to experience fast relief.
2. Avoid smoking: Smoking makes whooping cough worse. So you must take care to quit the habit of smoking.
3. Castor oil: Castor oil is also a remedy for whooping cough offered by Ayurveda.
5. Aloe Vera juice: Aloe vera juice mixed with honey is considered to be a cure for whooping cough in Ayurveda.
7. Tulsi leaves: Tulsi leaves are also considered to be a very effective cure for whooping cough according to Ayurveda.
8. Breathing exercises: Practicing breathing exercises regularly can also give you relief from whooping cough.
Whooping cough generally persists for a week or two, but if severe it can continue to persist for even longer. You should not neglect whooping cough and must follow the above-mentioned remedies right from the beginning to experience faster relief.