Black pepper is one of the oldest spices known to mankind. It is found in abundant quantities in the Southern states of Kerala. Its medicinal qualities can successfully counter disorders such as indigestion, pyorrhea, cough, dental problems, and cardiovascular diseases. Black pepper is extensively used for food preservation owing to its antibacterial properties. Being rich in fiber, vitamin C, manganese, vitamin K, it acts as a great anti-inflammatory agent as well.
Amazing Health Benefits of Kali Mirch or Black Pepper
Here are some of the well-known benefits of black pepper in the morning for eyes, cough, weight loss and you can also add black pepper with other food items:
- Beneficial for stomach: Black pepper enhances the secretion of HCL i.e. hydrochloric acid in the stomach which in turn facilitates digestion. This ensures proper digestion and keeps away diseases such as colic and diarrhea. Pepper enhances urination and sweating which in turn ensures that external toxin has a safe way out. It also has the capability to limit gas formation within the body.
- Black Pepper for Weight Loss: Check out the benefits of kali mirch in the morning for weight loss. Black Pepper’s outer layer helps in breaking fat cells. Also, foods that are made with pepper are an effective way to shed weight. Once the fat cells are broken down, the body uses it as a component of enzymatic reactions. The excess fats are eradicated from the body. Black pepper can be used in curries or consumed daily in the morning along with hot water to fetch rich benefits.
- Benefits of Black Pepper for Skin Health: Black Pepper is a very good agent in curing skin diseases such as vitiligo. The latter is a condition where patches of skin lose normal pigmentation and become white. Recent studies have shown that pepper combined with UV therapy is a better alternative compared to chemical-heavy treatments. Furthermore, black pepper can successfully prevent skin cancer.
- Respiratory Relief: Black Pepper or kali mirch is known to be extremely effective when it comes to cough and cold. It is known to be a great agent for nasal congestion and sinusitis. The expectorant property of the black pepper is known to attack the phlegm and mucus and give instant relief. The fact that it is a natural irritant, helps the mucus to get out of the body through the nostrils. This helps the body to heal quickly.
- Peptic Ulcer & Whooping Cough: Quite a few studies have shown that black pepper is beneficial for patients suffering from peptic ulcer and gastric mucosal. The anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties also help to treat respiratory diseases such as asthma and persistent cough.
- Black Pepper for Anti-oxidant Properties: The anti-oxidant properties of black pepper or kali mirch help to counter the effects of free radicals, helps in fighting cardiovascular diseases successfully, and counter life-threatening diseases such as cancer. Furthermore, it can help the body fight premature aging conditions such as macular degeneration, spots, wrinkles, etc. Studies have also proved that black pepper enhances memory and impair memory loss.
Update From Lybrate: Strengthen your immunity by shopping Immunity Booster Products from Lybrate’s GoodKart. These products also fight against various health ailments and infections.