Ayurvedic massage is one of the key parts of Ayurvedic therapy. Just like how a machine needs to be oiled regularly, the body would require the oil therapy for keeping its vital organs sane and healthy. Oil and herbal massages are used consistently throughout many forms of Ayurvedic massage treatments. We are in a world where we deal with stress and pressure in every walk of life. Also, the physical environment has changed drastically beyond comparison. In such a world we are battling with health issues and inflexibility almost on a daily basis. Ayurvedic massages are the best benefits one could get to keep these conditions under control. These massages are channeled throughout our body and take care a wide variety of ailments including fatigue, strengthening of the nervous system, improving eyesight, nourishing the bodily tissues, and giving flexibility to your everyday needs. The biggest positive trend of an ayurvedic massage is that it can benefit your sleep patterns and can normalize sleep. The oils used have been scientifically proven to be rejuvenating and are hugely beneficial to your body, mind, and soul. These massages have therapeutic properties inculcated within them and can be good for your overall wellbeing if channeled correctly.
An ayurvedic massage focuses on the marmas and the chakras of your body. These are very similar to the acupressure points, and if these pressure points are manipulated correctly, they can revitalize your entire body. In simple terms, an ayurvedic massage involves the herbal oil to be poured on your body and is gradually massaged by the ayurvedic expert or the doctor. However, this is not just as easy as it sounds as the masseur would be required to know the vital points in the body and to channel the massage and to focus on the correct pressure. During an Ayurvedic massage, your room may be filled with music that is both enchanting and soothing for your body, and this alleviates the experience on the whole. The room would also be filled with an aroma of soothing fragrances to rejuvenate the sense of smell. While doing the massage, the expert massage therapist will also be reciting mantras within himself to promote the positive energy levels. Ayurveda massage is not just a treatment. It is an experience on its own. More than the body it aims to rejuvenate your mind and which in turn channels the positivity throughout the body. Many people who have undergone these treatments have felt better and are often known to be saying that they have discovered themselves.
Everyone can be an eligible candidate for the ayurvedic massages. They are one of the safest forms of treatment available and do not cause any side effects on its own. However pregnant women can avoid it as the pressure can be disturbing to them. Also, people who are above the age group of 75 can try for these treatments partially as the herbs and oils used may not accept to their body condition. It is safe to get the consultation of an ayurvedic expert before you go for these treatments.
Ayurvedic massages are extremely safe and can be had by anyone. Pregnant women and people who are older than 75 years of age can avoid it. Also while undergoing these treatments make sure that you are not suffering from any other medical conditions like cold or fever as the oil used may aggravate the situation.
No, there are no known side effects due to this treatment. After the treatment, you might feel a slight chill or slight increase in the body temperature. This is your body’s fundamental and natural way of removing the toxins, and usually, these symptoms go away on their own. Ayurvedic massages are extremely safe and can be used by anyone. However, ensure that you get these treatments only by professional ayurvedic doctors and therapist and go for the reputed clinic.
Post the treatment you might be given an herbal bath and after which a regular bath might be provided. This is offered to remove the oil extracts that might have stuck to your body. After which, you can get back to your regular work. Wear fresh and loose clothes after the treatment so that the freshness is maintained. You might be asked to follow a specific diet or certain lifestyle changes for the treatments to be a success.
There is no recovery period involved. You can get back to your routine once the treatment is over. If there are multiple sessions required, make sure that you undergo them religiously as the best effects of the treatment can be felt as a whole.
A full body ayurvedic massage can start from about 1,000 INR and can go up depending on the types of oil used. Some of the oils used are very rare and can be done only on an individual’s need. In such scenarios, the cost can go up.
No, the results are not permanent. In the times we live in, there are too many external factors that control the productivity of your body. Hence it is best to have these treatments regularly for getting a rejuvenating experience. For best results, you can have these treatments once in three months. Ensure that you get these treatments only from reputed ayurvedic centers. Always look for the credentials of the ayurvedic doctor before undergoing the treatment.
There are many alternative treatments to the massages such as the Panchakarma treatments and herbal baths. These procedures are extremely similar to the Ayurvedic massages and can use the same or similar types of oil.
Ayurveda translates to study of life and is one of oldest medicine systems in the world. It works by treating the body as a whole system and gets to the problem. It believes that good health is a result of the balance between the 3 body elements Vata, pitta and kapha. The imbalance between these three cause disease and treatment should be aimed at restoring this balance.
Oils are one of the widely used Ayurvedic remedies, and there are multiple benefits of an Ayurvedic oil massage. Therapists would recommend this to be a daily routine for overall well-being. While pain relief is an obvious benefit, read on to know some of the lesser known benefits of an oil massage.
On a regular basis, there is stress and toxins that are accumulated in the body. A good massage dissolves these toxins and rejuvenates and recharges the body. The body and the mind are relaxed and soothed.
The physical motions of an oil massage improve circulation to all parts of the body.
The overall sensation is improved.
If you had any doubts about whether you should go for an oil massage, don’t think, indulge yourself!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
CAUSES OF SMALL BREASTS
There are several factors involved concerning the issue of a woman’s breast size but heredity is the fundamental one as it determines breast fat tissue distribution. Nonetheless there might be some other factors responsible for small breast size including hormonal factor, described as the lack of female hormone (oestrogen) or excessive production of male hormone which leads to natural breast growth setback.
Natural methods for breast enlargement –
Ayurveda provides a number of simple breast enhancement tips which can help women in their pursuit for perfect proportions of breasts to feel themselves on top. Usually it will require to use various herbal remedies which will to fix the problem:
Abhyangam is a popular body massage in Ayurveda. The word abhyanga itself means to massage.
In Ayurveda, the Abhyangam massage has become popular because of its effective way of conditioning the body. Abhyangam can be used therapeutically.
Abhyangam can increase the production of white blood corpuscles and antibodies, which provide more resistance against viruses and diseases. This helps the defense mechanism in the body and increases immunity towards environmental changes. In this way Abhyangam massage is a protector, preserver and a rejuvenator, increasing self-confidence and will power.
In Ayurveda the Abhyangam massage is described as:
1. Jarahar (anti aging) - If done daily to the spine, feet and head with sesame oil, coconut oil, mustard oil or almond oil massage increases virility, vitality and semen. Massage is one practice, which provides energy, vitality, and nourishment to all body surface, which prevents wrinkles, dry patchy skin and old age approaches late, one remains young and energetic for longer duration. In this way, massage is anti aging.
2. Shram Har (fatigue reliever) - Fatigue is actually caused by physical and mental strain. It affects the muscles and causes tensions. Rubbing, patting and squeezing muscles gently removes fatigue by increasing circulation and cleansing accumulated toxic material. .
3. Vata Har (pacifies the Vata) - Regular Abhyangam massage with Mahanarayana oil or oils prepared by burning garlic in heated oil, or adding fenugreek seeds to boiling oil, mint oil and wintergreen oil all help in pacifying Vata.
4. Drishti Prasad Kar (Improve sight) - Daily practice of abhyangam massage can improve sight and reduces the risk of blindness. Those, who have weak sight or who suffers from diseases of the eyes should massage the feet, especially under the big toe and sole.
5. Pushti Kar (make one strong) - By increasing the circulation of vital life fluids, and because of rubbing, pressing and kneading massage makes the body strong, increases stamina, vitality and virility.
6. Ayu Kar (provides longevity) - By creating an electrochemical balance, massage helps in achieving longevity.
7. Swapna Kar (induces sleep) - Massage relaxes the body and removes tensions. Those suffering from sleeplessness, insomnia or those who are unable to enjoy sound sleep should massage the body (especially the head and feet) before sleeping.
8. Twak Dridh Kar (strengthens the skin) - People who live in cold climates get dry skin by constantly facing the chilled air, which creates dryness. Massage with oil remove dryness, also makes the skin smooth, shiny and regular rubbing makes it strong.
9. Klesh Sahatwa (provides resistance against disease and disharmony) - Massage strengthens the body tissues feeling pleasant and cheerful. This saves one from sorrows, agonies and anxieties.
10. Abhighat Sahatwa (resistance to injuries & power to recover quickly) - Those who massage the body regularly recover from physical injury more quickly than other person who do not massage. Those who massage regularly experience the healing process from within immediately and they experience comparatively less pain and fewer problems.
11. Kapha Vata Nirodhak – Prevent dryness and clogging of skin pores caused by secretions and action of Vata and Kapha.
12. Mrija Varna Bala Prad - It maintains body strength, skin health and also improves the color complexion and texture of the skin.
Thus in Ayurveda, Abhyangam massage is highly praised and much emphasis is placed on the uses of different oils according to body type and season.
Ayurvedic Abhyanga or Oil Massage helps to reduce the stress. It is explained that by doing Abhyanga, the ageing process, fatigue and disorders of Vata are controlled. Texts say that a person should do oil massage as per his constitution. Every day for Vata Constitution, Alternate days for Pitta and twice a week for kapha Constitution. Abhyanga or Oil Massage should be performed specially to the Head, Ears and the Feet. They promote Sight, improve the blood circulation, relax the body and the mind and specially improve the immunity. We, at Narayana Ayurveda Kuteeram provide customized oils based upon Prakruti ( Constitution ). You can contact us for the same.
In order to know the benefits of abhangya, it is important to understand what exactly abhangya is. We do, at times, massage ourselves unconsciously. However, the practice of massaging oneself from head to toe with nice and warm oil lovingly is known as abhangya. According to Ayurveda, like being loved by another person, abhangya too provides individuals with a deep sense of stability. Ayurveda states that daily practice of abhangya helps in restoring the balance between the three doshas of our body - the pitta dosha, kapha dosha and vata dosha.
Ayurveda states that the individuals who practice this self massage technique regularly become vey less affected and even less subjected to accidental injuries. These individuals also tend to become charming and very less affected by age. Now that we have discussed a bit of what abhangya is, here is a list of the benefits that come with it.
We have discussed how this practice benefits us, but here are some of the situations when we aren’t supposed to perform abhangya.
All in all, Abhangya is a process that should definitely be carried out for personal well-being.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!