Last Updated: Jan 10, 2023
Yoga is a great way to get rid of diseases and health conditions from heart problems to sciatica and depression. There exists a body of research suggesting that yoga is the best healing therapy for improving spine alignment and joint health. But on the flip side, research also suggests that yoga can’t cure cancers though it can help one deal with chemotherapy.
Best Yoga for Common Diseases
Doing yoga posture and therapy can be helpful to treat common health diseases. Various postures of yoga help in maintaining overall fitness, and balance both your mind and body in an ideal way:
- Digestive disorders: There are a number of asanas and pranayamas in yoga-like the child pose or Bala asana and Kapal Bhati pranayama, which can alleviate indigestion, gas, and flatulence. These yoga postures also help in bowel movement. The Boat pose which is done by stretching your legs and arms straight out parallel in front of you and then raising legs so toes are above eye level is very good for stomach disorders and so is the downward dog pose.
- Yoga For Heart disease: Bhujangasana or Cobra pose stretches the chest, massaging organs inside, including heart, and allowing more blood flow to it, thus stimulating and strengthening the heart muscle. Kapalbhati pranayama is also very good for the heart since it increases the absorption of oxygen in the blood. Yoga is proven to be an excellent heart risk improvement practice according to current research too.
- Yoga for depression patient: Anulom vilom pranayama is extremely effective in tackling anxiety and depression. It slows down breathing and is effective against hypertension too when done regularly over a long time. The deep breathing did while doing this pranayama helps slow heart rate and allows the lungs to absorb more oxygen.
- Yoga For Diabetes Patients: Surya namaskar or the twelve sun salutation poses help control diabetes as it promotes the production of insulin. The corpse pose is good too for patients suffering from diabetes issues.
- Yoga For Headaches: Migraines and headaches are common problems that can be handled using yoga. Poses like Sirsasana that increase the flow of oxygen to the brain can alleviate migraines easily.
- Yoga For Thyroid disorders: Yoga asanas like shoulder stand, inverted pose, plough pose, and the fish pose all help in making the thyroid gland work optimally again. The cobra pose and Ujjayi pranayama also work wonders by re-balancing metabolism and working on the throat reflex pathways to cure thyroid imbalance. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
- Yoga For Body pain: More than 50 percent of adults will face body pain due to a number of reasons in their lifetime. Simple stretching or yoga stretches can both help in the prevention of body pain. Tadasana is very good for aligning the vertebral column and getting rid of body pain. Surya namaskar stretches are very helpful too.
Update From Lybrate: Strengthen your immunity by shopping Immunity Booster Products from Lybrate’s GoodKart. These products also fight against various health ailments and infections.