Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Tirupur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. T.Ramu
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. T.RamuYour feedback matters!
My aunty, aged 50 years, a diabetic patient, for 12 years, so according to my knowledge her pre diabetic session has passed. My question is what is normal parameter of blood sugar level (fasting.
The thyroid gland is a tiny gland that produces the hormones which affect the body's metabolic process. When these hormones are produced in less or more quantities, it may result in an imbalance of the thyroid gland, leading to a range of thyroid issues including hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism and others. Overproduction or underproduction of the thyroid hormones can also cause a variety of other symptoms and conditions. While this affects the state of one's general well being, health and weight, it also has an effect on the patient's libido.
Let us learn more about the link between thyroid and sex:
- Thyroid in Men: Men who are suffering from hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism as well as related conditions like goitre or Garves Disease, have complained of sex related problems. These problems are known to affect at least 50% to 60% of the patients, as per various medical reports. The sex related issues include premature ejaculation, low sex drive, delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and others.
- Thyroid in Women: It has been found that almost 10% of women over the age of 50 suffer from some form or the other of thyroid hormone imbalance. Apart from fatigue, depression and muscle ache as well as weight alteration, depending on the type of thyroid problem, thyroid patients who are women have also experienced problems when it comes to libido. Sexual dysfunction and arousal problems are high on the list of these issues.
- Hormonal Treatment: One of the most common ways of treating this sex related thyroid problems for thyroid patients is through the use of hormonal therapy. Besides getting the testosterone, estrogen and other androgen levels checked, the patient must also get a full hormonal evaluation along with a check-up of the adrenal function. This can help in pointing any anomalies and the hormones that will require replacement with the help of appropriate medication.
- Optimal Drug Treatment: A T4 only drug or Levothyroxine can lead to a resolution of sexual problems that one encounters as a part of thyroid problems. There are many doctors who may switch to a T3 drug once the libido is restored and brought back to normal.
- Supplements: Men may require testosterone supplements, while women may need estrogen or progesterone supplements to tackle the sexual problems in such cases. These can be rendered as a patch or through an injection.
- Sex Therapy: In many cases, sex therapy considered as a popular and effective form of addressing the problems and helping the patients get around the same. This is especially helpful if depression is one of the symptoms of the thyroid disorder.
A thorough physical check-up also helps in treating such problems for thyroid patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Sugar level cross 430. She feel very weakness. She is suffering from heart problem also. What should I do. For weakness . Nd please send me diet plan. Which food is good for him.
I am diabetic, and am taking daonil 10mg in morning before breakfast and galvusmet 50/500 before dinner is there is any side effect by these drugs?
Can diabetes patients eat fruits?
It is a common understanding that fruits are not good for diabetic patients or they should not eat fruits, but is it really true? Almost all diabetic patients hesitate to eat fruits, as they consider them to contain sugar and since they already suffer from high sugar, they believe that eating fruits will spike it further.
Does diabetes mean excess sugar in blood?
No, diabetes means excess glucose in blood, not sugar. So, what's the difference? The difference is that all sugars are not glucose. Glucose is just one type of sugar and the only sugar that can cause diabetes. Glucose is present in most of the foods that we eat. It is highest in white table sugar, processed & packed foods and grains like rice & wheat.
Which kind of sugar is present in fruits?
Fruits contain a type of sugar known as fructose. Fructose is a simple sugar like glucose. However, it acts very differently as compared to glucose, and it does not mix with blood, as glucose does, and is stored in the liver. Therefore, Fructose acts as stored sugar and not as instant sugar like glucose. Some fruits also contain glucose, but it is present in much lower quantity, which is not responsible for increasing the blood glucose level. Remember, glucose is the energy or fuel for the body and even diabetic patients need it. But certainly not in excess.
Fruits & diabetes
- Fruits, having fructose, do not increase the level of blood glucose and because of this, fruits are not only safe for diabetic patients but they also help in lowering the level of glucose.
- Fruits also come packed with so many useful vitamins and minerals, that maintain the nutritional balance of the body.
- Moreover, fruits provide a good dose of soluble fiber helps in lowering the level of glucose in the blood.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!