Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijay Surase
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay SuraseYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from anxiety I over think sometime at night and then I could not sleep for night .i am afraid from heart disease thats why I choose to do cholesterol test and the report says the total cholesterol is 121 now please help me if I have 121 total cholesterol heart disease or attack will happen.
Many children are born with Atrial Septal Defect, a condition which is popularly known as holes in the heart. It is a major concern for most parents, but, thankfully it can be treated very easily. None of the parents want their child to undergo hospitalization and the resulting pain that treatments might incur. However, the good news is all kinds of heart holes do not need to be closed by surgery at all. Many a time the holes are filled over time naturally and the child only needs to be under medical observation that’s all.
In case a surgery needs to be performed, given the hole(s) in your child’s heart is medium to large sized, the surgeon makes sure that the procedure is painless. One of the commonest surgeries is one that involves the use of a catheter. Here, a catheter is attached to an umbrella-shaped device (a disk) and the apparatus is inserted through the groin region. The device is designed to reach your child’s heart and attach a disk to the hole, thereby filling it. When the process reaches completion the catheter is taken out of the body. The good thing about this surgery is that by six months natural tissues grow over the surgical site and re-operation is not required.
Open Heart Surgery
Another type of surgery that is performed to treat Atrial Septal Defect is an open heart surgery. This is only carried out only when the condition is serious. In this surgery too, the child is given medications that allow him/her to sleep throughout the procedure. Using a bypass machine the surgeons opens the heart and while the surgery is on, this machine imitates the pumping of the heart. The surgeon then uses a patch like a device to seal off the hole(s). Post surgery the child is discharged from the hospital within a week. There will be some guidelines that the concerned doctor might acquaint you with pertaining to the post-treatment care of the child. He/she might prepare a diet chart for your child.
Ventricular Septal Defect
Ventricular Septal Defect is a condition where a hole develops around the wall which separates the lower chambers of the heart. In most cases, the hole closes in on its own. If the hole is medium or large sized, a surgery will be performed. With surgery, your child would go back to leading a normal life. It is just that you need to take special care of his/her diet. The doctor might recommend foods that are high in calories. Make sure you follow the doctor’s advice properly and watch your child going back to bounding and playing like other children in no time.
Dear sir, My grandma have been blood pressure and diabetes since 10 years and her usual treatment or medication are going on. When her legs are swelled extremely ,she reached to a cardiologist. The doctor had written olmesar h 20 (Hydrochlorothiazide (12.5 mg, Olmesartan (20 mg)) tablet for it. Is it safe to give this medicine to a diabetic patient?
Hi i am 28 years of old frequently i m face pain on the right side of chest and I have gas trouble please suggest me if it is anything serious and precautions to undergo.
I'm 29 year old male I ve pain in left chest done xray it shows no problem again it started pain .can I get treat in accupunrure?
Hypertension or high blood pressure is very common disease. One is labeled as having hypertension when the patient's BP is more than 140/90.
Hypertension is of generally 2 types.
- Essential hypertension: No particular reason is found. This is the most common type And usually due to life style habits.
- Secondary hypertension: Here the BP goes up because of some other disease And once the main disease is treated the bp also becomes better.
Some causes of secondary hypertension are
- Kidney diseases
- Hormonal problems like thyroid disease, cushing's syndrome
- Certain medications
- Some rare tumors like adrenal tumors, pheochromocytoma etc.
- Alcohol abuse
- Drug addictions
Uncontrolled hypertension for long period can cause life threatening diseases like
- Heart attack.
- Paralysis due to brain stroke
- Kidney failure
Treatment consists of two parts.
- Lifestyle changes
Lifestyle changes include
- Low salt diet
- Eating fresh fruits and salads as at least one third of you diet as these are rich in potassium which helps to maintain low blood pressure.
- Exercise daily, such as walking for at least 45 minutes everyday.
- That would depend whether you have essential or secondary hypertension.
- In essential hypertension, No one medicine is for all. Your doctor will individualize the medicines as per your blood pressure, your blood report results and any Co existing disease like diabetes or kidney problem etc.
Goal of treatment
- Is to keep your blood pressure below 130/80 at all times And to prevent complications.
- Remember hypertension is deadly. However it can be easily managed. Lifestyle changes And medications complement each other. They do not substitute each other.
- With proper individualization of lifestyle changes And medications you can enjoy a normal and healthy life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.