Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Facial Reconstruction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Treatment of Nose Job
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Accident Injuries Treatment
Anti Aging Treatment
Cheek Augmentation Procedures
Cleft Lip Treatment
Dimple Creation Procedure
Glycolic Peel Treatment
Cryotherapy/Cold Therapy Treatment
Electrocautery Therapy Treatment
Acne Scars Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Venkateshwaran NYour feedback matters!
Sir I have pimples on my face and this is the first time. After recovering frm pimples I have dark on my face. IIs there any medicine to cure this.
Also known as jock itch, ‘Tinea Cruris’ is a fungal infection of the groin; it commonly occurs in men. This disorder is primarily caused by a fungus known as dermatophytes. It is characterized by an appearance of circular patches on the skin which look similar to a ring. They usually do no harm. However, if conditions are right they can 'invade' the skin, multiply and cause infection. The conditions fungi like best are warm, moist and airless areas of skin, such as the groin.
The fungus primarily tends to grow on the moist and warm parts of the body, such as the buttocks, thighs or the groin region. Men who are overweight are at an increased risk because of the excess sweat that provides the perfect thriving spot for the fungus. Athletes are also more vulnerable to this condition. Sharing objects such as shoes, towels and combs can also be a source of this infection.
The groin becomes itchy and irritable, mainly in the crease between the top of the leg and the genitals. It is more common in men, and the scrotum may also be itchy. A red rash then develops in the groin, usually with a definite edge or border. Both groins are commonly affected. The rash often spreads a short way down the inside of both thighs.
Sometimes the infection spreads to the skin on other parts of the body (or may have first started in another area, such as athlete's foot). Fungal infections do not usually go deeper than the skin into the body and are not usually serious.
This condition is usually mild, hence, can be treated with over the counter medications. It takes about a week or two for the symptoms to clear up completely. Anti-fungal creams and lotions are useful in getting rid of the infection. It is recommended to carry on with the treatment even after the symptoms subside; till you complete the required dosage. Also, continue the anti-fungal medication for at-least two weeks after symptomatic relief to prevent recurrence.
In addition to the treatments, there are certain preventive measures that you can adopt–
Don’t wear the same set of clothes every day while exercising.
Wear fresh and properly washed undergarments.
Wear loose fitting clothes; this prevents the area from getting too moist too soon.
Apply medicated talcum powder on the infected areas. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Acne scars look bad and often interfere with your bright looks, as they make you feel embarrassed and unfresh. You use more makeup to cover them or avoid going out in order to hide them. However, instead of hiding your face or the scars, you may try these treatment options to remove the scars instead and feel brighter and better.
- Chemical peels: This method involves the application of a chemical peel on the skin. The acid in it removes the superficial skin layer to improve the appearance of the scar. This works well on lighter scars, and a licensed medical practitioner, nurse or cosmetologist can do this procedure.
- Dermabrasion and Microdermabrasion: This technique involves using a high speed brush on the skin to polish the portion of the scar and make that part of the skin even, so that the scar looks lighter. If your skin doctor feels that you don't need serious dermabrasion, then he may use a microdermabrasion where small crystals are sprayed onto the skin surface to remove the skin cells over the scar and improve appearance.
- Fillers: Fillers are used on the skin which gets depressed due to the acne or scars. There are some binding materials like collagen or Hyaluronic acid, which can be injected through an injection, and this keeps the skin smooth, scar free and elevated for some time after which the injection has to be repeated. This has to be a continuous treatment until your skin starts to appear normal again.
- Retinoid creams: The retinoid creams are especially beneficial on scars if applied patiently for a prolonged period. These creams come with little side effects like burning, drying or peeling of the skin, but over a medium to long term application, all scars do get removed.
- Laser treatment: A combination of a few types of laser treatments or just one type depending on the acne stage or redness is used. This smoothens the skin and removes the acne scars by removing skin cells from the area.
- Punch Excisions and Skin grafting: This is a surgical technique. The acne scar can be removed by cutting a portion of the skin, and removing it. Normally, this procedure is combined with skin grafting, where the hole created by the acne is filled up either through stitches, or through grafting of the skin. This is actually the most invasive process to remove scars and only done when you have a serious, permanent and stubborn scar which can't be effectively removed by other techniques.