Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Vandana ParthasarathyYour feedback matters!
I think I have got chicken pox itchy rashes of spots all over the body headache back pain fever please help I will be highly thankful to you.
I am 27 years old man and I have done butter fly exercise for a week, during this I got pain in my thigh its remain till now, what to do?
1 year back I was playing cricket that Time I fallen dawn due to which on my knee I got hurt that bones makes sound but its not a fracture but from that day till now if I would ever try to go play I will be getting hurt there only on the knee and its pains a lot the skin become fat there and I get problem in walking please help me.
My wife is suffering from rheumatoid arthritis with RA factor 149. She is taking her allopathy course but still do faces swelling and pain in some or the other joints almost daily. But should she do at that time to reduce pain and what are the exercises to be done in this disease.
I am 37 years age. I have been suffering with backpain from 20 yrs. All tests have been done including mri but everything is correct. I am also suffering with tention, depression, stress, anxiety, mental insteability, fear, and loss of confidence since the same period. My digestive systom became very sensitive with loss appetate, gerd and flatulence. If I took protien rich food the backpain will increase. My life is running with dissatisfaction, loss of confidence, energyless and fatigue. I am six feet height and 68 kgs weight. When I took normaxin both times feel some relief. How many days I have to took this medicine? whether it has side effects and otherwise prefer alternative medicine or anything to continue my life as my with.
I am having knee pain for the last four years. I have been told to go for knees replacement but there is no one to look after me as well as I am scared as my elder sister passed away due to infection after her knee replacement. I am 70 yrs old. Please advise some exercises as well as medicine. NSBehl.
Acupuncture is a kind of therapy that combines needles with pressure and pain points in order to delicately apply pressure for pain relief. This form of physical therapy is being increasingly recognised as an efficient method of treating pain in joints, muscles, bones and even for migraine pain. So let us find out more about Acupuncture and pain management.
- Chronic or Long Term Pain: There are many ailments that cause chronic or long term pain. These include back pain, neck pain, stiffness in the joints, osteoarthritis, headache and migraine, and pain in the shoulders. All this can be treated over a long period of time with the help of simulated acupuncture which uses pointed apparatus for activating better blood circulation for overall improvement in the pain that is being experienced in the area. The use of this apparatus helps in avoiding the harmful medication that can have adverse side effects.
- Menstrual Cramps: A fine needle method at the right points can help in bringing down the symptoms of the painful condition called dysmenorrhoea during menstrual cycles. With acupuncture, the acupuncturist can administer acupoint therapy to relieve menstrual cramps. This will help in moving the qi, or life force, in a better way so that the pain will stop.
- Acute Pain: Over use of muscles, joints and repetitive, work related movements and strain can lead to acute pain. This includes wrist pain, shoulder pain, elbow pain, back pain, lower back pain, neck pain and even leg pain. With acupuncture, the patient gets rid of the pain in close to twelve sittings.
- Pain due to Cancer Treatment: Cancer and its treatment can take a heavy toll on the body and lead to a series of complications which also includes pain. A clean needle procedure can be followed along with the chemotherapy and radiation or after it, so as to relieve the patient of the pain experienced. Also, it can be used to replace traditional chemotherapy and radiation.
- Better Rest: When the needles or apparatus touch the pressure points and circulate the blood and life force, it actually creates a soothing effect and helps the patient sleep and get better rest. This is also a requirement for pain relief. It can bring better blood flow to the area and help in removing anxiety and stress related to pain so that there is better chance of getting rest.
With the use of acupuncture, pain can be taken care of with the needles and various tools that come in various shapes. These tools and equipment can also use laser treatment along with the point focused treatment.
Keep Your Bones Strong.
Calcium and vitamin D can help you do that. Dairy products are the best sources of calcium, but other options are green, leafy vegetables like broccoli and kale. If you don't get enough calcium from food, ask your doctor about supplements.
I have pain in my back on left side below my chest. Even though it goes away after some time. It hurts a lot .I don't have trouble running or while doing physical activity. What is the problem?
A few years back ii had fallen on my back on the lower back I had treated it mildly then, but now at certain instances I feel immense pain in the lower back. Kindly suggest.
My leg is in pain from 3 days. I think that this pain is due to excess lactic acid in my blood. Please tell me what to do.
I am 19 years old I work for 5 hours in back office and my back bone starts paining what should I do? Please advise.
Hi I am 31 years old I have back pain since 8 to 10 months due to bike riding and long time sitting at my office also feel pain on legs. What to do ? Please advice.
My 23 year old son is having a severe neck pain (with shoulder and back pain) since last night as he had a very rigorous travel by flight. It seems he slept with a wrong posture for an hour because of which all this started. Doctor kindly suggest some safe way out since he has 9 hours of work which he cannot neglect He is also having dizziness. Thankingyou.
For a sportsman, coming face to face with sports injury is no big deal. But what is important is that he/she gets the correct treatment in order to recover fast and get back to the field, giving their best performance in their field of sports. With regular medical check ups, physiotherapy sessions, training sessions, exercises and gymnasium sessions, sports injuries are treated effectively. However, all variants of a treatment may not fit with all kinds of injuries. Thus, treatments are always injury-specific for a more effective progression.
Here are some of the most common sports injuries and their most effective treatments as prescribed by sports specialists.
- Ankle sprain: Ankle sprains are common among sportsmen and sportswomen when the ligaments of their ankles tear. Such injuries are very common, but also unfortunately, extremely painful and demand a lot of recovery time. With such an injury, even though they are advised bed rest, it is important to continue with some kinds of exercises. This would help in preventing the stamina and muscle strength in your ankles. It would also help you to recover fast.
- Knee injury: Another very common form of sports injury is the knee injury where one can experience excruciating pain. Although, proper rest and exercises heal most injuries in a month or two; those that are serious might even need a surgery.
- Tennis elbow: Tears in the tendons of the elbow due to its recurring use can cause tennis elbow. It has a natural healing process with just a few exercises. In fact, it is recommended you give proper rest to the elbow so that it can heal faster. Even after healing, to avoid chances of recurring tennis elbow, stress should be lowered in this part of the body.
- Hamstring Strain: Hamstring is that part of the body, which is formed by three muscles behind your thigh. Hamstring is mostly a forgotten part of the body and one hardly remembers it. But, it is very prone to sprains and injuries, if exercises involving the hamstring are not carried out properly. In fact, there are specific exercises pertaining to hamstring, which are performed to prevent it from injuries. Hamstring injuries have a very long recovery period. It might actually take up to a year for full recovery because it experiences constant pressure when you walk, letting it heal slowly. Thus, incorporating hamstring exercises in your daily routine would help in faster healing of such injuries.
These are some of the most common types of sports injuries and the methods of treating them as recommended by medical practitioners. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.