Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vandana Parthasarathy(p.T.)
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Neck Pain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Slip Disc
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Frozen Shoulder
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Buttock Pain
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
Treatment of Shoulder Injuries
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Vandana Parthasarathy(p.T.)Your feedback matters!
I am 31 year old and I have two knee pain . I have used some pain relief balm but no result. Should I do?
6 months back I had a strain on my right side of lower back. Initially the pain or tentativeness was down to the foot. After consulting doctor they did SLR test found pain on the right side lower back. Gave belt medicine and told to avoid forward bending. Suggested some exercise like bhujang aasan reverse straight leg lifting but still I havenot recovered completely. What should I do?
I have knee pains. I used lot@ of tablets I asked doctors. But I didn't get relief from that pains. Pls tell me how can I relief from that pains?
I have mostly legs aching during normal times and it bothers me much that I am helpless that I couldn't sleep properly until I take a pain killer. What would be the reason and what should I do to get rid of it?
I have heavy shoulder pain for several days. What medicine should I take? What may be the the reason for pain?
Hello doctor I satender kumar age 25 have a problem in my knee. When I sit for long time I mean 2-3 hours than there is a little bit of pain in my knee and when I stretch my knee straight it becomes normal. Can you please explain the cause for this problem. Thanks Satender kumar Mob - 8851147345.
I have also my leg problem they somewhere or sometime pain in my both leg. So how I treatment without going hospital.
Hi i Met an accident and a bone in left leg approx 100-120 mm above knee had broken. Doctors are suggesting for operation. Any medicine to recover it faster. I am also diabetic and using heart medicines.
I am a Married women. I'm having diabetes and I'm also having some pain in my legs. Recommend me some medicine please tell me.
Tremors in fingers in certain position noticed from last 1 month and twitching in left arm muscle from today? Really worried about it.
The human body allows for movement through the complex system of bones, muscles and joints. A break in the bone is medically known as a fracture and can be caused by constant stress, pressure or impact. It is common knowledge that with age, the bone strength decreases and incidence of fractures (osteoporotic fracture) increases. Based on the affected bone and impact, different types of fractures are commonly identified as:
- Complete: When the breakage of the bone is complete, producing two or more pieces, it is referred to as a complete fracture.
- Incomplete: When the breakage is incomplete, where the bone has cracked, but does not break into pieces, it is known as an incomplete fracture.
- Another type would be the open or closed fracture:
- Open fracture: When the skin is exposed and the bone breaks through this exposed skin, it is known as compound or open fracture.
- Simple or closed fracture: The bone breaks, but the skin continuity is maintained. Again, here are different types including hairline, greenstick, oblique, etc.
What is the reason behind a fracture?
A bone will fracture when force is applied to it that is stronger than the bone itself. A key factor in a bone’s susceptibility to fracturing is age. Both children and older people are prone to bone fractures. Children’s bones are constantly growing and have not reached their full strength. Elderly people have brittle bones with old age and are prone to develop bone diseases, making them susceptible to fractures.
How they are treated?
Splint and pain medications are commonly used. Closed reduction where the fracture is reduced without opening up the tissues and open reduction, where the tissues are opened up are common approaches to managing fractures.
Can they be prevented?
Especially with children and in the elderly, extra precaution should be taken to avoid any kind of injury and fracture.
- Develop an exercise routine to strengthen the muscles
- Manage weight
- Use the right footwear and exercise gear
- Watch your medications (avoid sleep inducing ones)
- Increase lighting in the room/home to improve clarity of vision for elderly
- Make the home/living area fall-proof by reducing clutter, using railing in the bathroom and bedrRhinoplastyoom, using rubber mat, etc.
- While a fall may seem inevitable, taking the above steps can help reduce the incidence and severity of a fall, thereby minimizing damage. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.