Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. V.T IngalhalikarYour feedback matters!
I am a lady of 43 years and a patient of rheumatoid Arthritis for now more than 15 yrs. Now am having primary Osteoarthritis in my knees too which is now BADLY Affected. Let me know whether its good to take a cup of packet milk available in the market for bone health regularly at night?
I am a male 53 years having symptom of running nose cough body ache fatigue joint pain for the last 14 days. My blood test for widal is <=1: 20 and MP is negative. Is it typhoid fever I am having or simply a viral fever?
I have dheel (hindi word) (a problem at the sole of feet). It was operated 4 years back. But it is paining now. What to do doctor?
She is suffering from compression fracture in her lower back D11. What is the best way to cure it? And if she want to do surgery then how much it gonna cost?
I am over 50 male, in my right leg at the top of Ankle the skin has dotted black spots and in some parts of ankle it covers the ankle, it is not harmful or gives pain but it look odd and dirty, on my left lg ankle it is not so black spotted. I have no B>P or Sugar or any heart disease. I want to get rid of this black spotted right ankle, kindly give some lotion or pills to get rid of this black spot spread on my right ankle.
My sons knee was accidentally got hit by an motorcycle and his feet does not shows dorsiflexion can you help me in this.
My chest side of left down area and belly uper area pain continue .treatment medicine .doctor told gas problems. Given medicine but days few many time pain this area. Could not finish pain. Usg xray report fine but this tg report high. Vitamin D report low. Kindly provided best treatment.
My mother often has pain in her joints (mostly in knees). Is there any remedy for it to minimize the pain. Help me out in it?
I am 53 years old male without diabetic or BP. Sometimes getting sprain in the spinal disc when suddenly bending or getting up suddenly from downside. What treatment / exercise should I take for this?
I right hand wrists is paining I can't lift anything properly it pains so much what to do give me some suggestion on this I will be very thank ful.
I am suffering from Ankylosis spondylosis for past 10 yrs. It causes severe chronic pain at my back, joints,hips and buttocks, it also keep shifting from left to right side of the body. How to control this pain? Please advice any permanent cure of my pain.
I have knee pain and forgetfulness a lot and doing spelling mistake even for simple words I already knew. I had b12 deficiency which continued about 2 years but I dont have now and still my condition getting bad.
I am 22 year old male I haven't slept since 2 days I am having severe back pain, tried multiple home remedies but didn't works, what should I do? Please help me!
The knee joint is made up of several elements including the knee cap, meniscus, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, and muscles. Damage to any part of the knee can cause chronic pain.
What can cause knee pain:
Fractures: These are caused by the breaking up of the kneecap due to falls or collisions.ACL Injuries: Caused due to the tearing of the anterior cruciate ligament (that connects the femur and the shinbone). Especially common in sportspersons such as footballers or basketball players.Meniscus tears: The meniscus or the rubber-like cartilage (that acts as a shock absorber) can be torn by sudden jerks or excess pressure.
Arthritis: The chief cause of lingering knee pain, arthritis itself can be of a number of types.
- Osteoarthritis, which is a result of deterioration of cartilages due to wear and tear
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, an inflammatory chronic disorder
- Septic Arthritis, causing pain, swelling and redness.
- Gout caused due to the development of uric acid crystals in the joints
How to deal with it:
- Exercise: Moderate to intense exercise is prescribed for one and all. This, of course, depends on one's overall health and age. If you are already suffering from joint pain, then you may want to go easy on the exercise with a focus on building muscle strength and foundation. If you are healthy, then some amount of daily exercise as a routine will keep those knees in prime working condition and well lubricated as well. Inactivity and a sedentary lifestyle can affect the knees very badly.
- Dealing with Load: Weight is a big one. Carrying around extra pounds and kilograms can be detrimental for your knees in the long run. Your knee is not equipped to handle the excessive weight. It already supports three to five times your weight when you get up and walk around or indulge in some mild jogging. One must be careful of those extra pounds to take the load off the knee and keep it from falling prey to damage.
- Do not Ignore: Warning signals such as chronic or acute knee pain should not be ignored. Remember to see a doctor or an orthopaedic specialist to find out if you have contracted an infection or if you may have suffered a fracture due to an injury.
The ligaments around the knee are strong. However, sometimes they can become injured. They may be stretched (sprained), or sometimes torn (ruptured). A ligament rupture can be partial (just some of the fibres that make up the ligament are torn) or complete (the ligament is torn through completely). The majority of knee ligament injuries are sprains and not tears and they tend to settle down quickly.
ACL injury and other ligament injuries can be caused by:
- Twisting your knee with the foot planted
- Getting hit on the knee
- Extending the knee too far
- Jumping and landing on a flexed knee
- Stopping suddenly when running
- Suddenly shifting weight from one leg to the other
These injuries are common in soccer players, football players, basketball players, skiers, gymnasts, and other athletes.
- Rest the knee.
- Ice your knee to reduce pain and swelling.
- Compress your knee.
- Elevate your knee on a pillow when you're sitting or lying down.
- Wear a knee brace to stabilise the knee
- Practise stretching and strengthening exercises if they are recommended.
For severe collateral ligament tears, you may need surgery to attach the ligament back to the bone if it was pulled away, or to the other part of the ligament if it was torn in the middle.
A meniscus tear is a common knee injury. The meniscus is a rubbery, C-shaped disc that cushions your knee. Each knee has two menisci (plural of meniscus)-one at the outer edge of the knee and one at the inner edge. The menisci keep your knee steady by balancing your weight across the knee. A torn meniscus can prevent your knee from working right.
A meniscus tear is usually caused by twisting or turning quickly, often with the foot planted while the knee is bent. Meniscus tears can occur when you lift something heavy or play sports. As you get older, your meniscus gets worn. This can make it tear more easily.
Treatment may include:
- Rest, ice, wrapping the knee with an elastic bandage, and propping up the leg on pillows.
- Physical therapy.
- Surgery to repair the meniscus.
- Surgery to remove part of the meniscus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.