Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pathologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Supriya DuttaYour feedback matters!
Achilles Tendon pain is an orthopedic condition that can originate from tears and ruptures to the AchillesTendon, which is known as one of the strongest and also the longest tendon in the human body. It is a band of tissues that decides the quality of your movements and motions to a great extent, as it connects the heel with the calf. Therefore, any injury to this tendon can decrease the strength and support to the muscles and create a painful situation. So how can you deal with this pain? Read on to know more.
- Rice Therapy: Rice is a commonly used term by orthopedic specialist. It refers to Rest, Ice, Compression with a bandage, and finally Elevation. The patient must take lots of rest as well as use ice packs to deal with the injury and acute pain. Finally, the area must be compressed with a bandage and kept elevated on cushions.
- Surgery: For very severe cases, the orthopedic specialist can recommend surgery as well. This kind of surgery aims at reattaching the displaced or ruptured tendon which may have reached such a fate through a sports or any other kind of injury. The doctor may also place your leg in a cast for a few weeks to keep it at complete rest.
- Pain Medication: The doctor can also prescribe pain relievers that contain Ibuprofen as well as acetaminophen or even naproxen. These medicines should be taken in moderation as per the doctor's prescription. Usually, this kind of medication is taken only when unbearable pain is experienced by the patient.
- Thermotherapy or Heat Treatment: The use of heat for chronic pain or even pain that has been ailing for over 48 hours is known as thermotherapy. This therapy uses heating pads and hot water bottles to help relieve the pain. One must be careful while applying anything hot to the site of the injury. Use a towel to wrap the hot water bottle or heating pad so that there is no scalding or leaking on to the skin.
- Footwear: It is important to prevent continuous injury and pain to the already injured Achilles tendon. To do this, you must wear supportive and comfortable footwear that has heel lifts and other customized orthotics built into the shoes.
Taking care of Achilles Tendon pain is a matter of taking various precautions and supportive actions that lead to better healing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.
I am having fever, headache and body pain from this morning. I have vomited 2 times. What should I do?
I always feel heavy on the right side of my body from head to toe. Severe pain in my right shoulder and feet. Is it symptom for any disorder? also my husband is suffering from severe pain in his right arm. He is unable to lift his hand completely, he is not getting relief from any kind of medicine or massage.
I have too much body pains actually I'm a truck driver what I use medicine please tell me better one.
I am suffering from high fever for the last 5 days and I have body pain. Can you suggest what I should be done.
Hello doctor I am suffering from fever and body pains since 3 days and I visited nearby hospital but still I did not recovered.
I'm 22 years old and I'm gaining lot of weight and I'm not getting sleep at nights and I have thyroid and I'm using medication thyronorm 100 MCG but still gaining weight and after taking 100mcg I'm suffering from lots of body pains can you suggest me what should I do even what should I take for getting my thyroid normal.
I have got for few months and motions, red eyes and I can't lifting any body pains in my opinion is that so give any other information.
Sir I'm suffering from body pain. And I'm feeling lezey. Like no energy in body I'm feeling energy less Please suggest met what can I do to leave from this problem.
Hello doctors My mom has some problems. Like paining in her body like in joints every part of body joints and she get tired very fast even can't walk too much. She has thyroid problem taking 25 number tablets is there any serious problem for pains in body are it's just side effect of thyroid sometimes her half body pain we are really confused about this problem even can't sleep in night . Thank you.
My whole body pains after waking up in the morning. Persist for whole day .and I have problem of fullness in stomach since few days. Suggest something plz.
I am having some nerves pain particularly hand and leg when I am tensed or over stressed. What to do.?
I am 60 years old female. Problem of having pain and stiffness in whole body specially knee and neck. I want Ayurvedic Dr. To see my problem.
Once feared to be highly contagious and fatal, leprosy is today a disease that can be treated and even cured. Leprosy or Hansen’s disease is a bacterial infection caused by the bacterium Mycobacterium leprae and affects the peripheral nervous system and skin. Leprosy has been categorized into two types – tuberculoid and lepromatous – with the latter being more severe. Both these categories have been further subdivided into more categories. Skin lesions are the most prominent symptom of leprosy. If left untreated, leprosy can cause permanent damage to the skin, nervous system, limbs and eyes.
An early diagnosis of this disease makes treatment easier. Apart from antibiotics, homeopathic medicines are also effective when it comes to treating leprosy. Homeopathy is a holistic form of treatment that addresses not only the symptoms of the disease, but also the root cause of the infection. One of the biggest advantages of homeopathy is that it has negligible side effects. When it comes to leprosy, homeopathy can be used to reduce inflammation and pain, drain sores and promote suppuration. It can also strengthen the immune system to prevent recurrent sores and boils. Some of the homeopathic remedies that may be helpful are:
Sulphur: If the patient has a tendency to suffer from eruptions, curvature of the spine, wrinkled and flabby skin and has a voracious appetite triggered by diseased glands, sulphur is effective. The symptoms may also be aggravated by washing and the affected area may itch more on scratching. There is a tendency for the folds of the skin to be sore.
Graphites: If the patient has swollen lymph glands, mesenteric glands and prominent skin sores, this medicine is useful. It also treats moist eruptions that bleed or ooze tenacious discharge before turning into scabs on the scalp, face, joints and in the folds of the skin. The patient may experience an absence of sweat and hair fall.
Calcarea Carbonica and Silicea: The combination of these two medicines help in treating a patient who suffers from a swollen abdomen and has open fontanelles. Excessive sweating is another symptom treated by Calcarea carbonica and Silicea.
Rhus Toxicodendron: This is prescribed in cases where the patient has reddish skin that is covered with vesicles and suffers from intense itchiness.
Cantharis: It is used when the patient has large blisters on the skin accompanied by intense burning. The blisters may look like typical burn blisters.
Croton Tiglium: It is used to treat small blisters that itch terribly and form pustules that dry into yellowish scabs.
Although homeopathy is considered safe and free from side effects, it should not be used to self-medicate.