Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sophia RodriguesYour feedback matters!
My period cycle is irregular. It varies between 23-26 days. When is it safe to have sex using condom if I don't take any ocp. Or emergency contraceptive pills.
According to physiologists, human bodies are of three types: endomorph, mesomorph and ectomorph. Endomorphs are round and fat; they find it difficult to lose weight. Mesomorphs are neither too fat nor too thin; they can lose the weight they gain very easily. Ectomorphs are usually thin and tall; they can eat whatever they want without gaining much weight.
If you are an ectomorph and you wish to gain weight, the bad news is that it will be difficult for you. Your metabolic rate is too high and your muscle growth is comparatively lower. If you want to gain muscles, you need a comprehensive workout routine and the right diet. Along with the right training, you need to remember to eat from the three major food groups: carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
I. Carbohydrates: Carbohydrate is the main energy source for your body and you need 50-60 per cent of it in your daily intake. The foods you can include in your diet are as follows:
- Whole grain cereal
II. Proteins: Protein is the most important macronutrient (food you need in huge amounts in your diet). Protein plays an important part in repairing your body and building muscles. You need 1.5 grams of protein intake as per your bodyweight. Proteins you can eat include:
- Lean meat (Such as turkey or chicken)
- Fish (Such as halibut, tilapia, cod, etc.)
- Seafood (Such as crabs, prawns or lobsters)
- Skim milk
- Whey protein
- Cottage cheese
III. Fats: The correct fat intake will raise your testosterone levels (this hormone is responsible for muscle growth), protect the joints in your body, provide extra energy and improve your mood. You can add fat to your diet by consuming the following foods:
- Organic nut butter (Such as peanut butter or almond butter)
- Fatty fish such as salmon, sardines, trout, tuna, mackerel and herring
- Healthy oils (Such as olive oil, fish oil or flaxseed oil)
I am 22 years old. I am a female. I had sex fr first tym bt there was no bleeding. Aur no sign of a virgin. Bt it was my first ttm.
I am really confused I ask many peoples some say that harshly breast pressing causes cancer and damage glands and nerves some say no! My bf presses and squeezes and sucks by breast very harshly and tightly for long time! During foreplay! We r doing these things from many days but alternate days! But I am worried that as I had listened these things about damages and harms? Please can anyone tell an logical answer with reason that tightly breast squeezing damages breast or breast or not? Or they only cause temporary pain? So as I can we worry free and enjoy the tight harsh breast pressing by my bf! Please help!
Colposcopy is a procedure that is used to get a closer view of a women’s cervix, vagina and vulva. It is a procedure carried on to detect the presence of any abnormal cells on the cervix and nearby areas.
Why is Colposcopy done?
This procedure is carried out to see the problems in the vagina and cervix which may otherwise be not visible with a naked eye. A colposcopy is done when the Pap test results are abnormal. These abnormalities could be due to several reasons like viral infections namely human papillomavirus (HPV) infection or any other fungal (yeast), bacterial or protozoan (Trichomonas) infection. Atrophic vaginitis or natural cervical changes due to menopause can also lead to abnormal Pap test results. However one needs to be careful because these untreated cervical cell changes that lead to abnormal Pap tests can at times develop into precancerous or cancerous changes.
In case during colposcopy, an abnormal tissue is found in the problem areas, the doctor will remove a tiny sample of it and send it to the lab. This is normally known as a biopsy or cervical biopsy which is done from inside the opening of the cervix or endocervical canal.
Procedure for a colposcopy and biopsy
A colposcopy is normally a pain free procedure where at times some women might feel a slight tingling or burning sensation when the solution is applied. Biopsy might lead to a little discomfort like that of a sharp pinch or a menstrual cramp. During colposcopy a speculum or a small instrument is inserted into the vagina to spread apart the vaginal walls. In order to see the area more clearly the doctor dabs the cervix or vagina with a cotton swab dipped in vinegar (acetic acid) or Iodine (Lugol's solution). The solution is used to remove any kind of mucus and also makes the abnormal cells turn white in order to be clearly visible.
The doctor then uses a colposcope, a light magnifying device that looks like binoculars and has a bright light mounted to it. It also has a camera attached to it to take the videos or pictures of the cervix and vagina.
Biopsies are normally done by scraping away abnormal cells with a small brush or a small curette.
Results of colposcopy or cervical Biopsy
In case of Normal results the vinegar or iodine will not show the presence of any abnormal cells and the vagina and cervix look normal. But in case of abnormal results, there are abnormal tissues seen in the problem areas. It could also be a sore or a genital wart or infection in and around the vagina. The biopsy report would clarify whether it is cervical cancer or is likely to develop. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hello Doctor, Pregancy main normal sugar level kitani honi chahiye, aur diabetes main baby ko kya harm ho sakata hai?
Dr. Told Me, When I Do Sex In Unsafe Days To Pregnant A Women But I Can not Understand Clearly. Please Somebody Again Told Me About This?
I have a daughter of 2 years old she has swelling around his toe finger and its paining a lot. And it seems that some dust particle are inside swelling? Please help.
Hi. Me and my gf have go through an unprotected sex on 13.05.17. And on 16.05.17 take an unwanted 72 for safety delayed but before 72 hrs. Her period cycle date is also 13.05.17. But till now she doesn't have their periods. I am worried now what to do. Please hlp me.
Hi 21 years old girl. Mujhe intimate area whitening cream ke bare m janna h. For pink vagina. Pls suggest me which one is better and safe intimate whitening /bleach cream.
My wife is not interested in having sex, she does not feel the orgasm. I do a lot of fore play. She love licking the vagina, but does not love to go further not she gets fully satisfied. Kindly suggest a valuable way to satisfy her at the most.
Being a good parent is a rich and rewarding experience. However, it is not an easy task. It takes a lifetime to feel that one has been a good parent. If you follow a few rules and tips, you can move closer to being one. On one hand, there is a need to pamper your kids, and on the other, there is a need to instill fear and not cross certain boundaries. How to seek balance here? The idea is to instill good values like honesty, kindness, and empathy and at the same time prevent anxiety, depression, mood disorders, and substance abuse.
Read on to know what the experts have to about parenting, keeping in mind the current changes in lifestyle trends.
- Communicate and lead by example: While there are things that a parent tells a child, what is taught through action is far more important. So, if you want a message driven to your child, it is more important to do it, than just talk about it. This will help your kid to do the same the next time he is in trouble and seeks advice on something.
- Pamper within limits: With most parents moving to one child per family, it's a common sight to see parents pampering their children without limits and saying yes to their every want. However, there should be a limit, and the child should know what cannot be provided and what cannot be demanded.
- Replacing time with things: Another change that is sweeping our society is the lack of time among parents. And a big mistake that parents do is to provide things to children where they cannot make time. This is a big mistake, which the child can learn to abuse and demand things not required for him or beyond him.
- Create a balance: A parent should be clear when the child can expect lenience and strictness. This is very essential, else the child will expect lenience for everything. Being sweet all the time isn't the wise thing to do. On the other hand, being strict for everything is not required either. The thing is to let the child know what acts will make you feel happy and which ones will annoy you, so he or she can act accordingly. The child should be clear of both these aspects of the parents.
- Punish when required: It does require a hard heart to do it, but trivial punishments when required should be enforced. It is not the punishment, but the idea that the child can be punished if required. This will encourage your kid to do what's right, and always follow that.
- Be his friend: Different stages of a child’s growth requires different levels of control and empathy. The values that need to be instilled also would be different. A three-year-old should be dealt with differently from a teenager from an adolescent. Grow with them and enjoy the parenting phase. And most importantly, be his or her friend. So that your child always knows whom to rely on.
I have first time sex 1 month ago, then after some days my breast size get increased suddenly. please tell me what is this. Or this is a sign of pregnancy?
Im 20 years old. I have unwanted facial hair growth, irregular periods, and dark spots in my face because of pimples. What should I do?
She has block her pipe near by vagina. She can not be pregnant. Her marriage has been done before 4year. Doctor says to do operation and open it. But before 6 month she get pregnant for one month and she get miss garage. I want to know that pipes can open without operation? Pls help me.
In an incredibly fast paced and unhealthy lifestyle of the modern world, irregular menses aren’t exactly an unusual situation. The length of a monthly cycle may either last longer than usual or end earlier than usual, only to begin in a short while again, accompanied by greater abdominal pain and blood loss. Irregular cycles may vary from 8 to 21 days or more. The variation of 21 days or more is considered highly irregular and abnormal. A woman may face some menstrual irregularities at both ends of menstrual life, (onset- menarche and end of cycle- menopause) which is normal and in most of the cases, it is self-establishing.
Causes of Irregular Menstrual Cycle:
The cause of irregularities in menstrual cycle is basically hormone imbalance. The altered levels in the body lead to irregular cycles. There are many factors in routine life which affect hormonal balance. Some of them are:
- Poor diet or wrong dietary habits
- Stress and anxiety, thoughts and emotions
- Lifestyle: Lack of physical activity and exercise, too much physical exertion, stress and strain during menses.
- Illness: Long-term illness like fever, tuberculosis, thyroid problem etc.
- Medication: Certain medicine if taken for a long time, like oral contraceptive pills, hormonal therapy etc., alters hormonal balance.
- Imbalance of Tridosha (vatta, pitta and kapha) in body, leads to irregularities of reproductive system.
As per Ayurveda, Vatta is the main culprit in menstrual irregularities.
How To Deal With Menstrual Irregularities:
With the sudden acceptance of eastern concepts of yoga and organic and indigenous medicines around the world, Ayurveda has gained importance in treating irregular menses, gynecological and obstetric problems.
- Lifestyle and Food- There is no alternative for lifestyle and food habits correction. Eating healthy and nutritious food, regular exercise, yoga, physical activity, outdoor games lead to good physical health.
- Meditation and Breathing: Exercise is good for taming hormones. It keeps a person physical and mentally healthy.
- Avoid heavy physical work during menses.
- A good oil massage over body keeps Vatta in balance (one of the important tridoshas of body: vatta, pitta and kapha).
Ayurveda has proven to be much helpful in regulating the menstrual cycles. According to certain studies, Ayurveda came in rather handy while tackling PCOS, a disease distressing 1 in 3 women today. It is certain that Ayurveda medicines work better in certain scenarios and definitely have fewer risks in comparison to allopathic medicines and surgeries. Over a period of time, they have proven much more beneficial in overcoming the irregular menses and the irritation along with the accompanying pain and PMS symptoms. Ayurvedic medicines use herbs and roots and almost everything found in nature to discover a rather organic cure for diseases. Certain plants like Shatavari are used to reduce the much spoken about mood swings or PMS symptoms during periods which can only worsen in case of an irregularity. The bark of the Ashoka tree has proven to be quite helpful in relieving menstrual pain and excessive bleeding. Other plants and their parts like the Lodhra, Guggul, Guduchi and Amlaki, Jatamansi etc. are useful in regulating periods and reducing the stress and irritation accompanied by it.
Panchkarma- Basti therapy (Enema- administration of medicines through rectal route). In this treatment, decoction of different herbs and medicated oils are used for giving enema. Basti has proven its efficacy since centuries, for treating Vatta. A course of 5, 8, 15, 30 or 60 basti, as per person’s requirement can be given for menstrual problems. Irregular periods, although are faced by a large chunk of women, pose different symptoms for different people and hence individualized treatment is advised. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.