Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SophiaYour feedback matters!
Why is my periods too heavy? Nearly it happens for a month. Don't know why but I do not get periods for the next month? Can you specify the reason please.
It is bleeding very lightly from yesterday. I had sex before a week and had unwanted 72 tablet. I had my last period on 22 sept again I had period on 7 oct and now from yesterday 22 it is bleeding lightly. Is it coz of pills? Anything serious? am I pregnant?
Dear sir, My friend had a breast cancer and had chemo followed by radiotherapy. After treatment her monthly periods not coming. Is it normal or has any other problem please sujjest me.
Female, 23 yrs, weight 35 kg, I am suffering from Pott Spine/ Bone TB and its treatment course duration is 1 year and 6 months and my course has completed 6 months but I want to have baby although my husband is against my decision as he says AT THIS TIME PRIORITY IS YOUR HEALTH AND WE'LL HAVE BABY LATER POST COMPLETION OF MY TB COURSE. Now here I want to ask what if in this situation if I conceive; shall go ahead against my husband decision or what should I do or should I follow my husband's instructions. Please educate in both manner in context of my and my husband's decision.
Me and my girlfriend were physically contacted on 25 of previous month But we did not have sex but I fingered her I do not know weather my pre-cum was on my finger or not. That incident day was her 4th day of period. She was discharging liquid and some day she noticed that a curd type thick liquid is flowing. Now the liquid flowing is completely stopped. She was saying me that, before 1 day or 2 days of her monthly period she use to discharge some liquid. But now no such symptoms are there. Her next period is 23rd of this month and today is 20th. Is it pregnancy? And one more question that can we test pregnancy on kit before her period? Please help us we are very tensed.
My period date is 21 & now I 5-6 days over at my time period .Is there any pregnancy? please tell me. But I am not pregnant.
I am a 47, female, have menstrual problem, tests indicate low Hbg - 9.5 T3 T4 N THS NORMAL sugar RANDOM 102 USG The uterus is bulky. A 3.1x 2.7 cm fibroid is seen in fundus of uterus the endometrial thickness is 16 mm. Needs further evaluation.
Chlamydia is a Sexually Transmitted Disease. It is generally found in men and women under the age of 25. Researchers have found that in the United States about 2.9 million individuals develop this disease every year.
Here are things that you must know about the disease:
What is it all about?
It is caused due to bacterial infection and is transferred sexually. You can be infected with disease by having vaginal, oral or anal sex with the patient. You must be aware of the fact that you can develop chlamydia even if your partner doesn’t ejaculate inside your vaginal tract. If you had suffered from this disease in the past, you can still get it again by having unprotected sex with an infected person.
What are the symptoms of this disease?
There aren’t any obvious symptoms for this disease. Most of the patients show no sign of developing this disease. Thus, you never get to know when you were infected actually. However, some patients do reflect some symptoms after 4 to 5 days of infection. These symptoms include abnormal penis or vaginal discharge and painful, burning urination. Men can also develop a bleeding rectum.
How do you know for sure that you are infected?
Well, you can get yourself tested to confirm about the infection.
What happens if you don’t get treated?
If the patient doesn’t seek medical help, he or she is posing threat to his or her health. Women may develop pelvic inflammatory diseases, infertility or ectopic pregnancy. In men, it can cause pain and fever as the infection spreads along the tube carrying sperm.
Is there any treatment?
This disease is curable. But it is important to avoid sexual contact with anyone during the period of treatment or medication. First, you need to undertake the test to confirm the infection. You shouldn’t have sex for seven days after the treatment is over. It is advisable to get yourself tested thrice in a year. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I am three years married man age 34 wt 57kg. Height 5.6ft. After avoiding 18 month we are trying to have a child but till now fail.Please do help me.
I am 21 years old. My girlfriend is 17 years old. To be frank. We are in serious relation ship. Is it safe if we get physical? Not sex.
Sir I want to know that my wife age 35 years got operated for uterus tumour on 11 Feb 2015 and discharged after one weak We don't have any child yet When we can go for intercourse with each other Already we got in this two three times in this period My age is also 35 years.
Are you growing hair in unusual places where you do not want them to be such as on the neck, chest, chin and back? Hirsutism is a medical term, which refers to excess body hair and facial hair in women. It occurs because of an increased production of androgens or male hormones. The increased sensitivity of the androgen receptors in the skin follicles also causes hirsutism.
Hirsutism is diagnosed using two methods:
- The Ferriman Gallwey model involves the visual inspection for detecting the presence of excess hair. The amount of hair growth in nine areas of your body is quantified in this model. However, this is not an ideal method as many women shave or pluck their hair.
- Blood test for excess androgens is another method for diagnosis of hirsutism. The different tests include free testosterone, total testosterone and DHEAS or dehydropiandosterone sulphate. Women with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) are likely to have increased levels of free testosterone in their body because of the absence of enough sex hormone binding globulin.
Removing excess hair
There are several ways by which you can get rid of excess body and facial hair. They are as follows:
- Plucking is a way of hiding hair during early stages. It is an easy fix. However, plucking from the follicle may lead to the distortion of the follicle, which may cause hair to thicken and turn darker.
- Depilatories is another way of removing excess hair due to hirsutism. Depilatories remove excess hair by the use of a chemical which dissolves the hair.
- Waxing is also effective for removing excessive hair. In waxing, warm wax is spread over the affected areas; a strip of cloth is placed over it, and rubbed on the wax. After holding the skin tight, the cloth is pulled off.
- Several medicines are used for dealing with hirsutism in women such as oral contraceptives, which help in removing the amount of androgens in the body. The androgen production may decrease as a result of oral contraceptives. The amount of circulating concentration of androstenediones and total testosterone are also reduced. Anti androgen medicines are also prescribed in some cases.
- Electrolysis is opted as a measure of managing excessive hair. In the process, a needle gets inserted along the hair shaft. After this, an electric pulse is sent to the root. This makes the hair release from the follicles and they are pulled out.
Laser hair removal is the final option for hirsutism treatment. In this method, light from the laser eliminates several hairs in the affected area. The pigment present in the hair absorbs the energy from the laser and gets destroyed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
How to use today female contraceptive available in India which produce lather in female organ how to use it? Is it safe does it have any side effects please advice.
I'm a 20 year old female and I've a problem of irregular periods. Last year my doctor gave me oral pills and I even took that for 2 months but that messed up my weight, my skin and my mental health so I had to stop taking it as it was making me miserable. I also got an USG done but no cysts found whatsoever. I haven't had my periods for the last 4 months. What should I do? is there any other solution than oral pill for this problem?
Which type of tonic powder or churn taken for effects of over masturbation in female and retain strength in ayurvedic.
I am 21 years old. I get my periods 9-10 days late. Never had sex. How can I cure pcos permanently and naturally? I get my periods every month but 9-10 days late, also light bleeding. Which yoga would be best to treat pcos?
Vaccines are recommended for very young children because their immune systems are not yet fully mature and also because their stomachs produce less acid, making it easier for ingested bacteria and viruses to multiply. These factors leave them the most vulnerable to the devastating effects of these serious diseases.
When a baby is developing in the mother's womb it is in a sterile environment. The baby's immune system goes into action at birth, as the child confronts bacteria outside of the womb. But our bodies are an amazing creation with an immune system that is ready to go to work from the moment that we are born. Infants begin to immediately develop an active immune response to these bacteria -- an immune response that prevents these bacteria from entering the bloodstream and causing harm.
Within the first two years of life a child is exposed to 11 or 12 vaccines, some of which are given over time in multiple doses. The degree to which these vaccines challenge a child's immune system is just a drop in the ocean when compared to the tens of thousands of environmental challenges that babies successfully manage every single day.
Things you should discuss with your child's health care provider when scheduling vaccinations:
If your child has had an allergic reaction to a previous vaccination or a vaccine ingredient, such as eggs or gelatin.
If your child has a high fever, or a history of fever after receiving a vaccination.
Doctors and other public health experts have worked hard to come up with the optimal vaccination schedule, affording the most complete and safest protection possible. It is not advisable to skip or delay vaccines, as this will leave the child vulnerable to disease for a longer period of time. Parents should discuss any concerns with their child's pediatrician.
The process of ageing differs from person to person. Some tend to age faster than their biological age in comparison to others that look refreshingly young always. This ageing process is often dependent on your lifestyle, dietary habits and environment and all the other habits that you maintain every day.
Let's have a look at some of your habits that may be are responsible in making you look older:
- Bad sleeping habits: Your body needs to reinvigorate itself every day and for this to happen, you need to make sleeping a priority. While everyone's sleep requirements are different, seven to eight hours of fitful sleep is required daily.
- Having a sweet tooth: Excess of anything is not good, especially when you're not exactly sweet sixteen always. A diet with an overt emphasis on sugar, will only add to your waistline. Its end products tend to damage the collagen and the elastin, leading to saggy and wrinkled skin.
- Smoking: It is a known fact that is damaging to your health, but it also speeds up ageing. Its harmful chemicals deprive your cells of oxygen leading to a pale appearance. They also break down the collagen in the skin, once again leading to wrinkly skin.
- Drinking: Being a natural diuretic, alcohol causes dehydration. This robs your skin of its natural moisture, making you look much older. It also rids your body of Vitamin A and C that are antioxidants important for making your skin to make it look supple and well hydrated.
- Exposure to sun rays: Sun rays only do more harm to your skin than good. Exposure to the ultraviolet rays of the sun can weaken your blood cells, which can make your skin look leathery. It can lead to pigmentation of skin as well followed by sagging and wrinkles.
- Not enough veggies: Veggies are essentially antioxidants that help you look youthful, but they only last for so long and must be replenished daily. It is important to take care of your body and making small changes to your everyday routine can go a long way to slow that ageing process and make you look young and refreshing.