Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Snehal Tannal
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Snehal TannalYour feedback matters!
My wife is suffering from thyroid since last 09 years and her health is not good condition. Day by day her health is undergoing decrease. She is also feel giddiness and headache. Some time she is senseless if any one hurt her. My son is 08 years old and he take to eat meals 1 hour for finish.
Mujhe toilet jayada aa raha hai kabhi kabhi sahi rehta hai kabhi kabhi 1 glass water pine par 1/2 hr ma he 3 to 4 times aa jata hai jaldi jaldi kabhi kabhi 4 se 5 glass water pine par 2 tak nahi aata mane diabetes bhi check karaye wahe bhi normal hai please pescribe me some medicine I thanksful to you.
I have diabetes, my age is 57 years, I have become very slim as I avoid sugar rich food, how can I become healthy, what food should I eat. Is sugar free safe in tea or coffee? I feel very week, please help.
I am 79 years of age. I am a diabetic patient for more than 25 years and am on insulin. Last I had undergone KidneyBiopsy due my creatine level on very high side. I had taken 4 injections and the creatine level is almost normal. But the Potassium level is always slightly on the higher side. I would like to undergo a cataract surgery of my left eye, but due to my blood sugar fluctuating, unable to do the cataract surgery. Will you please advise as to how do I stabilise my blood sugar. For your information, I am also on Steroids i.e. Defcort 6 mg for the past more than 1 year Please advise.
Sir please give me accurate diet chart for diabetic person because my mom is suffering with diabetes please thank you.
I am using glycomet 250 mg at my bed time after dinner. Today I got checked my blood sugar levels Fasting is 116. Post lunch is184 mg/do The lipid profile is fine. However I am on medication for both parameters. Are my blood sugar levels alarming. I am on good vegetarian diet with brown rice etc. I will walk for one hour every day in park in evenings brisk walk Any supplementation if suggested I will be thankful I'm a South Indian vegetarian aged 62 years.
My son is 7.5 years old and he is diabetic. .type 1 diabetes recently diagnosed. .Please tell me any treatment or home remedies and diet for him. .he is on 4 times insulin.
My age is 74. No major problem like diabetes etc. My weight is around 65 kgs. Height is 5 7" I look very slim and boney I wd like to add a little more weight. Any advise any suggestions?
Can a diabetic have drinks like whisky or beer sometimes .how much is a safe quantity and frequency.
I am sufferring from bp (160, blood sugar (fasting 189, pp283) and bilateral sn loss 60%, my age is 60+
The inability to conceive after indulging in unprotected sex is known as infertility. It can also be referred to the biological incapability of a male to cause the conception or a woman being unable to carry the pregnancy for full-term. Research has shown that female problems contribute to over half of all the infertility cases while a majority of the other causes include sperm disorders.
Treatment of infertility depends on:
- Cause of Infertility
- Duration of Infertility
- Age of both partners
- Personal preferences
Causes of infertility in women include:
1. Ovulation disorders: This is regarded as the most common cause of infertility in women. The disorders can be caused due to the following
- Premature ovarian failure
- PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Poor egg quality
- Overactive or Underactive thyroid gland
- Chronic conditions like cancer or AIDS.
2. Problems in fallopian tubes or uterus: Abnormalities in the uterus or fallopian tubes render the woman incapable of conceiving naturally. This might be due to:
3. Medications: There is a possibility that treatment will cure infertility. Examples include NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy. Treatment of infertility might involve a significant amount of psychological, physical, temporal and financial commitments. In men, treatment is done to treat lack of healthy sperm or general sexual problems. The treatments include:
- Change in lifestyle
- Sperm retrieval
Even though it is possible to restore fertility in women using only one or two therapies, a number of treatments might be required before conception is possible. Some of these treatments include:
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Stimulation of ovulation with fertility drugs
- Surgery to restore fertility
In situations where pregnancy does not happen spontaneously, Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) can be used by couples to achieve pregnancy. It is a form of fertility treatment which involves the handling of sperm and egg. The entire ART team consists of psychologists, physicians, embryologists, nurses and lab technicians.
One common ART technique is In vitro fertilization (IVF). It is a process where an egg and sperms are manually combined in a laboratory dish, followed by transfer of embryo to the uterus. Some aspects involved in an IVF cycle are:
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Assisted hatching
- Donor eggs or sperm
- Gestational carrier
Some complications that may occur during the treatment of infertility are:
I am 23 years lady, my thyroid test results are total t3- 137, total t4- 9.9,tsh-4.22 does it normal?
I have hashimoto thyroiditis. Total thyroidectomy 3 years ago. My tsh is 180 and stays that level. Feel awful and er does not seem to care. Im on synthroid 200 mcg. Is something I should be worried about?
Hi, me and my planning for second child, from last 9 years, but we are not getting success, my wife got miscarriage 2 times from last 2 years. My age is 36 and my wife is 35, She has diabetes, thyroid, and stone problem. Please suggest on this.
I am male 56+ and having diabetes & hypothyroidism for the past 7 years. No blood pressure. Beginning medication was 1gm metformin + 25 mg thyroxine sodium. Past one year metformin increased to 2gms in divided dose. eltroxin 25 mg remained same. But 6 months back my dosage was increased as follows- metformin 1gms + 1 mg glimepiride (twice) + 50 mg eltroxin once. Now for the past one month it's as follows- Morning 50 mg eltroxin, then before breakfast 1gm metformin + 1 mg glimepiride. Nothing in the night. My sugar levels are well in control as I go out for vigorous walks (5-6 kms) and exercise 5 days a week. The problems is with my libido which has drastically reduced to nothing for the past one and half years. My erection is limp and goes limp very soon. My testerone and sperm levels are okay for my age as per test results done recently. I don't want to take medicines like viagra or such ayurvedic medicines which shoots my pressure to dangerous levels of 145/97 and all white light becomes blue in my sight. The after effects are also very bad for me. Please suggest correctly ,so that at least, I can have satisfactory sex once per week.
I am suffering from diabetes since last month taking insulin. During insulin process I am getting lot of pain so what should I do?
If you have got diabetes, then it is quite natural that you will soon face acute eye troubles. This is the reason diabetic patients are always suggested to keep their blood sugar levels controlled so that eye troubles can be easily avoided. Thorough medical check-up is required in order to detect conditions of the eyes. Some of the commonest eye troubles occurring due to diabetes are cataract, glaucoma, blurry vision, diabetic retinopathy and others.
List of eye diseases caused by diabetes:
- Diabetic Retinopathy: When the retina's smallest blood vessels get severely damaged due to increased blood sugar, then this kind of eye condition occurs. Early detection of this eye condition can save your eyes, but if it is too late, then nothing can be done, and it might even lead to blindness.
- Cataract: Fogging or clouding condition can bring this kind of condition and this can only be corrected by wearing proper corrective lenses. However, if you fail to control diabetes, then in spite of wearing glasses, your eye condition might get deteriorated day-by-day. Glared or blurred vision is the most common symptom in this regard.
- Glaucoma: When the eye fluid is not drained properly, then this kind of eye trouble occurs. In fact, eye pressure increases to a great extent as a result of which delicate eye nerves can get severely damaged. The blood vessels of the eyes can get clogged causing greater interruption in vision. Medicines can make aqueous humor to get drained in a proper manner, and thus you should go for a proper eye check-up so that you can acquire the requisite medicines. Some popular symptoms of glaucoma are headaches, eye aches, blurred vision, watery eyes, vision loss and others.
- Diabetic macular edema: This eye disease mainly occurs in the advanced stage of diabetic retinopathy. Macula is nothing, but the most delicate part of retina and when it gets swollen, then you might face this eye trouble. Only medications can help you to get rid of the same and thus immediate medical help is needed.
- Blurry vision: Though this is quite a small and temporary eye issue for diabetic patients, but this condition might turn into a serious one if you neglect to correct the same in the very beginning. You might even face blindness due to negligence of this trouble. Also, fluctuating sugar-levels should be stabilized so that this kind of trouble can be easily tackled.
Diabetic retinopathy is an eye problem that can be caused by either type 1 or type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Retinopathy occurs when diabetes damages the tiny blood vessels in the retina. The weakened blood vessels may leak fluid and blood.
Who are at risk for developing diabetic retinopathy?
Those with poorly controlled blood sugar levels are at a high risk of developing diabetic retinopathy. In addition, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, anemia, kidney disease and pregnancy can all place a patient at greater risk of suffering from diabetic eye disease.
How frequently should I get my eye examined?
If you have diabetes, you should get a yearly examination by your ophthalmologist. Once you develop diabetic retinopathy, your ophthalmologist may advise further investigations or treatment. A periodic follow up as advised by your ophthalmologist is mandatory. The frequency of these follow up visits is decided based on the severity of the disease.
What are the symptoms of diabetic retinopathy?
There may be no symptoms in the early stages, especially when the central portion of the retina is not involved. As the retinopathy progresses, you may have:
- Blurred vision.
- Floaters, which can look like black spots, little threads, or cobwebs.
- Bleeding in the eye causing sudden loss of vision.
- Temporary or permanent loss of vision.
- Pain is not a common feature of the disease.