Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Occupational Therapists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Sneha P. BelelYour feedback matters!
My vitamin d level is 7.4, taking oral vitamin d as prescribe by Dr. Some times affect my joint movement of elbow. Kindly advice.
Meniscus refers to the soft ligament in your knee joint, which cushions your bones and protects it from wear and tear. It is vital for the fulfilment of regular activities and the health of your bones. Thus, a damage to the meniscus can be extremely painful. Meniscuses are exposed to injuries and shocks in case of rigorous activities and this is a fairly common syndrome faced by athletes and sports persons. It can cause a substantial amount of hurt and generally impairs movement to a large extent. It potentially gets worse as the inflammation sets in and the swelling grows. The risk of a meniscus tear increases with age. The treatment for a torn meniscus depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective.
Symptoms of a torn meniscus
1. You might be able to experience a popping sensation in your knee joint
2. Stiffness and swelling
3. You will experience pain, especially while you are trying to twist your knee
4. You might not be able to straighten your knee completely
The treatment for a torn meniscus depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective:
1. Light exercises: For slightly serious meniscus tears, there are certain knee exercises which are recommended to abort any further damage as well as to repair the wound. Limiting the activities which might exert pressure on the knees, getting adequate rest, using ice packs and wearing neoprene sleeves always aid in recovery.
2. Anti-inflammatory medications: Often, meniscus tears are cured with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen. They not only reduce pain but also enable the mending of the injured tissue. However, one needs to be aware of a few side effects which often become natural repercussions of such drugs. Possibility of ulcers and bleeding get increased by leaps and bounds on the intake of such drugs.
3. Surgery: For all other forms of meniscus tears, if healing is not obtained through non-surgical methods, the only option available is that of surgery. Such a situation arises when the pain becomes unbearable and the meniscus tear does not respond favorably to superficial treatments. These surgeries are less complicated than replacement surgeries. They usually do not involve any life threatening hazard and cautious and efficiently conducted surgeries release all pains and handicaps. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.
I have started morning running+walking from yesterday. And when I go today and started running then I was getting pain in my leg muscles. I was not able to run and only walk slowly and come back. But I want to continue it don? t want stop but also I want to release from this pain every day. Want to tell you that my age is 29, height is 5. 1 and weight is around 50 kg. I am not under weight and not over weight but still I have little fat on my waist. I have little belly fat and having two fat wrinkles on my waist. Also my stomach is not flat, I am having belly fat. I want to remove it totally. I am going to get married after 1 month and want to wear lehenga and sari. For that I have to remove my fat. Kindly suggest how can I remove my belly fat and how can I release my leg pain with continue running.
At the same time if one avoids cross leg sitting, floor sitting and frequent stair climbing may boost his pain relief.