Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Shamita BhatYour feedback matters!
I have a problem with my eyes? It is blinking in light nothing to see in when bike light is come to my eyes when I driving.
My eye sight is very week so what can I do that my eye sight still remains constant and I want to remove my specs.
I am 24 year old and I am having a small white spot under my right eye from last 8 years. What should I do so that this spot get normal skin color and this may not occur to any other part of body.
My eye is weak ,when I have watching mobile my eye get pressurised and flow tears with slightly pain in my eye what can I do for this ?
I am suffering from insomnia since 3days and face became fluffy and eyes are watering from yesterday. I went to a local doctor but it was of no use so please tell me any remedies for this.
What to do I have eye strain and it became more when there r more lights .i don't have anj number issue just 0.25 I seen everything clearly but the strain /pressure is my problem.
I have getting a lot of head pain from a week in the evening and also have pain in my eyes. What should I do now?
Eye allergy or allergic conjunctivitis is an eye disorder where inflammation of the conjunctiva in the eyes takes place. Eye allergies are different from contagious or bacterial conjunctivitis. Eye allergies are more likely to occur during the hot, summer season. Homeopathy offers excellent treatment for eye allergies. Below listed are are some homeopathic medicines, which cure eye allergies, along with the symptoms when they are prescribed.
- Apis Mel: Apis Mel treats eye allergies characterized by a burning and stinging sensation in the eyes. Oedema accumulates around the eyes, and the eyelids become swollen and puffy. Watery discharge comes out of the eyes.
- Euphrasia: This is an effective homeopathic medicine for treating eye allergies where there is an acrid discharge from the eyes. The discharge is acidic and burns the skin that comes in contact with the same. Burning pain in the eyes is indicated. The eyes become watery.
- Argentum Nitricum: Argentum Nitricum is an effective homeopathic medicine used in case of eye allergies with an abundant, prulent discharge. The patient develops photo phobia, and splinter like pain in the eyes is experienced. The conjunctiva swells.
- Ruta: This is a fine homeopathic medicine for treating eye allergies where there is a sensation of the presence of a foreign body in the eyes. Indicated by severe eye irritation, the patient feels something like a dust particle is stuck in his eyes. The eyes become red and painful.
- Pulsatilla: Pulsatilla is used when there is relief due to the application of cold water. Symptoms include discharge of a thick, yellow fluid from the eyes. Itching and burning is caused. The eyelids feel agglutinated.
Other than homeopathic remedies, natural, home-based remedies can be used to treat eye allergies as well. They are:
- Cold compress: Application of cold compress around the allergy affected area provides relief. Soak a cloth in cold water and apply it gently to the affected area. Chamomile tea bags can be used as cold compress.
- Cucumber: You can place round slices of cucumber over the allergy affected area on the eyes to get relief. Cucumbers contain anti-irritation properties, which help to reduce puffiness, swelling and irritation in the eyes.
- Rosewater: Rose water is an effective natural remedy for eye allergies. It soothes and cools the eyes, and makes the eyes clear. Rose water can be used as an eye drop.
- Green tea: Green tea is completely natural and gives relief to eye allergies. It soothes the eyes and is anti-inflammatory in nature.
Eye allergies are common and affect people during summer the most. They may reoccur every year. Homeopathic and natural treatment methods for eye allergies are very efficient treatment procedures. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Cataract can be defined as the clouding of the natural lenses in the eyes. This is caused by the clumping of protein in the eye lens. Cataract is a common eye disorder and the leading cause of loss of vision in people who are past their fortieth birthday. Cataract can occur in one or both eyes. When diagnosed properly, cataract can be treated with surgery to prevent blindness.
Depending on where and how they develop, there are many types of cataract. The most common amongst these are:
- Subcapsular cataract: These occur at the back of the eye lens. Diabetic patients are very susceptible to this kind of cataract.
- Nuclear cataract: Yellowish-brown cataract that form in the center of the lens are called nuclear cataract. This is usually seen in cataract caused by ageing.
- Cortical cataract: Cataract in the lens cortex are known as cortical cataract. These are wedge shaped and whitish in color. Spokes protruding out of these opaque wedges can be seen moving towards the center of the eye.
- Congenital cataract: Though they are not common, babies can also have cataract. Cataract formed at birth or within the first year of a baby's birth are known as congenital cataract.
- Secondary cataract: Cataract is one of the known side effects of diabetes and glaucoma. Some steroids and medicines are also linked to cataract.
- Traumatic cataract: If your vision becomes cloudy years after an eye injury, it could be a traumatic cataract. It can take several years for this to happen.
- Radiation cataract: Exposure to radiation can also lead to cataract. This is seen sometimes in patients who have undergone radiation therapy to fight diseases like cancer.
Though the type of cataract might differ from person to person, the symptoms are usually the same. Some of the common symptoms of cataract are:
- Blurred vision
- Reduced night vision
- Increased sensitivity to light and glare
- Seeing halos around lights
- Colors appearing faded
- Double vision
- Frequent change in (glass power) refraction
A reading test is the first step towards diagnosing cataracts. This is followed by tests to measure the eye pressure. Your doctor will also need to dilate the pupil to check the condition of the optic nerves and retina.
Surgery is the safest way to remove a cataract. Surgery is usually recommended when cataract begin inhibiting your daily life such as preventing you from driving, interfering with reading etc.
In most cases, this can be done as an outpatient procedure. The earlier it is diagnosed, the easier it is to treat. Hence, if you notice any of the symptoms mentioned above, get your eyes checked at once. The surgery is a day-care surgery only, so a person can go home the same day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.