Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Bariatricians in India. You will find Bariatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Bariatricians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay GharatYour feedback matters!
I have been on yasmin on and off for 1 year reason pcod now after stopping no period. I have tsh past 4 months I am taking 50 mcg thyronorm. My weight has gained upto 3 kgs. And no period this month pls help.
I am 38 year, My height is 177 cm and weight is 75 kg and I have fat belly. Need help what type of physical exercise to be done and what is the diet is to be followed.
I have been trying to loose my weight, if I take food in less quantity my body seems too lazy. I feel like something happening I may fell down with uneasy, if I eat normally gaining weight. My palms seems slightly white like lack of blood. Can anyone suggest the best.
I have a desk job and in the last 2 years my weight has gone up from 75 kgs to 85 kgs. I went to lose weight please help.
My age is 30, 5 feet 7 inch height. Body weight is 100 kg. How to reduce weight? I m working in shift wise. Morning, evening, night.
I m 27 Years old, please tell how to reduce weight over tummy n chest please help me out doc. My current weight is app 90 n mu height h 6 Feet.
I want to loose my weight. What should be my diet. What kind of food will help me to reduce my weight.
I am worried about of that I will gain weight (obese) in future. But at present my BMI is 24.8 .so what should my strategy to make my body slim. Which best exercise should I do and how many minutes should I exercise per day? Which is the best time to exercise? And in my house if diet food is not available. .What should I eat. And I have to purposely eat starch containing food like white bread, etc because diet food is not available in my house regularly. What should I do so? How many glasses of water should I drink to stay hydrated?
Hi I am very fat person could you please tell me how to reduce my weight without decreasing the food and without excrecisisng. Please, mama is me thank you for your support.
Hello doctor. I was not so fat before but suddenly my I gained a lot in last 3-5 months. My thighs are very fat. And then I started exercising my calves also became big what should I do to reduce it? I even have stretch marks over my legs from thighs hip and calves. I desperately want to loose weight. I don't want fatty legs n large calves pleas suggest a diet n tips.
The additional layer of greasy tissue under our chin is frequently created by being overweight. Drooping skin under the chin can likewise happen as we age and our skin loses flexibility. For some of us, it can be hereditary and this is often known as a double chin.
While there are surgical methods and procedures that can remove the two-fold skin, they can be costly. There are numerous straightforward home treatment alternatives to get rid of the two-fold jaw that are very easy. The most obvious is the need to diminish extra weight with an appropriate diet and workout. So, here are some exercises that can help you get rid of the double chin:
- Tongue press: Sitting with your back straight and shoulders down, tilt your head back so you are staring at the roof. Strongly press your tongue to the top of your mouth or pallet. At that point, keeping your tongue against the top of your mouth, bring down your chin to your chest, without bending your back.
- Pout and tilt: From a sitting or standing position, take out your lower lip to the extent you can to shape a sulk (place a finger on your button ; the skin needs to feel wrinkly and puckered). Hold this position for a moment. At that point, with your lip still out, get the muscles at the front of your neck to bring down your chin to your chest quite far, without adjusting your upper back.
- The “O”: Sitting with your back straight and shoulders down, tilt your head back so that you are stare at the roof. Close your lips so that they are resting. Keeping your lips shut, open your mouth so it frames an "O" shape. Hold this position for twenty seconds. You need to feel a pressure on both sides of your neck right under your jaw line.
- Kiss the ceiling: Standing straight with your arms hanging on your sides, tilt your head back and look at the roof. At that point, attempt to kiss the roof by puckering your lips and stretching them as far from your face as could reasonably be expected. You need to feel a stretch all through your neck and chin.
- Chin rotations: In a seated or standing position, stretch your spine for a tall, straight back. Gradually and delicately tilt your head so it moves in a full hover from your shoulder to chest to shoulder to back. (In case that full roundabout turns trouble your neck, stay with crescents.)
- Side neck stretch: Sitting on the floor, put one hand on the floor, fingers down, around one foot far from your hip. Try not to incline or lay intensely on your fingertips. Wrap your other arm over the highest point of your head so that your palm lies on your inverse ear. Keeping your head in with your neck, twist and make a beeline for your shoulder, using the palm to tenderly press down your shoulder. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
In India, especially the urban centers, obesity or even being overweight is becoming a new epidemic. The increases in consumption of fast foods, sedentary lifestyles and stress have increased the incidence of this problem. This has in turn, led to an exponential increase in the cases of diabetes, heart diseases and blood pressure among a host of other problems.
The Ayurvedic approach
Ayurveda is a discipline, which has been practiced over many millennia and contains the collective wisdom to effectively treat problems of obesity or being overweight without side effects. According to Ayurveda, the body is made up of 7 elements or Dhatus:
- Rasa (Lymph)
- Rakta (Blood)
- Maans (Muscle)
- Meda (Fat)
- Asthi (Bones)
- Majja (Nervous system)
- Shukra (Reproductive System)
However, if you are overweight then it means that due to an imbalance of the ‘Kapha’ dosha, you are accumulating more ‘meda’ or fat. Ayurveda has some very effective actions to prescribe through which you can lose weight very effectively. Some of these tips are mentioned below.
- Drink a mixture of lemon, honey and water first thing in the morning: Drinking a mix of lemon, honey and water helps to jump start your metabolism and boost your digestive system. Drinking this regularly over a period of a few months and would help reduce your weight very quickly.
- Meditate for at least 10 minutes a day: This is a very important step as meditation helps relax your mind, muscles and nerves and reduces stress. This enables you to take better decisions throughout the day. It also controls your appetite thus stopping you form binge eating. Meditation and relaxation have also been shown to contribute to weight loss by keeping the metabolism regulated.
- Do at least 30 minutes of exercise: It is important that you do at least 30 minutes of exercise daily as it would regulate your metabolism and help you to keep burning fat throughout the day. Incorporating light yoga along with a brisk walk is possibly the best way to safely and easily lose weight. Some of the easiest poses to lose weight would be
- Dhanurasana or Bow pose
- Setubandhasana or Bridge pose
- Bhujangasana or Cobra pose
- Vakrasana or Half spinal Twist pose among many others
- Consider your diet according to season: According to Ayurveda, you should be careful about what you eat during the various seasons as this will ensure maximum nutrient absorption without the deposition of fat.
- Eat three meals a day, not more: According to Ayurveda, you should have three meals a day without any snacks in between. Have a heavy breakfast as that tends to set the tone for the day, followed by a comparatively light lunch and an even lighter dinner. This is because your digestive system functions most effectively in the morning, fairly fast at noon, but it is the most sluggish at night.
- Go to bed early and rise early: This is often propagated as disturbances in the Circadian rhythm or the natural sleep and waking cycles are a big contributor to weight gain. Once this is properly regulated, it could result in weight loss because of your body metabolism being properly regulated.